Melty Blood Act Cadenza (MBAC)

Introduction

*insert shitty introduction here*

Bored? Got nothing better to do with your miserable existence than senselessly browse the net day and night, wasting all of your potential? Then this game is for you! Especially if you're a total masochist (like Aker)!!

Google the title, find a YouTube video if you're interested, if not, then simply download it, or read on.

First of all, it's a fighting game based on Tsukihime (worst anime ever ^^; ), but it's simple, and even a Celeron computer could run it! All you need is at least something better than a 56k modem! Isn't that awesome?!

Kay, a flashy video of all the attacks and stuff, just so ya know what's it about and how it looks like. And hey, perhaps you may even recognize a character or two.​

[youtube]xve8Hhsv5gY[/youtube]​
**UPDATE**

The free version of Hamachi only allows 16 people per network. Isn't that AWESOME!?

*cuts wrists*

Kay, until someone that isn't the reincarnation of laziness comes up with a solution to this problem, we'll be using multiple networks.

If you can't join Le Void, try joining Le Void2, Le Void3, and so on. Thus far we've filled only Le Void, so go join Le Void2 for now. The pass still remains 0. Remember, if you want to play with someone, you'll have to get that person to join the same network.

It's a bit annoying, but whatever...

Network: Le Void (16/16 FULL)

Me
Graham Aker
Archerguy
Chido.
Emeralda
Hadriel
godofwar7
ym639ee6vq5 (MF)
Kyubey
hime XD (MF)
Adachi
zlol365 (MF)
Snowcandy (MF)
swat (MF)
TheRealTeapot - Came back?
Voltorn

Kicked out for inactivity:

Maria.

If you're not from the same network and want to play with someone, ask them to join a new network, such as Le Void2.

Network: Le Void2 (10/16)

* = people not part of the first network.

Me
Kyubey
Adachi
Voltorn
*Rina
godofwar7
swat (MF)
*KH.hayate (MF)
*Crestham
*Wolfnagi

Network: Le Void3 (4/16)

Why are the same people in the 3rd network?

Me
Adachi
Voltorn
Graham Aker

Game Client and Hamachi instructions

When in doubt break glass.

*breaks glass*

Kay, time for ze instructions. Firstly, download the game from here: http://muffin.G2anime.net/Games/MeltyBlood/Melty Blood.rar (credits to [RAINBOW]Emmie[/RAINBOW] for uploading it and doing all the annoying edits, etc...).

After that, you'll need Hamachi. You can get it from their site directly: https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi2/download.aspx

Download the Unmanaged version.

You'll need to install Hamachi. The game, however, doesn't need installing. Simply extract the folder to anywhere you please.

After installing Hamachi join the network that we're all in. Simply click on Network and then Join an existing network. The network name is Le Void and the password is 0. It must be case sensitive. If you type le Void, or Le void, or le void, or whatever, it won't work. It must be exactly Le Void. No comment on the emo emo emo name, kay?

;sweat;
Game Configuration

Next, what you'll need to know is how to run the thing and actually play. Kay, first of all, you may play it with a controller if you have one (isn't that awesome?!), or with the keyboard (set by default). We changed the default keys to QWE, ASD for easy access.

Arrow keys are for movement.

Q(A button) = Quick attack.
W(B button) = Normal attack.
E(C button) = Strong attack.
A(The never used button, lol) = Shields you from 1 attack, drains magic circuit.
S(ABC together) = Power up at 100 magic circuit & power up to Blood Heat when at 300% and in Max Heat (glowing).
D(D Button - oh the irony...) = Counter, Throw

If you have decided to play with a controller, you'll have to open the config_caster.ini file that's located in the main folder and edit the following setting under the [INPUT] section.

