MIDPOINT- The Torn Rehabilitation Centre (OOC + SIGNUP)

Banchou

Fighting The Cold hands of Time
Staff member
MIDPOINT- The Torn Rehabilitation Center

OCC and Sign Up

An angel’s wings are as important as their life itself. If removed completely, a period of darkness filled with agony and imbalanced self-consciousness begins. The outcome ends with them lost in darkness and becoming one of the 'Consumed' (a demon-turned angel).

However, very few aren’t completely lost and are known as the (half) Torn – not belonging to either party after partially losing part/half of their wings. Those few have a chance to return to the angel he/she was or switch sides. The possibility of tearing their wings off completely a while after being half-torn becomes near to impossible, whilst the physical and mental turmoil agonises them – returning to who you once were isn’t that easy.

Welcome to Midpoint – also known as the Torn Rehabilitation Centre. It is a caged 'paradise' where the Torn are brought to reside – a place which neither belongs to heaven, hell or Earth. It’s the only place in which both angels and demons are told to collectively work together under God and Satan's orders – well not completely.

Alongside being at a constant and rather irrational war against each other, they both want the Torn; the demons want to increase their numbers against the plentiful population of angels, and of course the angels just want their citizens back. A number of angels and demons have been employed to guard, aid and compel the Torn until they make their decision in this centre and use any method to get their way, sometimes (although rarely) forgetting about the concept of a paradise made for them. Whether or not one will be able to survive before choosing sides is a mystery. To an extent, even the angels and demons fear that they themselves may perish in the course of their career.

This RP is set 2020. Meaning there have been some developments in technology in Earth and hence some have been brought over into their universe.

========================================​

THIS IS AN OPEN RP WHERE ANYTHING IS SUBJECT TO HAPPENING.

ACTION/HORROR/ROMANCE/FRIENDSHIP/DRAMA/COMEDY etc.

RULES

1. Try keeping it PG-13. You can go further (such as horror) just don't go way too far.

If you feel it’s too much put it under a spoiler.

2. Respect each other.

3. No god-modding.

4. No one-liners and minimize shortcuts: Not too short and not too lazy.

5. Activity is required - real life reasons are excused but please do tell. Through the application process, we should hopefully be able to determine your activity anyway~

6. Any other general roleplay rules apply.

7. Get your creative hat on!!

QUESTIONS

(Those other things you're unsure about. Ask me and I'll answer, adding it up here for everyone else as well.)

Can Torn fly?

Yes, some can weakly whereas some cannot at all. It depends on the Torn itself and the damage of their wings.

Can these beings make their wings disappear or appear at will?

Yup!

Angels born from the same Spiritual Tree, are they counted as siblings?

Okay this is a weird question since it makes you think of people. How about saying no to that? BUT it depends on the angels themselves whether they want to count other angels as siblings, kind of like step-siblings considering there is no genetic similarities what-so-ever. Angels born from the Trees have a choice to create a family.

Jobs for the Torn? Is it possible?

Yes it is. I don't have it down on the list but generally you are allowed to have one. If the Torn has made his/her own decision to stay a Torn for life then a job is able to be in place for them. Just add it to your profile. :]

Are there Pure Angels?

Nope. Angels are Angels. Whether they have experienced being a Torn or not, they are just Angels.

Note: Original RP by Relli, Tum-Tum, and Tsuiki and i was Given Permission

Banchou

Staff member
MIDPOINT'S GUIDE OF EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW

______SUBPLOT

> None as of Yet

______SUBPLOT SYSTEM

Once the roleplay begins, people will be allowed to wonder freely. Get used to the environment and such. However, through time we will introduce a subplot in. An announcement will be made in the roleplay and in here so you might have to check it out. Everyone can work around this even, sort of like a miniature goal for you all to complete. Complete one and another one can start right away.

This is where the teamwork comes in;

IF THERE'S A SUB-PLOT YOU'D LIKE TO IMPLEMENT, TELL EITHER ME, TUMBLYBOX OR TSUKIKOX AND WE'LL CHECK IT OUT. (VIA PM PLEASE)

Even if it's an idea such as small event which has caused wreckage in one area. If it allows the others to join in with the fun, please do tell. The more the merrier.

