Sports Anime? (Including Racing)

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
Well besides Major and some soccer animes, all the animes I came across are pretty good but some of them turn out unrealistic. Major is like a slice of life anime with baseball and I myself is a yankee fan but watching 40 hours of baseball is too much for me. All the soccer animes I came across aren't that good either. Eyeshield I like alot because one of the latest eposide, eyesheild was able to pound the crap out of someone, which I kept watching over and over again. But this is still pretty unrealistic in a way. Slam dunk is a bball anime but its old setting but its pretty interesting. Initial D is still a good anime and Capeta is good also. I myself like racing animes like Overdrive also...

templeofanubis

The Music Hunter/Sharer
I haven't seen that many but I am fond of Initial D, after watching the live-action movie with Jay Chou. Still need to see the anime but I'm having trouble finding the first volumes. Hajime no Ippo is a great boxing series that you can actually learn things from which is cool. Other than that I haven't seen all that many. Does IGPX count as a racing anime? If so that was very good too i thought.

Tengu

惣流・アスカ・ラングレー
Hmm i'm not a big fan of Sports Anime, I would much rather watch a crazy girl with red hair and a huge sword have epic flying battles than watching a sporting anime.

Surprising to myself I actually liked Prince of Tennis. It actually got me to want to take up tennis. Initial D is awesome too. But yea the soccor ones seem to suck. I didn't even finish Whistle. It was probably the first and only anime I ever dropped from watching

tyron256

turnabout moderation
not that into the sports genre, racing like initial D at the most (mostly thanks to friends more into the racing scene). havent looked into most of the others.

B StAR

2D Complex.
I mostly avoid sports anime for I don't really see anything fun about them. If I wanted to see sports then I would go out in RL and watch a football game or something. Probably I would be interested in war-game sports (airsoft) like in one episode of School Rumble since many aspects of gaming can be related to it. Initial D is swell too, I like the mechanical terms they use with a mix of course racing that avoids a full out drag race of who is faster.

haruka

Phoenix of the Red Moon
i don't really like sports anime, the only one i saw was the first season of captain tsubasa, and i didn't quite like it.

Shinji Ikari

Pilot Evangelion unit-1
I'll agree about Prince of Tennis... I liked that anime. The characters were likable, and the originality of a tennis based anime got points. I'd buy it if i came across it.

abarnes

Staff member
Well besides Major and some soccer animes, all the animes I came across are pretty good but some of them turn out unrealistic. Major is like a slice of life anime with baseball and I myself is a yankee fan but watching 40 hours of baseball is too much for me. All the soccer animes I came across aren't that good either. Eyeshield I like alot because one of the latest eposide, eyesheild was able to pound the crap out of someone, which I kept watching over and over again. But this is still pretty unrealistic in a way. Slam dunk is a bball anime but its old setting but its pretty interesting. Initial D is still a good anime and Capeta is good also. I myself like racing animes like Overdrive also...
Wait Wait Wait! You're sayin' you don't like Major?...that's the only series I watch right now <_<...period