InputDevice=255

To:

InputDevice=0

[SPOILERA]
[/SPOILERA]

Save it, and you'll be able to use a controller. Change back to 255 if you decide to use the keyboard again. You may also edit the default attack keys from QWE ASD to whatever suits your fancy. There's a file named keycodes.txt in the same folder as config_caster.ini. It contains the values that represent each button. As you see in the above picture, 0x10 stands for Q, 0x1E stands for A, and so on...
Multiplayer Instructions

To join a multiplayer match you'll have to run mbcaster.exe. A scary dos window will appear with a bunch of numbers, like this~

[SPOILERA]
[/SPOILERA]

You host a game by typing in 1 and hitting enter.
You join a game by typing in 2, hitting enter, followed by the Hamachi IP of the person that's hosting the match. After that you may be prompted to enter a number from 1-10. Simply enter the one that's recommended.
You can even spectate a game in progress by typing in 3, hitting enter, followed by the host's Hamachi IP.

If something malfunctions simply restart the program and try again. Also, spectating may appear to be in fast forward if you joined a match that's already in progress, so it's recommended to join when the players are still in the character select phase.

**There is no pause button. If you hit Esc, the game will close. Likewise if you hit W twice (the back button) when in character select**
Single Player Instructions

For single player you will use mbacPC.exe to run the game. Again, you will have to configure the controls, if you'll want to use the same ones as in the multiplayer. To do so you will have to delete the mbacPC.exe file, find the mbacPC.exe.old file and rename it to mbacPC.exe, so that it replaces the other one. Make a backup of this file, as you might want to configure controls again, if you don't like those, or if you make a mistake.

Now, you go to the folder MB key config. You open mbkeyconfig.exe and on top, where it says EXE, you select the mbacPC.exe file that you just renamed. After that you pick which keys you want to use. If you'll use the same ones as in the other program, then you'll go with QWE ASD from top to bottom. Maybe...

That's why you made the backup~

Basic Training

So you've got everything running. Perhaps you wanted to try the Single Player first, before you meet your untimely demise online, and realized that you got tired of mashing buttons, hoping that things magically go BOOM, and your enemy dies, right?

Here are some basic moves. They're very similar from character to character, but I'll be using my favorite, Kohaku, to perform this simple demonstration.

Press the following buttons in order...

Down, Down, Q

[SPOILERA]
[/SPOILERA]

Down, Down, W

[SPOILERA]
[/SPOILERA]

Down, Down, E (consumes 100 magic circuit, counts as W if it isn't available)

[SPOILERA]
[/SPOILERA]

****REMEMBER, the order of buttons pressed depends on the position of your opponent!***

***The following combos apply only if your opponent is on the right side. If they move to the left side the combo for performing a molotov strike will be Right, Down, Q/W/E instead of Left, Down, Q/W/E. The same applies for the other attack***

**Only one picture here, because the attack is very similar. The strong attack, E, releases multiple molotovs.

[SPOILERA]
[/SPOILERA]

Down, Left, Q

Down, Left, W

Down, Left, E (consumes 100 magic circuit, counts as W if it isn't available)

**Only one picture here, because it's basically the same visual, only a stronger version.

[SPOILERA]
[/SPOILERA]

Down, Right, Q

Down, Right, W

Down, Right, E (consumes 100 magic circuit, counts as W if it isn't available)

You block an attack by moving in the opposite direction of the enemy. That, however, doesn't protect you from kicks, so moving backwards and crouching is the ultimate form of defense.

Although blocking can be countered by walking towards the enemy and using the D button (throw), by using an Arc Drive, and even by the normal abilities of some characters.

When you have at least 100 magic circuit you can manually enter heat mode by pressing S. This will do allow you to do two new things. Firstly, you'll be able to perform an Arc Drive, the ultimate attack of any character. Secondly, it will heal the dark red portion of your HP bar if your character has been damaged, until the Magic Circuit is depleted and the mode ends.

The Magic Circuit can go up to 300%. At 300% you will automatically enter MAX Heat. When in MAX heat you may use strong attacks (E) as much as you please without the fear of losing your magic circuit. After the mode ends you will be left with 200%. You may also press S to go from MAX Heat into Blood Heat. In Blood Heat you may perform an enhanced version of your Arc Drive for more damage, and you can also perform the Final Arc by perfectly timing a block on an attack with the D button (Final Arcs are demonstrated in the introduction video). For some characters you have to block an attack while on the ground, while for others you have to be airborne. That can be considerably harder, especially if your opponent has decided not to attack you, or to defend while you're in Blood Heat.

