Water On MARS!!

(SPACE.com reported that NASA had found evidence of water on Mars. The tremendous discovery fuels hope for microbial life on the Red Planet. It also makes a human mission to Mars more practical.)

So what do you think about it? Will we start a new civilization on the planet mars?

not for a long time because first of all it takes way to long to get there and I mean we haven't even gotten a single person there yet. On top of that we had enough trouble getting working "buggy's" or what ever there called there. On top of that as of yet there isn't really enough room on the multi-billion dollar shuttle to get building supplies there and then figure out a way to get there to be enough oxygen. so to say the least there won't be any colonization in any of our life times and maybe not even our children's life possibly in our grad children's lives but still doubtful to me.

Krahe

Full of bees
NASA's been speculating about water on Mars for years now, so I suppose it could mean that there's simple, single-celled life on Mars.

Colonization of our red neighbor won't happen for many years, though NASA is planning a colony on the Moon, and, IIRC, it's planned to be opperational by 2020 and inhabitable by 2024. The colony was said to be a launch pad towards a manned mission to Mars.

They also said something about retireing the Space Shuttle, though I can't recall a date, if one was given.

ko_kid

if we ever start life on mars we all are gonna be dead and gone cause its gonna be a long time from now.also we have to find away to get all the way there.