God's Thread

First off, I apologize for being unable to thank you and [lexus] for backing my weak argument on your own words in your previous post.
Please forgive me.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306513666' post='137968']

Prophecies...

In George Orwell's book '1984'(A book of fables), he mention Telescreens - a 70 year old book. It's a flat rectangular device, with no back, that projects clear live images - and it can even see you.

[spoilera]
[/spoilera]

His prediction has been realised. Does this makes him a prophet? A god of some kind?

'London of Time'(a 100 year old literary work) by Mark Twain, Predicted Internet forums. We are using it now, is this a prophecy that has been fulfilled?

These are prophecies.

[/quote]

Second, I am talking about the prophecies in a holy text which claims that it is the word of God.

Third, I am talking about a holy text which was revealed in the 7th centuary.

Fourth, the holy text claims that it was the word of god, not a guess, nor were they claimed after a research.

That's why I have faith,

I'm not saying that there is 10000000000% proof, but what I am trying to saying is that, I believe the existence of god because the holy text was able to provide me to a finite point that I could infer the existence of god.

I do not know about everyone, but I do know that I am not alone.

[quote name='-lexus-' timestamp='1306515068' post='138018']

Randomness and coincidence are not actually an argument that would support God. So far, it always goes like this: chances are so small, by any means, they should be considered as impossible. Normally they would if you had these odds and you were testing it in a lab. However, the things it is applied to, such as the chance of a planet containing life, take place on such a huge scale that a chance of one in a billion will still result in a loooooooot of planets. It is estimated that the observable universe contains about 3 to 100 × 10^22 stars (30 sextillion to a septillion stars). Thats a loooooot of stars. Assuming some simple fist rules on the prevalence of planets, how many of those are expected to lay in the Goldilocks zone, the chances of planets having life, are well....not so small anymore.

Edit: source for the amount of stars: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3085885.stm

[/quote]

Okay, could you please tell me the first cause?

Thanks.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
[quote name='Billion-Degree Dragon' timestamp='1306516421' post='138049']

First off, I apologize for being unable to thank you and [lexus] for backing my weak argument on your own words in your previous post.
Please forgive me.

Second, I am talking about the prophecies in a holy text which claims that it is the word of God.

Third, I am talking about a holy text which was revealed in the 7th centuary.

And IMO:

-Could anyone at that time have known about Ubar and Iram's Pillars, which were only discovered in recent decades via the use of NASA satellite photographs? - No

-Could anyone at that time have known in detail about the various stages of development from which an embryo grows into a baby and then enters the world from inside his mother? - No

-Could anyone at that time have known that the universe is "steadily expanding,"? - No

-Could anyone at that time have known about the fact that each individual's fingertips are absolutely unique, when we have only discovered this fact recently, using modern technology and modern scientific equipment? - No

-Could anyone at that time have known that our atmosphere is made up of seven layers? - No

-Could anyone at that time have known about the role of one of Pharaoh's most prominent aids, Haman, when the details of hieroglyphic translation were only discovered two centuries ago? - No

-Could anyone at that time have known that the word "Pharaoh" was only used from the 14th century B.C. and not before, as the Old Testament erroneously claims? - No[/quote]

Ah, a Muslim. Salam Allaikum Wa Rahamat Allah Wa Barakatuhu my brother in Islam! Now, let's wage Jihad against the evil infidels!

1)Iram of the pillars, don't know about that. Yes, they could have possibly knew that. Prophet Mohammad(Peace and Love on you my turbaned brother) was a Bedouin caravan master aka Merchant. Such stories about places in Arabia was passed down to generation to generation orally - and Muhammad perhaps picked it up and learned of the location - nothing hard.

2)You see, old Philosophers also said the same thing - the same stages of how Embryo is developed. So, no, this is not a Quranic miracle. And there are good arguments against this Islamic claim. I can debunk it, but just not at the moment.

3)The second one, about the 'universe is expanding'. The Quran never says that 'universe is expanding', I want the exact verse, IN Arabic(because I know how to read arabic).

The Quran says the heaven and earth has been split apart, meaning they were both 'Earths', and not the other away around, and I don't even know how that implies universe expansion. Oh, wait, did Quran explained Big Crunch? Basically, universe will stop expanding, and will come back to its original state.

4) What did Mohammad said? Muhammad said to tip of your finger, it's an ancient allegory that means that God will bring him back exactly as he was to the tip of his finger, and not finger prints. He could have said, eyes, which more complex, the indents in the iris is different from person to person. Plus, it's not a miracle. I mean, do you really think people of that were really stupid people? Never realised that people had different fingertips?

A quick and simply wiki search tells, people long before Prophet Essa, used it as an identifier - a special mark, and substitute to signature. They knew they had different fingertips, I believe.

So, no, not a miracle. I think Mohammed had an IQ of 150-180, I will give him that.

5)True, Atmosphere is of 7 layers. But so does heaven. Heaven is of 7 steps. My friend, he was referring to his place, where he met the Prophets in each of the heavens during the Isra and Miraj. And, there were only 7 planets discovered at that time. There is now 7 continents and 7 seas - why the magical number 7 of Quran didn't mention those?

6) 1) Lost and found. 2) Passed down stories.

7)14th century B.C? Civilisation never even existed at such time period. From where did you brought that number?

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
[quote name='Billion-Degree Dragon' timestamp='1306516421' post='138049']

Okay, could you please tell me the first cause?

Thanks.

[/quote]

First cause of what? The Big Bang? Well, I believe that happens when you shoot particles at each other at the speed of light. I believe thats what they are doing in the LHC.

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
[quote name='-lexus-' timestamp='1306533573' post='138394']

First cause of what? The Big Bang? Well, I believe that happens when you shoot particles at each other at the speed of light. I believe thats what they are doing in the LHC.

[/quote]

Where would the particles come from lexus? My god this isn't Critical Thinking 101. I wish we had those emoticons so I could make sport of you. Obviously Dragon is making the first cause argument. Sound because there must be a first cause for everything.

If you assert there is a big bang then logic would dictate you would ask what originated the bang? If you say particles one must ask where those particles came from and how they came into being.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
[quote name='ZERO PHOENIX' timestamp='1306535895' post='138427']

Where would the particles come from lexus? My god this isn't Critical Thinking 101. I wish we had those emoticons so I could make sport of you. Obviously Dragon is making the first cause argument. Sound because there must be a first cause for everything.

If you assert there is a big bang then logic would dictate you would ask what originated the bang? If you say particles one must ask where those particles came from and how they came into being.

