Pre-Fight Scene Screenshots

Note:
Subbed streamrip is out
Anime airs on 7/7

Downloads
Episode 1

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
I can't seems to be able to play the streamed episode 1 on the main site, but I assume this is due to the weakness of my PC. Nevertheless, a question; does this anime has anything to do with Blood+?

Nightmare Gear

de capa y espada
@kaze: yeah, characterwise, but I see no other connection.

Its the main Character of the Blood series "Saya" but I'm going to take a guess and say that "C" in Blood C stands for Clamp.

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
It's something of a different take on Blood+. CLAMP brings in their drop dead gorgeous artwork and adds some new details and maybe even a different story altogether. In fact, the only similar thread is the Blood label and the fact that our main character is named Saya. Of course she's a vampire but she also fights other supernatural creatures as well. I'm hoping the CLAMP injects the symbolism and themes into this title as they have in their other works. The characters are beautiful but what else would you expect from the team that brought us Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle, Code Geass, X, and many others.

Why stream when you can DL as I always say.
www.aniweblog.org

Shadow_Strider

Oderint Dum Metuant
I loved Blood+ so I will difinitely be watching this. I believe this is based on the Blood:The Last Vampire movie. So I think the only character from Blood+ in this is Saya.

Nightmare Gear

de capa y espada
I just watched it and I can say its a whole new story. Just same old Saya.

super mantis monk monster fight was cool. The fighting scene are clean cut.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Well, Blood+, despite having multiple flaws in the storyline, nevertheless, is a powerful heart-moving story. I like it not because of the fighting scenes, but because of the drama. I can't hide fact that I'm somewhat disappointed that this isn't the continuation of the previous season.

Regardless though, I need to watch this new reincarnation of Saya first before commenting on anything.

Zero Phoenix

I have to say I really like Blood-C. The Blood franchise has always been a winner and Blood+ was especially excellent. Having been a long time supporter of CLAMP (I've been watching their anime for about 15 years) I thought from day one that CLAMP teaming up with the creators of the Blood franchise would yield pure gold. Any anime can have a good first episode. It's the ones that follow which make or break the anime. So I'm glad to provide something of a review for episodes two and three. As well as my impressions. CLAMP and the fans is the best thing to ever happen to Blood so I'm hoping this thread stays active. Spoilers throughout. If you haven't seen the episodes yet don't read this.

First let's address the opening. I've heard a lot of great opening themes and CLAMP is certainly no stranger to this area. Hearing Spiral by Dustz was all it took to get me into this group. My blood is pumping and I just want to jump up, grab a sword and help Saya kick some ass. It's impossible to listen to this theme and not get worked into a frenzy. The combination of CLAMP's exceptional art combined with Production I.G.'s experience in animation make Blood-C's opening breathtaking.

Worth noting are the transitions within the artwork such as Saya standing in a lake where the water turns to bubbles, the bubbles turn to the blood, and the blood turns into dead leaves, the focus shifts to highlight a glowing golden moon behind Saya as she draws her sword. In another seen we see a golden moon silhouetted behind Saya's old man and a blue moon silhouetted behind Saya herself. A different color motif is used in this scene while a being, probably Saya's mother is hidden in a shadow between father and daughter, all the while cherry blossoms are blowing across the screen.

A nude flash of a pale skinned Saya is shortly followed by Saya rising out of a lake, blood coating her like a second skin. The camera focuses on her fingertips and shows the blood flaking off before panning down to the rest of her body as blood flakes off, what little of it remains is keeping Saya all but entirely naked. The blood in question turns to birds, butterflies, and petals. Cut to Saya drawing her sword and opening up a can of whoop ass on some monster mo-fos. She makes quick work of these mooks and then sheathes her sword in the most badass manner I've seen in a long time.

CLAMP clearly has an understanding that nudity can be portrayed both artistically and sensually and pull it off quite well in the opening. I hope this anime is never aired on the Cartoon Network because I can't help but fear these damn suits might say well we can't show that on television.

