Shout Thread

Moving this out of the spam thread.

.... My sister is such a DRAMA QUEEN. OH GOD.

Well, she was telling us about her day at school (snorefest), when she starts talking about this question she got in school that she got a good mark answering. The question was "Do you think employers and insurance companies should receive people's DNA information?" Since we're quite a liberal family, including myself, we were all anticipating her to say, of course, no. However...

She told us that she though the employers and insurance companies had a right to the info. Naturally, my mother and I (my dad wasn't in) were VERY shocked. We asked her for reasoning. She said "What if the person has a high percentage chance of heart attacks, and they die on the job? You can't hire them. And what if employers want to help these people, but don't know enough about them to do it?"

Naturally, I facepalmed, and told her about something called PRIVACY, and how people have a right to it. Then she said "Yes, but it's for their own good." THAT was when my mom stepped in and went, "Then you don't understand that by giving this information, you're biasing these employers and insurance firms against these people. What if this is their last opportunity for a job?" My sister shrugged. "If they're not healthy, they shouldn't be applying. It's better for them, anyways."

And THAT was the last straw. We had this debate all throughout dinner, but she stubbornly clung to the idea that it was okay to give DNA INFO to EMPLOYERS AND INSURANCE FIRMS. And then she broke out into tears. And sobbed through dessert. It really killed the mood.

Okay, no more walls of text. But, really, I was just so shocked at what she was saying. I don't have anything against Republicans, but I'm just not a fan of their policies... Still, that was crossing the line...

You should have asked what would she do if she found out she had some disease through DNA information. What'd she do.....

DNA information can always be altered, always.

Gataca ftw >.>

[quote name='TheRazyChan']You should have asked what would she do if she found out she had some disease through DNA information. What'd she do.....

DNA information can always be altered, always.

Gataca ftw >.>[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but she started freaking out and talking about "Freedom of Speech", and how I wasn't respecting her rights. 0_0 Hypocrite...

♣Kaname Madoka♣

most people who screams about freedom are hypocrits... they use it to infringe upon your rights..

♣Kaname Madoka♣

yep its best to try and change her views now >_> you don't wanna have to deal withsomeone like that when they hit their late teens

<---- doesn't actually know this

xD

but I hear it..

Stupid buttons are smaller than my fingers -_-

Also, I saw a movie about DNA information being available to employers. It didn't turn out well. Though my family considers that a liberal idea, not conservative.

Sanae

Staff member
*Walks in*

EH? I ALMOST FORGOT WHAT THREAD THIS WAS! THIS IS THE SHOUTING THREAD PEOPLE :O

P.S. You have to have some parts of your post in normal text in order for all caps to work ^_^

P.S.S. I made sure I had permission for this thread ^__~

Nico.

You were all yellow ~
LOOOOOOOOOOOL Mii chan he's a lazy-ass, can't believe there's actually somebody lazier than me @_@

THE CAKE IS A TRAP! D8<<

[quote name='Akuma no Ko Nico Robin']LOOOOOOOOOOOL Mii chan he's a lazy-ass, can't believe there's actually somebody lazier than me @_@

THE CAKE IS A TRAP! D8<<[/QUOTE]

Then the trap is a lie...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!.......