WOTF Feedback & Suggestions

Manga Wolf

Lazy and who cares
Hi Sanae, Darky and Hadriel been taking about this new format to me and basically i'm here to say bluntly what they feel about what your doing about this
You may think I have no right to say this, as i'm not a mod and you probably don't even know me and vise-versa however its not just darky and hade who have issues with you to say the least

Issues
1) Your ignoring them even though they're the two soul mods and completely reject the idea
-they're the soul mods and both reject it, whats the point in having a team of experience mods and ignoring their advice, the new format you've suggested sounds bad and more of a hassle
its also rather annoying when someone ignores your opinion and expect you to accept theirs

2) Your making them feel as though you look down on them
-they don't like you treating them as though they can't do anything

3) Your not letting them do their jobs
-you might agure its you job to make sure they do they're job however its counter productive if you becoming a nuisance to them

This is based on the things i've been told and like I have mentioned its not just them two but others
you can either ignore this or take their perspective into account , optionally you might just get angry and want to take it out on me to which I wouldn't really care

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
Say what Sanae, you just don't consider our opinions and you keep yours by yourself. What's the point of asking on our opinions when you never actually thought over about them?

Even though you're an admin, you've been interfering our Soul section too much. If you want to handle our section so much, then alright, I quit. And you can abuse your goddamn power whenever and however you like.

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
You may think I have no right to say this, as i'm not a mod and you probably don't even know me and vise-versa however its not just darky and hade who have issues with you to say the least

the new format you've suggested sounds bad and more of a hassle
Actually I, a non staff member, suggested it and wether it's a hassle or not is just your opinion. It would seem at least half of the community so far believes my method is easier.
its also rather annoying when someone ignores your opinion and expect you to accept theirs

they don't like you treating them as though they can't do anything
Kind of like how Sanae is being treated right? Just because she's an admin doesn't mean she's not aloud to have opinions as well. She's been brought to this point of frustration because all her ideas get ignored or dismissed without any real thought.
Even though you're an admin, you've been interfering our Soul section too much. If you want to handle our section so much, then alright, I quit. And you can abuse your goddamn power whenever and however you like.
One: no need for the hostility and two: people want change. At least some people do. If Sanae agrees with this change and the mods of the section aren't doing anything about it she has every right as a person and as an admin to step in. She seems to me like a real admin for the members. I believe a forum should be ran the way the members like. Other wise you'll have no forum. If a majority cannot be reached then something everyone can agree on should be suggested.

Actually I, a non staff member, suggested it and wether it's a hassle or not is just your opinion. It would seem at least half of the community so far believes my method is easier.

Kind of like how Sanae is being treated right? Just because she's an admin doesn't mean she's not aloud to have opinions as well. She's been brought to this point of frustration because all her ideas get ignored or dismissed without any real thought.

One: no need for the hostility and two: people want change. At least some people do. If Sanae agrees with this change and the mods of the section aren't doing anything about it she has every right as a person and as an admin to step in. She seems to me like a real admin for the members. I believe a forum should be ran the way the members like. Other wise you'll have no forum. If a majority cannot be reached then something everyone can agree on should be suggested.
Well personally I'm not against testing the system, but Sanae has been known to make a lot of decisions without informing the relevant parties first and asking for their opinions. She's also been known to disregard any opinions that aren't hers. It's not so much about whether we approve of the system or not, but rather it's about how she's been so invasive in making changes here, and the Soul Mods don't like that because they want to be able to do their own jobs without Sanae intervening every time she can. The point is that: Yes, the Soul Mods can try out this system, but no, they don't want Sanae do do it for them.

roselillya

Bleep Bloop
Staff member
Peronally I like Loli's and Nayuki's Idea....

Well personally I'm not against testing the system, but Sanae has been known to make a lot of decisions without informing the relevant parties first and asking for their opinions. She's also been known to disregard any opinions that aren't hers. It's not so much about whether we approve of the system or not, but rather it's about how she's been so invasive in making changes here, and the Soul Mods don't like that because they want to be able to do their own jobs without Sanae intervening every time she can. The point is that: Yes, the Soul Mods can try out this system, but no, they don't want Sanae do do it for them.
So your not accepting the idea because you don't like one person? have you ever discussed this with her before? She is also above a normal mod in power shes a form admin so she has more power and has too look out for a lot more that just a normal mod who has one section to deal with.

anyways I like the idea ^_^

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
Seems to me she needed to take advantage of her powers seeing as nothing is being done about it. I new here though so what do I know right? However I have been friends with Nayuki (Sanae) about four years and she's not one to force ideas. At the same time though she's an admin for a reason and she's doing her job as she sees fit. I understand the mods want to run the section their own way but she's still a higher up. I am in no way saying this just because I support her, but rather because I believe she doing things the right way. That's just my opinion though. Anyone may feel free to disagree.

