"TSA will grope less children"

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
As I said previously, spam posts and reply to spam posts will be deleted straight away.
To be fair, anyone who think their posts has been unjustly deleted, please do let me know via PM, so I can review them back.
Other than that, please stop posting spam.

Build a 100-foot wall around your country out of polished stone, and an invader need only make a 105-foot ladder for a fraction of the cost.

There will ALWAYS be security holes that a dedicated attacker could exploit.

That is why the best policy is not to create defenses, but to have an aggressive agency with skills and tools to find the attacker and disable him.

Armor the cockpit doors if you want and screen stadium entry. A stadium is a soft target with a massive potential for death, but I don't think that airport screening is an efficient use of our resources.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Build a 100-foot wall around your country out of polished stone, and an invader need only make a 105-foot ladder for a fraction of the cost.

There will ALWAYS be security holes that a dedicated attacker could exploit.

That is why the best policy is not to create defenses, but to have an aggressive agency with skills and tools to find the attacker and disable him.

Armor the cockpit doors if you want and screen stadium entry. A stadium is a soft target with a massive potential for death, but I don't think that airport screening is an efficient use of our resources.
Good airport screening would have picked out that Somalian guy that tried to blow up a plane at Christmas by hiding a bomb in his underwear. Hell, 9/11 wouldnt have happened if the airport security wasnt a joke. Of course, just building walls doesnt help, but seriously, look at the terrorists that got away with it or almost got away with it. ALL of them would have been stopped if you had properly checked them.

Good airport screening would have picked out that Somalian guy that tried to blow up a plane at Christmas by hiding a bomb in his underwear. Hell, 9/11 wouldnt have happened if the airport security wasnt a joke. Of course, just building walls doesnt help, but seriously, look at the terrorists that got away with it or almost got away with it. ALL of them would have been stopped if you had properly checked them.
I guess put up enough defenses to stop your average wacko, but have an offensive element of defense that actively seeks out the more elaborate attack plans.

The more they are forced to plan to overcome a defensive structure, the more visible they should become to our intelligence communities.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
I guess put up enough defenses to stop your average wacko, but have an offensive element of defense that actively seeks out the more elaborate attack plans.
Oh yes sure. I think I argued for that earlier in this thread as well. More intelligence operations and operations like the one that killed Bin Laden.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
It'd be ideal if we did those ops via proxy, so there was less blowback.
Yes. Although I think its hard to find a proxy in Pakistan that is willing and able to pull of something like Bin Laden. I think in this case it was justified doing it yourself. Only way to be sure you got him.

Yes. Although I think its hard to find a proxy in Pakistan that is willing and able to pull of something like Bin Laden. I think in this case it was justified doing it yourself. Only way to be sure you got him.
Oh Definitely.

The SEALs will always have a place. They do some damn fine work. Modern day Spartans.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
1. The best policy is to understand the reason behind why America is being attacked, very little people talk about this fundamental question - people don't attack you for no reason.
2. 9/11 is a case of extreme incompetency at the very least, and a deliberate attempt at worst. but never was due to failure in intelligence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRTb1glOzTM
3. The killing of bin Laden are both illegal and unjust, Obama is flat out lying to the public when he said "justice has been served".

1. The best policy is to understand the reason behind why America is being attacked, very little people talk about this fundamental question - people don't attack you for no reason.
2. 9/11 is a case of extreme incompetency at the very least, and a deliberate attempt at worst. but never was due to failure in intelligence.
3. The killing of bin Laden are both illegal and unjust, Obama is flat out lying to the public when he said "justice has been serve".
To me justice is simply in the eyes of the beholder. Your justice and mine can be different. But the only one that will matter is the one who succeeds.

Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately), that's not how International Law works.
International law only punishes the losers in war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDT8NdyoWfI

3. The killing of bin Laden are both illegal and unjust, Obama is flat out lying to the public when he said "justice has been served".
True, in a respect.

But we've already dug ourselves into this hole. We've already killed a lot of people over there, and it gets to a point where we need to defend ourselves for the sins of our past leaders.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
International Law? You know that stuff is unenforceable? International law only is there for those who willingly play by those rules, but there is absolutely nothing that can stop a country from breaking it. Its a completely voluntarily system based on a bunch of customs everyone simply respects out of their own benefit. Anyways, International Law is nothing like National law. Breaking International Law at worst causes a diplomatic incident, and at best everyone just doesnt care enough to respond to it.

And in this case they got a damn good reason for breaking the international law if you know the Pakistani intelligence likes to play on both sides. I can understand that the US didnt want to have someone tipping Bin Laden off and having him escape at the last moment. As for shooting him? Well, everyone knows he is a terrorist. Having a trial is pointless. It would take years, cause a whole show, turn him in some kind of martyr and give him a chance and a platform to spout his nonsense all over television. You can see how effective that international tribunal in the Hague is, and how it takes them years to convict someone of genocide. Hell, some even die in prison before they can be convicted. No, shooting Bin Laden was a sound move. Easiest way to get rid of him relatively quietly.

Core

Fascinating...
No, shooting Bin Laden was a sound move. Easiest way to get rid of him relatively quietly.

Oh yes relatively quietly. Regardless of whether or not the dude is dead there hasnt been a 9/11 since 9/11. Regardless of whether or not they actually found bin laden and killed him or just made it look like they did. Regardless of the fact that it took 10 years to find 1 man. Regardless of the fact that it happened within months of Obama's inauguration.

Regardless of whether or not any or all those points are disputed...

The last thing that happened was: getting rid of him relatively quietly. If they had killed him in 88-89 THAT would have been relatively quietly. No would would have known who he was back then and no one would have cared.

9/11, Invasion of the middle east, Occupation of the middle east, Side mission: Saddam, Unclear intent, 10 year long manhunt, Media exposure up the ass, and finally about 115 documentaries about how they killed Laden, but were unable to show his body, etc etc.

Quietly? Seriousy? Quietly?

I dont care about US politics and maybe Obama is a decent man, I dont know, I dont care, What I can tell you is that to me it seems that when he got into office his first damn sentence was: We gotta get some closure on this Osama business. Real or fake.

Thats what I would have done. Admit it... Its what all of you would have done.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
What? Obama got elected in 2008, inaugurated in 2009, and they kill him in 2011? How do you mean months after his inauguration. Thats more then 2 years after his inauguration.

Core

Fascinating...
Yes yes I still call it months. Why? Because only a complete moron would have done it back in 09

That all you had to comment on? so you agree with the rest?

AWESOME!