Western Boxing = the ultimate form of fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead, post something so I can show you youre wrong.

Btw, I box and go to an actual boxing gym for 2 hours 5 days a week. I understand most karate kids are people who watch videos at home and never had any real training or kids who go to their little karate classes and train but dont actually have conditioned and trained bodys or lungs.

And I know that for a fact because 1) I was one of those kids long ago who watched videos but didnt realize what I was doing was way wrong when I went to a real gym and 2) I've been in the ring with 4 karate goons in simple 3 round gloved fights, and most of them didnt even last that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPQlNhGMlGQ

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
1.There is a flaw logic to boxing being the best form of fighting.

2.Karate against boxing with boxing gloves isnt exactly something you should be proud of...

3.elaboration. Boxing although is quite an effective form of fighting. Is certainly not the best. There are many things that flaw boxing. i will just pick a few. since im not really a martial artist and dont really know martial arts that well.

Boxing is a sport. Also boxing is mostly filled with rules. which means one learn boxing playing by the rules. It is not very applicable to street brawls. Sure it still is a good form fight style to use. But note this. Boxing does not really have techniques besides the use of hands.

Can you imagine if you meet an expert judo master who pins you down on the ground? its gonna be hard to get out of that. What about weapons. If you meet a skilled weapon master your Boxing may not even save you. Some other martial arts do.

In terms of fighting it is of course very strong. Since its in the arena where there are rules.

But if its street brawls. There are just too many factors affecting it to be "ultimate form of fighting"

[quote name='Graham Aker']1.There is a flaw logic to boxing being the best form of fighting.

2.Karate against boxing with boxing gloves isnt exactly something you should be proud of...

3.elaboration. Boxing although is quite an effective form of fighting. Is certainly not the best. There are many things that flaw boxing. i will just pick a few. since im not really a martial artist and dont really know martial arts that well.

Boxing is a sport. Also boxing is mostly filled with rules. which means one learn boxing playing by the rules. It is not very applicable to street brawls. Sure it still is a good form fight style to use. But note this. Boxing does not really have techniques besides the use of hands.

Can you imagine if you meet an expert judo master who pins you down on the ground? its gonna be hard to get out of that. What about weapons. If you meet a skilled weapon master your Boxing may not even save you. Some other martial arts do.

In terms of fighting it is of course very strong. Since its in the arena where there are rules.

But if its street brawls. There are just too many factors affecting it to be "ultimate form of fighting"[/QUOTE]

Those were MMA gloves btw, the small ones. They wish it was boxing gloves.

And that hilarious " boxing has rules" logic never fails to amaze me. As if I'm gonna be in a fight and be like "omg I cant do that its against the rules". And the rules get broken alll the time in boxing. Its just how many times you do it that gets you in trouble.

And its actually more effective in fights, especially if youre an Out-boxer. Itll end quick. For a goon who likes to wrestle and grab, GOOD luck trying to get close without getting punched in the face. Good luck with that one. As if it wont be extremely obviously and as if throwing your entire body at someone is quicker than moving your hands. Plus they wouldent even be able to grab on, since in boxing the legs are actually extremely important. The legs are what make your punches hurt more, and is the key to almost everything. Like I said out-boxing which is usually stepping back and side stepping while fighting is easily the best for street fights because people are stupid and will try to come at you wild or try to wrestle you. And you cant wrestle someone without coming close to them or reaching for them.

Bringing weapons to a fist fight is some coward and pussy thing, so that arguement is invalid. Im talking about a real fight. This isnt anime where people pull out swords and fight others who arent armed.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Crom']Those were MMA gloves btw, the small ones. They wish it was boxing gloves.

And that hilarious " boxing has rules" logic never fails to amaze me. As if I'm gonna be in a fight and be like "omg I cant do that its against the rules". And the rules get broken alll the time in boxing. Its just how many times you do it that gets you in trouble.

