-game- (b)

Andre Valias

Salamander with weird Tatoos. D:
This is the statistics post for the other side of the GAME IC Roleplay. Please note that all the statistics below will change according or otherwise to In Character Roleplaying. Please also note that they are only particular to this side of the roleplay. It will also be advisable to check the other side of the Roleplay for insights into events. If there are any questions, please ask either I or Xiga on the OOC or in VMs/PMs. Thank you!
----------------------
Due Posts:
None. We're ready to move onwards at Xiga's word. ^w^
----------------------
Area: District 09 – Civillian District
Description: District 09 is adjacent to Districts 07, 08, 10 and 13. It is fairly populated, but since it is so close to District 07, which is a Factory District of the Industry, it isn't so good condition. Most of the buildings are fairly modern apartments clamoring next to the streets in it, but there are still houses that stand as relics of the past, dating back as far as the 21st Century. Since this district has so many civillians, the Rebellion wouldn't choose this district as a target due to the many innocents. But this district is generally affected by whatever may be affected in the neighboring districts.
Date: 7/09/2716
Time: 2:35 AM

Breaking News:
* Rebels have been sighted and it has been confirmed that the Rebellion is presently making moves. Nobody is sure where they will strike, but police are on high alert. Any sightings are to be reported immediately.
Civilian News:
* President J. Robinson is celebrating his 20 Years of Presidency.
* Police are on high alert for the Tournament that is to be held in honour of President J. Robinson.
* Search for criminals has slowed a little, but Citizens are asked to watch for any signs of unusual activity in their areas.
* Dr Arnold Williamson continues his research into the properties and manipulation of Psionic Energies both in humans and the environment. The government and the Foundation of Science and Technology support Dr Arnold Williamson’s research.
* Most of the general population is attending the tournament.
* Work (Industry, Commercial and Other) is switched to Automatic. Robots now run the Workforce.
Local News:
"Night Owls" sighted along the streets. Police and citizens take note.
* Kitten found on the street. Exploded...
* Elderly woman passed away in her home peacefully with nobody at her side. A public funeral is arranged for any who has pity for a stranger. The elderly woman's house is up for claim by anybody who knew the woman in a way, or otherwise the "antique" house is demolished.
* Car accident claims the life of an identified mother and daughter. Other driver involved was "traumatized" at the sight of the outcome.
* District 09 is having a clean up day. People will be picking up any rubbish or litter they can see wherever and whenever they go.
Rumours:
* Talk about the latest news
* Rumours about the game. (EPIC RED LIGHTED HAND POINTS HERE!!!)

Andre Valias

Chasing the Night

It was the early morn. Many people were already asleep, save few. Some just couldn't sleep, some wouldn't sleep. Others had a reason for staying up. A very secret reason.
Traze was one of the few night owls who were awake at this point at night. The streetlights still gleamed in the darkness that surrounded the streets and buildings. Traze walked along the high rooftops of District 09, looking up at the sky. Once upon a time, the skyline used to be shrouded in a veil of darkness, dotted with sparkles known as stars and a single unique circle known as the moon, which changed depending on the alignment of the sun to the world at the present time. Now barely anything remained of the night sky, as due to the cloud of pollution made by mankind itself. Traze spat at the idea of how mankind manages to ruin everything when they aren't focusing right. It disgusted him. It was sickening, the fact that mankind was divided between two sides on the surface. The government and the rebellion, with the neutrality of the civillians being the thick line between the two. Traze, being from another world, knew a different mankind in a dimension parallel to the one he was in at the moment. He knew a mankind that was easily united and ready to die for each other, as equals. Not fighting over a worthless city. It was then at that moment staring at the sky did Traze remember the few moments he shared with Solara, under the stars of her dimension. Those were priceless and nearly once-in-a-lifetime moments he shared with her. Only just remembering them made Traze hate... Many things.

Traze just shook his head clear of the thoughts and focused. I'm supposed to find a symbol, according to that beggar on the street. Traze thought. If that isn't true, that beggar's going to regret lying to me. Traze didn't actually know what to expect. What to look for. He didn't know what the beggar really meant by "symbol". The Traze thought about it. Am I too desperate? So desperate I've taken to chasing a fairy tale? And everyone I've asked so far were laughing up their sleeves? He asked himself. He then shook his head. No, I just haven't focused clear enough. I don't need to know what I'm looking for, I just need to start looking. With that, Traze focused on his surroundings. The darkness of night held no secrets to him. He could see through the shadows just as easily as he could in the day. With that, Traze began to run across from rooftop to rooftop. He looked about as he ran, sensing for anybody nearby and if they would help him... Or hinder him, just as well as search for anything that might be useful. Anything at all. After a few minutes of jumping about, Traze then noticed something. There was a building that seemed to stand out from the rest. The windows... The lights behind them were on and off in a pattern, making up a picture, an image that seemed like it was painted across the building. A symbol...

