What got you into anime?

C

Carnage

I saw some anime girls on a website. I asked what it was, then I searched a random anime, watched it (Fate/Stay Night). And I was sold to anime.

N

narutimateguy

I would have to say definitely Dragonball and sailor moon, both of those were on early morning saturdays, sailormoon was everyday i think, but those two shows got me and all my bros into anime, They were soooo great. Dragonball is still awesome

U

Unleashed

Gundam Wing was the first anime i loved.

It is probably why i love mecha anime so much now

Go Code Geass lol

W

whitedragon007

i love it since my childhood i never thought of disliking it the more i think of anime the more i get to like it

T

tekkaman101

i got into due to robotech and voltron first anime isaw subbed was macross plus and neon genisis eva and macross 7 back in the day i used to get a lot of model kits from all the mecha shows at one stage i had a whole room in my house full of models till my now ex wife went threw adn destroyed them all when we split

C

chally298

I was flipping through channels bored when I saw a show called Inuyasha.

Since there was nothing else I turned it on.Now I'm hooked for life!

Slam Dunk, because i like Sakuragi stubbornness and idiotic face. i like his attitude, claiming the greatest basketball player in Japan. he knows nothing. huhu... then i kept looking for anime with character like Sakuragi. then, i just got stuck with anime.

Sanae

Staff member
The art style is one thing I remember from seeing anime long ago ^^ I didn't realize it before, but once I saw the familiar art style, I automatically recognized it later in life ^^ The rest came later.. You don't really pay attention to plot at the age of 5 lol

Voltorn

Enjoying life
I never laughed much when I watch anime before. I thought anime wouldn't be as funny as those comedians on TV.

But Hayate the Combat Butler proves me wrong ^^

It's so funny when they beeped whenever they tried to say something that has been copyrighted. xD

And there are so many parodies (I didn't understand most of them though and yugioh parody ftw). xD

But what made me got addicted to it was the moment of Hayate x Nagi. It was a very powerful moment for me. It was around episode 8 of season 1. >_____________________<

I was very innocent that time, so I couldn't stand the blushing and stuffs.~

Anyway, Hayate x Nagi FTW because they are the reason why I'm still watching anime 'til now ^^

Shadow_Strider

Oderint Dum Metuant
Like many others in this thread I got hooked with Dragon Ball Z, it aired on Cartoon Networks Toonami line up and I watched it after school.

ah fond memories lol.

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
[quote name='Voltorn' timestamp='1307516811' post='148966']

I never laughed much when I watch anime before. I thought anime wouldn't be as funny as those comedians on TV.

But Hayate the Combat Butler proves me wrong ^^

It's so funny when they beeped whenever they tried to say something that has been copyrighted. xD

And there are so many parodies (I didn't understand most of them though and yugioh parody ftw). xD

But what made me got addicted to it was the moment of Hayate x Nagi. It was a very powerful moment for me. It was around episode 8 of season 1. >_____________________<

I was very innocent that time, so I couldn't stand the blushing and stuffs.~

Anyway, Hayate x Nagi FTW because they are the reason why I'm still watching anime 'til now ^^

[/quote]

This, minus the pairing.

Which brings me to MF, where I start reading the manga and discuss it at AS and later, MF

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
I've been rolling anime since about 1990. Back in the day the Sci-Fi channel used to be cool, partially because it was one of the first American networks to start showing anime. I saw a lot of greats from the Land of the Rising Sun but what really got me into anime was the legendary Vampire Hunter D.

A series of novels written by Hideyuki Kikuchi since the 70s I believe, Vampire Hunter D was turned into an anime back in 1985. I saw it years later in 1991. I've been hooked on anime since.

Not only was Vampire Hunter D mindblowing, but I actually have to hand it to the Sci-Fi channel for their equally badass promos for the anime. Vampire Hunter D had a narrative, art style, action scenes, and music that were very unusual back in the day.

Granted there are a lot of anime out and there have been a ton since then. But the original Vampire Hunter D is the model horror anime.

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
[quote name='Swat' timestamp='1307563765' post='149269']

Hayate no gotoku got me into anime and manga!

im serious

[/quote]

lol,

What's with many people becoming otaku from HnG -.-"

Alyss

=Vampiress=
I think it was my cousin.... LOL
I never even knew what it was until she showed me :3
Think she was watching Inuyasha....