[/quote]

I follow the Big Bounce theory, which pretty much states that a universe expands, then collapses, and expands again, technically going on infinitely. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bounce

And I know he was trying to make the first cause argument. Thats a silly argument however, because it always immediately leads to the question of who created God. The usual response: "God is infinite." Well, thats not much better then "the universe itself is infinite" except for the fact that that response does not invoke any Gods.

[quote name='Crom' timestamp='1306290682' post='91662']

Scientists cant pin point the location of a subatomic partical, the more they try to look the more they cant find it. Thus suggesting something is creating the situation for them to look for it. Because everything thats solid is vibrating, and suggest that something intellegent is holding those forms in vibration for them to be solid. That force or w/e is held together, is commonly considered god. Which relates to quantum physics, and how we create our own reality, and whatever helps us create our reality and hold it together, thus suggesting that consciousness is the real force behind reality, and that its shared through everyone meaning we all have some form of god in us.

[/quote]

Why can't we give people rep????

You deserve a +1.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
[quote name='-lexus-' timestamp='1306541443' post='138613']

I follow the Big Bounce theory, which pretty much states that a universe expands, then collapses, and expands again, technically going on infinitely. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bounce[/quote]

Here is the problem Lexus: In order for the big bounce to happen, big crunch should happen. To make sure Big crunch happen - couple of laws must be defied, Hubble's Law and Newton's first law of motion - because of the two laws, universe is expanding indefinitely. Another proof is the Red Shift we are experiencing.

Of course, for the Big Crunch to happen, many galaxies must devour on another, until it become a huge celestial mass that eats other smaller galaxies - but I am not sure if that mass becomes infinitely dense(whatever this means) - now this is beyond my scope of scientific knowledge.

I picked up M-Theory and String Theory, which are two other possible scenarios for universe.

Dr. Michio Kaku explains it a bit.

[spoilera][youtube]F-yEu-b_YD0[/youtube][/spoilera]

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306577680' post='139064']

Here is the problem Lexus: In order for the big bounce to happen, big crunch should happen. To make sure Big crunch happen - couple of laws must be defied, Hubble's Law and Newton's first law of motion - because of the two laws, universe is expanding indefinitely. Another proof is the Red Shift we are experiencing.

Of course, for the Big Crunch to happen, many galaxies must devour on another, until it become a huge celestial mass that eats other smaller galaxies - but I am not sure if that mass becomes infinitely dense(whatever this means) - now this is beyond my scope of scientific knowledge.

I picked up M-Theory and String Theory, which are two other possible scenarios for universe.

Dr. Michio Kaku explains it a bit.

[spoilera][youtube]F-yEu-b_YD0[/youtube][/spoilera]

[/quote]

What has Newtons first law got to do with it? I know its Hubble's constant that says that it will collapse if the Universe reached some sort of critical density, it will collapse due to gravitational forces being to strong. But I dont think they know what that density is supposed to be. Currently they think the universe is expanding at an increased rate, but I dont think they know how it does that.

As for the Big Bounce theory, apparantly there are some Quantum Mechanics fields that support this model. But the working of that goes way beyond my understanding, so Ill stop discussing it.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306519484' post='138119']

Ah, a Muslim. Salam Allaikum Wa Rahamat Allah Wa Barakatuhu my brother in Islam![/quote]

Wa alaikumuh Salam Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatuhu, my brother.

Peace be upon you.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306519484' post='138119']Now, let's wage Jihad against the evil infidels![/quote]

Allah Akbar!

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306519484' post='138119']3)The second one, about the 'universe is expanding'. The Quran never says that 'universe is expanding', I want the exact verse, IN Arabic(because I know how to read arabic).

The Quran says the heaven and earth has been split apart, meaning they were both 'Earths', and not the other away around, and I don't even know how that implies universe expansion. Oh, wait, did Quran explained Big Crunch? Basically, universe will stop expanding, and will come back to its original state.[/quote]

You may find the verse in arab here(including the surah):

http://al-quran.info/default.aspx?x...ahmoud_ghali&show=both,quran-uthmani&ver=2.00

"And the heaven We built with Our own powers (aydin) and indeed We go on expanding it (musi'un)."(51:48)

The theory gives us a better understanding of how the universe was initially created. It explained us the step by step process of creation, in a manner which perfectly falls into step with the theory of the Big Bang.

First step:

"Do not the unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were a closed-up mass (ratqan), then We clove them asunder (fataqna)? And We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?"(21:31)

The basic message of this verse is covered by two words:

Ratqan: Closed-up mass.

Fataqna:Clove them asunder.

These words give two meanings in the arabic translation:

The 1st Meaning:the coming together of something and the consequent infusion into a single entity' and the

The 2nd meaning is: 'total darkness'. Both these meanings are significantly applicable.

When we take these words as a whole, they perfectly boils down as the definition of a black hole.

According to the expansion theory the universe will, at some time, be reversed because the inward gravitational pull will ultimately predominate. And at last, all matter will be pulled back again to form another gigantic black hole. This latter view appears to be supported by the Quran.

While keeping in mind about the first creation of the universe, the Quran also describes its ending into yet another black hole, connecting the end to the beginning, thus completing the full circle of the story of cosmos. The Quran declares:

"Remember the day when We shall roll up the heavens like the rolling up of written scrolls by a scribe. As We began the first creation, so shall We repeat it—a promise binding upon Us; We shall certainly perform it"(21:105)

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306519484' post='138119']1)Iram of the pillars, don't know about that. Yes, they could have possibly knew that.Prophet Mohammad(Peace and Love on you my turbaned brother) was a Bedouin caravan master aka Merchant.Such stories about places in Arabia was passed down to generation to generation orally - and Muhammad perhaps picked it up and learned of the location [/quote]

But the prophet claims that it was not picked up like that, rather, the word of god.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306519484' post='138119']- nothing hard.[/quote]

Tell that to Clapp and the English researcher Thomas. - nothing hard.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306519484' post='138119']2)You see, old Philosophers also said the same thing - the same stages of how Embryo is developed. So, no, this is not a Quranic miracle.[/quote]

Do clarify the date and who these old philosophers are.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306519484' post='138119']And there are good arguments against this Islamic claim. I can debunk it, but just not at the moment.[/quote]

Looking forward to it.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306519484' post='138119']7)14th century B.C? Civilisation never even existed at such time period. From where did you brought that number?[/quote]

Encyclopaedia Britannica

Academic American Encyclopaedia

[quote name='-lexus-' timestamp='1306541443' post='138613']

I follow the Big Bounce theory, which pretty much states that a universe expands, then collapses, and expands again, technically going on infinitely. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bounce

And I know he was trying to make the first cause argument. Thats a silly argument however, because it always immediately leads to the question of who created God. The usual response: "God is infinite." Well, thats not much better then "the universe itself is infinite" except for the fact that that response does not invoke any Gods.