And its actually more effective in fights, especially if youre an Out-boxer. Itll end quick. For a goon who likes to wrestle and grab, GOOD luck trying to get close without getting punched in the face. Good luck with that one. As if it wont be extremely obviously and as if throwing your entire body at someone is quicker than moving your hands. Plus they wouldent even be able to grab on, since in boxing the legs are actually extremely important. The legs are what make your punches hurt more, and is the key to almost everything. Like I said out-boxing which is usually stepping back and side stepping while fighting is easily the best for street fights because people are stupid and will try to come at you wild or try to wrestle you. And you cant wrestle someone without coming close to them or reaching for them.

Bringing weapons to a fist fight is some coward and pussy thing, so that arguement is invalid. Im talking about a real fight. This isnt anime where people pull out swords and fight others who arent armed.[/QUOTE]

Boxing sport has rules. Which means people tend to be trained playing by the rules. EG no hitting this or that part. So when in an outside brawl the Boxer tend to forget about those things cause they are accustom to the rules they train by. Im not saying you will box by the rules in a street brawl.

Theres so many styles of martial arts that can counter boxing.

But i will just focus on Judo. Boxing may be powerful but when all you can do is box it is very easy for judo masters to pin you down. Really your box may be swift and strong it doesnt mean they dont have techniques to counter that. Oh and theres one martial arts style i know that is has a very effective grapple for boxers. You know Bruce lee right? He developed a sort of grapple just to counter boxers. I donno if its inside his "jute kune do" but that is a grapple that can effectively stop a boxer's fist.

Bringing weapons to a fist fight is some coward and pussy thing, so that arguement is invalid. Im talking about a real fight. This isnt anime where people pull out swords and fight others who arent armed

There are many types of fights. If its a street brawl do you really think anyone gives a dam if your armed or not?

and what about people who practices weapons martial arts? Your gonna call them a pussy?

Lastly. Theres a saying a weapon is merely an extension of yourself. So i dont think its being pussy but rather a form of fighting to.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
I don't think even Mike Tyson stand a chance against one of these guys. These people use a combination of inner and outer strength.

Xin Yi Liu He Quan

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Hmmmmm,

I wonder.

The one that you saying taking Karate class is actually the western version.

Here, in the Far East (or South-East for me), out Karate class is actually very similar to Japanese style (which means, strict discipline and everything.)

Because of that, I don't think Western Boxing the ultimate form of fighting.

After all, Boxers usually punch their opponent to a KO and usually punch fast but at my place, with all those rules and regulation and strict sensei.

I am able to block punches easily, even with my weak body!

To make it better, we are currently learning submissive move,

So I bet that I might be able to defeat you on a match.

Plus, true boxer vs Black-Belt Karate 5th Dan = 5th Dan block all the boxer's attack and take him down xD

There's also Kung Fu, Taekwondo, etc.......

♣Kaname Madoka♣

..... Muay Thai..... can you beat it?

[youtube]EDjE4BywrE4[/youtube]

little known fact about japan... we like making forginers fight each other for our own pleasure xDDD

/totallynotlikerome... xD

My favorite Style - Wushu... its not practical... but its fun and Beautiful.. and like anything if you know what you're doing you can beat anyone

<----- studied Wushu for many years

[YOUTUBE]QVDPoyVuZZg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]oBLL3s8tUU4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Dm_pnPnG1_k[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vR5iBoWWuio[/YOUTUBE]

^poor kendoka.... xD

..... Muay Thai..... can you beat it?

[youtube]EDjE4BywrE4[/youtube]

little known fact about japan... we like making forginers fight each other for our own pleasure xDDD

/totallynotlikerome... xD

My favorite Style - Wushu... its not practical... but its fun and Beautiful.. and like anything if you know what you're doing you can beat anyone

<----- studied Wushu for many years

[YOUTUBE]QVDPoyVuZZg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]oBLL3s8tUU4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Dm_pnPnG1_k[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vR5iBoWWuio[/YOUTUBE]

^poor kendoka.... xD

The first video is hilarious, because the dude sucks. And yes Muauy Thai, can be beast. That stuff , like nearly all fighting styles, takes things from boxing. Thats why its called kick-boxing. And even in MMA where those fighters usually have shitty boxing skills you can frequently spot people using that and everything else getting lumped by boxers. Lets use a more realistic example here

[youtube]rNxaNAm_fWQ[/youtube]

♣Kaname Madoka♣

but Muay Thai is older... Siam won its indepence with it a lone prince using Muay Thai (which isn't even considered a marital Art) defeated an entire chinese Army.... either in the 1000 ad's or... something bc.. I forget...