Peronally I like Loli's and Nayuki's Idea....

So your not accepting the idea because you don't like one person? have you ever discussed this with her before? She is also above a normal mod in power shes a form admin so she has more power and has too look out for a lot more that just a normal mod who has one section to deal with.

anyways I like the idea ^_^
No, it's not that I'm not accepting the idea. I'm open to it, but I want its testing and implementation to be carried out by the moderators of this section (who are highly capable), not an admin. If an admin does it, then what's the point of moderators being here?

[MENTION=2980]Blackgold[/MENTION]

Manga Wolf

Lazy and who cares
Could just present the idea to the membere and let them decide
Or test it and ask for the members to vote

But i think it the nee fornat wasn't the main issue darky and hade have

Sanae

Staff member
Hi Sanae, Darky and Hadriel been taking about this new format to me and basically i'm here to say bluntly what they feel about what your doing about this
Issues
1) Your ignoring them even though they're the two soul mods and completely reject the idea
-they're the soul mods and both reject it, whats the point in having a team of experience mods and ignoring their advice, the new format you've suggested sounds bad and more of a hassle
Ah, just as my ideas have been ignored in the past, right (y)

Ah yes, being ignored.. I know how that feels (y)

I have pitched up a couple ideas in staff section to all (including Haddy and Darky), but they have been brushed off/ignored, so yes, I know how that feels ^^

Ah, experienced, eh? Who is to say they're the only ones ^__~? Yes, they may be the Soul Mods, but they should really listen to the suggestions of others.. I'm sorry, but I really DO NOT like hearing someone say they won't participate in something, because they don't like the way it's being held ^__^

2) Your making them feel as though you look down on them
-they don't like you treating them as though they can't do anything
And this is from me just saying I would run this since I know exactly what Blackgold means?

3) Your not letting them do their jobs
-you might agure its you job to make sure they do they're job however its counter productive if you becoming a nuisance to them
To be frank, I wouldn't have to push so much if they did their jobs.

The WOTF competition was at a standstill for a bit when it should have been picked up by the other Soul Mod. SOTW (excluding the mix up with Collaboration) at one point was at a standstill.. When the other Soul Mod should have picked it up as well. The point of having more then one Soul Mod is so that they can have each other's back, but where was the other Soul Mod?

Like I said before, this type of idea was pitched up to them. The reason why it was never tired,"It might confuse members.".. I'm sorry for thinking this way,but I think our members are smart enough to catch on (y)

Like was said before, this is a trial. If people end up really not liking it, it can go back to how it was (y)

This is based on the things i've been told and like I have mentioned its not just them two but others
you can either ignore this or take their perspective into account , optionally you might just get angry and want to take it out on me to which I wouldn't really care
Ah, well, I can't really get mad at you for what you were told now can't I :p?

Say what Sanae, you just don't consider our opinions and you keep yours by yourself. What's the point of asking on our opinions when you never actually thought over about them?
Hmm, there goes the not considering your opinions.. What was said when I pitched up an idea to you two? Did you guys consider it? What was the reply to it?

One of the above.

The idea of having multiple staffers in a section is so that the mods have someone to have their back.. You guys really didn't do that, did you? If so, then I wouldn't have needed to interfere in the first place (y)

May I ask what's wrong if I lead this JUST ONCE? That's all that was asked. After that, you may have the section back ^^ Is that too much to ask here?

Sanae said:
May I ask what's wrong if I lead this JUST ONCE? That's all that was asked. After that, you may have the section back ^^ Is that too much to ask here?
There's nothing wrong, but let us Soul Mods do it, not you. You want us to do our duties, right? So stand down and let us do it. Or are you that desperate to seize power?

And let me clarify: at NO POINT in time have any of us ignored your suggestions and opinions without valid reason. We have addressed all of them. Rejecting your opinion with good reason is NOT ignoring it.

And also, there was never a standstill for SOTW, because it was intended for the collab SOTW to last a fortnight. As for WOTF, the standstill was because I was trying to arrange with Rina and Shadowolf on how to continue it. Do NOT accuse us of not doing our jobs. We have been doing them, and the only reason why our efficiency is compromised is because of your interference.

tl;dr Let the Soul Mods handle the Soul Sanctuary.

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
You didn't listen to Nayuki's point. She wants to run the contest once to show you how it's done. She's more familiar with the type of contest I had suggested than anyone else here. I don't understand the problem in letting this be done. You're acting like she's trying to take over the section when she's not.