Hope sprang fast from Traze's mind like a skittish deer. This seemed like no coincidence. He quickly made his way across rooftop to rooftop and finally reached the rooftop of the building he was looking at before. He looked around closer and carefully. Suddenly he sensed another presence, really close to him. It was... Strange... Mysterious... Traze couldn't sense the allegiance of the presence.
'Who are you?' Traze said without turning around.
'It's rude to speak to someone when you're not looking at them.' Said a familiar voice. Traze couldn't pace it but he knew he heard the voice before. He turned around and then he remembered the beggar on the streets. It appears he wasn't a beggar, but someone else. Whoever he was, he was a good actor. For before Traze stood the beggar he had only spoke to the day before, only he wasn't all dirty and shagged in terms of appearance. Now he seemed more professional, and cleaner, less sickly and pitiful. And stranger. 'And so you recognise me.' The man said. 'I praise the fact you've followed the "Game" thus far, though I must ask as to why?' The man said. Traze was annoyed by how the man spoke. It was more... Fancy, upper class. And snobbish.
'None of your business, all I need to know is why are you here? And why did you act?' Traze demanded. The man simply shrugged.
'Not very polite are you? Though to the point, I like it.' The man said smirking. 'I am one of the Game Masters, overseers of the "Game" that you might of heard of from mere whispers. I act because the government doesn't tolerate this Game, for it is bloody and to be blunt, illicit.' The man explained. 'This is because the Game gives the rewards of, to be frank, a god's life in the city. Food, Drink, Shelter, Money, Fame and more so, Power. Power over the government that rules this cityscape.' The man continued. Traze listened in, patiently but so eager to cut the man's throat if her did not get to the point.

'There are no rules, no set time limit and no allocated points. The only goal is to find an orb, and return it to its "pylon" as soon as you can, before all other players get you. And by get, I don't mean tag.' The man said. Traze understood the fact the man wasn't kidding when he meant, "No rules". You could do as you pleased, whatever it took to get the orb basically. 'But you can't simply join the game of free will and get the orb. You first have to find a Game Master, like me, and gain your symbol. Or plain just kill somebody with one if you so please and know the concept already.' Traze then listened carefully, and all thoughts of killing the man plainly evaporated. 'Your symbol... will grant you extraordinary powers. Powers you may use to get to your goal. The symbol itself can help you find it. But you can only posess one though, lest you either be driven mad with various symptoms or have your head blown to bits by the pure energy inside them.' The man explained. 'That is all I have to say, Isaiah Walker. Keep your wits about you. You'll need them.' At this moment, Traze found himself holding... A marble. It changed suddenly into a sort of twisted metal symbol that seemed to mean something to Traze. He looked up but he could not find the game master anywhere, nor sense his presence. But Traze cared not about that anymore. He had gotten what he needed, and now all he has to gain is what he wants. The orb that would mean power, and a chance to rescue Solara.

I can't do this anymore, mom. I just can't. Moon felt into sobbing as she stood in front of her mother. The apartment where she lives was cozy. It had some sober blue tone in the painting of the walls and antique furniture. It was a strange mixture of a modern renaissance and old style. Yet, she could feel that this life was not for her. But, why? Haven't you been happy with us? asked the mother. I have, but I cannot let you carry my burden anymore. You have sent me on therapy. I have no friends and I have been bullied. That is not the life I want for me. And I know you cry at nights when I am supposed to be sleeping. Tell me it directly, I am not the daughter you wished to have! She stopped speaking for a second and her mother stared at her. I. I. I. she broke into sobbing and could not pronounce a word at all. Anyway, I am leaving, I will try to make my own life and lift that pain that courses your body for having such a defective child.

As she said this, she opened the door of the apartment, showing the slight rainfall that was coming down from the polluted gray sky. No! yelled the mother. I am sorry. It is too late. Moon said as she went out and locked the door behind her. Her clothing and garments began to slowly become soaked by the rainfall. She pulled her hoodie over her head and began to move around the cities. The game? What is the game? Where can I find the game? She said as she walked down the streets. She had only heard rumors about it and the difficult trail that followed it. She knew that was dangerous but it brought great riches to life. How am I supposed to play the game if I cannot fight myself. No. I will think about that later. I have made my mind.

She continued walking. She stared how a woman collapsed in the ground. She had been shot in the leg. Her appreance was that of an old lady. She seemed to be having a black out due to the pain. She heard the sirens coming, so she grabbed her and dragged her into an alley. Once the patrols kept going, she began to treat the wound, using part of her scarf to stop the bleeding. Ma'm are you alright? She asked the woman. Why did you save me? asked the woman. Cause I think everyone deserves a second chance. She said directly. Anyway. She stood up and was about to move out. Where are you going?? The woman inquired. To find the game. Why would you want to do that? It is dangerous? What is your reason? My reason? I want a better life for my parents, but I also want to lift the burden from them. I want to forge myself a good future and I want to find a way to live peacefully once again. As she said this, the woman stood up and grinned. She took off the wig and the glasses and the jacket she had, revealing being a lady from the finest side of the city.

You have convinced me. Your reasons are pure. I would let you join the game, but first I want to confirm you are sure. It would be dangerous. I am sure. Said Moon. Then open your hand. I will grant you your symbol. Moon did as she said and soon on her hand lied a golden pendant that turned out to be the exact same gold pendant she lost to the bullies. A tear rolled down her cheek. How is this possible? It is your symbol. Now be prepared I am one of the Game Masters, overseers of the "Game" that you might of heard of from mere whispers. I act because the government doesn't tolerate this Game, for it is bloody and to be blunt, illicit.'This is because the Game gives the rewards of, to be frank, a god's life in the city. Food, Drink, Shelter, Money, Fame and more so, Power. Power over the government that rules this cityscape. 'There are no rules, no set time limit and no allocated points. The only goal is to find an orb, and return it to its "pylon" as soon as you can, before all other players get you. And by get, I don't mean tag.' 'But you can't simply join the game of free will and get the orb. You first have to find a Game Master, like me, and gain your symbol. Or plain just kill somebody with one if you so please and know the concept already.Your symbol... will grant you extraordinary powers. Powers you may use to get to your goal. The symbol itself can help you find it. But you can only posess one though, lest you either be driven mad with various symptoms or have your head blown to bits by the pure energy inside them. Do you still want to play?

I do, but I promise that I won't kill anyone. The woman laughed. That is a good one. You are funny. I like you. And as she said this, she disappeared in the darkness, leaving Moon alone in the alley

"I hear you're looking to join the game, miss Laoise?"

Andromeda had noticed the man approaching, but was surprised when he spoke. She had assumed that his path had merely passed by where she was sitting, but it seemed that it ended there instead. If he was lucky, he would have a new path after the encounter as well.

"Where did you hear something like that?" she inquired suspiciously. Of course, it was obvious. There was only one other person who knew she had to join, and he wasn't exactly the sort to keep that kind of secret.

The stranger smiled, though it did no good for his looks. "Let's just say, we have a mutual friend," he answered evaisively, causing her to roll her eyes. "I doubt that very much. But your 'friend' may not be wrong. If I am interested what would that mean to you?"

The smile widened showing a few teeth and many gaps. Clearly not the sort to be truly friendly with anyone. "Well, one could say that I'm... a Master of the game, if that's clear enough." The eloquent speech was at an odd contrast to the man's rough and dirty appearance, but going by looks or phrasing the claim almost made Andromeda scoff. She held it back because her boss had to have some reason to send this person her way.

Her face remained impassive. "If that's the case, then do you have something for me? Or are you just here to make vague implications and insult my friends?"

He looked confused for a moment, the smile fading from his face, then shrugged. "Very well, but let's get out of the light first." Andromeda nodded. The pub was noisy and dim, but not dark enough to hide in and filled with people. All she knew about the game indicated that it should be done in secret.

The two left the building and went into a nearby dark alley. People who didn't know her would think it was a bad idea to walk into dark alleys with strangers, but really it's a far worse idea to walk into dark alleys with her. "Well then, I assume you have something for me?"

The "Game Master" chuckled to himself quietly. "Yeah, I guess ya could say that," he drawled, dropping the sophisticated facade. "Ya see, tha boss told me t' put ya in with one of th' masters, so's you could play tha game too. Bu' then it came t' me: if I just kill ya myself, there'd be less competition. I don' like competition really." He pulled out a large handgun. "So, you could say that I have a bullet 'r two for ya."

