The United States of Amnesia

Core

Fascinating...
Ahh, that is why I love Youtube lessons on economics. Half of them are done by people who dont know shit about it. Bonds ARE NOT claims on a group of people. In case you dont know, organizations large enough to issue bonds are their own juridical entity. Thus, the people working for such a company cant be touched when the company goes down. All you own with a bond is exactly what the Company itself owns, probably the building and the machines. Your bond gets paid of with the money the company makes. If the company were to fail, you get your money back by the auctioning of the companies assets. Employees are protected and cant be touched.

Besides, bonds are essentially loans. You pay money for a bond, the company uses that money to finance itself so it can make more money, and then it uses the extra money to pay of the bond with interest (depending on the type of bond). They do not go own for an indefinite time although some bonds can be very long term.

Yes, the governments issues bonds in order to get money to finance itself. Mostly because they dont get enough income from taxes or because they spend to much. In any case, this does not create scarity nor does it cause the productive output of the Americans to go to foreign financial institutions. At least, not more then what the average American pays in taxes, and only a part of that goes to paying of the interest of these bonds. Productive output of a country and debt are not linked like that, its comparison is only used as an indicator of how much the debt is. And, if the American government were to suddenly cut a lot of spending and increased taxes, so it no longer has a budget deficit, they could pay of all their debt, without anything really happening to the economy.

Really I had to stop halfway through the video due to the sheer amount of bullshit the guy was spouting.

Thats it im done. Please list all your degrees and education choices from the age of 11 to atleast 21. Not the ones youve achieved just the ones youve chosen to pursue.

Core

Fascinating...
Anyone can answer a simple question; who/what issues money?

Currency is created by the Federal Reserve. They create it out of nothing and lend it to the United States. Which in turn creates debt. Currency wouldnt be required if there is no debt therefore... The bonds create the debt the currency has to pay off.

Ellen Brown's "Web of Debt" or "The Creature from Jekyll Island"

Just by having money or a job you are in debt to the federal reserve and in turn a HUUUUGUGEe cartel of banks. No longer congress.. although thats what the american government would have you believe.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
I think Kaze thought it like this :

“What do Presidents John F. Kennedy, James Garfield and Abraham Lincoln, and Congressman Louis McFadden all have in common?
They all believed in the necessity of dismantling what has evolved into what is now known as the Federal Reserve Banking System ("The Fed")
They were unique in that they all had the understanding and power to act on their beliefs, but never got the chance to because they were assassinated before got the chance.
What's the big deal about the Fed? For starters, it's not, contrary to
popular belief, a part of the government. It's privately owned...which means the United States does not control its own money supply. Strange but true.
The Fed was created around the same time that the US adopted such charming practices as taxing the income of working people and conscripting its citizens against their will to fight and die in overseas wars.
Who really rules America? It's not who you think.

It is like the easiest way i could explain it. =/ ;cry;

Core

Fascinating...
I think Kaze thought it like this :

They all believed in the necessity of dismantling what has evolved into what is now known as the Federal Reserve Banking System ("The Fed")
They were unique in that they all had the understanding and power to act on their beliefs, but never got the chance to because they were assassinated before got the chance.
popular belief, a part of the government. It's privately owned...which means the United States does not control its own money supply. Strange but true.
The Fed was created around the same time that the US adopted such charming practices as taxing the income of working people and conscripting its citizens against their will to fight and die in overseas wars.

THANK YOU <3 but lex will just use his very sophisticated answering technique to prove us wrong again.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell

You know, no central bank in Europe is part of the government either. The European Central Bank is not controlled by the EU political bodies either. And why? In order to prevent retarded politicians gaining influence over the money supply. To prevent any idiot from thinking 'Hey, we need more money, lets print some more!' causing hyper inflation. You just dont want politicians owning the Fed or the money supply. Besides, the goals of the Fed are regulated by law.

On top of that, currency is not created out of nothing by the Federal Reserve. What the Feds generally do when they want to increase the money supply is allowing banks to lower the rate of money they need to have in their safes, meaning they can issue more loans. If they want to decrease the money supply, they increase the rate again. Really, this is exactly what any other National bank does all over the world.

Core

Fascinating...
You know, no central bank in Europe is part of the government either. The European Central Bank is not controlled by the EU political bodies either. And why? In order to prevent retarded politicians gaining influence over the money supply. To prevent any idiot from thinking 'Hey, we need more money, lets print some more!' causing hyper inflation. You just dont want politicians owning the Fed or the money supply.
:*119: YAAAY YOU GOT IT RIGHT!

Besides, the goals of the Fed are regulated by law.
:*74: yes... yes of course they are.. (incase the government is listening)

On top of that, currency is not created out of nothing by the Federal Reserve. What the Feds generally do when they want to increase the money supply is allowing banks to lower the rate of money they need to have in their safes, meaning they can issue more loans. If they want to decrease the money supply, they increase the rate again. Really, this is exactly what any other National bank does all over the world.

Lexus: Magnets.