You do an Arc Drive by tapping the following buttons in order:

Back, Down, Forward, E. It is required that you're in Heat, Max Heat, or Blood Heat mode.

[SPOILERA]
[/SPOILERA]

You can view the full list of combo moves for the character that you're playing by pressing F5 while playing in the Single Player mode, or by going to the following site.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/942390-melty-blood-act-cadenza-verb/faqs/49552

Advanced Training

(Credits to Adachi)

For Aoizaki Aoko, Arcueid Brunestud, and Arima Miyako users:

**NOTE**

A = Q

B = W

C = E

D = D

Legend:

A, B, C, D, = Normal buttons (Depends on how you set your controls)

C = Hard button. Press C button longer (for performing Arc Drive)

Follow = Up or Up + Forward (when doing an Air Combo)

EX Move = Perform the moving using the EX Version (i.e. Down, Down + C)

Arc Drive = Perform your character's Arc Drive.

Throw: Press Forward + E button

Air Throw: Same as above. Only difference is do it in air. (Forward + E or F button)

Aozaki Aoko combos:

Combo 1 = Crouch (Hold down) + A, B, C, Blazing Starmine (Down, Down + A)

Combo 2 = A, B, C, Severe Break (Arc Drive) [MUST BE MAX or BLOOD HEAT]

Combo 3 = A, B, Crouch + B, C, Air Launcher (Down + Forward + C), Follow, A, B, C, Follow, C, Follow, C, Raining Starmine (EX Move) [MUST HAVE 100% or more]

Combo 4 = Crouch + A, A, B, C, Air Launcher (Down+Forward + C), Follow, A, B, C, Follow, B, C, Follow C, Air Throw.

Combo 5 = Jump in, C, Lands on ground, A, Crouch + A, B, C, Air Launcher, Follow, A, B, C, Follow, B, C, Follow C, Air Throw.

Arcueid Brunestud combos:

Combo 1 = A, B, C, Jama yo!, Soko!, Osuwari! (Perform all A button versions)

Combo 2 = Crouch + A, B, C, Naniyatteruno! (Forward, Down, Down+Forward + A), Forward + A / B / C

Combo 3 = A, B, C, Marble Phantasam (Arc Drive) [MUST BE MAX or BLOOD HEAT]

Combo 4 = Crouch + A, B, C, Air Launcher (Back + B), C, Follow, A, B, C, Tobe! (EX Move) [MUST HAVE 100% or more]

Combo 5 = A, B, Crouch + B, C, Release Down, C, C, Automatic Follow Up, C, Follow, A, B, C, Tobe! (Down, Down + B), Kiero! (Forward + C) [MUST HAVE 100% or more]

Combo 6 = Jump in, B, Lands on ground, A, B, Crouch + B, C, Air Launcher (Down + Forward + B), Follow, A, B, C, Follow, B, C, Tobe! (Down, Down + B), Kiero! (Forward + C) [MUST HAVE 100% or more]

Combo 7 = A, B, Crouch + B, C, C, Marble Phantasm (Arc Drive).

Combo 8 = Jump in, B, C, Lands on ground, A, Crouch + A, B, C, Air Launcher (Down + Forward + B), Follow, A, B, C, Follow, B, C, Air Throw.

