GFXer's Corner

Rascal

cnc plz ....

question: whats the best way to get the "bright in the middle, dark on the edges" light effect x.x ?

also... how can u write text as negatives or as lights...instead of writing in a color like:

writing in lights:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7274/449507.jpg (i got that off zerochan)

or if i want the text to be the negative of whatever is directly behind it... or lighter than whatever is directly behind it instead of one steady color

[quote name='Kiyo']

cnc plz ....

question: whats the best way to get the "bright in the middle, dark on the edges" light effect x.x ?

also... how can u write text as negatives or as lights...instead of writing in a color like:

writing in lights:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7274/449507.jpg (i got that off zerochan)

or if i want the text to be the negative of whatever is directly behind it... or lighter than whatever is directly behind it instead of one steady color[/QUOTE]

The set is simplistic and nice. I like it! ;hello;

However, I feel that the text on the right imbalanced the sig, though it may just be me.

Bright in the middle, dark on the edges? I'd suggest going to Filter>Render>Lighting Effects and changing the light type to "Omni". From there, you can tweak it however you want. Unless that's what you did, then I don't know of any other way.

The effect on that zerochan pic is probably Outer Glow. Here's how you do it:

Firstly, type out your text. On the layers box on the right, double click the text layer. A box called "Layer Style" should open. On the left, press Outer Glow. Then, change the settings according to your preferences and you're done.

For text which is of an inverse colour, you can try changing the blending option of the text layer to "difference" and see how it works out.

For text which is lighter than the background colour, first change your font colour to white, then lower the opacity of the text layer.

I hope it helped!

Bố

Hm.............Aker........since the original image is kind of dark, shouldn't you put some light around him so we can see him clearly?

and the text is fine, it's not as important as the focal point.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Just a really failed byproduct of trying to make a good use of c4d's:

I should have used splatter brushes and clipping masks instead >.>

Bố

[quote name='Graham Aker']hmmm ok..i could try that

like this?

[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's better now, though move the guy a little bit to the right...........since he's still kind of in a dark corner.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Emeralda']Just a really failed byproduct of trying to make a good use of c4d's:

I should have used splatter brushes and clipping masks instead >.>[/QUOTE]

hmm it looks ok actually :D

[quote name='Vandalle']Yup, it's better now, though move the guy a little bit to the right...........since he's still kind of in a dark corner.[/QUOTE]

>.> you saw the original right? the left side is cut

Bố

oh...........joy............alright then..............though it's kind of dark.........

and also, why don't you try different color other than black and white and red?

^talking about your overall works, not only this one.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
You should try to pick a better stock next time, the pure black one makes it hard for you to work with unless you make it into a render >__<"

You did a pretty solid job with it, but I think you should try to re-work the text. The idea you had behind it is good, but it takes up so much space on the opposite side of the tag, it draws a lot away from your focal.

The effects on the focal point are decent, but overall pretty plain. You should try tutorials or getting help from Emmie (I hear she is doing an msn thingy somewhere) to learn about using different effects on the focal, it will really help the overall tag out. The lack of color is a huge downer as well >__<"

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='VivaLaDementia']You should try to pick a better stock next time, the pure black one makes it hard for you to work with unless you make it into a render >__<"

You did a pretty solid job with it, but I think you should try to re-work the text. The idea you had behind it is good, but it takes up so much space on the opposite side of the tag, it draws a lot away from your focal.

The effects on the focal point are decent, but overall pretty plain. You should try tutorials or getting help from Emmie (I hear she is doing an msn thingy somewhere) to learn about using different effects on the focal, it will really help the overall tag out. The lack of color is a huge downer as well >__<"[/QUOTE]

haha i just really like the pose...thats why i chose that pic.

hmm the right side is too empty...maybe i should size it down abit.....

[quote name='Vandalle']oh...........joy............alright then..............though it's kind of dark.........

and also, why don't you try different color other than black and white and red?

^talking about your overall works, not only this one.[/QUOTE]

haha..i think maybe because i always find pics that are badass-like and the colors that seem to fit them is Black and white. XD

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
[quote name='Graham Aker']>.> you saw the original right? the left side is cut[/quote]

Use a soft eraser or cover it with distortion effects, like displace for example. Oh, and more sharpen on the render and guassian blurr on the background.

Rascal

ok then... this was my first try at coloring... i did each of the colors on a different layer, then flattened it and added the red color overlay and a border, and "beveled" the hair a little cuz i couldnt figure out how to manually shade it at all, oh and resized to 50%

godofwar7

manually shading is what coloring is all about, you need to learn how to do it instead of just relying on bevel. not just for the hair either, but where ever shadows and light may be. its pretty hard concept to understand at first, but glancing through some tuts and watching some vids on cel shading(the actual term) will help alot, but ultimately it will take practice.

you did a good job of base coloring though.

isnt that miki sayaka? her hair supposed to be blue D=

Rascal

[quote name='godofwar7']manually shading is what coloring is all about, you need to learn how to do it instead of just relying on bevel. not just for the hair either, but where ever shadows and light may be. its pretty hard concept to understand at first, but glancing through some tuts and watching some vids on cel shading(the actual term) will help alot, but ultimately it will take practice.

you did a good job of base coloring though.

isnt that miki sayaka? her hair supposed to be blue D=[/QUOTE]

oh yeh... i meant to add that I dont know this character.... gomen so I colored her in a random way XD

I'll try and do some shading

EDIT:

some more for cnc: .__.

and question: if i want to frame the signature, but parts of it are transparent, how can i do it? ... i tried stroke, but it automatically wraped around the non visible parts

[quote name='Kiyo']o

some more for cnc: .__.

and question: if i want to frame the signature, but parts of it are transparent, how can i do it? ... i tried stroke, but it automatically wraped around the non visible parts[/QUOTE]

Pantsu! ;hello;;hello;;hello;;hello;;hello;

If you want to frame a signature with transparent parts, first use your select tool and select the entire signature, then use stroke. It creates a border along the ends of your selection.

[quote name='Graham Aker']following suggestions

this was what i came out with

[/QUOTE]

I prefer the first one. In the second one, his hair and face seems a bit too bluish.