l AM GOD

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
My dear friend Biomega, not to affront you but I'm not sure if we're supposed to take any of your posts seriously in this discussion. They seem so outlandish that you could only be trolling but some part of me thinks that you believe the credibility of your words. I'm not bashing you, I'm merely wondering if I should respond to your posts or continue to ignore them.
Wait, any?

Well, if you are going to respond them in accordance to what I have said, that's fine by me. And if you(and only you, obviously) are going to ignore them, that's also fine--no, even better(to avoid one of those "oh, i am not hating u or anyting but are u guing to contrubite to thread and stfuf?).

Suppose we upload our mind to the net. Is our soul in cyberspace or is it still in our bodies? The soul resides in the body. Not necessary the mind or the heart by themselves.
In 6th day, Schwarzenegger got his memory, consciousness, soul whatever into some machine, and he got cloned. So, does his soul partially gets transferred to the new body ? Of course, the Film ignores the whole of body-soul hypothesis.

But hear me out. Why would it stay in the body? Why it does not travel with our consciousness? How do you know it's not necessarily in our brain our heart.

If soul is a versatile meta-dimensional medium, it should probably at least follow the thoughts, now that our brain is in the computer. Now, the computer is assuming the role of the brain, shouldn't it expresses it through the zero and ones, since and after all the computer now emulates the brain -- after all, they are electrical signals? Or I am getting this wrong.
Think of a body as an exoskeleton and the soul is on the inside. Anyway, our brain expresses the will of our soul through our thoughts which, for all intents and purposes are electrical signals. We could probably mindjack our computers but I doubt we'd see a world like in GItS. More than likely we'd see zeros and ones but be unable to process any of it. Anyway, even if we upload our thoughts to the net the soul would still be in the body. If the body dies it stands to reason that any electrical impulses we send to the net via our synapses would die too. What's left over, if anything, wouldn't be us but probably just residual data. We could not say that we could achieve immortality because we would still be dead.
I like that last part. Brain uploading does not equate to immortality. But what is soul? Can you define soul?

Thought is gnosis. Gnosis is the soul. Next?
Oh, so thought is gnosis(knowledge, if that's what it means). gnosis is the soul. Dead brain person exhibits no thought process, therefore no gnosis and eventually no soul. Interesting.

Well, going by the popular soul = energy thesis, I guess it would be extremely difficult, perhaps even downright impossible, to digitize a soul.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
I want to ask something.
Can cartesian dualism be applied in this case?
No.
The relationship between consciousness and physical body would be analogous to software and hardware i.e. consciousness is a result of matters interaction.

Oh, so I have Kaze-dono's attention? :shrug: What a righteous day this is. :cool2: OK, I'll bite.
Well, seems like your post also attract others attention, lol.

You act like that's proven. I don't think the soul exists at all.
Are you sure you're Christian, lol?

noex1337

Emmie was here
No.
The relationship between consciousness and physical body would be analogous to software and hardware i.e. consciousness is a result of matters interaction.

Well, seems like your post also attract others attention, lol.

The concept of the soul the way Zero describes it is inconsistent with biblical teachings. So i suppose it would be more accurate if I say "I don't think the soul exists in the way commonly described", but that's too wordy.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
Well, going by the popular soul = energy thesis, I guess it would be extremely difficult, perhaps even downright impossible, to digitize a soul.
If soul is indeed a physical particle, then why not? Digits are not abstract, they are emitted by physical means. I don't remember exactly, but I have studied about logic gates and integrated circuits. And the one that looks like square waves are the 1 and 0, made possible by diodes and transistor. Something like that. Not sure. Any Electronic Eng. or Computer Science Major here?

Probably atheist Christian. Or a New Agey in disguise.