Arima Miyako combos:

Combo 1 = A, B, C, Renkantai (Forward, Down, Down+Forward + A)

Combo 2 = A, B, C, Choushinchuu, Tetsuzanko (Forward + A), Choushinchuu (EX Move) [MUST HAVE 100% or more]

Combo 3 = A, B, C, Kyuukyoku Ougi (Arc Drive) [MUST BE MAX or BLOOD HEAT)

Combo 4 = A, B, Crouch + C, Air Launcher (Forward + C), Follow (Up), B, C, Follow (Up + Forward), B, C, Renkantai (EX Move). [MUST HAVE 100% or more]

Combo 5 = A, B, Forward + B, C, Choushinchuu, Tetsuzanko (Forward + A), Renkantai (EX Move), Follow B, C, Renkantai (Normal or EX Move) or Air Throw. [MUST HAVE 100% / 200% or more]

Combo 6 = Throw, Crouch + C, B, Air Launcher, Follow, A, B, C, Follow, B, C, Air Throw or Renkantai (EX Move) [MUST HAVE 100% or more]

Combo 7 = Crouch + A, B, Release down, B, Forward + B, C, Choushinchuu, Tetsuzanko (Forward + A), Senshippo (EX Move) *enemy will hit the wall and bounce*, B, Air Launcher (Forward + C), Follow (Up), B, C, Follow, B, C, Air Throw or Renkantai (EX Move). [MUST HAVE 100% / 200% or more]

-----

This isn't much yet since most combos that you'll be doing for Sacchin are combos on the ground. She doesn't have an Air Launcher nor have the ability to Air Combo.

Legend:

Blowback Edge = Also known as Charged attack. Good example would be Satsuki's C button, if charged / hold for 2-3 seconds will deal more damage but also launch an opponent and make them bounce rendering them to be attacked again.

NOTE: I'll be putting some name changes / edits for Satsuki's moves, most notably the Sacchin Arm.

Sacchin Arm = Down, Down+Forward, Forward + A, B, or C (EX Move)

Upward Sacchin Arm = Forward, Down, Down+Forward + A, B, or C (EX Move)

Yumizuka Satsuki (Sacchin)

Combo 1 = A, B, C, Sacchin Arm (A Version or EX Move)

Combo 2 = Crouch + A, B, C, Release Down, C, Upward Sacchin Arm (A version or EX Move)

Combo 3 = A, B, C, Okottandakara (Arc Drive) [MUST BE MAX or BLOOD HEAT]

Combo 4 = Jump in, C (Blowback Edge), land, C (Blowback Edge), Jump in, C (Blowback Edge), land, Upward Sacchin Arm (EX Move), Jama Shinai de (Down, Down, + B or EX Move).

You'll have to ask nod for that, goddo. Maybe you could persuade him to come here? He can do great aerial combos with Arcueid. I dunno how to do crazy stunts like that.

Molotov spam FTW!!

;hello;

That set looks like Kyon from Haruhi with a modified face.

Lovely~

:3

Anyways, ya gonna contribute your move list for Arcueid? ;aww;

What do you mean contribute?

I am not good with Arcueid. :devil:

Might be with Aoko. Well, I'll think about it.

Need to work anyway so yeah, whatever.

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Ciel pawns all!!!!!

Yup, even Kohaku xD

EDIT: Seeing some people who use Arc....

I don't like Arc, her move list is tough......

Prefer Neko-Arc thought

Beam Spam FTW!!!!!!!

Ahaha, goddo uses Shiki and we're pretty evenly matched out, but don't waste your time with characters you don't like just to beat me. I'd recommend you use the character you like the most and just get better over time. That's what I do. Unless I'm really bored. Then I go random...

Or if my opponent isn't using the character s/he's more proficient with. Then I'm okay with picking someone else, as we're both probably going to do a lot of things at random. Ahaha...

Well, as long as you're having fun.

:]

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Rah']Ahaha, goddo uses Shiki and we're pretty evenly matched out, but don't waste your time with characters you don't like just to beat me. I'd recommend you use the character you like the most and just get better over time. That's what I do. Unless I'm really bored. Then I go random...

Or if my opponent isn't using the character s/he's more proficient with. Then I'm okay with picking someone else, as we're both probably going to do a lot of things at random. Ahaha...

Well, as long as you're having fun.

:][/QUOTE]

I shall master the vampire guy one day! :eek:k...:

I will soon put up Basic Combos for everyone.

Look forward to it. And the catchphrase of my character.

Beaches and Shores~