Separation of "Muffin Central" and G2Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canabary

Administrator
How come you keep the most current database
and emmie only gets an old one?
Because the current one has AT user database in it, and the AT administration does not agree to giving over their user database. The database Emmie has been provided with is from before the merger with AT.

Canabary

Administrator
Oh gawd T_T why do you people keep making me choose!!! T_T
I mean I dont think I can handle being a mod at two different websites >.<" (though in here on this new bulletin i have no acces to the staffsection nor do I have any modpowers in my section, thought that was simply coz of the merge)
so seems I have to choose :/ OTL gawd T_T I liked it the way it was.. but oh well *sigh*

How long till you are gonna seperate? <-- how long till I have to make a choice >.>"
Ah, snap. Okay.
And yeah, what HappyNisa asked, how long till the change sets place?
The seperation is done. "Choosing" is down to when Emmeralda starts her new forum.

Manga Wolf

Lazy and who cares
Because the current one has AT user database in it, and the AT administration does not agree to giving over their user database. The database Emmie has been provided with is from before the merger with AT.
LOL wait if i'm not mistaken, but you get to keep her database?

if so that's seems highly unfair

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
So AT is staying here. They do not agree with Emmie?

What about sections? Do you plan on keeping them as they are? <.<

I liked it here.. =.=

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia

That's what I keep saying. At first I was given a database from JUNE. It took me an hour to negotiate one from at least September 24th. Still sucks compared to how Tempest just got mine for free and the G2 owners did not care for the community nor the forum.

Canabary

Administrator

We were merged for 4 months. The two are virtually indistinguishable. Whatever happened while with G2Anime is also the rightful propery of G2Anime. The only thing she does not get is the AT database, that's it.

So AT is staying here. They do not agree with Emmie?

What about sections? Do you plan on keeping them as they are? <.<

I liked it here.. =.=
AT is staying, yes.

The sections will most likely be changed.

That's what I keep saying. At first I was given a database from JUNE. It took me an hour to negotiate one from at least September 24th.
That's a lie. You were supposed to be given the one before AT - G2 Merge. There was a missunderstanding that lead to you getting the one for June. There was no "negotiation" involved.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
UHm CLoudie, he says ANimeTempest does not wanna share with EMmie (thus the info of after the merge with AT, which is just a few days ago, is not present, the rest is?)
So that's not her database? but AnimeTempest's database? CHe I can be wrong *shrugs*

Ehm well as long as Emmie doesn't start anew I can just stay here without feeling like a meanie to her for abandoning here XD I like it here~~

@Emeralda, are you gonna start anew on your own server or something?

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm well I think I'm gonna wait till like end of October to decide... till then I'll stay here. after that I'll reconsider going to Emmie, but yeah, I really kinda like it around here, and no offense Emmie, but this is the second time I'd have to follow you around OTL Kinda like it to be settled down, ya know?
But yeah still giving ya a chance if you have your new website by the end of October, is fair enough right? Uhm and I mean mod-wise... I guess being a member at both doesn't hurt, but I dont have time being a mod for both places, dont wanna do a lousy job >.>"

EDIT: Oh generation Otaku.. I see... ehm well still stands about the end of october stuff, I dunno just yet...

I have to say honestly I'm leaning on staying here... but I guess I need to see how things turn out I dunno how things are gonna change if you are gone, and if I dont like it then ofcourse I'll hop after you XD but yeah if I like it just fine I'll stay here.

Is that okay with anyone O.O me needing time to decide?

Manga Wolf

Lazy and who cares
LOL I just find it funny, seems like you lot had issues before merging and now it all comes out

So let me get this right

so...
AT user database ?
MC user database ?

who gets what in the end?

tbh you lot don't really care do you?, its just got to the point you get rid of each other

haha nisa you sound like her wife xD

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
LOL I just find it funny, seems like you lot had issues before merging and now it all comes out

So let me get this right

so...
AT user database ?
MC user database ?

tbh you lot don't really care do you?, its just got to the point you get rid of each other
I got an old MC one, they get everything up to date. Not. Fair.

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
The same goes for Emma as she has our user database
Gotta lol for this one.
When I moved in, it was like the Siberian steppe.
No hard feeling though.
All good things must have an end.
It was nice while it last.

@Manga Wolf
I thought AT kept their own database separately -> smart move.

Canabary

Administrator

So let me get this right

so...
AT user database ?
MC user database ?

haha nisa you sound like her wife xD
Three Databases involved:

MC (independent one dates back from June)
G2 (There is no independent as it is the parent)
AT (Independent one dates back to Sept24th)

All of these were combined at one point. From June and until today G2 and MC were one. That means that the two databases are one and the same. AT joined us just a short while ago and has presented their views that the database wasn't in the system for long enough for the "merger" to be indistinguishable. As a result we've given Emeralda the database that dates back to the very second before the merger between G2Anime and AnimeTempest was begun. The merger between MC and G2 in June meant that the two became one. The merger between AT and G2 is so recent that the exclusion of this database is hardly relevant to anything.

The database Emeralda has is dated to just before the merge last week.

I got an old MC one, they get everything up to date. Not. Fair.
Your database is barely a week old.

@Canabary @Emeralda:
How will we know when You made your forum Emeralda? Will you post a thread here or... How is the move if we decide to move to Muffin Central going to work/be notified?
I assume she will email all the users in the database.

So Emmie gets to email every user in her database while you guys just keep all your users and pretend like nothing's happened? The news section, the forum bustling with activity, your AGs, the influx of donations you received from the MC merger.

And you're not even offering to advertise the new MC location on G2? Not only is that just in bad taste, but as much as you like to pretend you're offering the members a "choice," that decision really doesn't matter if as few members as possible know about it, eh?

Email everyone in the database. Heh, you guys are spineless.

Canabary

Administrator
I wish we could have ALL talked for the sake of the children ;__;
I assure you, we tried it. In the end it was apparent that there was no chance of a successful co-operation. I wouldn't say there was any real hostility going on, but there was certainly a level of irration over certain actions from both side.

So Emmie gets to email every user in her database while you guys just keep all your users and pretend like nothing's happened? The news section, the forum bustling with activity, your AGs, the influx of donations you received from the MC merger.

And you're not even offering to advertise the new MC location on G2? Not only is that just in bad taste, but as much as you like to pretend you're offering the members a "choice," that decision really doesn't matter if as few members as possible know about it, eh?

Email everyone in the database. Heh, you guys are spineless.
The news section is alive because of the staff, if they follow Emeralda then that's their right.

The forum is made up out of members, if they want to move with Emeralda then they are free to do so.

The AGs will probably be removed or replaced by something else, the so called "influx of donations" is a fairy tale we've barely recieved any, and those we have recieved have come from non active members who were downloading our media.

The merger was helpful in having a good community, but we had no financial benefit from it what so ever. The merger was agreed based on a mutual agreement, where both parties benefited.

The fact of the matter is we're not trying to hide this at all. We've announced the split, we've not censored a single opinion or comment, and we've certainly not made it difficult for Emeralda to reach the members if she so wishes. Emailing the users remains the quickest and most efficent way of getting in touch with all the members and announcing her intentions. She has been given a copy of the vBulletin files, as well as a database with all the users from before the AT merge (a mere week ago).

The simple matter is, if the members want to follow her then they will do so. We do not plan to keep the forum as is with section names and organization. We plan to change it. This is a split. We're splitting in two, and she can do what she wants with her part, as we can do with ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.