Astral=Science? Is there a connection?

Xiga

I used the word Astral in the title in lack of a better word.

I have been following a youtuber called jordandchnycz, a guy who has read a lot about sacred geometry, history and science, as well as Spiritual, astral and religious perspectives.

He's creating a small youtube serries which is called Spirit Science, where he shows, and points out aspects of evolution and thoughts about sensitive questions such as religion, meaning of life, and afterlife, by combinating scientific/archaeological/historical findings with religious/philosophical/spiritual scripts and theories.

My question is, What are your thoughts about this? About his videos? About the theorys? Input?
Serious discussion and inputs about how you view these videos and the question that is around it would be nice, since I'm curious of how he is viewed by others than me.
Me? I'm not really sure how to formulate myself about what I think of the videos. The easiest but shortest way, is to say that I am fascinated by his thoughts around the subject. I am eager to learn more, and have started reading the Flower of Life PDF's that he provided. The longer way of saying it is that I am skeptical to his theory's, and I really want the sources of his information assumptions. But overall, much of the things that he has shown is relate-able or things I've heard off somewhere before. That is why I don't completely block this out.

Ive provided links below.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Hmmm, his first episode does contain quite a few flawed things, and he makes assertions without providing any form of proof for them. If two people think about apples, it doesnt mean that they both tap from a 'spiritual dimension of thoughts' under the category apple. At least, there is no proof to suggest that.

Psychics are more often then not confirmed frauds.

No, we dont know everything about our mind/brain.

And willing something really bad doesnt always make it happen. No doubt it can work to make you feel better, but it has other reasons. And even then, there are quite a few limitations to it.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Hm...It sounds like it.
Pseudo science begins with a hypothesis,usually one which is appealing emotionally, and spectacularly implausible,and then looks only for items which appear to support it.

Joe Blow puts jello on his head and his headache goes away.
To pseudoscience, this means jello cures headaches.
To science this means nothing, since no experiment was done.
Many things were going on when Joe Blow's headache went away—the moon was full, a bird flew overhead, the window was open, Joe had on his red shirt, etc.—and his headache would have gone away eventually in any case, no matter what.

A controlled experiment would put many people suffering from headaches in identical circumstances, except for the presence or absence of the remedy it is desired to test, and compare the results which would then have some chance of being meaningful.

Many people think there must be something to astrology because a newspaper horoscope describes them perfectly.
But close examination would reveal that the description is general enough to cover virtually everyone.
This phenomenon, called subjective validation, is one of the foundations of popular support for pseudoscience.