[/quote]

The Qura'n also mentions about the expansion of the universe.

Could you refer to my previous post, I've included the verse which goes through the subject.

Thanks.

And if you were to ask, who created god, then who is the one who created the one who created god? The chain goes on, however, when logic is applied,we can infer that there must be one source which neither has a beginning nor an ending. (similarly to the theory of energy- Energy can neither be created nor destroyed), and that is whom we believe as god.(Allah - Arabic translation for the word god)

The same logic for the universe cannot be applied.

Reason : If it can/will(universe) be destroyed, then it must have a beginning.(IMO)

God does not have an ending, as so, god cannot have a beginning.(IMO again).

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
[quote name='Undead-Cookie' timestamp='1306659171' post='140265']

Could you refer to my previous post, I've included the verse which goes through the subject.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, Im aware of the verses and Im not impressed. They are rather....vague and in so many ways interpretable.

Its in the human nature to search and find patterns, connections, etc, even when there are non.

And if you were to ask, who created god, then who is the one who created the one who created god? The chain goes on, however, when logic is applied,we can infer that there must be one source which neither has a beginning nor an ending. (similarly to the theory of energy- Energy can neither be created nor destroyed), and that is whom we believe as god.(Allah - Arabic translation for the word god)

The same logic for the universe cannot be applied.

Reason : If it can/will(universe) be destroyed, then it must have a beginning.(IMO)

God does not have an ending, as so, god cannot have a beginning.(IMO again).
For that logic to work you first need to prove that the universe can actually be destroyed in the sense that all matter and all energy simply vanish completely. That all that is left is nothingness (try wrapping your head around that, its fun I swear
). Even the current theories do not state such a thing. In the case of a big crunch, everything will revert back to a black hole singularity, in which case the universe doesnt get destroyed, but compressed into a singularity. Heat Death states that all energy is gone at some point, but the lack of energy and therefor motion doesnt lead to nothingness. The Big Rip says that all everything will be pulled apart by gravity. This one comes the closest to the actual destruction of everything, but still doesnt lead to nothingness.

No, there is nothing that suggests that the universe can actually be destroyed. The only thing they know is that the universe as we know it, will be destroyed.

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
So before anyone claims that I don't know anything about Islam and I just wiki to find info, let me reassure you that I do more than, in fact, I have taken Islamic Studies during my period in school and my mentors were certified scholars from the Al-Azhar College(Yes, they were Egyptians).

I have bought several books pertaining Islam, most of them are Sira(Chronicles) of the Prophet Mohammed and Tafsir(Elucidations of the Holy Quran) - Yes, I don't just have a copy of Quran in English, but a whole sets and volumes of tomes in the Arabic language.

This picture is a testimony for that.

[quote name='Undead-Cookie' timestamp='1306658485' post='140258']

"And the heaven We built with Our own powers (aydin) and indeed We go on expanding it (musi'un)."(51:48)

The theory gives us a better understanding of how the universe was initially created. It explained us the step by step process of creation, in a manner which perfectly falls into step with the theory of the Big Bang.

First step:

"Do not the unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were a closed-up mass (ratqan), then We clove them asunder (fataqna)? And We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?"(21:31)

The basic message of this verse is covered by two words:

Ratqan: Closed-up mass.

Fataqna:Clove them asunder.

These words give two meanings in the arabic translation:

The 1st Meaning:the coming together of something and the consequent infusion into a single entity' and the

The 2nd meaning is: 'total darkness'. Both these meanings are significantly applicable. [/quote]

1)False and False. What just our heathen friend -lexus- said, that those verses are heavily fuzzy and vague, and hundred and thousand of interpretation can be conceived from them.

First of all, this how the verse goes.

"Wal Samma' Baninaha Baiad Wa Inna Al-Mos'owon"

Let's get one thing clear.

Samma' means two thing: The literal sky, the heaven. And sometimes, in the Ancient times, they were used interchangeably, and in fact, the sky that we see, what beyond that lies the heaven.

The one with the 7 layers(actually, floors, not layers) of sky, he was referring to the heaven. Proof of this is when he went to the Isra and Miirage, where he met.

"Then Gabriel ascended with me till we reached the second heaven. Gabriel asked for the gate to be opened. It was asked: 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered: 'Gabriel.' It was asked: 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked: 'Has he been called?' Gabriel answered in the affirmative. Then it was said: 'He is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!' The gate was opened. "When I went over the second heaven, there I saw John (Yahya) and Jesus (Isa), who were cousins of each other. Gabriel said (to me): 'These are John and Jesus; pay them your greetings.' So I greeted them and both of them returned my greetings to me and said, 'You are welcomed, 0 pious brother and pious Prophet.'"

Source

So, it's evident that Prophet Mohammad or Quran, from the above quote as a hard proof(if you are so much reliant on scriptures), that they were not referring to Stratosphere or Exosphere(which is obviously a layer of void i.e nothing).

So basically, that's not the "Universe" that's expanding, but actually the "Heaven". Ousana(musi'un), here, means, that we made it vast, as in to garnish it.

A QURANIC SCIENTIFIC ERROR

I don't know if you were looking into the following verses, but it's says this:

"And the earth, We have laid it out (as) a bedding, so how excellent are the Smoothers! (i.e., Those who make the earth as a cradle)"

We all know, after taking a nice lesson in geography and geology, EARTH IS NOT FLAT! And so claims the Quran, that Earth is flat.

"And of everything We created pairs, that possibly you would be mindful."

I am so mindful that I know there are organisms that does not need a pair(Unisexuals), that needs another pair not of the opposite sex(Hermaphrodites), have but do not need a pair(Parthenogenic). Bee, worms, snails, turkies, unicellular organisms, plants; You see, if you observe carefully, these things needs no "pairs" to propagate. Yes, there are plants that are bisexuals, and actually have both of sexes in ONE species(obviously one pair). But lower plants uses somatic cells to reproduce, simply. They need no pair, but the Quran claims the opposite.

You see, in the same time, you try to use a verse, and modified it so that it can be compatible with science and scientific theories. But then again, you miss the next few verses that are plainly flawed and contradicting empirical science.

2) I don't know why Muslims sees a nice translation and turn everything they see into a scientific miracle when it actually isn't. Especially the two verses you have brought.

You see, those who translated the Quran made sure it sounds nice in English, but when we hear it from the actual Arabic verses:

"An Al-Samawat Wa-Al-Ard Kanata Ratqa Fafataqnahuma Wa Jalana Men Al-Ma Kul Shai Hai."