Once accepted we'll keep note of it and give you the signal for when you can start the development of this sub-plot - providing it has something to do with your character.

If it's a calendered event suggestion (ie. yearly, monthly) , you can just do it in the OCC section if you want.

______BEINGS

Angels and Demons – We all know what they are but there will be a few changes.

Firstly, their wings are important, although they only appear when used in flight. Yes, both Pure Demons and Angels have wings.

Also, even though they may be a Angel/Demons they still can fluctuate with bad and good parts in their personality.

Angels are predominantly bathed in light and represent ‘good-will’.

Power/ability-wise, they are stronger than Demons; however, as we all know, it is harder to persuade one to become ‘good’ than bad.

They are born in a plentiful number from spirit trees (kinda like fruit). If not, they are 'good' humans who have died.

Angel's are no longer as pure as they once were as history books have told.

Demons, immersed in a life of darkness, are made up of two categories. They are born from deceased 'bad' humans or through mating. There are:

The Pure who are pure blood Demons who were born in hell as they were. They are of higher status than those who aren't.

The Consumed who are Ex-angels whose wings have been torn completely and can wear an artificial pair for their own benefit. They, in comparison to the Pure, hold greater knowledge about the enemy party, being an Ex-angel themselves.

Then of course, Angels whose wings have been half-torn in whatever manner and are imbalanced between light and darkness are known as the Torn.

When a Torn makes a decision, their wings will not be repaired alone. If they become a Consumed, their only method of flight will be the use of machinery or artificial wings (which are highly difficult to obtain). On the other hand, only Torn who have completely chosen to return as an Angel - without any lingering feelings about being a Torn or Demon - can repair their wings.
(To apply for your character delete the p in appearance :])

______LOCATIONS

The Central – the main zone where the Torn live their lives

• Cafeteria

• Library

• Artificial Beach - Essentially made up of a giant pool and sand

• Park/Gardens

• Bar

• Materials District - Obtainment of necessities without the use of currency

• Education Center - For the young torn and those in need for it.

• Midpoint Hotel - Not quite the hotel. More so, the living quarters of the Torn

• Sports Center

• Hospital

Other - To arrive through any one of these places, a forests and a river surrounding them must be past.

• Sun Dorm (for the Angels) - Found in the east of the Central

• Moon Dorm (for the Demons) - Found in the west of the Central

• Midpoint Tower – Where issues are discussed about the management of Midpoint. It stands alone in the North of the Central.

• Detention Center - Self explanatory. High security around the place. Found NE of the Central.

• The Old Wing - Ruins consisting of an old tower and courtyard. SW of the Central.

• The Boundary - Once again, high security. (Please highlight below for an application requirement.) A magic shield encompasses the place alongside a towering wall which seems to reach the sky. There is an entrance, however, for staff and visitors to arrive through. Not once has there been a break out. Escapees are always caught and sent to the detention centre. The giant wall nor the magic has never been disabled.

Other locations? I'm open to suggestions.

______SECURITY

The Detention Center and the Boundary may be the only places with a tight lock on security; however, this entire 'paradise' is in fact still watched over. Security are constantly on the watch; whether they are physically there or using their powers. Generally the place only has Demons, Angels and Torn, but the Torn must still be wary. Those dragons, some of those birds and other creatures which encompass the forest? They aren't there for decoration.

______STAFF JOBS

(The list is not exhaustive; look at the location list to see what other possibilities are out there)

• Midpoint's Head Manager - NOT OPEN UNTIL LATER

• Gate-keeper - NOT OPEN UNTIL LATER

• Captain of the Guard - NOT OPEN UNTIL LATER

• Guards – ensure there are no issues going about Midpoint, some work around The Boundary.

• Psychiatrists – help deal with emotional issues.

• Healers -- provide pain relief in the form of pills/injections etc. unless it's an ability of thiers. Every month a healer has to ensure the medication is taken again as it only lasts for a month.

