Naruto Weekly Discussion

[quote name='Murasaki Cho']Sasuke will always be Naruto's goal till the end of this manga IMO, his obsession is actually the bond between him and Sasuke. The more deeper Sasuke walk down into his path, the more harder Naruto will chase him. That is the typical hero trait within him that differs him with others e.g. Jiraya. I do believe this will be ended by either Sasuke's return or both of them death.

Kyuubi is a devilish creature, it is its natural trait to mislead the host. In Naruto'case, its trying to provoke hatred towards the world within him. The stupid thing for Kyuubi is if Naruto neglecting the kyuubi behind in the war. Never have I recall kyuubi has a good intention. Its wisdom is to abuse its power to ruin the world.

I think the flashback wasn't meant to show he's being trapped in his childhood memory of Sasuke but more to remind us his development.

He has mentally grown, I think.[/QUOTE]

I think there may have been a misunderstanding concerning the Kyuubi partially at least. The Kyuubi obviously is demonic and could care less for anything other than itself. That is the point I was trying to make, the Kyuubi isn't attempting to talk Naruto out of taking action for Naruto's sake, but for its own.

Do recall the Kyuubi has a past with Madara and it doesn't appear to be all that fond of him. So when Naruto basically walks out in Madara's path the Kyuubi above all else wishes to resist and keep away from him. Considering one of Madara's primary targets is it and he has the power to force control upon it, I think that justifies its selfish reasoning for desiring to avoid meeting Madara again.

Concerning the information and wisdom the Kyuubi has, I suspect nothing of that nature will be revealed to Naruto unless his relationship with his biju becomes similar to Bee with the Hachibi. However, it could make for some interesting plot development if ever Naruto reaches that point in time where his relationship with the Kyuuubi improves to said degree.

[quote name='insane-azn']Rubbish chapter, the only good thing out of it was Shino's nit-picking LOL!!![/QUOTE]

I quite agree with this.Shino's nit-picking was great.XD

and yes,the chapter was rather boring,that flashback completely pointless.

[quote name='Madara Eternal Mangekyo']Chapter 538 was boring of that there is no doubt.

I did find the slight parts about Naruto's relationship with the Kyuubi interesting though. Naruto is a fool and he still hasn't come to terms with that. The Kyuubi now must begin to rely on Naruto more considering its chakra is not its own wholly any longer.

Naruto is an even bigger idiot than what the Kyuubi mentioned if he thinks he can prevent Madara and his army from killing anyone else. It is going to be a tough lesson for Naruto to learn, he hasn't realized the true significance of what is occuring not until he actually experiences it all. The Kyuubi bringing up Sasuke and his hatred was even more crucial than that.

Naruto needs to stop being so childish and come to terms with reality. He hasn't even begun to see the ugly side of the world yet. Though he has experienced much, there is nothing that could prepare him fully for what he is about to see unfold before him.[/QUOTE]

as for Naruto's talk with Kyubi...well,at first Kyubi obviously tried to manipulate Naruto in order to get himself/itself free while Naruto proved to be wise enough not to fall for it again,which is certainly an improvement... but later it seems like Kyubi got really irritated with Naruto's naivity and started to ''explain'' to him that he can't save every single one of his friends,pointing out that he could do nothing(or very little) about Sasuke's hatred so far(which is of course true)...but considering Kyubi's nature it might be just another attempt to provoke Naruto and get out of that cage.

lastly I must say that seeing the two of them having such a conversasion was interesting......well Hachibi was too a wild beast, repeatedly trying to destroy Kumo not so long ago...

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
Chapter 539 Discussion Thread

What did you guys make of the latest chapter??

For me, I found it really good. A worthwhile Naruto chapter in quite a while.

I liked Itachi and Nagato shown talking together

But the best bit had to be the ending, with Neji's cliffhanger and the twist with that random guy. I was very pleased with it overall :D

Good chapter, just kinda bugs me how kishi started a whole new topic (neji twist) instead of dealing with all these other topics he has left open (sasuke ems, moon's eye, raikage/tsunade, ect.) It was really a wake up to see neji do that, cant wait for the next chapter. What also kinda bugs me is that it seem as if itachi was helping nagato walk, which makes no sense because if itachi's sight is back, deidara's body is back, ect. than nagato should be able to walk just fine. But i am really anxious to see what will come next, i have the feeling that pain/itachi will team up in a very cool way. This story is going in all kinds of directions, every chapter is so different from the last.

Also, seems like naruto just may be able to sway the QB, yet he has no effect on sasuke, meaning that sasuke just may be more hateful than the QB. Sasuke as QB's jinchruuriki, that would be fearsome.

I guess I liked it okay. It was mildly exciting to see Itachi for all of, like, 4 panels. The thing with Neji feels like it's out of nowhere but I'm glad that maybe he'll get a bit more screen time now.