Ratqa literal meaning is patched up - Meaning there were boarders in between heaven and Earth - they weren't "the coming together of something and the consequent infusion into a single entity(whatever that means" as you, from no where, suddenly claim. What you have just done is modified a quranic verse so that it can match up a scientific theory.

They(God always refer to himself in plural personal pronouns - many Gods?) removed the borders(fafataqna); the following sentences of the same verse:

"Wa Jalna Men Al-Ma Kul Shai Hai"

says exactly that from the heavens down came the rain, and from it, everything become living. Oh my God... How you... shame shame...

In the field of Abiogenesis, non of the models included water as primary source for organisms to exist(may be later, because we are hydrocarbonic organisms). Plant is a new organisms, actually pre-historic, but not beyond that -- plant needed a way to make sugar to grow, that needed water(relied on rain). Water in ocean is not considered a source, because water is heavily saturated with salts and other minerals. Only 1% of earth sea and ocean are usable, for that aforementioned fact. Other unicellular organisms needn't water for metabolism or anything at all. In fact, some organisms live without touching water. Some bacteria live in volcanoes and feeds on sulphur and other inorganic minerals - which implies that in other planets, there are some sulphur-based or phosphorus-based organisms living and evolving right now feeding on something that contains no water. So, no, not all Living organisms need water or from water they begin.

We all know how Earth was made, if anyone with a sense in their head, it's not like that.

Total Darkness? Allah knows from where you brought this false idea.

There are many thing that contradicts science in Quran, but some people love to omit them and use the ones which sounds, with a little bit of literal tweaking and twisting of actual meaning, a bit more compatible with science.

Clove asunder... you know, I had to check my dictionary to see what they mean, actually.

But the prophet claims that it was not picked up like that, rather, the word of god. [/quote]Prophet claims many things my dear.

Tell that to Clapp and the English researcher Thomas. - nothing hard.[/quote]

I told to Clapp and Tom that Iram of the pillars is 1) An ancient lost cities like Sodom and Gomorrah that was passed down in lore - that were actually there.

2) That Iram is a descented of a Jewish King.

[quote name='Undead-Cookie' timestamp='1306659171' post='140265']Do clarify the date and who these old philosophers are.[/quote]Aristotle, and whomever came after.

Looking forward to it.[/quote]Will do, my dear, will do.

Encyclopaedia Britannica

Academic American Encyclopaedia[/quote]Oops! I thought you meant 14th millennia, and not century. What was the claim again, and tell me the verse, puweez, thank you.

Thanks.[/quote]Auwezbillah Men Al-Shaitan Al-Rajeem Bismillah Al-Rahaman Al-Raheem

"I have cloven your "universe" expansion argument asunder." Biomega Chapter 27 Page 18

The same logic for the universe cannot be

[/quote]Who created the Matter or the "Intelligent being" in an infinite time=space continuum? But you know how Allah responded, no, you have to be a Muslim to know the answer when you meet him in Judgement day. Nice one Allah.

False, Rab or Illah is the meaning of God in Arabic. Allah, is the name of the God of the Abrahamic religion(since it is used by Arab Jews and Christian)

If a God is a so techno-complex God, then why did he put forth silly things like Prayer and Hajj and banned Alcohol(amazingly, in three steps), and made Homosexuality a sin?

You see, that's why I am a Muslim from outside, it's because I am driven by fear, and not driven by love or mercy. If I denounce my religion, it's off with my head, you see. How can you call this religion of Peace if it dictates murderous and inhumane act backed up by irrational dogmas?

If there is a God(of supernatural kind - which I doubt of their existence), he should Punish or Reward us for our deeds(Karma, in the essence), and not because of how many time I bow to him. It's useless to make Du'a for my Hidaet, because I did the same for other Infidels, but it it didn't work, unfortunately.

I am not dissuading you from your beliefs, because that's the role of the Shaitan, and not mine. Be a devout Muslims, if that's what you are going to be, just don't inject your beliefs or acts of your beliefs into others.

All I am presenting here is the neutral truth, and nothing else.

Allah bless you my Brother.

[quote name='Kaze Araki' timestamp='1306674508' post='140393']

@Biomega

Spoiler does not seems to work currently, you may need to just provide the link for the moment.[/quote]The normal spoiler work, the one with the text seems malfunctioned(this is after the shift).

Assalamu Alaikum.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306698860' post='140813']

So before anyone claims that I don't know anything about Islam and I just wiki to find info, let me reassure you that I do more than, in fact, I have taken Islamic Studies during my period in school and my mentors were certified scholars from the Al-Azhar College(Yes, they were Egyptians).

I have bought several books pertaining Islam, most of them are Sira(Chronicles) of the Prophet Mohammed and Tafsir(Elucidations of the Holy Quran) - Yes, I don't just have a copy of Quran in English, but a whole sets and volumes of tomes in the Arabic language.

This picture is a testimony for that.

[/quote]

Good, because I have got several books in my arsenal as well.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306698860' post='140813']1)False and False. What just our heathen friend -lexus- said, that those verses are heavily fuzzy and vague, and hundred and thousand of interpretation can be conceived from them. [/quote]

Like what?

Anyway,before we proceed, keep this in mind:

God confirms that he is the one who can bless us with the true meaning and understanding of those messages provided in the Quran here:

"The Most Gracious. Teacher of the Quran." 55:1-2

"Then it is We who will explain it." 75:19

“We have made it (the Quran) easy to understand and in your own tongue (language) may you take heed†44:58

Yet, some claim that it is not easy at all to understand, so they believe that this is a contradiction, even some muslims do.

However, it becomes a contradiction because they believe them as so.(God's descision).

Therefore,God confirms:

“Who is more sinful than those who are reminded of their Lord’s revelations, then disregard them, without realizing what they are doing. Consequently, We place shields on their hearts to prevent them from understanding it (the Quran), and deafness in their ears. Thus, no matter what you do to guide them, they can never be guided†18:57

The true Muslims, will choose to believe God’s words rather than the words of any one else who interpreted. True muslims will always accept the straightforward meaning of the Quranic verse and will always show complete trust and respect for God’s words, instead of being duped into a claim made by the interpreter. As so, God makes it easier for these true muslims to understand the true meaning of the Qur'an as a reward.

Unfortunately, as seen in the above verse, for the unbelievers, God has placed shields over their eyes and hearts which will eventually stop them from understanding. And so, they find it hard to understand and they are easily able to accept the interpreters words(even some Muslims who have a week faith), rather than God's,whether they be a professors of the Arabic language or a person with an IQ of 180.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306698860' post='140813']We all know how Earth was made, if anyone with a sense in their head, it's not like that.

