Justice

Its been on my mind for quite some time now and i want to hear everyone opinions to a simple question

what is Your definition OF justice? I hold my opinion for now till i get some replies

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
I admire the American Justice system: Some brown bearded dude blow our two main income tower, we erase million of their people. Justice is served. God bless America.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
I love your sarcasm. Still, as flawed as our system is, I'd rather live here than anywhere else ATM.
I'd rather live somewhere where freedom of expression is one of the basic human rights, than here. Here, it's khaakht*knife to neck finger gesture*

Jamaica maybe. Rasta Mon!

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
I'd rather live somewhere where freedom of expression is one of the basic human rights, than here. Here, it's khaakht*knife to neck finger gesture*

Jamaica maybe. Rasta Mon!
Meh, say youre gay over there and youll be hanged before you can say "rainbow powah!"

Gay or not gay, I wouldnt want to live in a place were they are so openly homophobe and think justice is served.

As for justice, I believe it to be a hollow concept, devoid of meaning. Everyone uses it to make their point seem right over that of any opposition. It depends so much on your personal view on things. Hitler thought it was justice when he initiated the holocaust. Stalin thought it was justice when he send all those people to the gulags. Bush thought it was justice to invade Afghanistan and Iraq in the search of 1 guy, while that same guy thought it was justice to hijack several commercial airliners and use them to attack people. I can go on and on.

In hindsight people say those people perverted justice and that it was all so wrong, yet we still believe that there is some form of 'universal' justice. While in reality, what all these people regard as justice is just their personal idea of justice.

Justice is a word which I believe has no practical use because the meaning varies from person to person. Where one person may have meant to use it in one way, another person will look at it differently.

The actual definition of justice is related to morals. But which morals are we going to be referring to when speaking about justice? The morals we've adopted from religion as we've done for many years, or the morals the western world has created? Well, there is no practical use of justice (in my opinion) but nevertheless people will argue their view of justice if they say or refer to it. I'd rather just avoid the word completely.

Justice to me well to sum it up peace and equality though in this era most people just brush it off as mere pretty words and there several contradictions in application however the meaning of the concept still there a utopia a world where everyone can be happy we all desired it yet why is it so far away? that i cannot comprehend

Utopia is impossible as long as people have different opinions. Or rather thats my take. And Utopia is pretty much perfect communism anyways, Humans are greedy by nature so its difficult to say that we will ever see an utopia

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
Meh, say youre gay over there and youll be hanged before you can say "rainbow powah!"

Gay or not gay, I wouldnt want to live in a place were they are so openly homophobe and think justice is served.
No. Where I live, homosexuality is a taboo, but it's tolerated a bit, they are sent to rehabilitation centres; clerics in those centres throw holy water on them and read Quran from them to heal and atone for their sins -- that also goes for those assume the female gender.

I don't know about Saudi-Arabia and Iran, but they are extremely homophobic for all I know.

I think there is a BBC documentary about Afghanis performing pederasty(Bacha Bazzi culture), the man basically says this: "We don't see women, they are clothed from head to two. And the only beauty we see are in boys."

And Saudi Arabia has raided some 100 illegal marriages where homosexual and transvestites are marrying(this is because they are visually depraved, leading them to resort to homosexuality(or, they are intrinsically homosexual) like the Afghanis(women in Saudi wear black Ibaya and Niqab)). Beheading the attendants won't be cool for the Saudi foreign relationships.

And god know what's happening in Iran "there's no homosexuals in Iran", yeah - true to that Nezad.

Sorry for going off an a tangent, but it's relevant issue, since that's what Justice means in my region.

Justice to me well to sum it up peace and equality though in this era most people just brush it off as mere pretty words and there several contradictions in application however the meaning of the concept still there a utopia a world where everyone can be happy we all desired it yet why is it so far away? that i cannot comprehend
My argument is people are tribalist in nature and wants the benefits for his people only(As I have illustrated in my first post).

Justice is the thing used by those men in power. It depends on how justice is perceived by someone. It could punishment by law or punishment by death via guns/swords.

In ancient times, justice is done by the leaders by killing the person who abused the other party.

In modern times, depending on the government it differs from each other.

In the middles-east, from what I knew (our OFW's in our country) are punished by the government there when they accidentally killed their employers cause the latter abused them. That's not even justice anymore.

Justice is the thing used by those men in power. It depends on how justice is perceived by someone. It could punishment by law or punishment by death via guns/swords.

In ancient times, justice is done by the leaders by killing the person who abused the other party.

In modern times, depending on the government it differs from each other.

In the middles-east, from what I knew (our OFW's in our country) are punished by the government there when they accidentally killed their employers cause the latter abused them. That's not even justice anymore.
"Those who stand above others must have noble ideals along with the most noble intentions otherwise they don deserve to have power yet why they cant realize this?

Define noble ideals and noble intentions. Those might differ greatly from person to person, being exact opposites even.
true but i think we all get the proper general idea be nice don be corrupt use your power for others instead of just your personal desires use it for the people thats how a leader should act

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist

Doesn't that fits your definition of "justice" perfectly?

Also, what about the force subjugation of the Moro?

Is it "justice" to brutally occupy the land of other people?

Doesn't that fits your definition of "justice" perfectly?

Also, what about the force subjugation of the Moro?

Is it "justice" to brutally occupy the land of other people?
There cant be Justice in Brutality Justice is strongly related to kindness

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
true but i think we all get the proper general idea be nice don be corrupt use your power for others instead of just your personal desires use it for the people thats how a leader should act
Well obviously we dont all agree on that. Everyone talks about justice, but half of the people that talk about justice arent nice to others. Unless you call starting a war 'nice'. Unless people are willfully evil. Like they get out of bed one day and think 'today Im gonna screw people over, because thats what I feel like doing.'

I dont think anyone is willfully evil like that though.

Well obviously we dont all agree on that. Everyone talks about justice, but half of the people that talk about justice arent nice to others. Unless you call starting a war 'nice'. Unless people are willfully evil. Like they get out of bed one day and think 'today Im gonna screw people over, because thats what I feel like doing.'

I dont think anyone is willfully evil like that though.
thats why i said we still lacking in application but as in this case most politicians and those power holders just care about the money the power they forgot the true purpose of power blinded by greed they just keep backstabbing each other such foolishness no idiocy is more accurate