[Sign ups] Dungeons And Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
~*†Dungeons And Dragons AG†*~

A lone man sits in the corner of a tavern. You approach him, and he tells the story of a necromancer.

“His name is Larient, hailing from the village of Genvilone, now ruins. Intelligent little one, he was, but his one peculiarity was that he often visited the graveyard. It was unknown why he did that, but the day he murdered his parents, everyone finally understood.

There was a single book buried in the graveyard of Genvilone. This book, the Necronomicon, was a book rumored to contain knowledge of the most evil art of necromancy. True enough, it did, and young Larient had studied it, summoning from the dead his parents. He called forth an army from the graveyard, and destroyed the village, summoning the bodies of the innocents as part of his army. No one knows why he did it.

He went on a journey to conquer to world, like all power-hungry necromancers do. Like all power-hungry necromancers, he was prominent. Like all power-hungry necromancers, he almost managed to take over the world. Like all power-hungry necromancers, he loved his coffee. Like all power-hungry necromancers, he made the same mistakes that other, previous power-hungry necromancers had made.

His army was defeated in the battle for Lieshool, by the High Paladin of Akronos. Defeated, he was driven into the Mountains of Night, where he now resides.”

At this moment, a Paladin approaches your table. It appears that Larient has been active all these years he was imprisoned in the Mountains of Night. Just a week ago, a platoon of undead warriors pillaged a nearby village. They had been preparing for such an event for a long time, and the Paladin asks if you would like to join the quest.

“If you would like to join the quest, take this scroll of teleportation. It will bring you directly to the necromancer and also make you feel a little more... powerful.”

Story written by Gary Stu, the Bard​

Disclaimer: I take no credit for the name ‘The Necronomicon’, ‘Dungeons and Dragons’, Feats and Spells, and The core mechanic. Don’t sue me.

Rules

1. All General Forum rules apply.

2. Spamming is frowned upon.

3. Role Gathering is frowned upon.

4. Making public any role sheet, or part thereof, via any means is unallowed.

5. Inactivity warnings will be given out on the first day of inactivity. After 2 days of not voting, inactives are killed.

6. Dead people don’t talk.

AG Rules

For the purposes of this AG, I am using a highly inaccurate and adapted version of the original game.

THE CORE MECHANIC

Every time an action with a chance of failure is performed, a 20-sided die is rolled to determine the success or failure of that action. A roll of ‘1’ is considered an automatic failure, no matter the bonuses, and a roll of ‘20’ is considered an automatic success.

Initiative and Attack order

Attack order is the turn by which a person gets to attack. If a person dies or is hit by any effects before his/her turn, the person does not get do anything upon death or the person will take penalties depending on what was done to the person before the turn. Each day I will roll initiative to decide the order upon which the attacks will be made.

Fighting

-Attacking-

Whenever you attempt to hit a target with a melee attack or ranged attack, an attack roll must be made against the target’s armor class. Each character will be given an attack modifier in their role sheet. This is your attack bonus. It is added on to the result you obtain from rolling a 20-sided die.

Other than your feats or spells, you may choose to attack normally. A normal attack will roll a 20-sided die and add your attack bonus to the result.

Attacks, if successful, are instant-kills. You may only attack once per day.

-Defending-

Armor Class - This is your main defense. A value will be given to it, an attacker will have to roll on attack higher than that value in order to hit you. You do not have to roll a 20-sided die.

Roleplay

You get bonuses to attack or defense depending on how you role play your character, if you want to role play them. You will receive a PM stating your bonus and on which day (either the current day or the next day) your bonus will take effect.

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
Players

1. Akemi Homura

2. Spectral Winds

3. Graham Aker

4. Emeralda

5. Kulitman

6. Rah

7. Shadowwolf

8. Amulet Shade

9. Zombehs

10. Kagemusha

11. TheRealTeapot

12. Sanae

13. Kamil

14. Avan Onee-Chan

15. Sakura Kyouko

16. Billion-Degree Dragon

17. Rina

18. Murasaki Cho

19. Ataraxia

20. Ryu_Kaiser

Notes:

I will close sign-ups once I reach 20 players.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Useful Links:

http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm

♣Kaname Madoka♣

Tsukiko and Miyako....

errrr @____@ make it my SW account

and whats Dungeons and Dragons?

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
[quote name='?Kaname Madoka?']and whats Dungeons and Dragons?[/quote]

Rawr, you know, Baldur's Gate, Neverwiter Nights, etc.

Oh, and sign me up.

♣Kaname Madoka♣

@hamster - ohhhh

@Emmie - yea I know Baldurs gate @___@ this is the same thing @__@

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
Holy shit D&D!

I remember playing this on Xbox!

I want a Fire scimitar !!

oh Ive been signed up

lol. Its a board game? The D&D I knew was a video game

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
Well, you'll be disappointed because I seriously simplified many of the things. But I'll eventually add more stuff in subsequent sessions AGs

3.5 is the best. Also:

[quote name='Crestham']Well, you'll be disappointed because I seriously simplified many of the things. But I'll eventually add more stuff in subsequent sessions AGs[/QUOTE]

Does this mean that joining future iterations will lead to having "leveled up" roles?

Oh, signing up.

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
[quote name='Kamil']3.5 is the best. Also:

Does this mean that joining future iterations will lead to having "leveled up" roles?

Oh, signing up.[/QUOTE]

Well, there will be a different storyline depending on the circumstances.

I'm still trying to work character creation into the game, as well as lifepoints without making it too much like DnD and more like an AG.

Status
Not open for further replies.