There are many thing that contradicts science in Quran, but some people love to omit them and use the ones which sounds, with a little bit of literal tweaking and twisting of actual meaning, a bit more compatible with science.

Clove asunder... you know, I had to check my dictionary to see what they mean, actually.

2) I don't know why Muslims sees a nice translation and turn everything they see into a scientific miracle when it actually isn't. Especially the two verses you have brought.

You see, those who translated the Quran made sure it sounds nice in English, but when we hear it from the actual Arabic verses

"An Al-Samawat Wa-Al-Ard Kanata Ratqa Fafataqnahuma Wa Jalana Men Al-Ma Kul Shai Hai."

Ratqa literal meaning is patched up - Meaning there were boarders in between heaven and Earth - they weren't "the coming together of something and the consequent infusion into a single entity(whatever that means" as you, from no where, suddenly claim. What you have just done is modified a quranic verse so that it can match up a scientific theory.

They(God always refer to himself in plural personal pronouns - many Gods?) removed the borders(fafataqna); the following sentences of the same verse:

"Wa Jalna Men Al-Ma Kul Shai Hai"

says exactly that from the heavens down came the rain, and from it, everything become living. Oh my God... How you... shame shame...[/quote]

I'm not so sure about what you are trying to say but let's go through the original verse(advanced):

Code:
أَوَلَمْ يَرَ الَّذÙينَ ÙƒÙŽÙَرÙوا Ø£ÙŽÙ†ÙŽÙ‘ السَّمَاوَاتÙوَالْأَرْضَكَانَتَارَتْقًا ÙÙŽÙَتَقْنَاهÙمَا-  وَجَعَلْنَا Ù…ÙÙ†ÙŽ الْمَاء٠كÙÙ„ÙŽÙ‘ شَيْء٠حَيÙÙ‘ Û– Ø£ÙŽÙَلَا ÙŠÙؤْمÙÙ†Ùونَ

Translation:

Code:
Have not the disbelievers seen that the Heavens and the Earth [i.e. the Universe], KaanaTaa [were both] Rathqan(Fused), Fa [then], FataqNaa [We Fataq (Parted)] HuMaa [Them Both].

Code:
And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

[b][surah al Anbiya 21:30][/b]

Here is one of the conclusions from the big-bang theory:

The universe had a starting point from which it was expanding and has been expanding from since.
The heavens [samaawaat] and the earth ['ArD] (an arabic expression referring to the Universe).

Code:
Rathqan [ رَتْقًا]
Something which is fused and inseparable. This word was used in classical arabic when a mother is carrying a child during pregnancy (because they are inseparable), and when she is delivering the child.

Code:
Fataqa [ Ùَتَقْ]
They are Parting up i.e. Her body is parting open and also she is parting from her child (in separation from pregnancy).

The heavens and earth used to be fused and inseparable, but then Allah caused them to part and separate. In original form - the universe was united as one entity/matter, and they separated /spread out to become separate (individual type) distinguished entities.

This Expansion of the Universe is supported in the Qur'an when Allah tells us;

Code:
وَالسَّمَاءَبَنَيْنَاهَا بÙأَيْد٠وَإÙنَّالَمÙوسÙعÙونَ

Translation:

Code:
And the Universe, Weconstructed it with Power, and Surely We, Surely are it'sExpander.

[surahal Dhariyat 51:47]

Code:
Wasi'
Means : To Expand/Vasten.

Code:
muWsi'uwn
- from the word Wasi' = to Expand/Vasten. = Expander.

= Surely, We [Royal We - referring to God] are its muWsi'uwn = Expander.

This is further supported in a translation by Dr. Ghali on
Code:
Quran.com
:

Code:
...surely We are indeed extending (it) wide. [al Dhariyat 51:47]

I did not make this up, I did some research on my own and you may credit this Video as well:

[youtube]68c6oztyNJc[/youtube]

Furthermore about the bigbang theory:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/universe/questions_and_ideas/big_bang/

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306698860' post='140813']And of everything We created pairs, that possibly you would be mindful."

I am so mindful that I know there are organisms that does not need a pair(Unisexuals), that needs another pair not of the opposite sex(Hermaphrodites), have but do not need a pair(Parthenogenic). Bee, worms, snails, turkies, unicellular organisms, plants; You see, if you observe carefully, these things needs no "pairs" to propagate. Yes, there are plants that are bisexuals, and actually have both of sexes in ONE species(obviously one pair). But lower plants uses somatic cells to reproduce, simply. They need no pair, but the Quran claims the opposite.[/quote]

You have misinterpreted this verse.Please read the verse once again carefully:

Code:
"And of everything We created pairs"
I fail to see how this verse was talking about males and females(implied by the word everything).

The verse was clearly talking about pairs.

If you had studied Quantum Mechanics (maybe) you would have clearly understood the verse.

Then what are these pairs?

Matter and anti-matter. When these two pairs collide, they annihilate each other and turns in to a flash of pure energy.

We already know that from the scientific POV, when the universe was created, matter and anti-matter emerged equally from the Big Bang.

Therefore, it was all a false accusation from your side. The verse was misinterpreted, it was not talking about reproduction, implied by two words : "Pairs" and "everything".

For more information about antimatter, please visit:

http://livefromcern.web.cern.ch/livefromcern/antimatter/

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306698860' post='140813']In the field of Abiogenesis, non of the models included water as primary source for organisms to exist(may be later, because we are hydrocarbonic organisms). Plant is a new organisms, actually pre-historic, but not beyond that -- plant needed a way to make sugar to grow, that needed water(relied on rain). Water in ocean is not considered a source, because water is heavily saturated with salts and other minerals. Only 1% of earth sea and ocean are usable, for that aforementioned fact. Other unicellular organisms needn't water for metabolism or anything at all. In fact, some organisms live without touching water. Some bacteria live in volcanoes and feeds on sulphur and other inorganic minerals - which implies that in other planets, there are some sulphur-based or phosphorus-based organisms living and evolving right now feeding on something that contains no water. So, no, not all Living organisms need water or from water they begin.[/quote]

First of all, just because something can survive without water, doesn't mean that it wasn't created by water.

For example, if I was created from something which was created from water, then in a sense, I'm still created from water. Moreover, there are huge blocks blocking the validity of this hypothesis.:(ie:harmful substances were also produced in the experiment; Tar and Carboxylic acids).No?

I think it's safe to assume that the hypothesis about abiogenesis is implausible(unfalsifiable as well).

Secondly,abiogenesis is a hypothesis which is incomplete, and I can't even call this a Scientific one.

Thirdly,in Surah Anbiyaa the Quran claims that Every life form was created from water, with the exception of Jinn(as confirmed elsewhere in the Qur'an).

