"TSA will grope less children"

Rascal

Your saying that WAS the defininition and terrorism was then during the course of the war then it doe matter because thats your definition of terrorism. Don't start being selective on what you say Faux.
OTL im not. i already said that there was terrorism in the course of the war, read my post again. ... im only saying that IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT lol i'm talking about the atomic bombs, which i wanted you to identify why those two bombings were different from the collapse of the twin towers ^^ understand my line of thought now?

OTL im not. i already said that there was terrorism in the course of the war, read my post again. ... im only saying that IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT lol i'm talking about the atomic bombs, which i wanted you to identify why those two bombings were different from the collapse of the twin towers ^^ understand my line of thought now?
Whether atomic bomb or bombs , they still bombed them over citizen cites...60 infact....why would it being an atomic bomb matter?

Core

Fascinating...
We are talking about the international community. And I did not mis-interprete anything I said.

maybe you should read Wiki more clearer

No this line states the following:
In the international community, however, terrorism has no universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition.

Just that. No more no less. But the word Terrorism comes from Terrorisme, which comes from terreo and it means I frighten.

In the dictionary the easiest and simplest definition of terrorism is a group that frightens others -.-

Rascal

Yes, the atomic bombings were technically acts of terrorism. Their sole purpose was to devastate Japans willingness to make war by showing it would lead to the utter destruction of Japan if they didnt surrender. Not to attack industrial or other valid military targets.

And no, if civilians die in a military operation that has the sole objective is to kill combatants, who are valid military targets, they are collateral damage. Its not terrorism because you kill the civilians in the hope of getting something accomplished, they die because you are already after the final objective, they just stand in the way.
didnt see that post, but yeah i agree on it

[MENTION=1268]The Prince[/MENTION].... dude... the whole world matters... but we cant discuss it all at the same time... im not saying it doesnt matter, im saying its off topic... but if you reeeally wanna include it then fine, ALL the bombings ur speaking of =___= .... vs 9/11 GO.

Its extremely on topic since it fits your definition. Im sure even if its a bomb it would matter.....your words are so selective its funny....,because the world wouldn't see it as important?

Obviously you don't know what being bombed is. Its just as horrific as 9/11

Core

Fascinating...
didnt see that post, but yeah i agree on it

@The Prince .... dude... the whole world matters... but we cant discuss it all at the same time... im not saying it doesnt matter, im saying its off topic... but if you reeeally wanna include it then fine, ALL the bombings ur speaking of =___= .... vs 9/11 GO.

Screw bombings lets bring it down to its elemental level

*scares a child with a mask*

HA! I CAUSED TERROR!

or by Lexus' weird ass book of definitions that I can never seem to find anywhere ever.

Any instance where a civilian died in the crossfire ever. GO!

No this line states the following:
In the international community, however, terrorism has no universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition.

Just that. No more no less. But the word Terrorism comes from Terrorisme, which comes from terreo and it means I frighten.

In the dictionary the easiest and simplest definition of terrorism is a group that frightens others -.-

The word "terrorism" is politically and emotionally charged,[3] and this greatly compounds the difficulty of providing a precise definition. Studies have found over 100 definitions of “terrorism”.[4][5] The concept of terrorism may itself be controversial as it is often used by state authorities (and individuals with access to state support) to delegitimize political or other opponents,[6] and potentially legitimize the state's own use of armed force against opponents (such use of force may itself be described as "terror" by opponents of the state).[6][7]

Rascal

Its extremely on topic since it fits your definition. Im sure even if its a bomb it would matter.....your words are so selective its funny....,because the world wouldn't see it as important?

Obviously you don't know what being bombed is. Its just as horrific as 9/11
............. right... idk what being bombed is? the fuck? also, the topic is "atomic bombs" so no, the rest of the bombings in the world are not on topic, because i defined the topic. If you would like to change the topic, present it as such.
and to say its just as horrific , are you even disagreeing with me stilll on it being just the same as an act of terrorism???

