God's Thread

Katsu said:
=/

I kinda grew out of it though, since I believe in Shinto and Celitc realigon more.

=/

me too, its like i internalize more of others teachings than my "own"...

like of karma, darma, etc...

em sure my relatives gonna be mad if theyll read this..... :sigh:

theyre such a follower... youth of christ, familia, things like that...

A

annieangel85

I dont believe in god.

If god do exist,i feel like im getting punished for nothing .

And if god exist i think he should help people more who really need it and the world needs big help too.

Well I believe in God.

It is a good thing to believe that someone is checking over you which will always protect u from the temptation of doing negative things...

Ok. I knoe this thread is kinda old but id lyk to add this regrding believing in god, religion or afterlife.

Its fr the book Eldest.

"a place where we are responsible for our own action, where we can be kind to one another bec we want to and bec its the right thing to do instead of being frightened into behaving by the thread of divine punishment."

"only do not ignore reality in order to comfort urself, for once you do, you make it easy for others to deceive you."

well, isnt it true? Ü

Just because this was brought back to life by a mod I don't mind responding.

I'm going to sum up a 12 page final paper into a paragraph so I'm sorry if everything isn't clear.

But I guess if I am reading what you are saying right it somewhat sums up my beliefs.

I am highly agnostic. Though I believe in truth of science I also believe in a god of some sort existing. and will change my beliefs to match that of reality. Though due to my uncertainty about what god is I do not fear retribution for my actions though I believe it is best to be good from the standpoint of how I would like people to be to me no mater how cliche that sounds.

Also in terms of the after life I think there is more out there since I can't wrap my mind around just death. The best way to describe the feeling I have when I try to image there only being death is fear

So due to just a cliche belief I take my own actions into consideration and take responsibility but I don't deny whats right before my eyes despite belief in the divine

Scribe

Insomniac`^
Ok my description of god:

I do not believe in a "God" or many "gods". I believe these are fables to simplify the unnameable. Because once you name it, or you assign an emotion, thought or felling or anything else it becomes illusive. It is not "god" it is what you said it is. There is no way of encompassing everything in an over simplified word such as "god"... The new age ideas coming out are as close as most people will get to understanding a systematical path to get to god (Religion); one of the new ideas that i keep hearing is that god is in everyone, everything and is everyone and everything...

This I believe is the closest we can get to "describing" god. Divine consciousness, divine awareness and divine compassion are also beautiful descriptions. But take the reality of what it actually is away.

Too many people believe their "god" or system to get to god is correct. You can not name infinity, or make a system to encompass all of the systems; here in lies the problem, people forget this. They believe there is a personified version of themselves or a man with a beard in the clouds. How pathetic is that. Angels and demons resided in your head, that is the world of fact. No demons posses you to do evil or angles posses you to do good. You may have some kind of archetype in your head of the form of god: Hindus have one, Buddhists have one, Christians, Jews etc etc.

If you live and do good things: For the whole of humanity, not for your ego, or self gain (money or popularity) out of compassion, awareness and sensitivity for ALL living things. Good things will "happen" to you. You will feel happy, be happy and most of all you will acknowledge the demons are only in your thoughts and actions

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
God's thread.

Every forum for serious debates must have a thread for Atheists, Agnostics and Theists to square off against each other when it comes to God and Religion. Argue to your heart content, but let us not forget the common decency.

In summary; use this thread to question or debate God and religion.

Added poll as a bonus.

Scientists cant pin point the location of a subatomic partical, the more they try to look the more they cant find it. Thus suggesting something is creating the situation for them to look for it. Because everything thats solid is vibrating, and suggest that something intellegent is holding those forms in vibration for them to be solid. That force or w/e is held together, is commonly considered god. Which relates to quantum physics, and how we create our own reality, and whatever helps us create our reality and hold it together, thus suggesting that consciousness is the real force behind reality, and that its shared through everyone meaning we all have some form of god in us.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
If I read you correctly, you're implying a natural form of God and not a Supernatural Anthropomorphic God a la Abrahamic religions. The idea of a conscious universe is indeed an interesting one, especially after the advance of Quantum physics.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
God does not exist.

Proof.

Nobody has ever seen him.

Nobody can even show he is there.

Nobody has proof he made any of this*points to everything*

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
Hadriel said:

Bad logic. Anyone could turn your point around and say, "Thus, he exists until proven otherwise."

then I'll just tell him the same thing.

Thus he does not exist until proven otherwise.

How many times do you want to do this?

once? twice? 9999x?

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Hard question. There is Clarke's third law, suggesting that an sufficiently advanced species might appear to be like some sort of God. And who can make the distinction between a space time bending species with technology that goes beyond our understanding and the God from the bible. Especially when you consider the idea that the things God did could be done with sufficiently advanced technology, and all the other stuff is just metaphors. Its my personal belief (more like a fantasy actually) that what is described as God in the Bible are just aliens, performing a bunch of social experiments on humans. The rest just formed around that.