Blackgold said:
You didn't listen to Nayuki's point. She wants to run the contest once to show you how it's done. She's more familiar with the type of contest I had suggested than anyone else here. I don't understand the problem in letting this be done. You're acting like she's trying to take over the section when she's not.
She is? Then she could have told me instead of saying "Oh, we'll try it out ^__^". Well, apologies for that, but Sanae's had a history of intervening a lot everywhere, so it does seem like she wants to exercise her power everywhere she goes. And I'm not alone in thinking this.

If she wants to test it out, then please ask her to PM me and darky and tell us exactly what the new format is (every detail, like what threads are to be opened and what they are for, and the order of events). Also get her to open a thread explaining exactly what the new format is to the other members so they don't get confused.

And yes, one more thing, Sanae tends to do a slipshod job of everything she intervenes in, so make sure she doesn't screw up like all the previous times, okay?

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
You all may feel this way about her because you ether don't let her explain herself well enough or don't offer aid. That's just what I think. From my experiences of being a staff member along side her on another forum she performs just fine. Then again on that forum people don't put each other down in a simple feedback and suggestion thread. I understand she may have made some mistakes in the past, but she's only human. I highly doubt she's as troublesome as you claim, but that's besides the point. This is just me judging her off of how long I've known her and our personal relationship. If you're that worried I can help her do it. Then afterwards if the majority of people like the way it was done contests can continue that way (being hosted by the respectable soul mods of course). If not then we go back to the old ways. Perhaps though there can be some agreement in between? I have a few ideas, but those will probably be highly disliked as well. I don't mean to cause such problems. Just figured change would be a good thing in this case.

Blackgold said:
You all may feel this way about her because you ether don't let her explain herself well enough or don't offer aid. That's just what I think. From my experiences of being a staff member along side her on another forum she performs just fine. Then again on that forum people don't put each other down in a simple feedback and suggestion thread. I understand she may have made some mistakes in the past, but she's only human. I highly doubt she's as troublesome as you claim, but that's besides the point. This is just me judging her off of how long I've known her and our personal relationship. If you're that worried I can help her do it. Then afterwards if the majority of people like the way it was done contests can continue that way (being hosted by the respectable soul mods of course). If not then we go back to the old ways. Perhaps though there can be some agreement in between? I have a few ideas, but those will probably be highly disliked as well. I don't mean to cause such problems. Just figured change would be a good thing in this case.
Well, I am open to change. If you could team up with Sanae to test this out, then it's fine. But just do tell us the details, because it's good for the rest of the mods to be in the know.

And now I'm thinking that the problem stems from how Sanae isn't clear in expressing herself, which causes her to seem power-hungry. I mean, instead of saying like "Imma take yer stuff over and test!" she could have said like "I know the system Blackgold's suggesting, and if you like I could test it out."

Makes all the difference, doesn't it?

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member
I'm glad to see your calm and collect about it, and yes I do believe that could very well be the problem. I'm pretty sure Nayuki knows well how to do this type of contest but I'll make sure she's doing it right if that's what you mean.

Blackgold said:
I'm glad to see your calm and collect about it, and yes I do believe that could very well be the problem. I'm pretty sure Nayuki knows well how to do this type of contest but I'll make sure she's doing it right if that's what you mean.
Well, I'll consult darky on it, but I can forsee a few problems, mostly because the entries are sent to darky, so only she has the power to open anything related to voting. One way to fix this would be to let you two handle 2 successive SOTWs, one to get control of the whole entry flow and one to implement the new format.

Oh yes, I cannot emphasize enough the need for clarity. Please do explain to the SOTW regulars what the changes are, and how they should go about entering/voting/etc.

Blackgold said:
Should there be some sort of announcement thread? Like I had said I'm fairly new here so I don't know everyone.
Yes, definitely, but hold on for a bit. I need to discuss with darky and franken.

Sanae

Staff member
SOTW (excluding the mix up with Collaboration) at one point was at a standstill..
As said here, I didn't mean the Collab one :p I was told by another admin that there was a standstill and they kept having to ask you to take it over/finish it up.

As for not running it by you.. You're on hiatus.. I took that as not bugging you about staff stuff (although, I've been keeping you on details too).. Not asking you about every sing move I make.. I've learned what happens when I do :p

And, wasn't having this discussion here, a pointer that's that what was going to be done :p? So ALL (not just staff) can discuss it as well (y)
Well, since you're back (?), when would you like for this to happen? We can even make it Freestyle, and then when all is done and people decide, you guys can pick back up on the usual trend of themes ^^ I'm good with either, so it doesn't matter to me ^^