Western Boxing = the ultimate form of fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

♣Kaname Madoka♣

well Jujitsu is more for Defeating Armed oppeants who also wear armor...

Jiujitsu is Brazillan and what the mixed martial artist use

meh why discount Grappling its a legit fighting style as well....

and Crom answer... what does a Boxer do when in a Joint lock from an Akido master or

on the ground and being forced into submission by a Jiujitsu master

how do they counter...

heres an article

Click

as you see Akido, and Judo span from this art as did Jiujitsu (I knew Akido and Judo did but not Jiujitsu)

in this you provke your oppanent to attack and you use their own force against them

which is basically Akido although in Akido you throw more often then Joint Lock...

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
@Rah: That's awesome xD

Anyway, its actually depends on the person itself.

While Boxing may beat people with simple martial art training,

They can't actually beat someone with LOTS of martial art training.

For example, you may beat the karate kids at your area because they learn Karate Western-style, which I believe doesn't enforce strictness in it.

While at my place, I can already protect myself from an assault because I learned Karate through pure strictness and pain.

And lots and tiring exercises.

So, if we do compete against each other, things might be different.

You might beat me because I'm kinda fragile but I may knocked you out with techniques that will put you down.

Its depend on the person.

[quote name='godofwar7']That's probably it then, though it seems to deal more with grappling and crom seems to have discounted grappling already[/QUOTE]

well Jujitsu is more for Defeating Armed oppeants who also wear armor...

Jiujitsu is Brazillan and what the mixed martial artist use

meh why discount Grappling its a legit fighting style as well....

and Crom answer... what does a Boxer do when in a Joint lock from an Akido master or

on the ground and being forced into submission by a Jiujitsu master

how do they counter...

heres an article

Click

as you see Akido, and Judo span from this art as did Jiujitsu (I knew Akido and Judo did but not Jiujitsu)

in this you provke your oppanent to attack and you use their own force against them

which is basically Akido although in Akido you throw more often then Joint Lock...

Judo typically, and most of the moves in it are because of the clothes they were. Most of the grapples are based off that, the Gi's have a functional purpose also. And if they get grabbed, they get grabbed and have to deal with it any way any other person would. But it wouldent even get to that point, which is what GW7 is saying.

And what GW7 is saying by saying its discounted is that before the person gets a chance to even grapple it wouldent even happen. Because as I explained before in the post previously, you can just dive in there and grab someone. Unless you bother start off on the ground in a fight (lol), the grappler is going to have to try to get close. And boxers have strategy to keep someone away, or to lure them into coming forward and taking them out. For instance, theres the fient and step back, which is where you throw some bullshit punch you know isnt gonna hit anyone or do damage, then you step back with your weight on the back foot, at that point the person will think "He threw a punch he missed, now is my time to get them" and when you take a step back it looks like youre on the defensive and expecting to get hit, which gives them the cue that they can go on the offensive to get you. At that point theyll be stepping in, and with your weight on the back foot you take them out with a straight right. Not only that, but just the way boxing is and the stance and common movements are more than enough to keep someone away. Like I said before, the legs aid in movement, since boxing has the most balanced stance and weight on both legs, you can move in all directions quickly. Not noly that but there are also styles of boxing. In out boxing, the weight is shifted slightly more to the back leg, that way you can back step quickly, then when they come forward to hit you you can nail them with the quicker punches (Jabs and Straights). This technique along with headbutting (which is obviously illegal) is what infuriated boxing legend Mike Tyson into biting Holyfields ear which resulted in him turning into a joke despite his extreme talent in the sport. Every time Mike stepped in to get close he'd get nailed by jabs constantly, then once he was finally close enough to use his in-fighting punches (in fighting is the exact opposite of out boxing, where you use the punches with less range, but theyre way stronger than the straight punches and are almost impossible to block) Holyfield would just step back and throw more quick punches or just headbutt him (which is very painful). So using that technique you can keep a grappler away, and since they dont know about the technique boxers use to fight, they wont see it coming and itll end quick. Also when theyre going in, that kanetic energy of them going forward and the boxer's punches going forward, will result in much much more pain on the receiving end. Think of it like a car crash. And if the boxer uses a punch with more weight shift in it (straight right, uppercut, anything thats not a jab) itll be even worse. And if the grappler does happen to make his way in boxers know how to grab someone in a way that they cant use their arms, which means they can do anything. And uppercuts and Hooks are thrown the way they are because 1) they are meant for going around the guards so you can block them (usually you have to duck) 2) so that theyre thrown closley (reason you dont even see someone throwing hooks and uppers from far away) 3) So that they hurt much more and transfer all your weight. So getting close only results in even stronger punches.

And getting close to grapples isnt safe, because in order to get them they have to have their hands free to grab, and at that point its in front of them and not up. Boxers hands are always up to protect the face, chest, and stomach. In fighters have the most prominent guard of all and are the hardest punchers whos punches work best at close range.

