Inter arma enim silent leges

[MENTION=45]Kaze Araki[/MENTION] Who do you think is the most influential person in the world (apart from the ruling bodies of a state/country)?

Scorpion

Kiyo's Father
What of the killers then, the child molesters, the rapist? What of the greed of people and the territoriality of people? Your the one who seems to only see the good in people I guess.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Hegel.

[MENTION=1243]Scorpion[/MENTION]
You're missing the point.
A collectivist also used social contract (rule of law) that will punish the offenders, nothing different from our current society in that manner.

Scorpion

Kiyo's Father
[MENTION=45]Kaze Araki[/MENTION]
It would be too many people to rule though, and then even with that some people will want an eye for an eye type of punishment. And what if people disagree with the collective agreement?

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
@Kaze Araki
It would be too many people to rule though, and then even with that some people will want an eye for an eye type of punishment. And what if people disagree with the collective agreement?
Collectivists start with direct democracy on smaller scales (villages, cities etc.) that use a form of Federalism on larger scales (states size collectivists).
Eye for an eye or not, follow the rule of law in that collectivist.
A person that prefer to work alone will be at the disadvantages compared to those who work inside the community.

Oh god I hate that guy.

@Kaze Araki : Can you prove Fermat's last theory?
No, but I bet Sawa Chan can.

In the light of the indoctrination used with the warrior-citizens of Sparta and the great feats they were able to achieve, do you think the indoctrination of ideals into a populace is a viable means for the creation of a better society?

Do you think it is possible to simultaneously indoctrinate and have an open society. . . or a free society?

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
I agree that in can work on a small scale just not a big one.
The Syndicalist experiment in Spain was at State level, involving both cities and villages, urban and rural areas.

@Kaze Araki : For the US 2012 federal election, who do you think will win? Who do you want to win?
1. Republican Party, because they have two candidates; Barack Obama and whoever that wins the Republican Primary.
2. Dennis Kucinich

In the light of the indoctrination used with the warrior-citizens of Sparta and the great feats they were able to achieve, do you think the indoctrination of ideals into a populace is a viable means for the creation of a better society?
No.

Do you think it is possible to simultaneously indoctrinate and have an open society. . . or a free society?
No.

Question 1: If adversity is required for man to overcome his innate laziness, how can we build an ideal society without becoming lazy from the fruit of efforts?

Question 2: You strike me as a man who values his own privacy. Do you regret making this thread?

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Question 1: If adversity is required for man to overcome his innate laziness, how can we build an ideal society without becoming lazy from the fruit of efforts?
Overcoming innate laziness is not what an ideal society should strife for, it is not even an issue.

Question 2: You strike me as a man who values his own privacy. Do you regret making this thread?
No, I can always made up answers.

What is the Dirtiest sounding word you know that is not really a dirty word at all?
Cock?

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Wouldn't that result, inevitably, in poverty?
You need shake off the mentality of a slave inbuilt within our current society.

Of course no.
Rich people are lazying all the time, yet they does not taste hunger.

I'll give you the opportunity to ponder; what cause poverty?

You need shake off the mentality of a slave inbuilt within our current society.

Of course no.
Rich people are lazying all the time, yet they does not taste hunger.

I'll give you the opportunity to ponder; what cause poverty?
True, but their wealth can only be created by the toils of others. And there are many who are not born in the financial aristocracy who must labor to survive. So in a society where toiling is essential is more productive, which inherently creates more wealth.

Still. . . this is an intriguing concept. I enjoy challenging any of my implicit assumptions.

I'd say that poverty is caused by a lacking of something that is a basic necessity.

Be it food, shelter, medical care, entertainment, etc.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
I'd say that poverty is caused by a lacking of something that is a basic necessity.
Correct, or more aptly; scarcity of basic needs caused poverty.
On a collective level, society must strife for all these basic needs to be available abundantly via technological progress.
On an individual level, the lack of profit motive resulted from the above will allow us to manifest the best of our own potentials for the betterment of society.

Correct, or more aptly; scarcity of basic needs caused poverty.
On a collective level, society must strife for all these basic needs to be available abundantly via technological progress.
On an individual level, the lack of profit motive resulted from the above will allow us to manifest the best of our own potentials for the betterment of society.
So you'd argue that we could replace the profit motive with collectivism, provide all of our basic needs and use collectivism to build TVs, and computers as well?

If we lost the profit motive, would it be possible for us to continue mass production (short of autocracy)? Would we really be able to build a computer for every citizen?

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
So you'd argue that we could replace the profit motive with collectivism, provide all of our basic needs and use collectivism to build TVs, and computers as well?

If we lost the profit motive, would it be possible for us to continue mass production (short of autocracy)? Would we really be able to build a computer for every citizen?
As a political philosopher, my first and immediate thought is for eradicating poverty, not for you to play games or watch American Idol.

Secondary needs should be adjusted with environmental sustainability.
Every years million cubic of electronic wastage are sent to the third world countries for disposal just so that zombie consumers in the West can satisfy their [artificially made] craving for so called "new technologies".