Hate Hate everywhere

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
[quote name='ZERO PHOENIX']You're a Korean living in Great Britian correct? If I'm not in your business, would you care to share what that's like?[/QUOTE]

Yeah sure thing. I came here when I was six, so that makes... Thirteen years. For the most part I have not experienced any form of discrimination, and where I live people tend to be very tolerant and accepting of different cultures. One thing must be said though, that where I live there is a high concentration of Korean population (amongst other ethnic minorities), thus racism was not very common anyway.

However, it was not just a walk in the park, particularly when I first came here. I have never actually been bullied, but it was difficult to adapt to the lifestyle of a completely different culture, just when I was starting to get used to life in my home country as a child. And there were some peers who would not talk to me (for obvious reasons - I could not speak English, but that came across to me as quite upsetting nonetheless) and until I learnt English (about a year later), life was very difficult, to say the least.

But it's not all doom and gloom, now I totally enjoy living here, and now I feel like a native British pretty much.

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
Fascinating. The Brits are more tolerant than the Yanks I would say. I'm glad that your acclimation was not as bad as it could have been.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Meh, with or without hate, it doesnt matter. It wont change wars, it wont change conflicts, it wont change anything. Most people dont even really hate. They just dislike.

And nah, Im not tired of it. Why would I be?

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
[quote name='ZERO PHOENIX']Fascinating. The Brits are more tolerant than the Yanks I would say. I'm glad that your acclimation was not as bad as it could have been.[/quote]

Thank you for asking, and your interest in the matter Zero. I too agree that the Brits tend to be more open, but when you go down the right wing of politics things tend to get a little messy... Like, there's a party called the British National Party, which is quite hostile towards immigration policies and such, and its leader is a racist. Speaking of xenophobia in Britain...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M

[quote name='[lexus'];60415]Meh, with or without hate, it doesnt matter. It wont change wars, it wont change conflicts, it wont change anything. Most people dont even really hate. They just dislike.

And nah, Im not tired of it. Why would I be?[/quote]

I disagree with what you just said there. If there was no hate at all, then there would be no wars and conflict either: it would be a state of absolute peace. However it is the fact that hate does exist in one way or another, which means there are wars and such.

Also, how would one quantify the difference between "dislike" and "hate"? For you it may seem like you dislike someone/something, but for others it may seem like you hate someone/something.

[quote name='Miki Sayaka']arent you tired of people of hating each other like me?

why cant people just like each other?

why do they hate others so easily?

is it that hard to forgive and forget when someone did something incredibly wrong to you?

to hate someone till you wish him/her will die?

to hate someone till you really want to kill the individual?

i can never comprehend why certain people hate certain people....

so brings me back to my 1st question....

arent you tried of people hating each other?[/QUOTE]

The answer to all of those question is "pride".

That's what makes people jealous of others, that's what make others belittle one another.

There are many categories of pride, ie, pride of arrogance and so on.

I'm up for a debate if you disagree.

Thanks.

P.S: Yes I am tired and that's why I left Manga fox.

But I must admit that without hate, there wouldn't be good.

Just like without poor, there wouldn't be any rich. ~ I'm sure that you have got the picture.

It's a method of measuring ones attribute.

Bố

I would say hate is good when it's reciprocal..........otherwise.....it's a lonely feeling to hate...

Otherwise I would prefer love...or more like apathy~

Hating is easier than loving, but apathy wins over all.

and my feeling on the matter is..........hate exists so that love can be love. Like when you see a blue light, but if you're blind by a whole bunch of light......then you won't see the blue light unless you turn off to darkness.

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
[quote name='Pyro Fighter']The answer to all of those question is "pride".

That's what makes people jealous of others, that's what make others belittle one another.

There are many categories of pride, ie, pride of arrogance and so on.

I'm up for a debate if you disagree.

Thanks.

P.S: Yes I am tired and that's why I left Manga fox.

But I must admit that without hate, there wouldn't be good.

Just like without poor, there wouldn't be any rich. ~ I'm sure that you have got the picture.

It's a method of measuring ones attribute.[/QUOTE]

I'm liking that pride argument, it makes good sense. I totally agree with what you have just said

If you don't mind me asking, what actually happened to you in Mangafox??

You don't have to reply if you don't want to, and you can VM/PM me if you don't want to go off-topic

[quote name='Vandalle']I would say hate is good when it's reciprocal..........otherwise.....it's a lonely feeling to hate...[/quote]

Care to explain this statement?

Bố

@insane: Hate isn't good for your body lol. Unless you love to hate.......and that is another thing .________. Plus if you hate someone that doesn't care about you, that will just make you pathetic. >_______>" Hate is another emotion like love, one sided hate is just .______. you being an ass.......

Notorious

Colonel H Stinkmeaner
[quote name='Vandalle']@insane: Hate isn't good for your body lol. Unless you love to hate.......and that is another thing .________. Plus if you hate someone that doesn't care about you, that will just make you pathetic. >_______>" Hate is another emotion like love, one sided hate is just .______. you being an ass.......[/QUOTE]

So are you saying it's okay to hate if someone hates you?? As a form of retaliation? Then the cycle would never end... That's the classical "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" approach, huh?

Bố

Yep~it's too dangerous when you love someone you hate anyway.........you could get hurt.

The classical approach is to ignore, but if you really want to spend an ounce of feeling for that person then you're welcomed to.

Lol, yep~The cycle only ends until one feels enough.......so that's why hatred is so tiring......