Based on Japanese Mythology

Who else here realized that Naruto's creator used Japanese mythology as a base for his own great story ;hmm;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukuyomi <~~~~ many more where that can from its like the whole uchiha clan came from jap myths ;nono;

the 7 lucky gods remind me of Pien ;hmm;

and obviously the nine tailed fox was also apart of jap myths~

Sanae

Staff member
The Nine Tails Fox ^^? Yeah ^^ One of the things I love about anime in general ^^ Lots of Japanese mythology elements in them ^^

Lol, I was going to make a Mythology thread sooner or later xD Promise me you won't think I'm copying you?

♣Kaname Madoka♣

Kisimoto tries to make Shintoism into a joke with his story its disgusting to be honest..... I'm surprised that he hasn't included Miko, or even a kappa... -__- I mean really... <---- had more to say but stoped since forginers seem to worship the man like he's Heisei Tenno....

[quote name='Sanae']The Nine Tails Fox ^^? Yeah ^^ One of the things I love about anime in general ^^ Lots of Japanese mythology elements in them ^^

Lol, I was going to make a Mythology thread sooner or later xD Promise me you won't think I'm copying you?[/QUOTE]

well i thought it was creative what he did with the myths by trying fit them into his own story, lol of course not i was just thinking about it also, if you want i can get rid of this thread so you can make it ;nono;

[quote name='"????"']Kisimoto tries to make Shintoism into a joke with his story its disgusting to be honest..... I'm surprised that he hasn't included Miko, or even a kappa... -__- I mean really... <---- had more to say but stoped since forginers seem to worship the man like he's Heisei Tenno....[/QUOTE]

Well, I do agree that Kishimoto left out certain subtleties in the concept of Shintoism he explored in the manga, but it makes it more interesting. I mean, if he were to follow it exactly, it would be like reading a history textbook.

♣Kaname Madoka♣

but its offensive to those of us who know or follow that faith....

maybe he wanted to share his culture with the rest of the world in a different way im sure he didnt mean to offend those who believe in those myths and such ;hmm;

i agree with hadriel, he didnt follow those stories exactly but the way he used them for his own purpose was creative to mee ;nono;

I know, but people have to take such things with a pinch of salt. I mean, look at the many mangas using Christian and Catholic themes. Their depiction of the religion is ridiculously exaggerated at best, what with all the weird rituals and statues and candles, but in the end it's just fiction. There is no way you can write objective fiction.

[quote name='Hadriel']I know, but people have to take such things with a pinch of salt. I mean, look at the many mangas using Christian and Catholic themes. Their depiction of the religion is ridiculously exaggerated at best, what with all the weird rituals and statues and candles, but in the end it's just fiction. There is no way you can write objective fiction.[/QUOTE]

i hear what your saying and your right all in all its just fiction, its not the actual thing ;nono;

♣Kaname Madoka♣

no I'm just saying that it gives everyone a bad impression for example this thread

myth myth myth... its not myth... its a religion... very difference... either its him cauing people to take it lightly or... westreners assume anything thats not what they believe is "Myth" and superstition.... >_>

thats what pisses off most Japanese about his work.... well for me its that + its gotten a bit redundant

♣Kaname Madoka♣

I don't see the difference between this and say Islam.... not attacking Islam

I'm saying theres nothing wrong with either

yup none of us really see eachother is the same lighting

its sad and i wish it was different but its the way the world is...

p.s arent you christan yuiki??? ;hmm;

♣Kaname Madoka♣

yes... well I would've been if I wasn't a lesbian.... and well Shinto was my religion before....

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
kishi uses pretty much a hell lot of myths and stuff in his manga.

theres the kyuubi(nine tail fox story)

then theres the iznanagi,tsukuyomi,amaterasu ,susano'o legend for the sharingan.

the two swords kusanagi and totsuka..

the manga itself is basically a walking collection of japanese myths.

just not sure wether the myths are right or what...since im not jap

Jimzy

I never knew that... But it seems like he's really trying to relate the myths in his story...

And now that I've seen the wiki-page, I feel that the main pro is op-ed. it's all for Uchihas. ._.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Johnzy']I never knew that... But it seems like he's really trying to relate the myths in his story...

And now that I've seen the wiki-page, I feel that the main pro is op-ed. it's all for Uchihas. ._.
[/QUOTE]

Wakakaka! Uchihas FTW :grin:

Sanae

Staff member
It's alright, Evy :love:

Hmm, I guess there will always be those who don't like this or don't like that :-? It's understandable though ^^ It's true that Nine Tails is an element in Naruto, but he did add in his own creativity.. Which, alot of other creators do to.. Kinda like when someone makes a role play ^^ They will pull inspiration from this or that and put their own mix into it ^^

There's also many other anime out there that has myths (or based off of religion) that adds their own twist ^^ Such as, Ayashi no Ceres (Swan Maiden) <3