The concept of the soul the way Zero describes it is inconsistent with biblical teachings. So i suppose it would be more accurate if I say "I don't think the soul exists in the way commonly described", but that's too wordy.
Oh. But that's a hypothetical Soul. He was explaining that model using this soul.

noex1337

Emmie was here
If soul is indeed a physical particle, then why not? Digits are not abstract, they are emitted by physical means. I don't remember exactly, but I have studied about logic gates and integrated circuits. And the one that looks like square waves are the 1 and 0, made possible by diodes and transistor. Something like that. Not sure. Any Electronic Eng. or Computer Science Major here?

Computer Engineering here. What's your question?

Probably atheist Christian. Or a New Agey in disguise.

Oh. But that's a hypothetical Soul. He was explaining that model using this soul.
I'm not sure what you mean by any of this.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
The distinction between matter and energy in quantum level is really indistinguishable. Take photon for example, which exhibit wave-particle duality.

@Noex
You're a lost sheep.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
Computer Engineering here. What's your question?
What is one and zero basically. How it is made in a computer system? I think this is a Computer Science question. But I believe you can answer it.
The distinction between matter and energy in quantum level is really indistinguishable. Take photon for example, which exhibit wave-particle duality.
Soul is light(photon)?

noex1337

Emmie was here
What is one and zero basically. How it is made in a computer system? I think this is a Computer Science question. But I believe you can answer it.
They are just different voltage standards that are quantized to be represented as two distinct values. I believe in an ideal system, 1 = 5V and 0 = 0V, but realistically i think you allow a range of +/- 0.7V

Soul is light(photon)?
Still don't understand. Elaborate.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades

They are just different voltage standards that are quantized to be represented as two distinct values. I believe in an ideal system, 1 = 5V and 0 = 0V, but realistically i think you allow a range of +/- 0.7V
So, they look like this?
I knew it was a Square wave stuff.
Still don't understand. Elaborate.
Ask Haddy. She is done who proposed the whole Soul = Energy stuff.

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
You act like that's proven. I don't think the soul exists at all.
Unfortunately Kaze's question and my answer pay little heed to what you think. I'm not being a smartass but Kaze-dono posed a question to me, not you, therefore I would not hold your views or take them into account.

Wait, any?

Well, if you are going to respond them in accordance to what I have said, that's fine by me. And if you(and only you, obviously) are going to ignore them, that's also fine--no, even better(to avoid one of those "oh, i am not hating u or anyting but are u guing to contrubite to thread and stfuf?).

My question was simple. All you need do is respond simply. Are you trolling or are your posts meant to be taken seriously?

In 6th day, Schwarzenegger got his memory, consciousness, soul whatever into some machine, and he got cloned. So, does his soul partially gets transferred to the new body ? Of course, the Film ignores the whole of body-soul hypothesis.
Yeah, cause it's a movie. :-.-:

But hear me out. Why would it stay in the body? Why it does not travel with our consciousness? How do you know it's not necessarily in our brain our heart.
How do you know it is? Anyway the soul cannot be boiled down to the physical. If finding it was as easy as you believe we would have disected it by now yes?

If soul is a versatile meta-dimensional medium, it should probably at least follow the thoughts, now that our brain is in the computer. Now, the computer is assuming the role of the brain, shouldn't it expresses it through the zero and ones, since and after all the computer now emulates the brain -- after all, they are electrical signals? Or I am getting this wrong.
You are getting it wrong. That's the problem. You are making this argument under the assumption that you are operating under the right logic. You are not. The soul is the consciousness. The brain only expresses the consciousness through electric signals. The signals themselves are not where the thoughts are coming from. They are simply the expression thereof. Your logic puts the cart before the horse Biomega.

I like that last part. Brain uploading does not equate to immortality. But what is soul? Can you define soul?
The soul is the only part of us that does live forever. The soul is the ghost in the shell. :confused2:

Oh, so thought is gnosis(knowledge, if that's what it means). gnosis is the soul. Dead brain person exhibits no thought process, therefore no gnosis and eventually no soul. Interesting.
My, I'm not even going to touch this one.