@gaara-- sasuke as kyuubi's jinchuuriki? That idea is very intriguing.

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
Good chapter, just kinda bugs me how kishi started a whole new topic (neji twist) instead of dealing with all these other topics he has left open (sasuke ems, moon's eye, raikage/tsunade, ect.)

I couldn't care less about Sasuke tbh, but I'm sure his time will come. You're definitely right about the Moon's Eye plan, and Raikage/Tsunade thing. I personally think he should have just ended the flashback last chapter, instead of relaying it on to this one, wasting a couple of pages at the beginning that told us nothing of use...

It was really a wake up to see neji do that, cant wait for the next chapter.

Yeah, I mean, Neji?! Of all people?? Also it was really random cos we hadn't seen him in such a while ><;;

What also kinda bugs me is that it seem as if itachi was helping nagato walk, which makes no sense because if itachi's sight is back, deidara's body is back, ect. than nagato should be able to walk just fine. But i am really anxious to see what will come next, i have the feeling that pain/itachi will team up in a very cool way.

You're right... I have a feeling they will try and help the allies in some way, and I'm really glad to see Itachi again! (one of my fav characters :D)

Sasuke as QB's jinchruuriki, that would be fearsome.

Oh god, don't even begin to go there.....

Hmmm, Neji got mind controlled--or was he just naturally evil? I want the latter so his family gets branded as a traitor and eventually dissolved. Pity, he was strong. Nagato Madara moment was hngggggggg. And most importantly, the Kyuubi changing heart? That panel where Naruto offered to carry its burden/hatred, i really noticed how different the kyuubi's face looked like--not really that evil.

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
[quote name='leoblack9']Hmmm, Neji got mind controlled--or was he just naturally evil? I want the latter so his family gets branded as a traitor and eventually dissolved. Pity, he was strong. Nagato Madara moment was hngggggggg. And most importantly, the Kyuubi changing heart? That panel where Naruto offered to carry its burden/hatred, i really noticed how different the kyuubi's face looked like--not really that evil.[/QUOTE]

The latter option seems unlikely here, but that would be very interesting indeed...

Wasn't it Nagato and "Itachi"?? ><;;

And that last point is a very good one. If Naruto can control the Kyuubi, then... Well, he can do anything =P

It was not bad. I didn't expect that to happen, so I guess it's good. I don't like it when I think of something will happen in a manga and it really happens afterwards. I feel bad. D:

I can't imagine how the Kyuubi will look like if Naruto ever success lifting up all hatred within it. A clean hearted Demon Fox?! o_O

[quote name='Laughing_gaara']Good chapter, just kinda bugs me how kishi started a whole new topic (neji twist) instead of dealing with all these other topics he has left open (sasuke ems, moon's eye, raikage/tsunade, ect.)[/QUOTE]

I suppose, Kishi was trying to collect every important pieces that were spread outside the battle to be directed into the battle.

About Neji twist, I can't (refuse to XD )think other than that he is under genjutsu or something with mind manipulation. I can't remember the last scene he had before all these happenings, digging chapters back just gave me a headache @_@.

Naruto is still sticking to that fantasy land of his.

The Kyuubi already mentioned what it physically consists of. Techincally the Kyuubi and all the biju in general are masses of hatred and chakra with a will attached to them. If Naruto managed to break the hatred of the Kyuubi there is nothing left, but a mass of lifeless chakra.

In general I don't like the thought that anyone has the power to do that to a biju, seeing what occurred to the Hachibi is sickening. Where did all that hate go? Hell you could say the Hachibi has resigned to its fate as Bee's b****. The whole point of the biju is gone if you can take their very essences apart like that.

Still a very interesting and good chapter. I like how diverse the chapters are, each one allows you a glimpse of something different. I suspect after this attack's success that we will probably hear something from Naruto, Bee, A, and Tsunade. It is just broken up this way. All the events will probably be taking place at the same time. This method just allows you to view what the major events are before going back to Naruto and Bee shortly followed by a likely meeting wit A and Tsunade.

I am eager to see the next chapter. The cliffhangers sure are killers I swear. It keeps popularity and interest high though, so I can handle the wait.

[quote name='Murasaki Cho']

About Neji twist, I can't (refuse to XD )think other than that he is under genjutsu or something with mind manipulation. I can't remember the last scene he had before all these happenings, digging chapters back just gave me a headache @_@.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think Neji under the influence of genjutsu. Byakugan makes him can see genjutsu, and I also believe he can dispel illusion except for Tsukuyomi or Kokuangyo (bringer of darkness). That left mind manipulation or impostor.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Rawr, getting a random stalker was quite hilarious. I mean, it was a common cliche used often, it wasn't surprising. Actually, it was surprising because it was used like that. But that's not the point. What was amusing was that Sakura got a random creepy stalker that we were supposed to think was the murderer earlier.

