Separation of "Muffin Central" and G2Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manga Wolf

Lazy and who cares
So Emmie gets to email every user in her database while you guys just keep all your users and pretend like nothing's happened? The news section, the forum bustling with activity, your AGs, the influx of donations you received from the MC merger.

And you're not even offering to advertise the new MC location on G2? Not only is that just in bad taste, but as much as you like to pretend you're offering the members a "choice," that decision really doesn't matter if as few members as possible know about it, eh?

Email everyone in the database. Heh, you guys are spineless.
LOL, no love loss hey xD

his got a point, you get the influx of traffic, while she gets booted off
as far as i'm informed AT was a pretty dead forum

I get the whole disagreement part, nothing you can do if you wish to go different ways
but at least let it end respectfully

As a member i just think about the trust issue here, you admins can't seem to trust each other
how can the members trust you

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meh I just hope that on both sides there will still be activity in the forums :/ else neither is fun OTL
Eh, I just really dont wanna think about all the rp's games and whatever are gonna get trouble now if there are gonna be two different places to continue =( I failed, I just thought about it *sigh*
Che, i dont like this seperation at all.
------

uhm but the fact that they didnt "trust" (more liekly agree) with eachother is why they seperate in the first place? Ehm that's what I think...

Besides I feel sorry about everyone protects Emmie... >.>" it's not like Canabary and Tempest and whoever are all big bad meanies, they try their best to get an agreement. Too bad everyone only seems to look from Emmie's perspective.

Again =.= please, it's not like I wanna go blaming on Emmie, just saying, that it's not liek she's only a victim here.

"significant disagreement"
I have just joined so obviously i don't know whats going on.
But as the community I think we deserve to at least know what the split and fighting was about.
After all you have no forum really without all of us members.
Not saying im siding with anyone but
Emmie was more of the Administrations Public figure for me then anything.
Seeing her leaving kinda makes me
A. Confused as to who really controls the site.
B. Saddened to see someone with a lot of public influence suddenly having to leave.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm I had that last time too Vanity... but that's the whole point.. this is the SECOND time for me that.. she's gonna seperate from someone else and merge with another...
So yeah >.>" I'm in complete dubio as of what to do right now, as the previous time I didnt even know there was another owner, but I do see Canabary and the rest around in here.
So yeah, i really dunno D:
Gonna sit put and wait how it unvolds for a while. I really enjoy this place, but I dunno how different it will be if she's gone. so yups. No can decide yet

Oh but I do think she deserves a news post or something to ehm like announce her leaving to Generation Otaku. She's done a lot for this place, and Daemon the owner of Otaku also made some news entries so yeaah, think that's the least that can be done. Not saying that you should promote every one leaving, but telling seems fair enough, so she wont need to send emails to members.

Manga Wolf

Lazy and who cares
Meh I just hope that on both sides there will still be activity in the forums :/ else neither is fun OTL
Eh, I just really dont wanna think about all the rp's games and whatever are gonna get trouble now if there are gonna be two different places to continue =( I failed, I just thought about it *sigh*
Che, i dont like this seperation at all.
------

uhm but the fact that they didnt "trust" (more liekly agree) with eachother is why they seperate in the first place? Ehm that's what I think...

Besides I feel sorry about everyone protects Emmie... >.>" it's not like Canabary and Tempest and whoever are all big bad meanies, they try their best to get an agreement. Too bad everyone only seems to look from Emmie's perspective.

Again =.= please, it's not like I wanna go blaming on Emmie, just saying, that it's not liek she's only a victim here.
True , but its still causing confusion among the members
Yep could just have acounts on both but that can be a hassle

I'm on no ones side like other members, just want to know what the out come will be and how

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Lame :(

Oh well, lets see how this is gonna affect this place. And better start looking for an alternative in case this turns out to be the dumbest move in the history of all sites involved.

Well she was the only Admin i ever saw until day after and before this merge.
Tbh as i said in cherry i didn't even know there was other admins or they were fighting as they never really made a public appearance since i join.
Plus i mean for all that is right we just merged and changed forums, we were still sorting issues out with the site itself and now this crap happens.

Tbh im stating my options, with a slight fear that they are going to say "Well Vanity is getting kind of annoying, Ban account."

Which in all aspects after all this seeing fighting among admins, one of which losing admin status.
I should be fearing the admins trusting they will be fair and just, but after all this and the only admin i know no longer one, I have no idea what will happen and if I ever step over a line or go to far now.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
Lame :(

Oh well, lets see how this is gonna affect this place. And better start looking for an alternative in case this turns out to be the dumbest move in the history of all sites involved.
Let me mod your section in SSA. :D
Kidding.
I think I'll go visit there for an AG later.