After the opening, we see Saya taking on a creature that looks like one of the chiropteran (spelling) from the previous Blood entries. She appears to be holding her own and certainly didn't get her ass handed to her like she did in episode one. This can mean one of two things. Saya has either gotten stronger or there are creatures out there more powerful than the chiropteran. It could be a combination thereof. In any case the beginning of the episode is good until a certain voice comes in 15 seconds into the thing. The same narrator in the first episode going on and on about blood. Except this time he's going on about how humans understand each other. I've never been so annoyed by a "dark narrator" since that guy in Kamen Rider OOO. You know, the CEO who makes speeches about human greed and what it does. Anyway once the narrator gives his two cents Saya D-Mobs the monster she was fighting and the episode begins proper.

In the next scene Saya is leaving her home and she sings a song about her dad. Fuumito, the cafe owner who lives down the road from her house invites her in for complimentary breakfast as he does every morning. The two talk and we learn that Saya really loves her daddy. Not in an incestuous way like you see in a lot of anime, but she really is daddy's little girl who loves her father more than anything. Seeing this sort of relationship without any baggage is like a breath of fresh air. This type of thing is going to make it especially painful when her dad gets killed because really, we've all seen anime before and we all know it's going to happen.

Saya sees that weird ass dog from episode one and tries to pet it. This action takes about 30 seconds and eventually the creature gets tired, thinks "She isn't going to pet me if she's this hesitant so I'm leaving." Not to bash Blood-C because I can't get enough of this anime (I love you Saya!!!) but it seems to me the cat-dog was giving me a hint. You know it's never a good sign when one of the characters leave an episode of anime. This shit is going to be boring.

So Saya is late to class because she was distracted by the cat-dog. We're formally introduced to class representative Itsuki Tomofusa who has a big crush on Saya. Only issue is she's too dizzy to see it. Teacher walks in, followed shortly by Tokizane the mysterious loner student. The episode was actually going quite well at this point but something occurred to me. When Saya was having lunch with her classmates I had to face an impasse. I saw the twins, the love interest, the tough best friend, and then the dark loner and I asked myself..., "What the hell is this?" Is CLAMP recycling character types?
You might be wondering what the hell is he, ZERO PHOENIX talking about. I've been rolling with CLAMP for 15 years so it's only natural that if the character types are repeating themselves then I would see it. Saya is Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura version), Fuumito the cafe owner is another character from Cardcaptor Sakura, an older male whom Sakura had a crush on. It seems to me that Saya has a small crush on Fuumito. The dark loner guy is Lee Syaroan (Cardcaptor Sakura version), and the twins in
Saya's class are like the twins in xxxHolic only without the freaky hairstyles.

Now you might ask, what's the big deal? Well one of the things I like about CLAMP's worlds is that most of them are connected. Many of CLAMP's titles take place in the same universe, not only that but hitsuzen plays a major role in CLAMP's creations so it's no unusual for characters or incarnations of characters to crossover and overlap. It's actually damn great. Issue here however is that Blood is not a CLAMP creation. Along those lines Blood-C is a "collaboration." CLAMP cannot, with respect to earlier creations, cannot immigrate Blood into their universe of crossovers. And if they are just reusing character types then, well, I think it's time to switch things up.

Class rep., Itsuki drops another hint that he likes Saya at lunch time, Saya's pals also drop hints, Saya remains unaware and instead runs over to the dark loner Tokizane. Saya offers Tokizane lunch, he refuses (because he's the cliche badass loner), she persists, he asks her why is she so persistent and Saya delivers the line that stopped the whole episode. "Being hungry makes you sad." I fell out my chair. I haven't heard dialogue that bad since Resident Evil i.e., "Jill you are the master of unlocking." After I got off the floor I closed my laptop and thought, "Did she actually say that?" So by this time you're at the 15 minute mark and literally nothing has happened. Saya returns home to her daddy who tells her about the big baddie Elder Bairn. It certainly refers to a species but it could also be a name given to the head baddie who killed Saya's mom. Saya resolves to protect her father, her friends, and slay Elder Bairn.

