Subs or Dubs?

Subs or Dubs

• Total voters

Kenzou

pink spider
I like certain dubs. Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Dragonballz, Yu Yu Hakusho and MSG 08th MS Team.

I find American humor boring, so I like subs better. But I would watch the above shows dubbed a million times before i even try the subs.

M

Moe_B8

subs, the english voices just don't do justice. i can understand it thou, the japanese voice actors take it very seriously and try to get into the character. the create little character traits and sound affects that are just original to that character....like ryuke from death note...his laugh is so original.

N

narutimateguy

Theres nothing greater than subs, the japanese do an amazing job picking the correct voices for the characters. I think americans are lazy in that field and get anybody to do it. That is speaking for MOST of the dubs, there are some out there that are greater than the original jap voices. Im sure eveyrone knows which anime i mean, yuyu, bebop, among many others

R

riskx

Definitely subs. I hate dubbed anything. I like just hearing the japanese and whatnot when I'm watching anime. =)

K

kyou

Subs 100%. English or spanish dubs are almost always horrible. It may be because the voice acting business in Japan is more developed or something like that, because it really makes a world of difference.

A

agusgallia

Subs always. I think that dubs take all the true emotion given by the author. don't have emphasys (i dont know how it is writen, sry). i prefer subs!

Sanae

Staff member
I guess I'm a weird one, but I prefer dubs ^__^ Yes yes, alot of things are taken away from the orginal Japanese context (right word?), but I rather like just being able to watch and listen.. Rather, then watch, listen, and read XD;;

There are a couple of those who like dubs more, but I think subs outnumber us lol

There's always the argument that the voice acting in dubs are pretty bad, which is true, but I tend to stick to the Funi group ^__^ There has been a case where the dub voices kinda turned me away, but that was onlly one series xD;

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
Depends on the anime. Certain dubs like Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Big O, Hellsing are exceptional. Certain dubs like Yu-Gi-Oh! not so much. When I'm watching an anime I like to give the dubs a pop first if the option is available. If I like the dub I stick with it. If not I go with subs.

Subs for me. Dubs may be great for certain shows, but if you compare it to the subbed version, it still pales in comparison.

I haven't yet encountered a show where the dub is better than the sub, and I have watched tons (847 series to date).

~Kitty~

Kitty pawns all!
subs...

Seriously the Americans fail at Dubbing big time.

not all the time but most of the time.

I guess the only Dub I like is Gundam seeds. They really outdid themselves

Shadow_Strider

Oderint Dum Metuant
Like I posted in 2008 I still prefer Subs although there have been a couple more Dubs I thought were really good like FMA:Brotherhood and Kekkaishi.