SOTW #6 - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
#1 GMV Sure it maybe simple, but the effects and typo used fits perfectly for me. Simple, cute and effective.

#2 has too much negative space, but the smudging is quite awesome. :3

#3, I really love it, and it would have gotten my vote, but the light just too bright for me.

Got to say, all the entries are quite lovely, lol. <3

Entry #1

is pretty well done tough it needs abit depth and in my opinion i would like to see the render more clearly

Entry #2

I dont like the smudge brush and the flow, you can do that better.

Entry #3

I dont like small signature's as you can see , the font isnt really visible and the light above his head is abit too much and the color's dont match in my eyes , except the green lol^^

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Entry #3 GMV

For me, it was between 1 & 3 and it was pretty close call.

3 was killed by the overkilled light source, but the "bubble" effects on 1 kind of turned me off when they got to the render, it made the tag look very flat imo.

Both did good job with text as well.

So when it came down to it, I had to see did the flat depth or overkilled light source hurt the tag more, and I had to go with the overkilled light source hurting that tag less in the end. Both entries were close though, good job~

As for entry 2, it wasn't bad, just way too much empty space plus I did not like how the C4D blended into the tag. So it wasn't bad, but the other two tags were just better.

Maria.

→Donut Vampire
#1 GMV.

The simplicity works for this tag. The colors are soft but appealing enough for the eyes. Though it could still use some effect polishing. Like making it look like it is really in the water. A little soft white smudges would do the trick and some lowered opacity bubble stocks.

Overall, it is a good tag.

Other entries were good too.

#2 is interesting but after looking it at it. It looks totally bland. The smudging works but there isn't enough color and flow to be entirely visually appealing.

#3 is good if it was in a much larger canvas. This type of style in effects takes too much space that it ends up crowding your tag.

Some good thoughts: You don't need to entirely cover your tags with effects to avoid negative space because sometimes negative spaces aren't that negative at all. ^^

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
1 GMV its simply cute and good.

2.is not too bad. but theres only background and some color changes

3.Wow its great actually. But kinda small and over lighted

#1 GMV

1 - it's simple, but it's well done and simply looks the best. Typography is also better than the other.s

2 - It seems like the only thing that was done was smudging...and I'm not big on smudge.

3 - It IS nice, but would look better if it were larger and not so bright (and perhaps larger typography).

dark_9tails

dark_9tailsノ(ಥ益ಥノ)
Entry #3 GMV.

I love the effects surrounding the render and the depth is pretty good too. Though the light source is too bright.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
No#1 gets the vote. At first sight it might seems empty or simple, but the effects of depth and underwater is just superior, and gives of a nice feeling fitting a blue pokemon. I'm especially impressed that it doesn't look as if the original render was smaller, no edges or anything.

No#2 had a good idea, but in this case, it does look kinda empty. Not to mention Charlizard doesn't exactly blend well with the background, it needs more work, especially the bottom part when it comes to blending it. The border kinda looks low quality as well. I could only praise lightning and text, but other things, like depth and blending leaves a bit to be desired.

No#3, well, it's hard to make out anything out of it. Even for my standards it's just too small.

Entry #1 GMV

Simply because it is appealing most, the attempt of making it looks like in the water is pretty good, the opacity of the bubbles effect over the render could be lowered though.

#2, the render looks lonely, the BG is too wide I guess.

#3, I actually like it, if only it was a bit bigger and and the light wasn't too bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.