General Emmie would enjoy a good massage

I don't think bastard is an insult. It's just the negative connotation that our society has made it to be.
Just like how I don't think slut is an insult.

And the arguement on MF isn't whether slut is a derogatory term or not, but rather is the severity of the term much worse than other derogatory terms such as stupid, idiot, dumbass and jackass. The only argument on why slut is more of a derogatory term than stupid is because of it's sexual orientation, which is kinda of irrelevant on the internet. As well, I'd say commenting on intelligence is far worse than commenting on sexuality.

Oh wow, I just checked MF's General Discussion thread in the AG section and they are still about whether the word "slut" can be used freely or not. Cucumber season. Well, Razy got a warning for calling me a slut for the second time so yeah. Only I can call myself a slut.

Thats not the argument, I'm arguing whether or not slut is as bad as a word as it's regarded, compared to other derogatory terms.

Also check my post Emmie, I put trololo to indicate it was a joke. Don't take it as anything personal, I didn't really mean it.

Well, I was careful to not step in, since I didn't know what's going on with all the name calling on Lulu on MF. But yeah, don't abuse it. I find it quite... vulgar, especially when I translate it.

@Bloodrazor

Well said mate. Just to piggyback on what you said a few posts back. It is also very relative to the bystander's listening to take offence or the person's intelligence or maturity level that is intentionally directed at.

Society as a whole has deemed certain words to be bad or over the centuries have gotten a bad connotation because of circumstances.

It's limiting in most ways and as a whole we just accept it to be true. Pity really.

Ok, so let's take me as an example. Someone calls me a slut. I feel offended. Should I just stay quiet and smile because others think it's not bad? Or because it wasn't once bad but is now? Vulgar words directed at someone do offend the person it was directed at. And when the happens, the person who used the word did wrong, no matter what others say. Because it's no more about using the word, but using it to offend others.

@Emmie, there was intent and its almost using it as a weapon. So if you did get offended then it would behove you to say something indicating that it did.

I have known some people even when called that just laughed it off. Actually it was gay, slut, ass hole and a tonne of other things.

It really depends if the person gets offended or its just empty words really.

Anyone can make a law but it does not become a law unless the majority follows it.:D Or you get thrown in jail, either way, the majority has to follow.