[MENTION=1543]Core[/MENTION], i disagree on the crossfire, because it would mean the civilian wasnt the target

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
@-lexus- Are we really using the dictionary...I take law and politics and in both the dictionary is usless....so don't go picking up a dictionary and expecting every definition in their to actually be applied to our world..and if its not apply it mean nothing.
Your saying that WAS the defininition and terrorism was then during the course of the war then it doe matter because thats your definition of terrorism. Don't start being selective on what you say Faux.
Funny, Im doing law at the moment, and it most certainly uses the dictionary. Hell, there is even this really big dictionary specially designed for law. Maybe you have heard of it: Oxford Dictionary of Law.

Really, you cant just make up your own definitions for words like that, at best you can interpret their meaning and relevance to something else, but the definition stands.

Funny, Im doing law at the moment, and it most certainly uses the dictionary. Hell, there is even this really big dictionary specially designed for law. Maybe you have heard of it: Oxford Dictionary of Law.

Really, you cant just make up your own definitions for words like that, at best you can interpret their meaning and relevance to something else, but the definition stands.
Your taking some weird ass law then...more then half the words mean something completely different then the discrtionary...im standing by my words lexus....I couldn't care less what class your taking...

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
merriam webster said:
: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion
dictionary.com said:
noun 1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.
the free dictionary.com said:
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.
Just three definitions pulled from the first google page if you search for a definition of terrorism. While its true the definition is not worded the same everywhere, the essence remains the same. The use or threat of force against persons or property to coerce them into doing what you want them to do.

@Core , if you had read more then just the first 3 sentences of your wikipedia article:

wikipedia said:
European Union

The European Union defines terrorism for legal/official purposes in Art. 1 of the Framework Decision on Combating Terrorism (2002).[48] This provides that terrorist offences are certain criminal offences set out in a list consisting largely of serious offences against persons and property that;
...given their nature or context, may seriously damage a country or an international organisation where committed with the aim of: seriously intimidating a population; or unduly compelling a Government or international organisation to perform or abstain from performing any act; or seriously destabilising or destroying the fundamental political, constitutional, economic or social structures of a country or an international organisation.

@The Prince , well, whatever. Im going to stand by my use of definitions. There is a reason why there are special law dictionaries. Its not so people can make up their own meaning for a word.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
There is no universal consensus in regard to the definition of Terrorism.
Every countries and organizations has their own interpretations.
That being said, among scholarly circles, terrorism is recognized as any deliberate attack on civilian for political purpose.

............. right... idk what being bombed is? the fuck? also, the topic is "atomic bombs" so no, the rest of the bombings in the world are not on topic, because i defined the topic. If you would like to change the topic, present it as such.
and to say its just as horrific , are you even disagreeing with me stilll on it being just the same as an act of terrorism???

@Core , i disagree on the crossfire, because it would mean the civilian wasnt the target
I see so all Atomic bombing is terrorism ,, while all regular bombing isn't. Wow Faux you reached a new level of stupidity and biasness.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
I see so all Atomic bombing is terrorism ,, while all regular bombing isn't. Wow Faux you reached a new level of stupidity and biasness.
Actually normal bombing, if it is purposely done against civilians is terrorism as well. If you bomb valid military targets, its not. In the same case, if you nuke an area that only has military installations its also not a terrorist act.

Actually normal bombing, if it is purposely done against civilians is terrorism as well. If you bomb valid military targets, its not. In the same case, if you nuke an area that only has military installations its also not a terrorist act.
Japan months before the atomic bombing and all thru out the war bombed Japanese cities.....60

Would you consider that terrorism?

Core

Fascinating...

None of the definitions you used cited: intentionally harming civilians.

And even the European Law one didnt cite it.

It cited.. incase you cant read more then 2 words:

...given their nature or context, may seriously damage a country or an international organisation where committed with the aim of: seriously intimidating a population; or unduly compelling a Government or international organisation to perform or abstain from performing any act; or seriously destabilising or destroying the fundamental political, constitutional, economic or social structures of a country or an international organisation.

No mention of harming civilians.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Japan months before the atomic bombing and all thru out the war bombed Japanese cities.....60

Would you consider that terrorism?
Yes. Unless they were bombing military bases or industrial centers. Then no. But I know the allies firebombed civilians in both Japan and Germany, and that would be terrorism.

Core

Fascinating...
thats what Im saying but shes stating some difference between those bombings and the atomic bombing , even though they both fit her definition.

I could walk out onto the street and say "Long live Pikachu" and shoot a random person.

That constitutes as Terrorism in the US.