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Xin Yi Liu He Quan is less known compared to its more famous counterpart, Ba Ji Quan - the latter due to the unmatchable prowess of Lee Shu Wen. Originally practised exclusively by the Hui people, it is now started to become more widespread and inclusive. Regardless though, it is not so easy to find a practitioner of this mortally dangerous and extremely brutal Kung Fu outside of mainland China.

[youtube]b03GTXoxX5Y[/youtube]

♣Kaname Madoka♣

maybe if Alexander the Great didn't die... we'd known how Greece vs Siam would've went xDDD

poor Alexander

<---- him and Agustus are 2 of my favorite european leaders...

♣Kaname Madoka♣

To be honest I learned long ago... not to argue with forginers online they don't listen or even try to realize what you're saying... when they think they're right it doesn't matter what you say they'll never change their opinion so its best just to appease them with things you know that match with what they support

like here

Boxing ----> Muay Thai

etc like that...

but in all reality I don't see a boxer ever beating a Monk who has spent all their life learning to be calm and tranquil... if for nothing else for the sole fact that the westren boxer will get agry and rage etc.. while the monk will remain calm and clear...

and you said that about swords? you obvisously not seen the people who practice Kendo... they do carry their Shinai... and sometimes protect themselves there with if their attacked... >_>

so yea... but like I said... its pointless to argue even if you're right because you can never pursade someone otherwise when they're so set in their opinion....

edit: Watch teh video.... watch his self control... if it was reversed... the westrener would've just kept punching and punching punching he woudln't have stoped because well westrens only learn HELL YEA LETS KICK ASS.... and not the sancity of life or self control...

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Truth to be told, Boxing is a sport not a combat technique.

More than often, special forces in many countries are trained in one form of martial arts or another - boxing is just supplementary.

Boxing relies heavily on muscle only, while martial arts emphasize on both muscle and chi (internal energy).

Xin Yi Liue He Quan and Ba Ji Quan are very different from Taichi Quan or Shaolin martial arts - they are short ranged with blows that are designed to kill the opponent as fast as possible. Indeed, people like Lee Shu Wen most of the time kill their opponents just with a single blow.

[youtube]WyRSzUbPBpM[/youtube]

♣Kaname Madoka♣

I thought Quan would use Quin/Fajing....

it'd make sense since its sooo devastating

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Devastating but short ranged.

Each Kung Fu style has some kind of weakness.

Normally, practitioners combined one style with another to compliment each other weaknesses.

Taichi is excellent in shifting the opponent's energy against themselves.

♣Kaname Madoka♣

Yea I knew Taichi.. I had a friend from China a transfer and she knew it... but its not quite like Akido though..

[quote name='Kyouko']Cool story bro.

[youtube]xImHy5BtUqU[/youtube][/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah using things from MOVIES, of all places to try to bring an argument from. Thats FAKE and the people in movies dont even fight realistically, and their form is practically not there. They fight to be DRAMATIC, so really, that was quite possibly the stupidest thing in this entire thread. Not like you'd be able to see that, you and everyone else in here has never boxed, fought a boxer, or fought another martial artist.

