Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ancient weapons/Modern Warfare

• Modern weapons/Ancient Warfare

• Total voters

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Avan Onee-chan']lol? you have no knowledge what so ever in modern warfare ._. nuclear bombs is used as a threat since using it will make you an enemy of the world nyah. Ancient weapons for me is spears, swords, catapults, trebuchets, burning oil etc etc.

Nuclear warfare=//= modern warfare[/QUOTE]

modern warfare is not very strategy heavy...

all you do is use firepower to overpower the enemy.

thats all there is to MW to me....well of course strategic planning and taking over of strategic location is still involved. but mostly...MW is....guns and booms

[quote name='Graham Aker']modern warfare is not very strategy heavy...

all you do is use firepower to overpower the enemy.

thats all there is to MW to me....well of course strategic planning and taking over of strategic location is still involved. but mostly...MW is....guns and booms[/QUOTE]

The strategy and tactics is still there, its just with all the explosives and firepower that it overpowers it.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Avan Onee-chan']The strategy and tactics is still there, its just with all the explosives and firepower that it overpowers it.[/QUOTE]

thats why modern warfare cant exist with ancient weapons. thus its invalid....

modern warfare relies too heavily on firepower....

[quote name='Graham Aker']thats why modern warfare cant exist with ancient weapons. thus its invalid....

modern warfare relies too heavily on firepower....[/QUOTE]

Which is why we had Catapults and trebuchets! D: modern warfare is about using overpowering force, and not cunning strategy. Its not about using explosives all the time, and in truth "modern warfare" is in all the eras since it was modern during they're time period.

1.1 Asymmetric

1.2 Biological

1.3 Chemical

1.4 Electronic

1.5 Fourth generation

1.6 Ground

1.7 Guerrilla

1.8 Intelligence

1.9 Naval

1.10 Network-centric

1.11 Nuclear

1.12 Space

The different types of warfares.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Avan Onee-chan']Which is why we had Catapults and trebuchets! D: modern warfare is about using overpowering force, and not cunning strategy. Its not about using explosives all the time, and in truth "modern warfare" is in all the eras since it was modern during they're time period.

1.1 Asymmetric

1.2 Biological

1.3 Chemical

1.4 Electronic

1.5 Fourth generation

1.6 Ground

1.7 Guerrilla

1.8 Intelligence

1.9 Naval

1.10 Network-centric

1.11 Nuclear

1.12 Space

The different types of warfares.[/QUOTE]

thats basically why it doesnt fit with ancient weapons.

Ancient weapons in a way is moderation since neither side really has powerful weapons against the other.

only 1.7 1.8 and 1.9 seems to fit ancient weapons/modern warfare

I prefer the ancient weapons and warfare...

Back then, you need to train yourself so hard to be an expert on your field.

In the modern times, the one who has the bigger stick wins (or so I quote from Iron Man) so yeah a big red button is as powerful as a nuclear attack.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Kulitman']I prefer the ancient weapons and warfare...

Back then, you need to train yourself so hard to be an expert on your field.

In the modern times, the one who has the bigger stick wins (or so I quote from Iron Man) so yeah a big red button is as powerful as a nuclear attack.[/QUOTE]

Yep!

Comrade!

lets go hound our battle skills. XD

Well at least back then, the fights are epic (or what they did on war movies of the ancient times).

You need skill to earn respect...today.. you need money to gain respect... XD

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Kulitman']Well at least back then, the fights are epic (or what they did on war movies of the ancient times).

You need skill to earn respect...today.. you need money to gain respect... XD[/QUOTE]

yes that right. the ancient warfare was really good. you needed skill and you needed a brain to think of a good stratagem

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
[quote name='Kulitman']In the modern times, the one who has the bigger stick wins (or so I quote from Iron Man) so yeah a big red button is as powerful as a nuclear attack.[/quote]

Vietnam? Iraq? Afghanistan? Almost any conflict the US army ground forces got deployed en masse? It clearly shows that you are wrong. The guy with the bigger stick does not automatically win, even if he has the power to turn this whole world in a radioactive waste land. No, strategy matters, weapons hardly. Funny enough, this is also why you guys waste enormous sums of money on military R&D while its never gonna benefit anyone.