But by then he found himself pointing the gun at a very empty patch of the alley, with nobody to be seen but him. He still hadn't figured out what had happened when a small throwing knife emerged from the darkness behind him and pierced the back of his neck. Lacking a contiguous spinal cord is very detrimental to one's health, and in this case he was not lucky at all. "Sorry," Andromeda said, emerging from the shadows and not looking sorry at all, "But I don't think I will accept your gift." She searched the fresh corpse with speed born of practice, and quickly found a small marble in a pocket filled with loose change. While she looked at it, it smoothly transformed into a bracelet, identical to the one she already wore. Satisfied, she put the new one on the other wrist and retrieved her blade. The gun she left; it was a crude, old-fashioned thing anyway.

As she was carefully cleaning the blood off using the cleanest parts of the dead man's clothing which were not already soiled, or at least less disgusting than the rest, her phone started to vibrate silently. She took it out and answered the call, for only one person knew the number. Or at least, one person she knew of; recent evidence indicated that he didn't always keep things that way. The voice on the other end of the line spoke before being greeted. "Did you enjoy my little gift?" it asked.

"Very much," Andromeda replied dryly. She hung up immediately, missing only a short bout of maniacal laughter. After inspecting the blade to be sure it was clean and unharmed, she placed the darkened knife in its sheathe and walked casually away. After all, this wasn't a particularly unusual occurence.

((Editing may take place should cell phones and handguns be incompatible with the technology of this society.))

Lovely.

Hiatus-Land
"Here's the week's pay, Thea" a man said, handing Mara an envelop. "Thanks, John." Mara answered, smiling sweetly. Mara took the money, gathered her things, and made her way home from the bakery. She had an important meeting today and she wasn't about to be late for it. The moment she was at her house, she changed into some more fitting clothes and made her way to the old 21st century houses. A few days ago, she had met a man that claimed to know how to get into the '-game-' and would give information for a price. Of course Mara couldn't just pass this chance up, she had been trying to find a way to get in for a while now. She needed to get her revenge on the government, they had killed her parents, and there was no way she was going to let it pass. Besides, she was tired of living this life, where nothing exciting ever happened.

Mara was making her way from the market, going down an alley, when a hand grabbed her. "'ome on in sweety." a drunkard called, swaying on his feet. "Of course, dear. But you have to let me go first." she replied smiling, ready to kick him in his soft spot if he wouldn't let go. "Now 'ow, a beauty like you would sure to 'ove stories, eh?" he said, slurring his words, not letting her go. Mara's smile was like sugar, "Of course, sadly only stories about the Game." she replied kicking his crotch. He was unexpectedly agile even in his drunk state and managed to dodge her kick. "So the cutie wants to hear stories about the Game, eh? Well I gots some, but since you aren't taken with me, it'll be for a price." he said laughing, losing his drunken diction. Mara grinned. "A price, you say? But you couldn't just take a beautiful girl's money would you?" she said, smiling suggestively, showing off her cleavage.

The man seemed to like her new attitude, "Well," he began, licking his lips, "We can start this anytime you want." he began pulling Mara towards a pub. "The Game is highly held in secret, not many people know much about it. You only get in by gaining a symbol," he stopped short. "But why'd a girl like you want to get involved with something like that?" he asked. "I only wanted to know more about it, stories like this are just so interesting." she replied, sitting in his lap. "Continue your story, won't ya?" she asked. He coughed, clearing his throat, "You gain a symbol by talking to a 'Game Master', once you achieve that you're in." he finished. "So where would you find these 'Game masters'?" she asked, interested in if he could give this last piece of vital information. "Well rumors say that there was one in this district, by the century old houses." he answered. "So about my payment..."

Mara could tell that, by then, he wasn't going to be of anymore use. She had gotten what she needed, and it was time to go. Once he led her out to an empty street, she knocked him out and continued on her way home.

There wasn't a single soul in this area of district 9 at nine o'clock at night. The houses were all old and abandoned, no one ever ventured here. It was amazing that they hadn't destroyed the buildings already. "Hey there little miss, you shouldn't be out at this time of night" a voice called out. Mara tensed, and turned around, ready for whatever was to come. It was the authorities, a policeman. "So why don't you just follow me and I'll guide you home" his smile was eerily familiar. "Thanks sir, but I have to meet someone. Can't seem to find them though." she said, acting lost. He chuckled, "Now, now, you don't have to pretend. We all know that you're looking for a Game Master... And you promised that you wouldn't go looking for trouble..." he sounded slightly hurt as he approached her.