To be honest I learned long ago... not to argue with forginers online they don't listen or even try to realize what you're saying... when they think they're right it doesn't matter what you say they'll never change their opinion so its best just to appease them with things you know that match with what they support

like here

Boxing ----> Muay Thai

etc like that...

but in all reality I don't see a boxer ever beating a Monk who has spent all their life learning to be calm and tranquil... if for nothing else for the sole fact that the westren boxer will get agry and rage etc.. while the monk will remain calm and clear...

and you said that about swords? you obvisously not seen the people who practice Kendo... they do carry their Shinai... and sometimes protect themselves there with if their attacked... >_>

so yea... but like I said... its pointless to argue even if you're right because you can never pursade someone otherwise when they're so set in their opinion....

edit: Watch teh video.... watch his self control... if it was reversed... the westrener would've just kept punching and punching punching he woudln't have stoped because well westrens only learn HELL YEA LETS KICK ASS.... and not the sancity of life or self control...

Yeah, you keep saying I dont listen and dont argue with foreigners. Well thats nice, refuse to listen to someone elses side of an argument because youre ignorant and biased against foreigners, despite you having your information wrong like saying Maui Thai came before boxing (LOL) and not knowing a single thing of the subject.

"Well, he has his historic information correct, hes actually boxed before, hes fought other boxers, and hes fought martial artists, he seems to know all this stuff but since he wont drop his arguement since hes expierenced in that area and im not (other than what I seen on TV) I'm just gonna insult his character and call him a foreigner who doesnt listen"

[quote name='Kaze Araki']Truth to be told, Boxing is a sport not a combat technique.

More than often, special forces in many countries are trained in one form of martial arts or another - boxing is just supplementary.

Boxing relies heavily on muscle only, while martial arts emphasize on both muscle and chi (internal energy).

Xin Yi Liue He Quan and Ba Ji Quan are very different from Taichi Quan or Shaolin martial arts - they are short ranged with blows that are designed to kill the opponent as fast as possible. Indeed, people like Lee Shu Wen most of the time kill their opponents just with a single blow.

[youtube]WyRSzUbPBpM[/youtube][/QUOTE]

LOL! You dont know what youre talking about!!! In boxing you ARENT allowed to lift weight's due to the fact that it contracts your tendons and limits your flexibility, which 1) Doesnt allow a full weight shift 2) Doesnt let you punch as hard 3) Reduced EXPLOSIVE strength which comes from twitch fibers in your body and isnt gained from lifting weights. The only ones that are allowed to lift weights are the HEAVY weights, and thats because they need to shed FAT and replace it with MUSCLE of the same weight.

And yeah OK buddy, I know youre not trying to tell me some fancy artsy type fighting style is actually MORE of a fighting style that one thats FULL practicality with no BS. And it is a sport for a reason pal, due to the fact that its no fancy shit and just full on fighting, thats what people wanna watch, thats why its more effective. That other fighting stuff has other factors which are pointless. And it is a combat style, its been around before most of your kung fu stuff and it was an ancient Rome where the fighters would often beat another to death. Get some education, stop watching movies.

And this crap about "omg boxers are angry kong fu men are cool" dont know anything about fighting. Because in order to fight well and actually be good at your sport you cant fight angry. Angry = losing. Look up Joe Louis or Mohammad Ali, two of the greatest fighters (with Ali being regarded as the greatest of all time) who never once let anger get to them. Ali was known for joking around too much and clowning his opponent because he was so good.

This thread is fulled with terrible biased against westerners saying "OMG THEIR ALL ANGRY" and all that junk. Not only that but the common use of things like movies as evidence (lol) and the idea that someone with a friggen sword is having a fair fight with someone with their bare fists (what a great logic).

♣Kaname Madoka♣

NO >_> I didn't even mean it like that Crom if you remember I sent you Hapsiel...

and yea I am Biased against Forginers because the ones I know in real life are dumbasses...

and my whole speech was a snide way to get people to try and think of something that would actually convince you instead of what they're doing

Hey lookie this is deadly... >_>

I wanted them to try and give you evidence etc instead....

and instead of saying

Oh hey look!

you people blah blah blah...

I did it like that because I thought you'd understand what I meant when I said it..... and I knew if I said it directly to them... People like aker would begin cussing and bitching at me and I don't feel like infracting or dealing with that..

so yea sorry I made you misunderstand but I can see how I did...

Status
Not open for further replies.