But yeah, no evidence for that, just a fun fantasy. So Ill argue either for agnosticism or atheism, cuz it is always fun to see believers explode and try to convince you how right they are because some musty old book says they are right.

Deadpool said:
then I'll just tell him the same thing.

Thus he does not exist until proven otherwise.

How many times do you want to do this?

once? twice? 9999x?

Obviously this will go on indefinitely, so it's best that we pursue alternative lines of arument regarding this matter.

Also, I would like to share with you folks about this interesting theory on our existence, that is the Simulation Hypothesis. The gist of the theory goes like this: Throughout history, humans have developed more and more, and now they are capable of making spectacular innovations. In particular, humans have been able to create articificial organisms, such as artificial bacteria, etc. If this were to proceed indefinitely, it is plausible that at one point in time, humans will be able to create another universe entirely. However, if they do manage to achieve such a feat, then our current universe and reality is almost certainly simulated. If they do not, then our current universe and reality is most likely natural.

More info can be found on this website: http://www.simulation-argument.com/

It may not be fully relevant to the debate on the existence of a god, but it does help us ascertain whether the chances of there being a god are high or low given our current scientific progress.

Hard question. There is Clarke's third law, suggesting that an sufficiently advanced species might appear to be like some sort of God. And who can make the distinction between a space time bending species with technology that goes beyond our understanding and the God from the bible. Especially when you consider the idea that the things God did could be done with sufficiently advanced technology, and all the other stuff is just metaphors. Its my personal belief (more like a fantasy actually) that what is described as God in the Bible are just aliens, performing a bunch of social experiments on humans. The rest just formed around that.

But yeah, no evidence for that, just a fun fantasy. So Ill argue either for agnosticism or atheism, cuz it is always fun to see believers explode and try to convince you how right they are because some musty old book says they are right.

If you connect that with what I said than it makes sense as to why the missing link in humans hasnt been found, and the sudden intelligence increase we've gotten. On top of that if you believe in things like the illuminati and so on, then its easy to believe that these few in control could be these aliens, trying to control our minds by making us live in fear. Since fear = lower vibrational state, rather than high vibration where clear thinking and so on is, then that keeps us at a lower frame of consciousness, thus keeping us in control. If were so called experiments, then its very evident that why wouldent want us all knowing to create our own reality and keep us distracted with things like media, terror, music, and so on instead of us focusing on our real problems, they keep us divided. Literally if everyone came together as one our problems would end over night, then we can explore what we really are. But aslong as they keep everyone divided, as in Science vs Religion, country vs country, race vs race, and so on then well never see the truth. Because if you come together as one, and put both sides of the story together, youll see something that makes alot of sense, as my first reply in here which covers both sides of this topic.

since i'm a dumbfag in a term of science

let me answer this from the theology pov

1st:

God probably exist

we just don't know what its form is

Abrahamic religions (Islam, Christian, Jews) show it as a powerful creature that watch and protect us

Nature religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, etc) show it as the leader of another deity

Ancient religion (animism, dynamism) show it as the "power" that surpass their power

Satanism show it as "Satan" (ah whatever this thing is)

however there's counter-argument on this

You know how Christians and Jews describe their God?

the old man with white hair and white beard

It's pretty Similar to Zeus the leader of the Greek's Gods

meanwhile Zeus is actually Greek's version of Thor the leader of the Norse Gods

so it's pretty vague are they really using that model because they have seen it?

or it's just a culture assimilation?

nevertheless there's too many mysteries in this world that can't be solved with logic and science

So for now I'll just believe some existence that called "Creator" exist

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
Wow, there are many posts, I don't know where to begin.

Archerguy said:
since i'm a dumbfag in a term of science

let me answer this from the theology pov

1st:

God probably exist

we just don't know what its form is

Abrahamic religions (Islam, Christian, Jews) show it as a powerful creature that watch and protect us

Nature religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, etc) show it as the leader of another deity

Ancient religion (animism, dynamism) show it as the "power" that surpass their power

Satanism show it as "Satan" (ah whatever this thing is)

however there's counter-argument on this

You know how Christians and Jews describe their God?

the old man with white hair and white beard

It's pretty Similar to Zeus the leader of the Greek's Gods

meanwhile Zeus is actually Greek's version of Thor the leader of the Norse Gods

so it's pretty vague are they really using that model because they have seen it?

or it's just a culture assimilation?
This theory is obviously an old. Suggesting human's have believing in the very same God, but with just different names.

Christianity is the most strange one, though. It claims to be original and the "true" one, yet most of its customs are Paganistic. And with 50+ Sects, now no body know which one tells the right thing, man.

My only argument against the stereotypical god, is that "he's" so inert, so quite that we do not sense or feel "him"(alluding to evidence of absence). God is just not there when we need him - that god exist just as concept in the mind.