[YOUTUBE]yV18cYozTqM[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV18cYozTqM

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
:*74: yes... yes of course they are.. (incase the government is listening)
Ah yes, I get it. You love conspiracies. Despite the logic and the facts telling you you are wrong, you instead choose to ignore that all because obviously the fed is an all powerful organization that is made purely to turn everyone in slaves...

Well, this discussion ends now. Im not gonna bother trying to convince you that thats not the case, because there is absolutely nothing I can say that you will believe.

Core

Fascinating...
Ah yes, I get it. You love conspiracies. Despite the logic and the facts telling you you are wrong, you instead choose to ignore that all because obviously the fed is an all powerful organization that is made purely to turn everyone in slaves...

Well, this discussion ends now. Im not gonna bother trying to convince you that thats not the case, because there is absolutely nothing I can say that you will believe.
THERE ARE NO LOGIC AND FACTS THAT SAY IM WRONG!
Thats not opinion THATS FACT. Show me proof instead of crediting your econ prof.
You have done nothing to prove your views.
You constantly ask for proof and when I give it you disclaim it on credibility instead of arguing the facts.
This is all that youve done so far: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_intimidation
Your causal oversimplification of things also does not help you.

I wont believe it because you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about x.x

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
THERE ARE NO LOGIC AND FACTS THAT SAY IM WRONG!
Thats not opinion THATS FACT. Show me proof instead of crediting your econ prof.
You have done nothing to prove your views.
You constantly ask for proof and when I give it you disclaim it on credibility instead of arguing the facts.
This is all that youve done so far: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_intimidation
Your causal oversimplification of things also does not help you.

I wont believe it because you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about x.x
I told you that the Fed's operations are bound by law. They can only do and focus on what the law tells them they can do and focus on. You just ignored that. The President elects the people that run the Fed, youre gonna ignore that. There is zero real proof that the Fed is an all powerful evil organization that runs the US from behind the shadow, yet you repeatedly claim it is, only showing me some Youtube video. And yes, of course Im not gonna accept some Youtube video as a fact. I dont know who made the video, he cites no sources, its as unreliable as it gets. Wikipedia provides me with more reliable proof than Youtube.

Core

Fascinating...
I told you that the Fed's operations are bound by law. They can only do and focus on what the law tells them they can do and focus on. You just ignored that. The President elects the people that run the Fed, youre gonna ignore that. There is zero real proof that the Fed is an all powerful evil organization that runs the US from behind the shadow, yet you repeatedly claim it is, only showing me some Youtube video. And yes, of course Im not gonna accept some Youtube video as a fact. I dont know who made the video, he cites no sources, its as unreliable as it gets. Wikipedia provides me with more reliable proof than Youtube.

I never claimed they were secretive or evil. These are all your own conjections on the matter. Yes I ignored your comments that they are bound by law... But the laws in place allow them to operate in such a fashion. IT IS THE BASIS FOR DEBT-BASED CURRENCY. Without it the government would have no money. This is not me talking, this is your econ book screaming at you.

And stop ignoring the fact that most of your arguments are fallible.

Tell me what you constitute as proof.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
You know, no central bank in Europe is part of the government either. The European Central Bank is not controlled by the EU political bodies either. And why? In order to prevent retarded politicians gaining influence over the money supply. To prevent any idiot from thinking 'Hey, we need more money, lets print some more!' causing hyper inflation. You just dont want politicians owning the Fed or the money supply. Besides, the goals of the Fed are regulated by law.

Remember our chat about selling banks? And making em private? What happens after that?
Goals can be changed. You know that better then anyone. You explained that to me once. ;)

And yes. It is exactly what any other National Bank all over the world does. Can't you see the problem in it?

-lexus-

Visions of Hell

Remember our chat about selling banks? And making em private? What happens after that?
Goals can be changed. You know that better then anyone. You explained that to me once. ;)

And yes. It is exactly what any other National Bank all over the world does. Can't you see the problem in it?
Hmm, you gotta remind me. When was that?

Anyways, pretty much every mainstream economist will tell you that privately owned central banks are more effective then when they are controlled by politicians who dont know squat about the economy or its underlying systems. You dont want such a vital institution in the hands of people whos agenda stretches no further then their re election campaign.

Besides, central banks arent a problem anywhere in the world. Not even in America. Yeah, their response to the crisis could have been much better, but they are not the source of the problem.

Core

Fascinating...
Hmm, you gotta remind me. When was that?

Anyways, pretty much every mainstream economist will tell you that privately owned central banks are more effective then when they are controlled by politicians who dont know squat about the economy or its underlying systems. You dont want such a vital institution in the hands of people whos agenda stretches no further then their re election campaign.

Besides, central banks arent a problem anywhere in the world. Not even in America. Yeah, their response to the crisis could have been much better, but they are not the source of the problem.
but but I asked you for an Econ 101 lesson! please gimme one!

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
[MENTION=1543]Core[/MENTION]
I would be dismayed if you are unable to refute Lexus' fairy tales - his economics fantasy is completely out of touch with reality.