[quote name='Madara Eternal Mangekyo']

In general I don't like the thought that anyone has the power to do that to a biju, seeing what occurred to the Hachibi is sickening. Where did all that hate go? Hell you could say the Hachibi has resigned to its fate as Bee's b****. The whole point of the biju is gone if you can take their very essences apart like that.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can start to prepare yourself to accept the possibility of Naruto will be able to nullified the hatred in Kyubii~

[quote name='Ryu_Kaiser']I don't think Neji under the influence of genjutsu. Byakugan makes him can see genjutsu, and I also believe he can dispel illusion except for Tsukuyomi or Kokuangyo (bringer of darkness). That left mind manipulation or impostor.[/QUOTE]

Pardon me, I don't remember about Kokuangyo, what is that and who have it?

[quote name='Cupcakes']Rawr, getting a random stalker was quite hilarious. I mean, it was a common cliche used often, it wasn't surprising. Actually, it was surprising because it was used like that. But that's not the point. What was amusing was that Sakura got a random creepy stalker that we were supposed to think was the murderer earlier.[/QUOTE]

I lol'ed at the moment the guy gave her the love letter, perfectly ruined the serious mood!

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
[quote name='Madara Eternal Mangekyo']Naruto is still sticking to that fantasy land of his.

The Kyuubi already mentioned what it physically consists of. Techincally the Kyuubi and all the biju in general are masses of hatred and chakra with a will attached to them. If Naruto managed to break the hatred of the Kyuubi there is nothing left, but a mass of lifeless chakra.

Still a very interesting and good chapter. I like how diverse the chapters are, each one allows you a glimpse of something different. I suspect after this attack's success that we will probably hear something from Naruto, Bee, A, and Tsunade. It is just broken up this way. All the events will probably be taking place at the same time. This method just allows you to view what the major events are before going back to Naruto and Bee shortly followed by a likely meeting wit A and Tsunade.

I am eager to see the next chapter. The cliffhangers sure are killers I swear. It keeps popularity and interest high though, so I can handle the wait.[/QUOTE]

Man you've got a very good point, but I think Cho is right, the Kyuubi will probably eventually succumb to Naruto's lack of hatred.

[quote name='Murasaki Cho']Maybe you can start to prepare yourself to accept the possibility of Naruto will be able to nullified the hatred in Kyubii~[/QUOTE]

What if you see it in a different light: I mean, how common is it that the thing within (usually a parasite) takes over the host? I for one would not like to see that, and would love to see Naruto and the Kyuubi work together. Also, if Naruto can control that power, then he more than deserves it imo. By learning to work with the Kyuubi instead of either forcing it to submission or becoming overpowered by it, it shows Naruto's immense mental growth, so I think I like this. This does not automatically make the Kyuubi his b***h, cos it does not necessarily mean one is more superior than the other when they are merely working together.

[quote name='Ryu_Kaiser']I don't think Neji under the influence of genjutsu. Byakugan makes him can see genjutsu, and I also believe he can dispel illusion except for Tsukuyomi or Kokuangyo (bringer of darkness). That left mind manipulation or impostor.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember who, but someone predicted that it would be Zetsu. It is possible that it is him, and there is genjutsu involved to make him look like Neji. Tbh I can't imagine the real Neji lazing about near the medical camp; he should be battling!

Also, I sure hope we can see Sakura using genjutsu for bloody once! We've been told near the beginning that she was a genjutsu type (hence having the ability to surpass Tsunade, Kakashi said) but we haven't been shown anything! Just her useless, self... For once I would like to see her kick some @ss by herself, and not just Naruto's, jeez.....

[quote name='Murasaki Cho']Pardon me, I don't remember about Kokuangyo, what is that and who have it?[/QUOTE]

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Bringer-of-Darkness_Technique

It says that the First Hokage could use it, and so could the Second (anime-only)

[quote name='Murasaki Cho']I lol'ed at the moment the guy gave her the love letter, perfectly ruined the serious mood![/QUOTE]

Same here, that was completely unexpected and out of the blue! ><;;

[quote name='Murasaki Cho']

Maybe you can start to prepare yourself to accept the possibility of Naruto will be able to nullified the hatred in Kyubii~ [/QUOTE]

I don't see how he is going to accomplish this task. Continually pissing the Kyuubi off isn't exactly a good way of going about it either. It doesn't seem in any sense possible to break the very essence of a creature down like that without having some divine power to do so.

A creature that is almost exclusively hatred does not appear like something that can be remotely accomplished. I am still questioning what happened to the Hachibi as my last post mentioned. It defies the very logic established for a biju to then simply flip it is anti-climatic as well. It may or may not happen along those lines, but it will not be something I will accept. Unless there is sound logic that introduces this process while staying true to original concept of a biju.