• Librarian

• Bar Staff

• Gardener

• Cafeteria Staff

• Educators/Instructors

• Support staff – Help out with misc. jobs.

Other (?) I'm open to other suggestions.

ALL MEMBERS OF THE STAFF CAN/WILL TRY TO FORCE/PERSUADE THE TORN

(PARTICULARLY THE PSYCHIATRISTS, TAKING ALL THEIR CHANCES TO BRING THEM TO THEIR SIDE.)

Banchou

Staff member
APPLICATIONS

BEFORE APPLYING YOU MUST HAVE READ ALL DETAILS. WE WILL HELP YOU IF YOU'VE MADE MISTAKES BUT EXPECT A LIKELY REJECTION IF YOU'VE SKIMMED.

ANSWER THE "ABOUT ME" HONESTLY. SURE, PULL OUT A FEW JOKES HERE AND THERE BUT ON A WHOLE TRY AND BE SERIOUS A LITTLE.

Also, I do not want anyone asking about other forms of angels/devils such as religious equivalents or types. Doing something like that will break the roleplay I have created and like before, I had specifically said prior, this roleplay revolves around these species in the way I have created them.

Running out of ideas for powers? Use this wiki link as a basis:

Here

STAFF (ANGEL/DEMON):

HTML:
[b]

Banchou

Staff member
Character List

Consumed//

TrinityMoon-
Lasair Gealach

Angels//

Torn//

HappyNisa- Leana Channer

Hime - Sania Remire

TrinityMoon-
Anael, Arashi, Akira

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
•NAME : Leana Channer

•PHYSICAL AGE : 24

•ACTUAL AGE : 19

•SPECIES : Torn

•CURRENT CONSUMMATION METER : 40%

•WHAT DOES PARADISE MEAN TO YOU? : It seems like a preview of hell for her. She feels like two sides are pulling on her while the pain consumes her body on unexpected moments.

•DISLIKES : The colour Limegreen, breaks/pauses, people who think they know everything.

•POWERS/ABILITIES : She's able to transform her body (and voice) in the exact image of another person. (she really cant change in an animal) However her transformation can dissapear when she's in great pain or lost the control of her emotions. She needs to be calm and in control to change. It also uses energy for her and the longest she ever held the image of a person was just 4 hours, she needs to be able to switch back to herself once in a while even if its only for a short amount of time. She used to use it to comfort people in the last moments of their lives by transforming in a lost love one, but she had learned that there were other uses to that power.

•PERSONALITY : Stubborn, smart, playful, in control of her emotions (however if you know what to say you can get her raged/sad very quickly and easily whatever you say brings ntohing of an emotion or it makes hell come to the place)

•BIOGRAPHY : Like I said before. Leana was a Angel that guided humans that passed away. She was one of the angels that transformed into the image of the lost loved ones so the dying human would come to the afterlife without any resistance. She had a fine life as she enjoyed her job and was glad she was able to give humansouls a nice end of their lifes.

But everything changed for her when a friend of her asked her to take over her shift as her friend was planning on having a great day with her family. Leana agreed because she knew how much her friend wanted to spend more time with her family and friends since her friend worked a lot and very hard aswell. Leana changed herself into her friend and went to work.It suprised her how easy it was, how none of the other Angels asked questions. She did her job properly but took a too long break as she was exhausted of working a lot herself. She wanted to get back to work after but her superviser told her to go home and asked her how she had the guts to return to work when she tried to visit her friend the next day she was no longer an Angel but a Torn far away from her.

She wanted answers, but nobody would tell her what happened to her friend or why she became a Torn. Not even her boyfriend would tell her a thing, he even told her to leave it alone as her friend was close to being lost case. Leana had snapped there for the first time. How dare he say that her friend was a lost case! Her friend was an angel and she was the best friend she had ever had. She controled herself before leaving the house. She decided to find out what happened to her friend even if she had to commit a crime for that.