This scene while short, is filled with suspense and you get the feeling that wow, I wish she was back at school just kicking back with her friends. After Saya makes a vow to her father we turn to blazing violins and I had to say, "This is getting serious." Then Saya ran into, wait for it, a giant plant. And again I asked, "What the hell is this?" Violins stop, Saya stands with her blade ready, the clouds pass by, the moon glimmers and the battle begins. Hot Japanese babe with a sword taking on a plant that has tentacles instead of vines. Saya is holding her own and totally owning Little Shop of Horrors until the plant smacks her into a tree and rams Saya with such force the tree is also broken off at the trunk and the two fall into a cave. Saya swims out of the lake that's in the cave without knowing the plant is hanging from the ceiling.

Just when the plant is about to have the most delicious snack you ever saw (Saya) she stabs the plant in the mouth. NOT with her sword. She actually broke off a chunk of stalagmite from the cave floor and stabbed the creature in the mouth. DAMN that's gangster! While the plant is writhing in pain she just totally owns it with her sword. She goes apeshit on the plant with such ferocity that they don't even show the remainder of the kill on screen. This is a plant mind you and Saya cuts this thing so many times that the cave is painted in the monsters blood. Yeah I think you pissed her off.

Pros: The artwork and animation is exceptional. What else would you expect from CLAMP and Production I.G.? The characters move with an eerie life-like realism. Saya is absolutely gorgeous. I don't mean that in a creepy way, simply she has the best character design and the ladies at CLAMP really took great care in detailing everything from her hair to her finger-tips. Of course this is no Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust but it's probably some of the best stuff you'll see in an anime series. We learn more about Saya's mom, Saya's dad, and the big baddie.

Cons: The episode had about 5 to 7 minutes of action.

Overall: Great work as usual. My minor gripes don't even matter. Of course as an objective party I had to mention them but really, Blood-C is shaping up to be good. Damn good.

Notes: I'm fully aware people complain about how long my posts are. The review for episode three will be much shorter. Look for it.

Zero Phoenix

Episode 3

So episode three opens up with Saya and her dad Tadayoshi at Fuumito's cafe. Saya is cooking breakfast for her dad. After having breakfast Saya runs into that dog. The thing looks at Saya as though she is a specimen in a dish and then looks off into the distance as it was doing like she was never there. I'm beginning to like that dog. Anyway, Saya walks passed the dog and then suddenly grabs it. After cuddling the creature (lucky bastard I'll kill you) Saya looks in the same direction as the cat-dog and seems almost mesmerized by something. The dog uses this moment to escape.
After school Saya and her friends go to Guimave Cafe (Fuumito's joint) to hang out. The girls try to get Saya to notice Itsuki's feelings, Saya can only think about food and Tokizane (the badass loner guy). Itsuki's face was heartbreaking even for me. Cop comes in, the bakery owner from a different spot is missing, advises the kids to run home and for Fuumito to close early. Tadayoshi (Saya's old man) says an Elder Bairn is at work. Saya runs off to kill it. Saya finds the bakery owner who is turns into ground meat a minute or so later by the Elder Bairn.
This particular monster looks like a subway train that ate an elephant. Yes, in that order. Saya gets thrown around a bit, her eyes turn red, and she turns the tables on the Elder Bairn by turning that vato into a fountain of blood. Saya runs train through the creature (pun intended) and by the end of the battle the only part of Saya not completely soaked in the monsters blood are her eyes, only because she wears glasses. Here comes that damn narrator again end scene.

Pros: Saya is certainly getting stronger. We learn more about her and the town the characters live in. The next episode looks interesting too. That opening still kicks ass. [If they change the theme at any point I'm going to be uber pissed.]
Cons: Gotdamn narrator. The amount of time I have to wait until episode four is released.
Overall: Blood-C is already in my top ten. Might be in my top five by series end. I LOVE YOU SAYA!!!

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
hmm well I guess this anime is not too bad.

But I honestly dont get the story..all I see is

Saya's life. Then fight monster. Repeat again next episode.

What is that mystery man narrating about? IDK. What are this monsters and what do they do? IDK either.

I just watch the show for the fight. although I must say Saya should show some cooler moves XD

Zero Phoenix

hmm well I guess this anime is not too bad.
It's got a lot of haters. ;butcher; Casual watchers "don't get" CLAMP.

