GFXer's Corner

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Hadriel']Pantsu! ;hello;;hello;;hello;;hello;;hello;

If you want to frame a signature with transparent parts, first use your select tool and select the entire signature, then use stroke. It creates a border along the ends of your selection.

I prefer the first one. In the second one, his hair and face seems a bit too bluish.[/QUOTE]

in that case :D

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
How is it that people always recognize my entries?

[quote name='Graham Aker']but. wheres the easter egg? they are blurred to the point that one cant recognize them at 1st glance..[/quote]

The thing in the centre were two eggs, green and brownish, and clipping masks were used to make them look as if they were in mirrors. But then I distorted it too much and failed with depth >.<

PS. Ugh, I think I'll skip voting this time >.>

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Emeralda']How is it that people always recognize my entries?

The thing in the centre were two eggs, green and brownish, and clipping masks were used to make them look as if they were in mirrors. But then I distorted it too much and failed with depth >.<

PS. Ugh, I think I'll skip voting this time >.>[/QUOTE]

your sig and mine is simple.

your sig will be small and blurry(in a definitely emmie-like way)while mine would be obvious as i usually do a sig based on my current craze.

XD

Rascal

i feel im becoming a perv....

but:

heres the orignal:

and I used this picture as a screen:

the screen didnt turn out as nice as i wanted... I'm not sure how to edit it very well... it sorta stands out more than i imagined it ...

Rawr! More pantsu!

The sig is a bit iffy. There's no central focal, so I can't tell where I should be looking at first glance: Her undershirt or her pantsu :)love:)

Effects-wise, there's nothing much to comment on, since you kept it safe and simple.

Rascal

[quote name='Hadriel']Rawr! More pantsu!

The sig is a bit iffy. There's no central focal, so I can't tell where I should be looking at first glance: Her undershirt or her pantsu :)love:)

Effects-wise, there's nothing much to comment on, since you kept it safe and simple.

[/QUOTE]

well i'll try and experiment more with effects then... i guess i should step out of my comfort zone even if i fail

like so? :

and a darker version:

and the stock picture:

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Its a decent start, but there are some quick room for improvements, like those star-plant things, brighten them up. They look very fake/unfitting when they are this dark. The text isn't bad and I think it will look better once the star-plant thing is brightened, but you might want to consider getting it closer to the focal.

If your going to do a border, make it solid so that we notice it. I barely saw that red strip because of how low opacity it was on.

These are minor adjustments, but I think they will work out a lot better for you~

[quote name='Kiyo']well i'll try and experiment more with effects then... i guess i should step out of my comfort zone even if i fail

like so? :

and a darker version:

and the stock picture:

[/QUOTE]

Wow. Tell me where I can get that effect brush. Right now.

It looks fine, but you could make the brush effects a bit darker, since it clashes with his face.

Herp derp, Viva.

Rascal

[quote name='Hadriel']Wow. Tell me where I can get that effect brush. Right now.

It looks fine, but you could make the brush effects a bit darker, since it clashes with his face.

Herp derp, Viva.

[/QUOTE]

Hadriel: lol i didnt use any brushes in this one, I did it on accident when i was messing with the layer settings... i just googled "blue flower" got a picture, put it as a layer on top nd hit "extract" instead of "normal" nd for the text i put "divide" lol.... oh nd then i had to erase it off of his face... cuz it left brown marks (like on the neck) all over his face

in hindsight... i wonder if i could have jus erased his hair and put the flower right under it

viva: ok, thanks for the advice, I never really know what to do with my text ... i tend to stick it off to the side in a corner or something

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Get rid of the repetitive "Give" text - It just doesn't work here like that and is very distracting. Besides that I'd say try to make the colors a bit more of a "pop" to them so they stand out more, but besides that its pretty solid.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Kiyo']er i tried something new ... not sure how well it worked... tell me?

stock:

[SPOILERA]
[/SPOILERA][/QUOTE]

Text spam....it was something i did when i was emo 2 months back

Rascal

... still distracting?

without it

idk what you mean by making the colors pop....how would i do that?

aker: lol u lost me... >.> huh?

@Kiyo without the "give give give" text looks better i think. also, why not try moving the "gift of friendship" text in the "without-givegivegive" version? :)

To make colours pop... play with the colour balance, saturation, and maps ^___^ *hugs* and give u cookies* x)

CnC my rendering skills please~?

The original's here

----------- and the tag.. if anyone's super bored... ^^;;

thanks... x>

Rascal

>___< please pretty please with cherries on top tell me how u did the sparkle lights... nd im not so good at cnc... but on ur render the only thing that stuck out to me is the lower left corner, the left edge of the red cloth... see it? that part i think could be fixed

also how did u do the "extra" butterflies? and how did u do the squares in the background >.> thanks

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
I'm too tired(it means lazy in your language) too give a wholesome CnC so:

@Kiyo: Looks blurry. Sharpen it to about 20-30. The main text, move it to the right. The right needs more love. Removed the overlay borders. Try adding a little feel by filling a new layer with orange and set to overlay adjust opacity to 20 or 30.

@geaf: I'm not gonna lie to you or anything but to be honest. It's pretty. Though try balancing the colors of the left and right a bit more. Try overlaying the left side a bit to balance it from the right side. It's pretty. ^^

The render? Could use some work. You cut off some of the black lines that the lines of render looks inconsistent. ^^

BTW, can I have a link of the flower stocks you used for this tag?

@Maria:

I didnt know what u meant my "Overlaying" but... i tried to overlay a bit of lighter colour to make it balance the right side... :)

i hope its what u meant... and thank you so much.... uhhh now that i see the render i see so many places i left the black lines...

Sure... the link is here x)

@Kiyo

wow... x) lets see... the sparkling lights are an image of stars set on "colour dodge" most of these can be put on colour dodge to create the sparkling effect.

The butterflies are the butterfly u see in the render. the one on the left side, i cropped it and free transformed it. rotating it and changing its size. x)

the squares in the background are these

set on "linear burn"

hope that helps kiyo x) there are other ways to create the effects tho x) u can create sparkles using brushes too

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
[quote name='Hadriel']Oh yes, just to clarify: The entries are based on the entrant's interpretation of the theme. Please don't vote/not vote for an entry just because it's not black and white.[/quote]

Sorry, but I'm the voter, and I won't be asking the creators why their interpretation of black and white is grey. When someone votes, they also consider their own interpretation of the theme, just like it was with the depth theme, where there were two visions of depth.

[quote name='Emeralda']

Sorry, but I'm the voter, and I won't be asking the creators why their interpretation of black and white is grey. When someone votes, they also consider their own interpretation of the theme, just like it was with the depth theme, where there were two visions of depth.
[/QUOTE]

Nyeeeh, I wasn't targeting you. I was just clarifying, in case some people didn't realize.