With all do respect Noex, you are the last person on earth to tell anyone that their views are not in line with Biblical doctrines. A nihilist Christian? Really.

Thank you Biomega. That was indeed my intention.

@NoexYou're a lost sheep.
True.

In what sense? I base my views on what's biblical, not based on what the masses of Christians believe. I.E. my ideas of hell is different from what most think, and the same can be said about my viewpoint on the soul.
Noex nothing you think is based on the Biblical. No offense, but every other argument you make is blasphemous so I'm not sure what Bible you're reading but it's not mine.

noex1337

Emmie was here
With all do respect Noex, you are the last person on earth to tell anyone that their views are not in line with Biblical doctrines. A nihilist Christian? Really.

Noex nothing you think is based on the Biblical. No offense, but every other argument you make is blasphemous so I'm not sure what Bible you're reading but it's not mine.
I never said that my nihilism is biblical. So that's irrelevant. However your views on the soul isn't biblical as much as you want to believe it is.

Just because i don't follow it 100% doesn't mean i don't know what it teaches.

Zero Phoenix

I never said that my nihilism is biblical. So that's irrelevant. However your views on the soul isn't biblical as much as you want to believe it is.
I was giving a theoretical view of the soul under a religious scope. God knows I'm the only person in this thread who actually is religious, but people of the world would not understand my words so I tried to explain the soul in the way a secular person would understand. Know your dogma before you question mine.

Just because i don't follow it 100% doesn't mean i don't know what it teaches.
That's your problem. If you don't follow the Word then you DON'T know what it teaches. If you don't LIVE the Word of God then you don't KNOW the Word of God. If your knowledge of Biblical doctrines was of any consequence you would know that. I shouldn't have to explain this to you Noex. If you really are a Christian then I wouldn't have to explain why your views are are blasphemy incarnate. You don't follow the Word with 100% obedience. You admit that. And somehow you think it's OK. It's not. This isn't the first time I had to call you on the fact that you speak about things you know nothing of.

noex1337

Emmie was here
I'm going to be patient with you because God knows someone has to right? I was givena theoretical view of the soul under a religious scope. God knows I'm the only person in this thread who actually is religious, but people of the world would not understand my words so I tried to explain the soul in the way a secular person would understand. Know your dogma before you question mine.
But the way you explain the soul is inconsistent with what is actually written in the bible. Unless the bible isn't the basis of your beliefs, then by all means, go ahead.

That's your problem. If you don't follow the Word then you DON'T know what it teaches. If you don't LIVE the Word of God then you don't KNOW the Word of God. If your knowledge of Biblical doctrines was of any consequence you would know that.
So you're saying that i need to subscribe to islam to know it's doctrines too? Or communism? How does that make any sense?

And btw, you're telling me that you follow the bible 100% I find that highly unlikely.

Zero Phoenix

But the way you explain the soul is inconsistent with what is actually written in the bible. Unless the bible isn't the basis of your beliefs, then by all means, go ahead.?
Biomega could you explain it to him?

So you're saying that i need to subscribe to islam to know it's doctrines too? Or communism? How does that make any sense?
Of course it doesn't make any sense, to you. That's why Kaze called you a lost sheep. If you had any actual, credible knowledge of what it means to be a Christian and why you can't claim to know the teachings but somehow, don't live them, I wouldn't have to explain any of this to you. You do not occupy the same plane as a believer and so my words will not reach you.

noex1337

Emmie was here
Biomega could you explain it to him?
Why don't you try? It's simple logic, really. According to the bible, the soul isn't sentient. According to you it is. Therefore your views are independent of the bible.

Of course it doesn't make any sense, to you. That's why Kaze called you a lost sheep. If you had any actual, credible knowledge of what it means to be a Christian and why you can't claim to know the teachings but somehow, don't live them, I wouldn't have to explain any of this to you. You do not occupy the same plane as a believer and so my words will not reach you.
So I take it that you're unable explain and are using BS excuses instead. Just answer the question.