However this is not a contradiction, becuase, we aren't sure whether bacteria qualifies as life or not(THEOLOGICALLY).

Furthermore, it's unclear whether the verse was reffered in a litteral or in a figurative manner.

Therefore, this seems to be a strawman(IMO) from your side.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306698860' post='140813']The one with the 7 layers(actually, floors, not layers) of sky, he was referring to the heaven. Proof of this is when he went to the Isra and Miirage, where he met.[/quote]

My brother, that was not the verse which implied(IMO) about the 7 layers, these are:

Code:
It is He Who created everything on the earth for you and then directed His attention up to heaven and arranged it into seven regular heavens. He has knowledge of all things. (Qur'an, 2:29)

Code:
Then He turned to heaven when it was smoke. In two days He determined them as seven heavens and revealed, in every heaven, its own mandate. (Qur'an, 41:11-12)

Example(mendate):

Code:
"and we made the Samaa (sky) a secure ceiling" 21:32
Indicating a mandate of the atmosphere(logically.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306698860' post='140813']"Then Gabriel ascended with me till we reached the second heaven. Gabriel asked for the gate to be opened. It was asked: 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered: 'Gabriel.' It was asked: 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked: 'Has he been called?' Gabriel answered in the affirmative. Then it was said: 'He is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!' The gate was opened. "When I went over the second heaven, there I saw John (Yahya) and Jesus (Isa), who were cousins of each other. Gabriel said (to me): 'These are John and Jesus; pay them your greetings.' So I greeted them and both of them returned my greetings to me and said, 'You are welcomed, 0 pious brother and pious Prophet.'"

Source

So, it's evident that Prophet Mohammad or Quran, from the above quote as a hard proof(if you are so much reliant on scriptures), that they were not referring to Stratosphere or Exosphere(which is obviously a layer of void i.e nothing)[/quote]

Not so sure where you are getting at, however, this verse is supported(repeated below):

Code:
"Then He turned to heaven when it was smoke. In two days He determined them as seven heavens and revealed, in every heaven, its own mandate." (Qur'an, 41:11-12)

By:

Code:
" Until he reached the rising of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had provided no shield against it (the sun)." 18:90

There are a couple of things which this verse implied, my brother.As we can see,according to the verse, we can infer that if there was no harm to come from, a sheild would be unnescesary. However,for the fact that the word "Sheild" was mentioned in the verse, clearly implied that there is something harmful coming from the sun. Yet a shield was not provided.Maybe it was referring to the holes in the Ozone layer.

Anyway, pleae note that during that time of the revelation of the Quran, the word “space†was not known, as so, the people used the word “heavenâ€(Al Sama) to refer to what lies above the Earth.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306698860' post='140813']First of all, this how the verse goes.

"Wal Samma' Baninaha Baiad Wa Inna Al-Mos'owon"

Let's get one thing clear.

Samma' means two thing: The literal sky, the heaven. And sometimes, in the Ancient times, they were used interchangeably, and in fact, the sky that we see, what beyond that lies the heaven.[/quote]

I believe that there are two variations:

Code:
1- The Plural form :
"Samaawaat" (Skies) - Used to indicate the heavens or the universe as a whole.

Code:
2- The Singular form :
"Sama" (Sky) - Used to indicate the instant sky or the Earth atmosphere.

Below, I will demonstrate a good Example:

EG 1:

Code:
"God created the 'samawat' (heavens) and the earth, truthfully. This provides a sufficient proof for the believers." (Quruan 29:44)

As you are familliar with Arab as well, you will notice the word "samawat" (plural) means heavens or universes.

EG 2:

Code:
2- "He (God) sends down from the 'samaa' (sky) water for your drink, and to grow trees for your benefit." (Quruan 16:10)

In this verse, the word "samaa" (singular) means our instant sky.

[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306698860' post='140813']A QURANIC SCIENTIFIC ERROR

I don't know if you were looking into the following verses, but it's says this:

"And the earth, We have laid it out (as) a bedding, so how excellent are the Smoothers! (i.e., Those who make the earth as a cradle)"

We all know, after taking a nice lesson in geography and geology, EARTH IS NOT FLAT! And so claims the Quran, that Earth is flat.[/quote]

Off beam.

Firstly, note:

Code:
http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/51/48/default.htm

Lets start from here:

Code:
"And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out)." 

[Al-Qur’an 71:19]

However, the above verse is incomplete,the next verse explains this verse:

Code:
"That ye may go about therein, in spacious roads."

[Al-Qur’an 71:20]

Halt, In Surah Taha, a similar/alike message is seen:

Code:
"He Who has made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels)...."[Al-Qur’an 20:53]

Think about it my brother, the deaper layers of the earth are so hot, that it is hostile to any type of life. Therefore, this verse claims that what enabled you to go about therein safely(without any hostility),by roads(and channels) is a carpet.

Hold on! You can still walk on the roads without a carpet right? So according to you, this is a contradiction. Hm? Hm? But, if we have faith in this verse and believe in it, while putting our general knowledge into it, we will understand that this "carpet" reffered in the verse is none other than the crust.

The crust is like a carpet, which enables us to go out therein,by roads.

In our world, carpets are usually spreaded on surfaces where we find it uncomfortable to work on. The Qur’an describes the earth crust as a carpet, without which human beings would not be able to survive due of the hot environment beneath it.

Anyway,you might be wondering why didn't the verse put the word "crust"instead of making it complicated by putting the word "carpet".

The situation is simillar to the previous one(Al Samaa),at that time,the word crust was not known, and the best way to describe it was the word carpet.

Fuzzy or vague(not really,IDK how it is so), that's what the logic behind the Quran is. They are not to be taken out of context.

On the second thought, you probably came to the conclusion that the verse claims that the Earth is flat because carpets can only be spreaded on a flat surface. - No, it can still be spreaded on a sphere as well.(ie, by covering a model of the Earth's globe, covering it with a carpet).

Therefore:

Code:
"And We have spread out the (spacious) earth: how excellently We do spread out!"

[Al-Qur’an 51:48]

Code:
"Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse"

"And the mountains as pegs?"

[Al-Qur’an 78:6-7]
These verses does not indicate that the Earth is flat, rather, it is spaciuse.

Specifically Implide by this verse:

Code:
"O My servants who believe! truly. spacious is My Earth: therefore serve ye Me –(And Me alone)!"

[Al-Qur’an 29:56]

Furthermore, this verse makes it clear that the Qur'an did not claim that the Earth is flat:

Code:
وَالْأَرْضَ بَعْدَ ذَٰلÙÙƒÙŽ دَحَاهَا
Translation:

Code:
And the Earth after that He DAHA it.