But I honestly dont get the story..all I see is

Saya's life. Then fight monster. Repeat again next episode.
More or less what happened in Blood+. Of course to Blood+'s credit there was a great deal of drama, some conspiracy stuff, and loads of character development. CLAMP appears to be taking a more light-hearted approach in this one. Saya is a vampire or probably a half-breed given that her power stems from her mother rather than her father. She is hunting down the Elder Bairn, the same creatures that killed her mother. Of course CLAMP adds a spin to it. Rather than fighting this one species of monsters Saya fights many supernatural creatures.

What is that mystery man narrating about? IDK. What are this monsters and what do they do? IDK either.
Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to the mystery man. He annoys the hell out of me. There are different types of monsters. So far Saya has fought a creature made out of stone, a monster resembling the chiropteran that we've seen in Blood and Blood+, a wierd-ass cross between a subway and an elephant, and a giant plant. The monsters have different abilities but as you might expect they all look at us as food.

I just watch the show for the fight. although I must say Saya should show some cooler moves XD
In episode three she definitely kicked some ass. She clearly hasn't been swordfighting for a long-time given that she's full of openings. Of course Saya from Blood+ took an extremely long-time (half the series) to become a foe to be reckoned with.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
It's got a lot of haters. ;butcher; Casual watchers "don't get" CLAMP.

More or less what happened in Blood+. Of course to Blood+'s credit there was a great deal of drama, some conspiracy stuff, and loads of character development. CLAMP appears to be taking a more light-hearted approach in this one. Saya is a vampire or probably a half-breed given that her power stems from her mother rather than her father. She is hunting down the Elder Bairn, the same creatures that killed her mother. Of course CLAMP adds a spin to it. Rather than fighting this one species of monsters Saya fights many supernatural creatures.

Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to the mystery man. He annoys the hell out of me. There are different types of monsters. So far Saya has fought a creature made out of stone, a monster resembling the chiropteran that we've seen in Blood and Blood+, a wierd-ass cross between a subway and an elephant, and a giant plant. The monsters have different abilities but as you might expect they all look at us as food.

In episode three she definitely kicked some ass. She clearly hasn't been swordfighting for a long-time given that she's full of openings. Of course Saya from Blood+ took an extremely long-time (half the series) to become a foe to be reckoned with.
question. what is Blood+? :p ;haha;

Zero Phoenix

Episode 4

All right my bad people. I meant to do a summary of episode four but I've been in want of time. Seeing as how episode five already hit the streets I'm playing catch-up. Enjoy.

Episode 4: So Saya is having flashbacks about the Elder Bairn she killed. Her dad checks up on her and she tells him the creature told her to honor the covenant. Dad feigns ignorance and only reiterates that the Elder Bairn are enemies that need to be destroyed. Saya is singing another song on her way to school. That wierd dog is following her. Saya is walking with her friends and she gets a vision of a golden katana. The dog follows her all the way to school but runs away once Saya spots it. Apparently she's the only one who can see it. The dog displays catlike agility and runs up a tree. Saya chases after it but falls. Enter Squall Leonhart wannabe Tokizane who runs to save the day but Saya backflips and lands on top of him knees first. Not in a sexy cliche anime sort of way, but in a hilarious stomach stabbing manner. They share lunch. Saya leaves, meets Fuumito at his cafe. Saya later runs into some Elder Bairn and gets her ass D-Mobbed. The leader of the pack even asks Saya if she really knows how to fight. In Saya's defense though not only is it three on one but this crew also has hostages so it's understandable that she had so much trouble. Of course the only thing that gave the monsters their edge were the hostages. When the lead monster kills his last hostage Saya goes apeshit and turns them all into cold cuts. She goes home, dad's sorry ass is waiting to give her a hug. Saya goes to school the next day, she's late but her homeroom teacher lets it slide, end scene.

Thoughts: I knew from episode one that bastard Fuumito couldn't be trusted because of his narration and my familiarity with CLAMP's previous titles. Anyway he knows a lot about Saya and even Saya's dad is becoming increasingly cautious of him. Also, Saya's dad is starting to piss me off. Dude your daughter is out there not just fighting dangerous creatures, but getting her ass beat. I understand that the guy is old and has no powers but I think you can do more than give your little girl a hug. Overall it was a good episode. Haters gonna dis but I like Blood-C more and more with each passing episode. Of course it's to be expected. When it comes to anime there isn't one company better than CLAMP. Not one.