Changes made and Changes to be made to the AG section

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
Those of you who may have visited the AG dictionary lately may have noticed that a certain 'it' is running amok the thread, making havoc and editing the dictionary to make it more comprehensible for new players. The editing is almost complete, but there's one thing I need your help with:

Should I or should I not, start from scratch, the tactics named after players and AG tactics portion of the AGD?

Second change to be made - I will personally pester each and every one of you to leave a review in the review center for every game you have played from the point of creation of this thread. You may get lucky if I'm too busy to do so. In which case I'll ask someone else to do it.

Third - the Rotten Cherry list does not seem to serve much purpose now, and even back in MF, hosts didn't really refer to the cherrylist during sign-ups, they just signed everyone up. So, should we keep the cherrylist or not?

Lastly, I would like to make an appeal to the newer players to try hosting. It's real fun coming up with the game itself, and as the game progresses, there are many funny moments where players fail so bad. If you're afraid to host a big game on your virgin first game, I would recommend doing something simple.

By the way, anyone who doesn't give their views dies, rawr :3

:dance:

Pimp

Follower of kiyology
Should I or should I not, start from scratch, the tactics named after players and AG tactics portion of the AGD?
Only if you want more work
Second change to be made - I will personally pester each and every one of you to leave a review in the review center for every game you have played from the point of creation of this thread. You may get lucky if I'm too busy to do so. In which case I'll ask someone else to do it.
I see no problem with this as long as it doesnt have to be long
Third - the Rotten Cherry list does not seem to serve much purpose now, and even back in MF, hosts didn't really refer to the cherrylist during sign-ups, they just signed everyone up. So, should we keep the cherrylist or not?
Nah just Mark with with a scarlet letter type award so that you can visible see it under their name instead of having to go back and forth to a list.
Lastly, I would like to make an appeal to the newer players to try hosting. It's real fun coming up with the game itself, and as the game progresses, there are many funny moments where players fail so bad. If you're afraid to host a big game on your virgin first game, I would recommend doing something simple.
Not until i gain more experince

Well I'd love to have a tactic named after me, but I doubt that's going to happen even if we restart that so I don't really care. Maybe just make an effort to add new ones and rename any tactics named after people who aren't here or have changed their names since the tactic was made?

After hosting I would kind of appreciate this... I felt my game was terrible, but I somehow manage to think I'm great while simultaneously thinking I can never accomplish anything so I don't know how much of that was just me blaming myself unreasonably. Some people gave non-specific positive comments about it but no detailed reviews.

On the other hand, I am lazy and terrible at reviews. I also can't remember every AG I've participated in, and don't want to leave an incomplete review for all the games where I died in the first few days... How about it's only required if you lived to the end?

Like Pimpd said, I would prefer if it was just supplemented with a more concrete and visible notice of whether someone is on the list, or maybe just make anybody who is on the list repeatedly get actually banned from the AG section altogether.

Well now you tell me to do something simple -_- I can speak from experience that you need to get a hold on the organizational aspect before you try to add a lot of systems. I would recommend more forcefully encouraging people who haven't hosted at all into running a "simple" AG that just has things named according to whatever theme they like.

Sanae

Staff member
Good thing about the Rotten Cherry List is that it did inform of those who half assed things activity wise (I'm guilty of this at times..), but being on the Rotten Cherry List kinda guarantees that the player will be given a pain villager role, so that may turn them away from playing :-? Although, the good thing is that, it does help a host identify who is good for a major role and who is not ^__^

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
On the other hand, I am lazy and terrible at reviews. I also can't remember every AG I've participated in, and don't want to leave an incomplete review for all the games where I died in the first few days... How about it's only required if you lived to the end?
True, actually. Only someone who was alive long enough and active enough to see what the host has done is probably in a better position to put up a review. Let me think about it.

noex1337

Emmie was here
I wonder what kind of tactics would be named after me......

Also, I could possibly host a simple game, but i'm unimaginative, so there would be no story at all.

I wish you told me about this earlier hammy.

Finding your changes to be of the better.

Cherry List itself not needed but something of an award under the Player's name/profile like the Pimp said'll do the trick though with the sometimes lack of numbers as an excuse we just add them as fodder - what Sanae said is a good point though.

Still would prefer you not change the tactics/meanings that are already placed but you can feel free to add new terms. At the very least inform me via MSN or PM if you plan to do anything big with the dictionary.

I'll leave that up to you.

I'm no good at writing reviews...

Rotten Cherry List? What the deuce is that?

I'd prefer to get more of an idea about the ongoings of AGs before hosting one myself.

By the way, anyone who doesn't give their views dies, rawr :3
So... I escaped death?