[Discussion Thread] MSvsMS AG [Game Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
[quote name='Kamil']Why did nobody vote? If everybody just votes a random or if coordinated to everyone vote different, then it's really easy to have a tie... Everybody has 1 vote=tie. If nobody votes, assassin can pick anybody.

And then we can find people with extra votes, give them to the assassin and make it easier to find.[/QUOTE]

I don't think people checked the voting thread original to see the rule about the assassin picking 2 to die, I just noticed it like an hour ago - So that might be the reason for the lack of vote.

Got to give credit to Aker though, not only did he make a rule to make us think about our lynch choices, he made a rule to make sure we didn't just avoid the lynch completely, good carrot & stick strategy there.

I'd like to state for everybody who sees the state of affairs in the voting thread that I am not responsible for the sheep vote despite having cast the first vote against Els.

I think we should just go ahead with the lynch just to see how it works. By day 3 we might narrow down the crutch and find out who the assassin is anyways and it will transfer (hopefully it resets if he dies before day 3)

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
I can't imagine the assassin having too much fire power right now, but by Day 3-ish, its going to be hell.

I'd be more worried about the players killing each other off randomly.

Sanae

Staff member
Randomly attacking/killing seems to be how things go :\

Assassins can only truly die on/after day 3 or something like that right (I may have read it wrong, so don't quote me)? Well, that sounds pretty powerful on it's own x_x

Here's what the Assasin can aparantly do.

It's not permanantly killable until the third day.

It gains the powers of innocent players that are lynched.

If no lynch is made, it gets to pick 2 people to kill off.

If it dies before Day 3, another player will become the assasin, but they lose it's powerups.

FAQ:

Q: Do the groups know their member?

A:Nope. However players start off with a partner(belonging to the same group)Leaders will have a list of which character is in their group

Q:Err my role sheet says this. (XXX only)

A:That means that only that unit can use it

Q:err how do we recover health?

A:there is two ways to recover health. When your mobile suit receives and upgrade or by winning health items. For those whose rolesheet only has weapons upgrade you will also receive health.

Q:How much health do we recover?

A:The difference in HP between your current suit and your upgraded suit. For those with weapons. You will receive 20 hp.

Q:What happens if Assassin dies day one?

A:Somebody will be made assassin. Assassin can only truly die after day 3.
There xD

Um... Have everyone vote for someone different? Like I said, 1 vote for each person is still a tie and has more than 50% of people voting. Much better than giving things to the assassin.

Just got on~

Leeeeets seeeeeeeeee.

Aker stop spamming in your own game?

Why are we lynching an active when we have nothing to go on? When we could lynch an inactve.

And why would you need to catch up on the first day?

Time to read the rules.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
[quote name='Kamil']Um... Have everyone vote for someone different? Like I said, 1 vote for each person is still a tie and has more than 50% of people voting. Much better than giving things to the assassin.[/QUOTE]

Or make it even simpler then that, everyone votes for two people and we make sure the votes are equal.

I got t read everything. I say that we need to think wisely before lynching. Both actives and inactives might have a huge kill-ass ability that will be passed down to the assassin, which we could guess will have more than enough energy to kill people. This is cause I was told that an ability that deals 80 damage consumes 100 energy and we can guess people have more than 80 LP. Hmmm. We must consider.

[quote name='"VivaLaDementia"']

Or make it even simpler then that, everyone votes for two people and we make sure the votes are equal.[/QUOTE]

That's not at all simple. Have you ever tried to really organize that? Plus then you never know who can manipulate votes.

And it's still better than sheeping a random meaningless vote.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
[quote name='Kamil']That's not at all simple. Have you ever tried to really organize that? Plus then you never know who can manipulate votes. [/QUOTE]

And then you just proved that your idea just as pointless if you consider vote manipulation. If everyone votes for another person, everyone is tied at one vote - Someone used a vote manipulation and its just as screwed.

I think its much more likely we tie two players then everyone votes another person so it all ties out. You know as well as I do that one person will not look at the voting thread and just cast the same vote as the one above them. Logically speaking, its easier to tie 2 players rather then a 10+ players.

Besides, unless the assassin has vote manipulation (which would be wayyy too broken for this game), no one should use an ability to manipulate the votes since we are trying to avoid the lynch for killing someone.

[quote name='"VivaLaDementia"']

And then you just proved that your idea just as pointless if you consider vote manipulation. If everyone votes for another person, everyone is tied at one vote - Someone used a vote manipulation and its just as screwed.

I think its much more likely we tie two players then everyone votes another person so it all ties out. You know as well as I do that one person will not look at the voting thread and just cast the same vote as the one above them. Logically speaking, its easier to tie 2 players rather then a 10+ players.

Besides, unless the assassin has vote manipulation (which would be wayyy too broken for this game), no one should use an ability to manipulate the votes since we are trying to avoid the lynch for killing someone.[/QUOTE]

Simple.

Day one: everyone votes different, vote manipulator is revealed.

Day two: lynch vote manipulator, assassin gets vote manipulation.

Day three: everyone votes different, new vote manipulator is revealed as assassin.

Day 4: assassin is known and can now be killed.

I personally don't like making plans which assume people will be idiots regardless of how much those plans are better.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
[quote name='Kamil']Simple.

Day one: everyone votes different, vote manipulator is revealed.

Day two: lynch vote manipulator, assassin gets vote manipulation.

Day three: everyone votes different, new vote manipulator is revealed as assassin.

Day 4: assassin is known and can now be killed.

I personally don't like making plans which assume people will be idiots regardless of how much those plans are better.[/QUOTE]

Your making assumptions here:

A) You assume the vote manipulator has to add votes to the vote they cast publicly. Anytime I use vote manipulation, I let players choice via PM - So its not dead obvious.

B) Your assuming that the assassin will get that ability. Sure vote manipulation is nice, but it doesn't mean that it is the player's best abilities (Which is the one the assassin gets). I would expect the assassin get offensive abilities, since 1 assassin means he/she needs to do a lot of killing.

C) The most obvious of all - We are debating about an ability that may or may not even exist, not to mention trying to figure out the properties are. If it exists, both plans are flawed. So there is no point in even discussing it, since we can not prevent it.

Its called being realistic since it happens in every single AG. If you don't want to consider this in your plans, go ahead, but expect your plan to fail. Also, I did not call them idiots, I said they just sheep the vote above them. New players due it when they are confused and some players don't have enough time to vote properly, doesn't make them idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.