Naziat 79:30

Note:

Code:
Dahaدَحَا

This is the general meaning:

Code:
Daha-
Code:
دÙعه Ùˆ رمى به
(dafa'aahu wa ramaa bih) = Caused it to Move, pushed it, Rolled, or Threw it.

i.e.

Code:
دÙØ­Ùورًاۖ ÙˆÙŽÙ„ÙŽÙ‡Ùمْ عَذَابٌ وَاصÙبٌ-
Translation:

Code:
[the Jinn who spy in the heavens are]Repulsed [Dahoowra], and for them is a constant/painful punishment. [Saffat 37:9]

Code:
دحا الصبي المÙدحاةَََ أي دÙع الصبي المÙدحاةَََ
-

Daha [rolled] the boy the rolling toy- meansthe boy pushed the rolling toy.

Code:
دحرجَ (dahraja)
-

To roll, roll along, to roll down.

In Surah Inshiqaq - ayah 84:6 - the word kaDHan كَدح ('advancing towards' your Master) comes from the word Dahaa = to Move towards something.

This word below is a synonym to the word Dahaa:

Code:
Qirasah (Round)

In the hadith of Abi Rafiaa':

Code:
Ùˆ ÙÙŠ حديث أبي راÙع:كنت Ø£Ùلاعب الحسن Ùˆ الحسين,رضوان الله عليهما,بالمداحي,هي احجار أمثال القÙرصة
Translation:

Code:
"I used to play with Al-Hasan and Al-Hussein, may Allah Almighty be pleased with them, with AL-MADAAHI, which means STONES that look like AL-QIRASAH."

So what does Al-Qirasah mean?

According to Lisan Al-Arab dictionary [1], Book 4, Page 516:

Code:
القÙرصة(al-qirasah): قرÙّصي العجين أي سوÙّيهقÙرصة- Cut the dough into small round pieces.
Code:
القÙرصة(al-qirasah): قرص الشمس اي عينها  - The qurs of the sun means the eye of the sun, which is round.

2nd Meaning:

Dahaa = Round and Spherical:

The following statements are phrases which have been used in our Islamic history from many centuries ago:

Code:
إندحَّ بطنه إندحاحاّ اي إتّسع
Translation:

Code:
His tummy became round and bigger.

In Prophet Muhammad's Hadith:

Code:
كان لأسامة بطننٌ Ù…Ùندحٌ اي متسع
Osama had a round and big tummy.

Code:
Ùˆ بطنٌ Ù…Ùنداح٠أي خارخٌ Ù…Ùدوّر
His tummy is mun-daahun means it is OUT THERE AND ROUND Ù…Ùدوّر.

Code:
و رجلٌّ دحدح٠اي قصير غليظ البطن
A man is dahda-hun which means he is short, stocky and has a big and fat tummy.

Code:
الدحداح هو المستدير الململم
The dahdaah is the person who is ROUND and STOCKY.

Code:
الدÙردÙحة من النساء التي طولها Ùˆ عرضها سواء
Al-dir-dihati from the women is the one whose height and width look the same! SHE LOOKS ROUND, and the by the way, the distance between the earth's north and south poles is approximately only 45 miles shorter than the earth's width.

Ustadh (Teacher) Nouman Ali Khan says about this ayah in his Tafseer(35 minutes [Nazi'at part B]);

The word;

Code:
Daha
Code:
Dahwa
The egg of an Ostrich.

Code:
Ud-hiyyah
The place where the ostrich lays its egg.

So some have said that because there is an implication of Daha being something similar (like an ostrich's egg) and Allah has used this word - it is possible that it has this implication in it. And Allah knows best.

[then he begins to explain the other meaning of Daha... (mentioned in point 3)]

In his book, The Qur'ân and the Orientalists, Dr. Muhammad Mohar Ali, former Professor of the History of Islam at the Islamic University of Madinah and Al-Imâm University in Riyadh, provides an extensive and detailed discussion on the Qur'anic view of the earth. Here is a relevant excerpt:

Now, the very first expression in the series, dahâhâ, is noticeably distinctive and different in genre from the rest. Watt, following many other previous translators, renders it as "spread out". But the exact and correct meaning of the term, keeping in view its root, rather provides a very positive Qur'anic evidence in support of the spherical shape of the earth. For dahâ means to "shape like an egg", its noun being dahiyah, which the Arabs still use to mean an egg. [2]

3rd meaning:

Code:
Dahaa:

- Expanse

- Evened

- Balanced

- Equalled.

- Levelled.

Code:
دحا  (daha): دحّÙÙŠ الثّرى بيتاً إذا وسعه
He expandedthe house.

Code:
دحى (daha):  الدÙّحÙحْ(al-duhuh)
Plural of دحى - daha, which means: الارضون الممتدّة expandedearths.

Code:
دحا  (daha): مدحوحاّأي Ù…Ùسوّى - maDhoohaa
Similar in meaning to; muSawwa = evened, balanced, equaled, leveled.

4th meaning:

Dihya = Best, extremely powerful, and exalted.

Code:
دحا  (daha):  الدّواح أي العظيم الشديد العلو  al-dawwah
Something that is great, extremely powerful, and exalted.

Code:
دحا  (daha):  الدÙّحْية هو رئيس الجÙند,Ùˆ به سمÙّي دÙحية الكلبي
Al-dihyais the leader of the soldiers, and from this was namedDihya Al-Kalbay, [who was one of Prophet Muhammad's close Companions.]

Code:
الدÙّحْية هو رئيس القوم Ùˆ سيدهم
Al-dihyaisthe chief of the tribe or the group and the BEST AMONG THEM و سيدهم.

Planet earth is indeed the best planet in our Solar System. It is the only planet that has water, life and Paradise-like Scenic Views.

Definitions of Daha - according to:

Code:
1.  Lisan Al-Arab dictionary [1] , Book 2, Pages 215-218.

2.  Lisan Al-Arab dictionary [1] , Book 8, Pages 236-238.

3.  Al-Muheet dictionary [2], Page 1179.

4.  Al-Muajam Al-Waseet dictionary [3], Pages 272-274.

5.  Al-Mawrid dictionary Arabic-English section [4], Page 537.

6.  Arabic-English dictionary the Hans Wehr dictionary [6], Page 273

Source:

[2] M. FATHÎ 'UTHMAN, "Al-'ard Fî al-Qur'ân al-Karâm", Proceedings of the First Islamic Geographical Conference", Riyadh, 1404/1984, Vol. IV, 127; A. M. SOLIMAN, Scientific Trends in teh Qur'ân, London (Ta-Ha Publications), 1985, p. 16. (M. Mohar Ali, The Qur'ân and the Orientalists, Jam'iyat 'Ihyaa' Minhaaj Al-Sunnah 2004, p.75)

From this we could conclude that the Earth is round,compressed(dahda and dahdaah),balanced,even(mad-hooha ( مدحوحا)),round,spherical(qurs and indahhat, dihdaaha),the Earth is the best amongst it's group(dihya)and the Earth is a moving object that was pushed or thrown by God.