Does this mean that there will, if Emeralda makes a new forum, Two forums and the anime site? In which we would chose what forum to stay on, the new one having nothing to do with the main hosting site?

On a probobly unrelated note; Is Emeralda alowed to stay as a member if she likes?

Canabary

Administrator
LOL, no love loss hey xD

his got a point, you get the influx of traffic, while she gets booted off
as far as i'm informed AT was a pretty dead forum

I get the whole disagreement part, nothing you can do if you wish to go different ways
but at least let it end respectfully

As a member i just think about the trust issue here, you admins can't seem to trust each other
how can the members trust you
We are trying to do so. We have given her the database and we've given her the vbulletin files, as well as skin files and whatever else was connected to the vbulletin forum. We had hoped to resolve everything peacefully. If the influx of traffic is entirely dependent on Emeralda's forum and her influence then she will take that with her when she leaves.

"significant disagreement"
I have just joined so obviously i don't know whats going on.
But as the community I think we deserve to at least know what the split and fighting was about.
After all you have no forum really without all of us members.
Not saying im siding with anyone but
Emmie was more of the Administrations Public figure for me then anything.
Seeing her leaving kinda makes me
A. Confused as to who really controls the site.
B. Saddened to see someone with a lot of public influence suddenly having to leave.
The disagreement was regarding a failure to co-operate. There are several administrators involved, server owners and site owners who have invested quite a large sum of money into the site and the forum. There were attempts to force their hands into actions they did not agree with, and even after lengthy discussion, and what appeared as agreements and mutual conclusions, there were actions take that directly contradicted these agreements.

Over the course of several months this was tollerated and attempted to work around. However the recent actions became more and more direct and pressuring. In the end there were ultimatums presented and that with a combination of complete disregard for the owner and other admin's opinion caused a severe fracture in relations. I sincerily wish there could have been some sort of agreement reached, but there was a fierce reluctance for compromise.

Rascal

@Emeralda so no need for the donation or...?

and i'd probably have both accnts... but mainly just the mc one :| we all followed emmie from MT originally, id probably do it again

@Canabary

I love how you ignored my last post. <3

Why isn't the new location of MC going to be advertised on G2? Aren't you trying to be civil with your split. Giving members a choice. There was no hostility, yeah? So wouldn't the logical thing to do be giving the members that choice by telling them where the new location of MC is (when it's up and running,) and letting things occur naturally from there? Why should Emmie be tasked with emailing every member in the userbase while you guys just keep all the members as the "parent" site? Or was this split less civil than you'd like everyone to believe?

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lol i agreed with Legio ^^

Oh but I do think she deserves a news post or something to ehm like announce her leaving to Generation Otaku. She's done a lot for this place, and Daemon the owner of Otaku also made some news entries so yeaah, think that's the least that can be done. Not saying that you should promote everyone following her, but telling seems fair enough, so she wont need to send emails to members.

Manga Wolf

Lazy and who cares
Yeah, people should be informed at the very least of the other site
giving them the choice to follow

its seems settled now, just now about timing of the split so forth which should also be announced to the members

Canabary

Administrator
@Canabary

I love how you ignored my last post. <3

Why isn't the new location of MC going to be advertised on G2? Aren't you trying to be civil with your split. Giving members a choice. There was no hostility, yeah? So wouldn't the logic thing to do be giving the members that choice by telling them where the new location of MC is (when it's up and running,) and letting things occur naturally from there? Why should Emmie be tasked with emailing every member in the userbase while you guys just keep all the members as the "parent" site? Or was this split less civil then you'd like everyone to believe?
No one has made any decision as to how to handle a potential news post about the new location. As far as I know we're not at the point where MC has resurfaced elsewhere yet, and a decision regarding the matter can't be made at this point.

The reason why the initiative is Emmie's job is because this split is between her and G2Anime. If we were establishing ourselves elsewhere it would be up to us to announce this move to the members, and the same would have applied for AnimeTempest. She has a way of contacting every member on this forum about the new location. Once she has moved and established a new forum we may revisit the idea of making a post about it. Until that time however it's an irrelevant topic.

Edit:

And there is no "timing" of the split. The split is done.

Blackgold

The Loli Inspector
Staff member

Is she being forced to leave? As far as I gather she has the right to stay as a member, or does she need to be the boss in order to enjoy a forum? Mainly just sections will be changed, but that's not what's gonna kill the forum. It's if everyone leaves that'll hurt the site cuz Emma didn't agree with the core admins. I doubt it'll be to hurt or broken up like everyone is so worried about. Only if you let it go down it will. I understand being loyal to your leader, but do you have loyalty for yourself? Do you guys really believe what the core admins are doing is wrong, or are you just in love with Emma as your leader?

Also advertisement isn't aloud in any forum however MC and G2 can be affiliates once MC finds a base yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.