Die with honor or surrender to slavery?

to die or not to die?

• For my Believes!!(death)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Live to fight another battle(surrender)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Human are selfish bastard, Aker. The people who is full of 'truth, justice and honor' can be counted by your finger. Then again, its better to be the normal human then to be a traitor.

[quote name='Chido.']Human are selfish bastard, Aker. The people who is full of 'truth, justice and honor' can be counted by your finger. Then again, its better to be the normal human then to be a traitor.[/QUOTE]

they are not entirely selfish...xD;;

[quote name='Miki Sayaka']they are not entirely selfish...xD;;[/QUOTE]

Tell me Kaguya, if you need to choose between your games consoles with the life of someone you really hate, what are you gonna do ?

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Chido.']Tell me Kaguya, if you need to choose between your games consoles with the life of someone you really hate, what are you gonna do ?[/QUOTE]

i will kill the guy i hate anyway. so yeah gamu

[quote name='Chido.']Tell me Kaguya, if you need to choose between your games consoles with the life of someone you really hate, what are you gonna do ?[/QUOTE]

i will choose the life someone i really hate.

because no matter how much i hate somebody, my game consoles dont amount to a life.

my game consoles can be bought again...but a life cannot be brought back once gone.

besides......he/she may appreciate me saving his/her life and i wont regret it.

bcoz if he/she died...ppl i dont hate will feel sad of his/her passing.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
I'd say there are other parts to be considered, such as are others relaying on you in this battle? If your a commander or higher ranked, your decision will effect everyone under you. In this situation, I wouldn't heist to surrender (This is assuming that we are clearly outnumbered and we know there is no chance to win, and I don't me the bs "we think there is no chance", I mean you really know you will all be slaughtered by the enemy).

As, I think Avan said, There is no honor in death. You get a shiny medal at best, congrats. War is about victory or survival, survival only if victory is not possible. Slavery means opportunity for revenge, revolution, or even just the ability to live for the future. Its much better then being slain on the battlefield and forgotten in the pages of history.

Not trying to say being a soldier is meaningless or anything like that, but every human has their fight or flight instinct for a reason.

[quote name='Miki Sayaka']i will choose the life someone i really hate.

because no matter how much i hate somebody, my game consoles dont amount to a life.

my game consoles can be bought again...but a life cannot be brought back once gone.

besides......he/she may appreciate me saving his/her life and i wont regret it.

bcoz if he/she died...ppl i dont hate will feel sad of his/her passing.[/QUOTE]

Other than the bolded part, its all true. Guess I use the wrong trade.

Then again, come out and see the world / people for yourself. You'll see what I mean soon enough.

[quote name='Chido.']Other than the bolded part, its all true. Guess I use the wrong trade.

Then again, come out and see the world / people for yourself. You'll see what I mean soon enough.[/QUOTE]

i already know such people in highschool....

and its not the trouble-makers...but the smart kids that i dislike there...

i noe some who are very selfish one way or another.

by the way... arent we straying from the topic? xD

Dying with honor (suicidal) = Idiots, every death counts to ones side losing, not to mention whats the meaning of honor if you die.

Those who surrender(retreat) gain experience which they can use to turn the tides of battle next time. not to mention you can steal a dead persons honor.

I vouch for surrender

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
[quote name='leoblack9']Ah yes, individualism. You can blame the modern world's way of thinking for that :>[/QUOTE]

I'd like for you to explain that.

Getting back to the topic, it's easy to die in a war. The hard part is living. There are too many dimensions to this issue that we've not addressed. Is this really a matter of pride or perception? Suppose I'm a soldier and we're fighting a losing battle. If I have a family to support and becoming the enemy's slave can help me do that, or at least protect them then I'll do what I need to do for my family. If I'm alone, by myself, and there is no one in my life but myself then I'll fight and fight through slavery until I find something worth a bit more than empty pride.

Here is a question: is being the enemy's slave any worse than being the slave of an ally?

Think about the state of the world today and then answer my question.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='ZERO PHOENIX']I'd like for you to explain that.

Getting back to the topic, it's easy to die in a war. The hard part is living. There are too many dimensions to this issue that we've not addressed. Is this really a matter of pride or perception? Suppose I'm a soldier and we're fighting a losing battle. If I have a family to support and becoming the enemy's slave can help me do that, or at least protect them then I'll do what I need to do for my family. If I'm alone, by myself, and there is no one in my life but myself then I'll fight and fight through slavery until I find something worth a bit more than empty pride.

Here is a question: is being the enemy's slave any worse than being the slave of an ally?

Think about the state of the world today and then answer my question.[/QUOTE]

Heres the thing. If we lose the war my family would suffer. As such i rather much fight to the end and abandon my family all together rather then seeing them suffer.

Yes I am selfish but thats the way i am.

Also being slave to ally or enemy is the same. However the + side to being ally slave is that at least you get treated better

[quote name='ZERO PHOENIX']I'd like for you to explain that.

Think about the state of the world today and then answer my question.[/QUOTE]

Individualism is largely based on context. So I've mentioned western societies since usa and australia and a number of european union nations possess this kind of philosophy. What I meant about that line is that nobody would rather die for something called honor as it is not in their self interest to be "honorable" nowadays. Everybody just wants to fulfill their self-interests.

Better to be an enemy's slave. At least you'll know they're being earnest in their plans when they take something like a resources and don't have to disguise it as a mutual development (ehem resource stealing) program.

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
0 Returns

[quote name='Graham Aker']Heres the thing. If we lose the war my family would suffer. As such i rather much fight to the end and abandon my family all together rather then seeing them suffer.

Yes I am selfish but thats the way i am.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem with you being the way you are Mr. Bushido. My issue is your logic. Come and take a walk with me.

[YOUTUBE]NuZQxyeAbFM[/YOUTUBE]

So you say you are a selfish person yes? If that is the case, within this situation, why did you take up arms to fight in the first place? If you are a selfish person then the very object that is your family should never have been introduced in this equation. Your only purpose for setting foot on the battle would be for the praise of your own ego. Not only that but you say this on page one:

[quote name='Graham Aker']its ok even if i die nameless. at least i did my bit for my land[/QUOTE]

What is that about? You say on the one hand that even if you die nameless you did a bit for your land. Land could be land, your country, your family, whatever it is it means that you're fighting for someone or something other than yourself. Yet you later say that you're selfish. That does not compute.

[quote name='Graham Aker']Also being slave to ally or enemy is the same. However the + side to being ally slave is that at least you get treated better[/QUOTE]

Really? I guess you should speak to a few U.S. veterans. I'm pretty sure most of them would disagree with you. Veterans in the U.S. tend to come back to a country that cares little of them if the country hasn't forgotten about them altogether. There are few programs to assist veterans is getting back to a normal life, little in the way of medical health, mental or emotional counseling, nothing in the way of jobs, and while there are opportunities to pursue higher education there are no jobs or careers waiting for them. Almost makes you wonder if some people wish they had been killed in the war and never did make it back home. Of course I have a nasty cynical streak so I digress.

[quote name='leoblack9']Individualism is largely based on context. So I've mentioned western societies since usa and australia and a number of european union nations possess this kind of philosophy. What I meant about that line is that nobody would rather die for something called honor as it is not in their self interest to be "honorable" nowadays. Everybody just wants to fulfill their self-interests.[/QUOTE]

And dying for honor "isn't" fulfilling one's self-interest? People die for stupid reasons all the time and call it honor. Often times a person who dies in the name of honor does so not because there is honor to be had but so their death can be remembered. Most people claiming to die with honor just want to be praised. Honor and vanity aren't the same.

[quote name='leoblack9']Better to be an enemy's slave. At least you'll know they're being earnest in their plans when they take something like a resources and don't have to disguise it as a mutual development (ehem resource stealing) program.[/QUOTE]

Despite my huge ego I would probably live as the enemies slave depending on the living conditions. For example, if the life I lived before the war in question was hell then I'd roll the dice and chance it living under the enemy. Bear in mind that my reasons for doing so are different from yours however.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='ZERO PHOENIX']I don't have a problem with you being the way you are Mr. Bushido. My issue is your logic. Come and take a walk with me.

[YOUTUBE]NuZQxyeAbFM[/YOUTUBE]

So you say you are a selfish person yes? If that is the case, within this situation, why did you take up arms to fight in the first place? If you are a selfish person then the very object that is your family should never have been introduced in this equation. Your only purpose for setting foot on the battle would be for the praise of your own ego. Not only that but you say this on page one:

What is that about? You say on the one hand that even if you die nameless you did a bit for your land. Land could be land, your country, your family, whatever it is it means that you're fighting for someone or something other than yourself. Yet you later say that you're selfish. That does not compute.

Really? I guess you should speak to a few U.S. veterans. I'm pretty sure most of them would disagree with you. Veterans in the U.S. tend to come back to a country that cares little of them if the country hasn't forgotten about them altogether. There are few programs to assist veterans is getting back to a normal life, little in the way of medical health, mental or emotional counseling, nothing in the way of jobs, and while there are opportunities to pursue higher education there are no jobs or careers waiting for them. Almost makes you wonder if some people wish they had been killed in the war and never did make it back home. Of course I have a nasty cynical streak so I digress.

And dying for honor "isn't" fulfilling one's self-interest? People die for stupid reasons all the time and call it honor. Often times a person who dies in the name of honor does so not because there is honor to be had but so their death can be remembered. Most people claiming to die with honor just want to be praised. Honor and vanity aren't the same.

Despite my huge ego I would probably live as the enemies slave depending on the living conditions. For example, if the life I lived before the war in question was hell then I'd roll the dice and chance it living under the enemy. Bear in mind that my reasons for doing so are different from yours however.[/QUOTE]

I am Selfish towards my family. But not to myself.If I lose the battle I would fight to the end choosing to abandon my family all together.

"Land" Meaning my Homeland.

I would fight for my land and to protect my family. But if I lose and know that they will suffer. I rather die and not see it.

@US thingy. "scared" that must suck

Voltorn

Enjoying life
Oh gosh, this reminds me of Bastion for some reasons.

[quote name='Graham Aker']

"Land" Meaning my Homeland.

I would fight for my land and to protect my family. But if I lose and know that they will suffer. I rather die and not see it.[/QUOTE]

I think They would suffer more to lose a family member. ._.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Voltorn']Oh gosh, this reminds me of Bastion for some reasons.

I think They would suffer more to lose a family member. ._.[/QUOTE]

That...will be none of my concern after Im dead.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
[quote name='Graham Aker']

personally...i cant imagine myself submitting to the enemies and working for them.

[/QUOTE]

Somehow I doubt you can imagine yourself actually fighting in a war where defeat means total submission...

Also, screw honor, Im better off without it. Fight to win, and use every possible advantage you have to win, instead of being honorable and giving the other party a fair chance to beat you.

Anyways, it depends for me. If loosing meant I was sent to some Nazi like death camp where my chances of survival and even my status as a human being are almost non existent, Id rather blow myself up or commit suicide or whatever then be taken alive. If loosing just means I have a dented pride, but I can still do whatever I want, meh, I wouldnt care. I doubt that in such a case I would even be participating in any war.