Personally, I think the best kind of warfare is a total war, like in the second world war. Devote all resources to the fight, include everyone, nothing is sacred. Massive artillery flattening entire cities. Thousands perish in the fight for ground. Destruction everywhere. This is the best kind of fight. And why? Because this is the only war that works. Because it reminds people how terrible a war is, and that it should be avoided. That is a message that can only be driven home after you watched your city get flattened and your family dies. Screw laser guided missiles and the idea of fighting a war where only bad guys die. Thats just deluding yourself and it doesnt work well. Look at any conflict after the Korean war.

Ancient warfare with just swords and sticks is the same. Its to limited in its aspect, thats why it happened so much. Only the armies and perhaps some local villages were affected by it.

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Anyway, I really do think that Ancient Warfare is better to my liking.

Simply because modern strategy is much more complicated than Ancient......

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
^wolfnagi i think you meant the other way round?

Ancient warfare was MUCH MUCH more complicated than modern warfare where everything can be solved with a simple button.

Anyway im glad that many agrees with me that Ancient weapons/Warfare were better!

COOLER! More BADASS! and finally...more skills & brains

godofwar7

Ancient Warfare > lets recruit the farmers!

Modern Warfare > We gotta train these soldiers for years before theyre ready.

*this is in response to kulitman's statement*

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='godofwar7']Ancient Warfare > lets recruit the farmers!

Modern Warfare > We gotta train these soldiers for years before theyre ready.

*this is in response to kulitman's statement*[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly even the farmers can do better than trained soldiers...."scared"

in modern warfare. all you need to do is to be able to operate a gun and shoot.

even train soldiers can get shoot down by commoners with a gun.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
[quote name='Graham Aker']^wolfnagi i think you meant the other way round?

Ancient warfare was MUCH MUCH more complicated than modern warfare where everything can be solved with a simple button.

Anyway im glad that many agrees with me that Ancient weapons/Warfare were better!

COOLER! More BADASS! and finally...more skills & brains[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. Modern Warfare is way more complicated then ancient warfare. Its on a much larger scale, it requires planning, there are supply lines you need to think of, and no, its not just pushing a button. Thats as stupid as saying that ancient warfare is just swinging around a big stick.

A commoner with a gun can kill a fully armed and trained soldier if hes luck, just like a commoner can stab a knight with a sword if hes lucky. Hehehe, actually, medieval armies pretty much consisted of just that: peasants.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name=''[lexus'];51477']I beg to differ. Modern Warfare is way more complicated then ancient warfare. Its on a much larger scale, it requires planning, there are supply lines you need to think of, and no, its not just pushing a button. Thats as stupid as saying that ancient warfare is just swinging around a big stick.

A commoner with a gun can kill a fully armed and trained soldier if hes luck, just like a commoner can stab a knight with a sword if hes lucky. Hehehe, actually, medieval armies pretty much consisted of just that: peasants.[/QUOTE]

Modern Warfare is way more complicated then ancient warfare.
it only took 6 hours for operation Dessert storm to end.

Modern Warfare is on a much larger scale than ancient warfare? OH WOW. ITS SO NOT OBVIOUS THAT SHIPS AND PLANES CAN TRAVEL ACROSS WORLDS. :-.-:

Modern warfare requires planning. WOW so ancient warfare does not?

You know in fact you dont need to plan. If they wanted to. Countries with nuclear missiles could just spam them and annihilate other weaker countries if not for the consideration of the civilians.

there are supply lines you need to think of, and no, its not just pushing a button
BTW i find it very stupid that you even mention supply lines. What kind of war does not require supply?

and Yes MW is not about pushing a button. But it could just be very well summarized by that if country likes America didnt give shit about civilians lifes.

BTW:I call bullshit on MW being more complicated than AW.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
[quote name='Voltorn']lol

I'm quite fond of Art of War, but it's not old enough to be an ancient stuff. xD[/QUOTE]

o_O

isnt that a movie?

or you referring to Sun Tzu's art of war?(thats ancient BTW)