GAT2 ★ Baka Alliance ★

back to the frontyou will do what i say when i saaaaayback to the frontyou will die when i say you must dieeeeeeback to the frontyou coward, you servant, you blind maaaaaaanback to the frontoh hell f*ing yeah

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
Metallica ain't got nothing on Testament and other old school thrash bands. Except when they still had Cliff and Dave. Example: Still kicking ass while tallica is tuning down to sound better -

i disagree on that one this timemetallica comes a long way and even with kirk and robert they kick nutand i was able to enjoy one the fewest advantages of being a copwich was: cruisin in the police car at about 120km/h ignoring all traffic rules and lights while headbanging to the said metallicauber epic :cool:

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
Metallica was junk after And Justice For All album. Black album sucked nuts and everything else that followed. Metallica is like Apple. They give you a nice walled garden that you think is perfect even though it's not until you adventure out and find what's actually good. Kirk is a terrible live guitarist, he always screws up notes. His solos are repetitive and sound very similar. Robert is okay but he doesn't work well with thrash metal. He needs to go back to Black Label Society where be belongs. James can't sing for shit anymore, he blew out his voice because he never knew how to use proper technique in the first place. He's a great rhythm guitarist though. All their songs are tuned down a notch because his voice isn't what it used to be, and it's not because he's just been singing for a long time like everyone says. It's because he can't sing, period. Lars... don't get me started on one of the worst, boring, retarded drummers in the history of thrash metal.

AuroraWing

Starfish-Power ruler
hey Tempy... long time not seen....and don't complain so much about metallica....there r barely bands today with such quality.. and if u say they r not so good.. then all actual ones u like sure sucks more....XD

well time for the counter argument it seems lols ^^as a die hard fan of metallica i completly disagree with you but looking a bit more objectif at your point of view i'd say....euhm let's start with the albums, to me ALL metallica albums have always been about 4 good songs, 2 okay and the rest bad.but it's the good songs that really make the difference ( death magnetic was no exeption)kirk is an average guitarist and yes he makes some minor mistakes but he's human you know (true fans never even notice it live trust me) and yes he's repititive, but i think and it's not just him but all of them are afraid to try something new as it might destroy their rep ( i mean why change something good if it still works like a charm)robert i think is just trying his best, from articles i read about him he never expected to be chosen after the audition and he knows he's no replacement for the previous bass, still he tries real hard and i as a fan appreciate it :smile:james his voice before ...and justice SUCKED MAYOR TIME ( i can't even listen to the original seek n destroy anymore) he sounded like a brat and now his voice is rougher and better, and if he blows his voice out it's because he's trying to hardand the lars.....well euhm...he's an average drummer but he gets the job done and i agree he's a retard but he's wierd way of drumming definitly doesn't make him boring, it's rather funny to my opinion :smile:damn what an explanation :confused: