Recommend an Anime

GodSlayer

Not sure if theres another topic like this but I dont see it anywhere..

Recommend an Anime​

.::You could post the anime name and how many episodes/ seasons/ good/bad/and why here::.​

Ill start off..

- Death Note - Story about 2 genius's fighting and challenging each other mentally in little games. The story is about a boy who finds a book that whoever's name is written on it, they will die in 40 seconds.

- Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann - Find out how a boy lives underground into ripping space with gaint robots. Its somewhat similar to Gundam but still a great series.

- Clannad - A story about a boy named Okazaki who meets a girl in school and they started to talk to each other, it goes real deep into each character and get very emotional.. you might even get hooked on it in the 1st episode.​

============

y0l3itches

llvlloonshine
I like Tengen toppa Gurren Lagann but I would recommand:

<b>Air Gear:</b>Great anime, badass roller blades
<b>Kenichi the strongest diciple:</b>Training under 5 differnt styles of martial arts, something amazing will happen, Karate, Muay Thai, Chinese Kenpo, Weapon Master and Jujutsu Master.
<b>D Gray Man:</b>Lots of action and adventure.
<b>Overdrive:</b>Its great till the end, nice slice of life

Shadow_Strider

Oderint Dum Metuant
this really depends on what genre here are my recommendations for different genre's:

(Note: The following genre's are how I personaly sort my Anime collection)

Adventure:

Rurouni Kenshin(up until the plot ends and the fillers begin)

Rurouni Kenshin-Tsuioku Hen (aka. Samurai X) - 4 OVA's that are a prequel to the series.

Comedy and Comedy Romances

Clannad - great series

Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun - utter insanity but it's a blast.

Drama/Romance

Clannad - depending on the episode it can be funny of emotional

ef - a tale of memories - one of the best if not the best Drama/Romance anime I've seen. It's a true masterpiece of art style, plot, character developement, and audio (has one of my favorite anime OP's)

Myself; Yourself - the first half is nice and light hearted, but it becomes darker and more complex at around 6 episodes and stays this way until the end.

H2O - Footprints in the Sand - great new series with only 4 episodes so far.

True Tears - another great new series with only 4 episodes so far, but so far there is more drama then romance.

Sci-Fi

Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion - great series.

Eureka 7 - great sci-fi with action, drama, romance, and more.

Shounen

Bleach - minus the fillers and bounto ark.

Naruto - Untill the fillers start.

Naruto Shippuuden - Naruto's older, stronger, and smarter, the series is also darker then the previous.

Shakugan no Shana - One of my favorite Shounens (although the Light Novels are better)

Shakugan no Shana II- Contines the story from where it left off on the first season

Suspense/Thriller

Death Note - great suspenses but I hate the main character Light who for being so smart has the weakiest spirit. He uses people and disposes of them with no remorse, he even takes advantage of a girl who's been emotionaly scarred which is one of the things I despised him for the most.

Fantasy (includes many genres)

Ah! My Goddess (and the sequels)

Dragonaut - The Resonance

Persona -Trinity Soul-

Rental Magica

Rosario+Vampire

(many of the Anime in the other catagories could go here as well)

All of the above Fantasy anime are great.

Thats it for now I'll add some to my list later.

haruka

Phoenix of the Red Moon
1. death note - great characters and great plot
2. devil may cry - great action
3. getbackers - funny and liked the characters, especially the 2 main ones but also the rest, for example akabane - san (for those who seen it )
4. kyou kara maou - funny
5. loveless - really liked the plot
6. nightwalker - loved the characters
7. ouran high school - very funny
8. rurouni kenshin - action and great characters
9. saiyuki - smiled from the beginning to the end without stopping
10. sukishio - for those into shounen ai
11. tactics - the characters were lovable
12. trinity blood - action, i really like the main character
13. yami no matsuei - i started playing the violin because of it, only cause i heard a great melody there :D, but the characters were great.
let you know if i remember more

midnight hanging

Malicious Female Pig
I recommend...

> Saber Marionette J

If you love android girls with HUGE boobs, stuff blowing up, an underlying love story, and constant humourous antics, this is the anime for you.

also...

>Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (aka The Wallflower)

This anime is based off of the manga by Tomoko Hayakawa. It's about 4 hot guys who get to move into a large mansion and live rent free- on one condition: they must turn the land lady's reclusive, morbid niece into a "proper lady", which proves to be very difficult, since the stubborn Sunako sits in her dark room at all hours, watching slasher movies and talking to her skeleton and anatomy mannequin "friends". XD

1) Bleach
2) The Melachony of Haruhi Suzimaya
3) Ouran High School Host Club
4) Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles
5) H20 Footprints in the Sand
6) True Tears
7) Naruto Shippudden
8) Death Note
9) D. Gray Man
10) Lucky Star
11) Clannad

For someone like me who has watched all of the anime you guys have mention, what other anime that is good should I watch, my preferences is I don't like yaoi or old animation anime. You guys can respond to this forum or PM me, either way is fine, but im gettin tired of rewatches...

PS gonna watch Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge to see if its any good...

Morcombe

King of Kings
anime recoomendations....hmmm

my top 10 reccomends in order
1) One Piece
2) Bleach
3) Kekkaishi
4) Fullmetal Alchemist
5) Ah My Goddess
6) Rave Master
7) Love Hina
8) Chrono Crusade
9) D.Gray-Man
10) Naruto Shippuden

Dokuro Chan - she is the club to death angel, really funny and bloody lol

hellsing - just awesome vampire series

Gurren Lagann - my all time favorite and beyond epic!

black lagoon - great action, cool characters, gun play!

Cromartie High School - funny and odd lol

Berserk - bad ass fight anime with demonic elements too.

Higurashi - great horror anime with a good story and comedy in between, classic...great characters too!

Golden Boy - funniest, most perverted echii comedy around

GTO - so funny, best teacher ever!