What's even more interesting is, all these conclusions were covered in one word DAHA.

Code:
وَالْأَرْضَ بَعْدَ ذَٰلÙÙƒÙŽ دَحَاهَا
Translation:

Code:
And the Earth after that He made round/balanced/made best/exaltedit.

-Naziat 79:30

There was no choosing game going on there, therefore, this is another, miracle(IMO), doesn't matter whether it's scientific or not, the perfection in the verse was seen.

Therefore, the Earth is Daha:

Prophet claims many things my dear.
Many do.

I told to Clapp and Tom that Iram of the pillars is 1) An ancient lost cities like Sodom and Gomorrah that was passed down in lore - that were actually there.

2) That Iram is a descented of a Jewish King.
But I asked you to tell them that it was so easy. I mean, they wasted their whole life on this(in a sense).

Aristotle, and whomever came after.
Without any tools or anything like that?(sorry for my limited knowledge)

Will do, my dear, will do.
Aye.

Oops! I thought you meant 14th millennia, and not century. What was the claim again, and tell me the verse, puweez, thank you.
Maybe, some other time.

Auwezbillah Men Al-Shaitan Al-Rajeem Bismillah Al-Rahaman Al-Raheem

"I have cloven your "universe" expansion argument asunder." Biomega Chapter 27 Page 18
Wishful thinking.

Who created the Matter or the "Intelligent being" in an infinite time=space continuum? But you know how Allah responded, no, you have to be a Muslim to know the answer when you meet him in Judgement day. Nice one Allah.
Note the word “ifâ€.

Or let me rephrase it:

God is not created, he is timeless. This however logically fits. A universe going back infinitly in time, defies logic especially when considering entropy. A god which is time-less on the other hand (meaning not inside of the dimension of time) does not defy logic.

If I denounce my religion, it's off with my head, you see. How can you call this religion of Peace if it dictates murderous and inhumane act backed up by irrational dogmas?
Where do you reside from my brother? From where I come from, no one really forced me nor was I forced.

Furthermore, more than 50% the people from our country are atheistic, they merely thinks about Allah, yet our country is to be 100% muslims only.

No one can force anyone saying that the Quran said so(IMO).

They can only do so in their own opinion which is demotivated by the Quran.

You will need to fight these "Muslims" using the Quran itself.

There are many verses which demotivate violence in Islam.

For example:

Code:
2:256 :There is no compulsion in religion, for the right way is clearly from the wrong way. Whoever therefore rejects the forces of evil and believes in God, he has taken hold of a support most unfailing, which shall never give way, for God is All Hearing and Knowing.

2:62 :Verily, those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians and whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieveâ€

29:46: Do not argue with the people of the scripture (Jews, Christians, and Muslims) except in the nicest possible manner - unless they transgress - and say, "We believe in what was revealed to us and in what was revealed to you, and our god and your god is one and the same; to Him we are submitters." 

3:84: Say: we believe in God and in what has been revealed to us, and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il: Isaac, Jacob and The Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus and the Prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another, among them, and to God do we bow our will (in Islam)." 

16:125 : You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and debate with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones

49:13 O people, we created you from the same male and female, and rendered you distinct peoples and tribes, that you may recognize one another. The best among you in the sight of GOD is the most righteous. GOD is Omniscient, Cognizant. 

2.190. Fight against those who fight against you in the way of God, but do not transgress, for God does not love transgressors.
These are just a few, my brother.

Also, please take a look at this website:

http://saif_w.tripod.com/questions/violence/concept_of_peace_in_islam.htm

Would you really call a person a muslim who does not follow these verses? - No

True Islam neither comes from the tradition nor the culture, but from the Quran.

False, Rab or Illah is the meaning of God in Arabic. Allah, is the name of the God of the Abrahamic religion(since it is used by Arab Jews and Christian)
We call him Allah because it is one of His unique attributes-as it roughly means only one.(We only know him by his attributes).

You can call Him the Eternal or the Most Beneficent, the Creator etc. Allah Ta'ala tells us that all good names belong to Him. Therefore, we should call Him by something which illustrates one of His unique Attributes, which are found in the scripture.

Verse:

Code:
Say: He is Allah, the One! Allah, the eternally Besought of all! He begetteth not nor was begotten. And there is none comparable unto Him. [112:1-4 - interpretation of the meaning]

If a God is a so techno-complex God, then why did he put forth silly things like

Prayer and Hajj
Good for health physically and mentally, as it is a form of exercise.

Furthermore,you can even pray just with the movement of your eye, that's the latter though, the first one was the recommended one.

banned Alcohol(amazingly, in three steps)
Mind altering substance and bad for your health.

and made Homosexuality a sin?
y'so'homo?

You see, that's why I am a Muslim from outside, it's because I am driven by fear, and not driven by love or mercy.
Then the people are to be blamed, not the religion.

If there is a God(of supernatural kind - which I doubt of their existence), he should Punish or Reward us for our deeds(Karma, in the essence), and not because of how many time I bow to him. It's useless to make Du'a for my Hidaet, because I did the same for other Infidels, but it it didn't work, unfortunately.
What steps did you take during the time when you made these Du'as?

If it did not happen, that means that Allah had planned something better for you instead.

We all have to be patient.

I am not dissuading you from your beliefs, because that's the role of the Shaitan, and not mine. Be a devout Muslims, if that's what you are going to be,
Hm.

just don't inject your beliefs or acts of your beliefs into others.
Please forgive me, that never was my intention, I just stopped by to share the reason why I voted, my intention never was to inject my beliefs into anyones blood nor to joke at someone else's belief.

Anyway,if that’s how it is, I think it's best if we stop now.

Allah bless you my Brother.
Thank you my brother.

May Allah show you the right path.

You see my brother, some muslims may show anger/or refuse when their friends or brothers, convert into another religion , but that’s not because of anything else,but because of the love, we wouldn't want you in hell(at least that’s how it is for me, IDK about these Jihads(I didn't even bother to check what they are about either)).

I only came here just to drop the reason why I believed in Islam, not to convert anyone.

Anyway, I hope that you would have a good life in this world, even more than the muslims.

All the best.

Wassalamu Alaikum.(I had to write this twice BTW, my PC crashed in the midst and I slacked off, but I decided to reply once again).