She went to the place were she would find what she was looking for. With the help of her ability to change into other peoples she sneaked in to the forbidden section of a Library where archives about Torn were stocked. It took her 7 nights of hard work to find her friends dossier. Her friends wings were torn because she let in a Consumed and helped that very Consumed to steal a document out of the Library. The Consumed used to be one of her friends, a friend even Leana had known and who her friend thought of as brother. The Consumed killed an Angel when they escaped out of the Library and her friend would have hurt another one. Everything had taken place in the time that Leana had her long break. It accured to her that if she'd been working instead of taking a break her friend could have been saved from getting her wings torn as then it would not have been sure that it was her friend that had commited the crime.

She tried to convince other Angels of the fact that she wasn't guilty but the angels told her it was already to late. The next day of work she snapped again as a human kept whining about a dear one she had betrayed and how much she regretted it. Normally she'd have changed in the friend the human was talking about in her last minutes before death but now she couldn't bear it that a human had betrayed her friend, because some way she felt betrayed by her own now Torn friend. She changed in to the human the dying human hated most and let her die while having a fight with Leana who the human thought was her rival. Leana got punished for this but she was forgiven because of what happened with her own life. She had to take a vacation though and as her work was her life she got upset and started to enjoy herself by making other angels fight eachother simply by turning in to other angels and leave nasty comments or act in ways that others found very annoying. After a while it was clear that there was a formchanging Angel that did all it as it was impossible to have so many fights and pranks in the homeplace of the Angels. It took another few months for the Angels to discover who it was. She was busted when she changed into the husband of an angel that was talking to her about her torn friend. She went mad when the female angel told that her friend had deserved it to be torn and kicked out.

Because she made other angels fight or cry her wings were taken and she was directed to Midpoint where she was so angry about everything that happend that she slowly felt that her heart got consumed by the darkness while her soul of light yearned for the light.

•APPEARANCE :

======

ABOUT ME

• Username : HappyNisa

• Roleplaying is ____? : fun? new? a lot like writing a story but than with uncontrolable characters?

• What do YOU define as activity? : Posting whenever you can.

• Do you think you apply to your definition? : Yup but I do have to admit a new testweek is coming up end March

• If you're busy and cannot roleplay, what will you do? : Be a good girl and message you .__. I'd even kill of my character or give it to someone else if its really that neccesary ><

• Santa or the child? : Ahh thats a hard one D: Santa is a lie he doesnt exist but that does have its good sides coz even though its not real its something that can make children happy. As Child you have a great view on life and your honest in a very childlike way and you realy don't have much responsabilities in fact your as free as you can be but you won't feel that way which is a disadventage. As Santa you aren't free at all hmmm. But if you look at what is best you have to say the child coz a child can live without a Santa but a Santa doesnt exist at all without the child. Yep the Child it is. Jee you made me think about this one XD

• Are you happy this is over? XD : Well I could handle more questions XD so I'm sad its over? though I doubt it would all fit in one message :eek:

Oh gawd was I supposed to post this here or in the profile completion =__= sorry if I did it wrong :'( please dont erase this before I put it in the other thread then D: I'm confused coz here it says sign-up and there it says post your charaters here ><

Banchou

Staff member
approved Nisa sorry it took em son long to get to it been busy also recruit more people plz

now you put your char in there as well :)

• NAME: Sania Remire

• PHYSICAL AGE: 17

• ACTUAL AGE: 552

• SPECIES: Torn

• CURRENT CONSUMMATION METER: 37%

• WHAT DOES PARADISE MEAN TO YOU?:

- sleeping in late

- flying (or walking) in the rain

- reading

- sweets

- drawing, mostly people and faces

• DISLIKES:

- fish

- showing weakness

- being ignored

- crowds

- blood

- fire

- falling/heights. troublesome since she is something of a klutz now

• POWERS/ABILITIES:

manipulation of ice and water.

