Status
Not open for further replies.
Jihaaaaaaaaaaad.

nuff said.

If we do get destroyed by ourselves (other humans), we'd all have to blame Oppelheimer, since its because of him we can even fuck ourselves over and then some.

2012 marks the end of the Mayan Calendar. If the end of a calendar really spelt our doom, then we'd have died many times over every New Year's Eve.

So you believe that we'll end ourselves? Fair enough. Although I very much doubt that we'll have a global scale nuclear war. We might have wars for territory and resources, which would, in time, fuck us over, but a nuclear war... I kinda doubt it...

A third world war is very possible. Yet I doubt that we'll fight the fourth one with sticks and stones, like Einstein said. A third world war would be probably a very long thing. Besides, why destroy all of the perfectly good infrastructure, when you can simply replace the populace? Controlled chemical, or isolated biological attacks are a better option. I think that nobody wants to conquer a barren, desolate, and on top of all, radioactive wasteland, right?

We might need another thread... I have just the idea...

Of course I don't think that direct nuclear attack is what'll happen but rather nuclear resources will be hunted.

You know the crisis with the Daichi plant in Japan? Say someone attacks a nuclear plant and then a Chernobyl occurs, that's still nuclear warfare, although indirectly.

But yeah WW3 will be a very long and drawn out thing

2012? the end

LIES!!!!

the larger the human population grows the following ALWAYS comes out as a result

~more conflicts (territory, resources, etc)

~expansion (seriously, more people = more space needed, more space = expand to areas previously uninhabited)

~and with expansion, human populated areas get hit more often by natural calamities which results in more damage to property and casualties.

seriously, why do people connect the silliest of things together, if they wanna die so be it

@Haddy

cool story bro

the mayan calendar ended because they disappeared/died out/conquered... common sense much...

meh, I'll enjoy watching the people who will commit suicide on 2012....

LMAO!

Why would they commit suicide? Is that some sort of fear induced phenomena? Hmm, we have a good year and a half to go, rayt? I do wonder if there won't be a big ass worldwide revolution before it, or some other crisis. Maybe we'll be visited by friendly aliens, that will help us...

Blow up other planets...

Ahahaha...

xDD

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Hmmmm, 2012...

Earlier notice for you guys,

If I died earlier than you guys and it haven't even reach 2012, then maybe, just maybe, it would happen.

Other than that, LIES~!!!!!

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Lets be honest, if the end comes, its going to be humanity's fault. Thats pretty clear right now, but I don't buy the 2012 BS. If you look back on the past, there are rumors like this all the time - Y2K Anyone?

BS is BS, though it makes a fun topic to talk about~

TheRealTeapot said:
People went suicide crazy for the turn of the century and there are enough emo's in the world to commit suicide

Imagine the headlines...

the world would be grateful for it...

less people = less space

= less pollution

= more free resources

I agree w/ viva

BS is BS

Ahahaha, note that these are all still just our opinions. We won't know what will happen; if anything at all...

It's interesting to think and talk about. I do agree that humanity will ultimately fuck itself over. It's kinda sad actually, but yeah, it might as well be inevitable. We're simply growing too fast. While our technological advancements are faster and faster, we're still far from the point when we'll be able to colonize other worlds. And even by the point when we'll be able to build a base on the moon, or on Mars, the problem would be actually sending people there. After all, we're all born on Earth, and we can't just waltz over there, can we?

pfffffff, nothing will happen on december 21 of 2012 and it will be forever remember as the day when half of the earth looked stupid.

Sanae

Staff member
Actually, the end of the world has been postponed ^__^; According to an article I read on Yahoo, they said they calculated the wrong date and 2012 isn't the end of the world.. Although, now there's no idea when that is ^_^ Or, if it has already happened ~(O_O)~

That last part (not sure if it happened already or not), reminds me of Haruhi Suzumiya xD The episode where it was just her and Kyon in another closed space (not sure what to call it) and he was going on about not knowing what will happen tomorrow.. If the world would end and we didn't even notice it. I wonder if that could be the case :-? It's an interesting angel as well if you really think of it :-?

For some reason, the movie 2012 did scare me xD I guess it was mostly the massive volcano element.. They scare me for some reason >_> xD;

*sigh* if the end is to come, just keep in mind it's to come to everyone (orz.. ), so that does bring one some comfort... xD;;;

As for the man made destruction, I can see how people are viewing that to be possible.. I mean, look at the US.. There was a threat of a Government Shutdown >_> They said it's happened before, but not as bad as this one, but that's a totally whole nother topic xD

*Double sigh* Sorry to go all pacifist on you all, but if people did actually work together, maybe there wouldn't be so much chaos amongst ourselves T_T I understand though, too much drama has been enbedded (sp) already to change that :\

Too much corruption in the system to make it happen. We'd have to unify under a common cause. Only that way we can set our differences apart and work together for our mutual benefits...

The Mayan thing didn't have much credibility to begin with. The problem is the current state of world affairs, as I summarized, in part, in the opening post.

But, I guess that a worldwide catastrophe would be like a breath of fresh air. I wonder if humanity would unite to face a common crisis, or still war each other amidst it.

Yet if things turned out like in the 2012 movie, then we wouldn't even have anything to unite under, since the whole world would just go berserk...

I disagree. Ze truth is the truth. Mayan foreseen this -

8D

On topic

Its all BS.

EroLussion said:
meh, I'll enjoy watching the people who will commit suicide on 2012....

Rah said:
LMAO!

Why would they commit suicide? Is that some sort of fear induced phenomena?

The same shit that happen in 1999.

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
:shrug:

i dont think its really gonna be end of the world...

i wish it did though.

at least when i die i will get to see something spectacular like supernova and tell the guy next to me

"dude did you see that?!"

and die.

i really hate dying a plain death....

Rah said:
No, not the movie. Although it was a good movie...

Anyways, thread says it all.

While personally I do not believe in the end of the world by the end of 2012, I do think it's an interesting topic. With the Japanese natural disaster, war in Libya, escalating tensions in various other middle-eastern countries, and not to mention the ever increasing population and poverty of the world, because of the migrating businesses to other, cheaper locations (i.e. China), political corruption running rampant throughout the globe, the banking crashes, US debt, Euro crisis, and other things, it's only a wonder that we're still in one piece after this long.

If we aren't exterminated by a 3rd party, such as a galactic force (comets, asteroids, gamma rays, magical black holes appearing out of nowhere, Kyuubey, etc...), or even aliens at that, we might just do a good job at it by ourselves. With potable water running short, and with the state of current world affairs, I very much doubt that the leading governments will have the brains to invest in alternative means of attaining potable water, instead of waging war with other countries for it.

But I digress, this thread is made for your opinions on the matter, not to discuss about the current world affairs... Will we end ourselves, be overtaken by a 3rd force, will God descend on our puny rock and judge us all, will there be a horrible pandemic, killing billions, or will the technology we're creating at ever faster speeds overwhelm us in the end? What are your thoughts on the matter?

Also, all hail the mighty ancient ones! All hail our lord Cthulhu!!
I think you are overrating us by far, that the universe doesn't give a shit about us.

Status
Not open for further replies.