[quote name='Wolfnagi']@Rah: That's awesome xD

Anyway, its actually depends on the person itself.

While Boxing may beat people with simple martial art training,

They can't actually beat someone with LOTS of martial art training.

For example, you may beat the karate kids at your area because they learn Karate Western-style, which I believe doesn't enforce strictness in it.

While at my place, I can already protect myself from an assault because I learned Karate through pure strictness and pain.

And lots and tiring exercises.

So, if we do compete against each other, things might be different.

You might beat me because I'm kinda fragile but I may knocked you out with techniques that will put you down.

Its depend on the person.[/QUOTE]

Sure a person who does it better will be obviously a tougher opponent. But thats as far as it goes. A top tier martial artist vs a top tier boxer is still the same argument I'm making. Like I said, the openings in the stance of nearly all martial arts are hilariously open.

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Seriously,

Martial artist are trained to be hit.

If they have an opening, yes, they got flurry of punches but that doesn't means they would fall down.

Lets pit Mike Tyson with Bruce Lee for example,

Who do you think would win.

Obviously its Bruce Lee, since he has more experience and tactics!

♣Kaname Madoka♣

well.. Traditonally Jujitsu (what Judo is based on) was used to defeat people wearing armor because punching armor is well.. pointless...

so yea >_<

I really won't try to argue until I see an actual fight between some Famous Boxer and a Master of Akido/etc xD....

[quote name='Wolfnagi']Seriously,

Martial artist are trained to be hit.

If they have an opening, yes, they got flurry of punches but that doesn't means they would fall down.

Lets pit Mike Tyson with Bruce Lee for example,

Who do you think would win.

Obviously its Bruce Lee, since he has more experience and tactics![/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats what you think. You think Mike Tyson doesnt have any tactics, then you obviously never watched a Mike Tyson fight. 2 completely people completely different weights. If you knew how that works you wouldent have even wrote that. And yeah, getting hit isnt a big deal or anything to be proud of. In a combat sport obviously youre gonna have to learn to take a punch. If you knew anything of the mechanics of stance then you'd know they'd fall down instantly due to how unbalanced they are, not so much the force.

Read my posts before you decide to write something again.

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
I read your post.

All you were pretty much saying is that "Boxing is cool, bla, bla, bla"

Well, wanna know what.

Boxing is not that cool nor ultimate form of fighting!

There are reason on why there are no such thing as perfect form of fighting.

Everyone has their own techniques to fight,

So, in order to become perfect, we need to learn all these martial arts and techniques to fight.

And even then, it still are not perfect.

I'm not arguing which technique is the ultimate,

I'm just arguing that the fact you are saying boxing is the ultimate, which is wrong.

How bout a spar, between us two if you really want!!!!

[quote name='Wolfnagi']I read your post.

Well, wanna know what.

So, in order to become perfect, we need to learn all these martial arts and techniques to fight.

I'm just arguing that the fact you are saying boxing is the ultimate, which is wrong.

How bout a spar, between us two if you really want!!!![/QUOTE]

Wha...? You clearly didnt read it.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
[quote name='Wolfnagi']I read your post.

Well, wanna know what.

How bout a spar, between us two if you really want!!!![/QUOTE]

Lol, are you crazy?

You'll wipe the sun of a beach arse for sure.

Boxing is not for real fight but it is a good supplementary for any martial artists.

I mean come on, Boxing isn't even a martial art - it's a sport, lol.

godofwar7

What exactly is "western" boxing? compared to what other boxing?

Manny Pacquiao is currently the best boxer of this generation isn't he?

[quote name='godofwar7']What exactly is "western" boxing? compared to what other boxing?

Manny Pacquiao is currently the best boxer of this generation isn't he?[/QUOTE]

Western boxing is just simple and pure boxing. Usually refereed to as that as to be clear of what it is, since it was the west who really popularized the sport (along with British). Manny is one of the greatest, but May weather still has yet to be defeated.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
there is no strongest martial arts in the world..

Even bruce lee who wanted to make the most complete perfect martial arts in the world could not achieve that. Jut kune do is made up of so many types of martial style both western/eastern and it still isnt complete.

So what matters is this. It all depends on the user....the martial arts is one thing. The user is another

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
[quote name='Graham Aker']there is no strongest martial arts in the world..

Even bruce lee who wanted to make the most complete perfect martial arts in the world could not achieve that. Jut kune do is made up of so many types of martial style both western/eastern and it still isnt complete.

So what matters is this. It all depends on the user....the martial arts is one thing. The user is another[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm trying to tell!!!!

all those arts and sports are awesome in any shape or form. i'd just have to look deeper into the history.

unless some wrestler grabs any of them, unable to make a strike and down by a chokehold. and not just any mma or wwe stuff, but in general, grabbing any limb from you. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.