able to raise and lower temperature of water

collect water out of the air (but that takes a lot of time and cannot do it when to close to fire)

can down a person on dry land, but its something she prefers to not do

• PERSONALITY: As a human her father would do whatever he wanted with her, and that still affect Sania's life now. She of course has stopped being as shy and talks more openly with people, as long as they don't try digging in her past. She still is a quiet girl, her shouting voice barely louer than anyone else's normal speaking level. She prefers books and drawing to others, as she doesn't like to get into fights or arguments and somehow she always gets herself into some sort of trouble. She's a terrible klutz also, very prone to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• BIOGRAPHY: Sania is not a born angel, rather a human become angel. She died in a fire, which she doesn't like to give details about when asked. The only thing she'll say about it is that it is one of the best things that ever happened in her human life to her. Coming from a time when women still did not have rights Sania's father would beat her whenever she did something wrong but those are details she does not like going into. Of course man things her father thought she did were wrong, most of all how she would help others. He was a greedy man and didn't like his daughter always giving things away to others. It was the only thing she ever did behind his back, and was what she ultimately died doing.

• APEARANCE:

might change it!

======

ABOUT ME

• Username:
you want all of them? there's about five. For now: SummerHime, or Hime

• Roleplaying is ____?: Dying, but still fun.

• What do YOU define as activity?: posting enough to interact with others

• Do you think you apply to your definition?: depends if the Rp is good. Hope this one will be!

• If you're busy and cannot roleplay, what will you do?: Send a VM, PM, or make an announcement in the OOC giving a reason and a guessed return date

• Santa or the child?: The child..?

• Are you happy this is over? XD : Well it took long enough to do, but not like I have anything better to do lately.

Banchou

Staff member
•NAME : Lasair Gealach

•PHYSICAL AGE : (Any age) 20

•ACTUAL AGE : (Any age) 9,999,999,999,999 (old @.@)

•SPECIES : Consumed

•JOB : Healer

•WHAT DOES PARADISE MEAN TO YOU? : it means a place where i can relax and live life with a care free attitude

Girls

Smoking

Food

Drinking

Sleeping

Relaxing

•DISLIKES :

People who think there better then him

treating guy patients (normally refuses)

Angels

bad music

•POWERS/ABILITIES :

Healing: can heal peoples wounds no mater how severe or can dull pain or suppress it, but can barely heal a small cut on himself. This slightly annoys him since he can't heal himself. He only uses this to help his patients.

Gravity Manipulation: can increase or lighten gravity. Can make it so bad you can no longer move or even stand or so light it's fun. Causes gravity to get heavy on a person when they wont sit still for shots or keep causing a disturbance in the hospital. The more angry Lasair gets the less control he has over it making the gravity even stronger when used.

•PERSONALITY :

Lasair is a carefree person, lazy, always relaxed or relaxing when not working. Lasair is a huge perv; ask any female who knows him or met him. Lasair is also a huge flirt does not help with him being a perv. Lasair is maybe lazy and a perv but he is always helpful and values his friendships. Lasair is loyal and kind. when angered Lasair acts childish and stubborn sometimes even getting into fights.

•BIOGRAPHY :

Lasair was a pure angel once born from the tree. Lasair was a general in the wars but ended up getting tired of it so he ripped his own wings off his body. Lasair was found by his fellow soldiers and they were disgusted with him. Lasair was then taken here to the Rehabilitation Centre. Lasair never told anyone he was the one to rip his own wings off though some think he did. Lasiar ended up being one of the consumed and decided to become a healer here instead of going back to being a soldier. Lasair has a good job at the hospital but never arrives on time. Lasiar has worked there for a long time and has never shown up early or on time. Everyone wonders how he has not been fired yet. Lasair is a perv and only works with female torns.

•APEARANCE :

======

ABOUT ME

• Username : TrinityMoon

• Roleplaying is ____? : Fun

• What do YOU define as activity? : Posting 2 or 3 times a day and interacting

• Do you think you apply to your definition? : yes i normally post more then that though

• If you're busy and cannot roleplay, what will you do? : post in the OCC and tell someone

• Santa or the child? : um....*thinks hard*.......the presents?

• Are you happy this is over? XD : yes i am XD

Alright, even though not that many people have signed up (curse you, lazies....) moon asked me to start the rp for him so I shall... In a few minutes probably.