It took Mara a second to understand what he meant, he was the drunkard she had conned the info out of. Damn. Mara side-stepped him and aimed to kick. He saw what she was going to do before she moved, he grabbed her and held her hands behind her back. "What makes you think you'll survive the Game?" he asked. Mara struggled against him, "I know I can" she replied, as she slammed him against a wall, causing him to fall to the ground. "Well you do have the spirit," he spit a mouth full of blood before laughing. An expensive car rounded the corner and a suited man stepped out. "Master," he said bowing, holding a hand out to help the policeman up. Mara watched cautiously as the man got in the car and changed into more expensive threads. Ones that looked way too expensive for any regular policeman. "Good luck." he said, throwing a marble at her. Mara caught it, the moment she touched it, it changed into an exact replica of her necklace. She was about to say something, but the car was gone. She was alone, and now she was in.

((editing if I find any mistakes on my iPod))

Andre Valias

Supremacy Kills: Reminiscence

'Another round of whisky please!' Enid called out. She was sitting at the bar in "7th Heaven". The bartender looked at Enid incredulously and then to the two glasses she had already drank.
'Are you sure?' She asked. 'You've already dra--' Enid shook her head.
'Don't ask me such stupid questions, if I'd like another drink, I'll have another drink!' Enid barked. The bartender resigned and shrugged. She began pouring down another glass of whisky and slid it down the counter from where she was to where Enid was sitting. Enid stopped the glass quickly and held it with her right hand. She may have been an obvious old widow drinking herself near to death, but her reaction time hadn't deterioated along with her complexion. She stared into the opaque reflection of her face in the whisky, pondering the times of her life, good and bad. She began to think of the many things that had happened and what she had done, how she did it and what she had been thinking. Enid then began to ponder the present, what she might do with her winnowing life. There was so little time left, and there just didn't seem to be anything left to do.
'Are you done yet or would you like another drink to tide time?' The bartender asked. 'I have to close the bar sometime you know!' Enid looked at her rather annoyed, having to have been intruded in her thoughts.
'Don't push me around young lady! I'm not daft!' Enid retorted. She sculled her whisky and left a plentiful tip to the bartender's surprise, before walking out with barely a drunken step to her walk. But as she walked out, she heard the bartender say something.
'Come back anytime then I suppose.' Enid shrugged and walked out onto the lit streets of District 09. It was dark of early morning, its shadows dancing around the street lights. Enid just scoffed and moved onwards.

Enid took out a piece of paper and read over it as she walked the streets. She looked up from it occasionally before looking back down upon the writing. She took a left into an alleyway and then found a door next to the dead end that was lit only by two candles on a crate on the right. She put away the piece of paper and then knocked on the door several times. The door creaked open slowly and Enid walked in. She closed the door behind her and turned on the light. The room was mostly derelict and quite run-down, pieces of furniture and broken objects lay scatterd about the floor. To the left was a stairway descending. Seeing no other place to go, Enid began descending the steps into the dark basement. As she did, she had heard somebody and sighed.
'If you're going to hide, atleast make yourself less obvious.' She said aloud. 'I'm old, but I my hearing hasn't changed.' The person cursed under his breath. Enid smiled in the shadows and continued descending the steps. She flicked a switch when she got to the bottom and then pulled out her butterfly knife quickly. It was simple, yet delicately made. She dropped her handbag and held a younger man up against the wall with her knife pressed his throat.'I'm not harmless either.' She added. The man swallowed lightly as he felt the sharp blade press against his neck, the knife in his hand dropped to the floor.
'You've got me. I admit, I was careless to think you just an old lady.' He said passively. 'You've got guts to seek us out.' He said. Enid nodded patiently.
'Yes, yes, can you get on with it?' Enid asked. The man would've nodded quickly if he could. He then began explaining the rules of the "Game" and how it worked. Enid listened attentively as he did. When he finished, he pulled out a sphere just a little larger than a marble but smaller than a baseball. Enid took it into her left hand and it shifted and changed shape into an amulet symbol on a chain. Enid put the symbol in her pocket and she instantly figured something had changed. She could feel a force around her. The man smiled.

'I have what I want. Thank you for your time.' Enid said passively as she let the man go and began to turn around.
'Always a pleasure... Always a pl--' The man had his throat slit in a flash before he could finish. Enid looked at him through cold eyes over his treacherous stance with the knife in his hand to backstab Enid.
'I figured pleasure for you meant no honour.' Enid said coldly. 'But it was a pleasure. Good night.' The man then fell to the ground dead, the blood beginning to leak out of his cut throat and onto the floor. Enid left the house as she left it, with no lights on and untouched. As she walked out of the alley and onto the streets, Enid took out the symbol from her pocket and stared at its unique composition. It seemed like no other amulet she'd ever seen, and yet it seemed to hold meaning to her. Enid shrugged and put the amulet around her neck, before walking off into the night. 'It's about time I've done something with my life.' She muttered with a smile on her face.