Fragments of My Dreams~

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hello all,​

I decided to make a Writer's Diary!!! Yaaaay!!! I love to write and as you might have guessed from the title, I make up most of my stories while dreaming. Dreams are almost magical to me ^^
Bleh, I do suck at making intro's >.<" and even more at actually starting a story XD
Well, I already have to admit though, I probably won't write a real lot, but who knows, maybe I get a spur of inspiration and want to write all of a sudden I'll be sure to put it up in here 8D
And of course, I really like the WOTF, so might I ever make entries for the WOTF then I'll be putting that up in here aswell.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member

“He was said to be the Soldier of Freedom forever wandering in the Realms of Dreams. He would have no face as both Captivity and Freedom have no face. He could weaken the strong and turn evil into good. He was Balance. He could turn light into the darkness and darkness into light, but ever since humanity came down to this world and darkened everything around, he was nothing more than a whispered dream, never to be seen or heard while he wandered in the silent world of Dreams, as the it was captivated by its own power. He created his Dream of Light in the shape of an indestructible globe in his last minutes. May you ever find this globe and get to face this man without a face, fear him not, but treasure him as your friend. He might make it possible for you to see, your own Dream of Reality.”

Casidhe stared at the globe of light in her hands excitedly as she heard the ancient words coming from the globe the moment she touched it. This was it. This was the Globe of the Ancients. The only True Light left in the world and the only way for her to save her little brother from the dark Aysiki, creatures made out of the Darkness of the Heart of Blaecleah, the last King that ever ruled. The Aysiki had made her little brother sick. With every breath a bit of Darkness would seep in his heart, making him food for the Aysiki.

Casidhe’s eyes started to hurt from looking at the light shimmering in her hands. Carefully she placed the Globe in her bag. She could still see the light through the bag.

“Gesthe me nu luacte, muadrek!”

She jumped three meters up in the air, well at the very least it felt like three meters to her. She had no time left: the Aysiki had spotted her and they did not like her taking the Globe of the Ancients out of the Box of Darkness. They probably didn’t like it that she ‘accidently’ destroyed their precious box that could shield away the bright light of the Globe either.

She hurried to the window to jump out, in to the Black River, but the Aysiki had already captured her and touched her with their darkness. In a last struggle to win she took the Globe out of her back and held it to her chest pleading the Soldier Of Freedom to save her brother from the very creatures that were choking her with their evil powers. The light of the Globe faded and the world went Dark.

“Are you okay, Casidhe?”

It was the voice of her little brother. Her head was on the edge of exploding so she just groaned a bit.

“Open your eyes carefully, okay?”

She did as he told her. Something was out of place. Her eyes started to throb and she closed them again. Her headache became even worse.

“What happened?”

“You fell asleep. Well, you are still sleeping.”

“What happened to the colours? Why do they hurt my eyes? Are you okay with all that brightness, Dalaigh?”

A silence fell as Casidhe opened her eyes again searching for her little brother, only seeing a man pulsating with light. With the voice of her brother he told her he wasn’t her brother. Casidhe had to catch her breath and keep in the scream as the faceless man turned to her.

“My name is Fiach, please, do not fear me. I mean no harm.”

She only noticed now that the voice she heard came from her own head and not from the faceless man before her. She slowly crept out of bed and studied the glowing man. It was fascinating how he actually shined. Then it suddenly became clear for her.

“Are… Are you the Soldier of Freedom?”

“I am not familiar with that name. But I’ll help you find him if you need to find him.”

He wasn’t familiar with that name? Who didn’t know about the Soldier of Freedom, the last hope for mankind to gain back their Freedom from the Aysiki. Unless of course, he was the Soldier of Freedom. It would make sense he never knew of that title because he had already disappeared before the Ancients called him the Soldier of Freedom. But that soldier was supposed to be trapped in the Realms of Dreams.

“Fiach? Where are we?”

“In the Realms of Dreams. I think it’s your dream as I’m able to interact with you. You can see my prison, right? And you can hear me talk to you…”

“Your prison? What is your prison? Is this dream… my dream… Is my dream your prison?”

Fiach shook his head. “No, it’s this body that keeps me trapped in this world. You can see it sitting right there, right?”

Casidhe nodded slowly as she stood up and inspected her house. Everything was so colourful, so bright, so beautiful. She moved outside and she saw something that was the most incredible thing she had ever seen. The sun. Her neighbors greeted her with a smile and in the garden was her little brother playing with the neighbor’s child. He was healthy and laughing away. When he saw her he stood up and ran towards her.

“Cassy, Cassy. Look, we found a bird’s nest!”

Dalaigh brought her to the tree and pointed to the nest. Casidhe cried. Her eyes hurt from all the beautiful things and the bright light but she couldn’t close them. She wanted to see all there was to see in this perfect world. The dead tree in the garden was full of leaves, the grass on the ground was green and some young flowers held up their heads to her and spread sweet aromas. She kneeled down next to her brother and neighbor and enjoyed the warmth of the incredible sun.

When she felt a hand on her shoulder she was afraid it would be an Aysiki forcing her back to Reality, but it was Fiach.

“Do you like this Dream?”

It was weird for her to hear her brothers voice in her head when her brother was right in front of her but she nodded and laughed for the first time in her life. She stopped the moment she heard the sound of her laugh.

“Uhm, sorry. I’m not sure what I just did.”

“Why are you letting Reality get to you when your Dream makes you so much happier?”

“What are you saying? This is a Dream, it’s a mere Fantasy. It doesn’t exist, only in my head!”

The man without a face remained silent pointing the emptiness of his face at Casidhe. Then he shook his head. “Are you trying to tell me that I do not exist? That I am a mere Fantasy?”

“I am! There is no way you can’t have a face!”

The world changed immediately, the sun blacked out and her little brother disappeared at the same time as the trees and the grass and all that existed. She stood in complete darkness. She felt the cold and could hear the whispers. The Aysiki had arrived. She was back in Reality where the Aysiki ruled, where she was about to die.

“Moekate, sket strumpe ai nec trismut."

The chills went down her spine as she could see the Aysiki right in front of her face. He was telling her that she had to give the Globe back or die as their food right now. But she would never give away the only item in the world that could save her brother. The Globe had lost its light earlier but she could still feel its warmth. It might still work. She just had to get it to Dalaigh. She had to save him. Even if it seemed impossible, even if the Aysiki took her… if he was safe then nothing else mattered.

“Is this really the Reality you want?”

The Aysiki shrank and backed away from the light the man without a face emitted.

“What are you talking about? This IS reality. There is nothing I can do about that.” She was growing tired of this man without a face.

“If this was reality then how can I be here? I was a mere Fantasy remember?”

Casidhe was dumbfounded. Fiach had a point there. He was the Soldier of Freedom for sure. But he was locked up in the Realms of Dreams. There was no way he could be here. There was no way a Man without a face could exist in Reality.

“How can a man without a face exist?!”

“I have a face, dear Casidhe. You just can’t remember it.”

“What are you talking about?! I never ever saw your face before. Nobody did! You’re a LEGEND, you hear? The man without a face, The Soldier of Freedom? The man that could save this world from those awful Aysiki creatures? That’s YOU. And you’re really not doing a great job. Now, just help me save my little brother would you? Those creatures fear you, so I might be able to reach my little brother and save him with this globe of yours.”

Fiach nodded and guided her to her house where her little brother was fast asleep in his own bed, sick. He was already starting to fade into the darkness. She kneeled down and placed the globe in his hands. He groaned at its warmth.

“Dalaigh, come on. Take it. It will make you feel better. It will heal you. Dalaigh!!”

He dissapeared, but she couldn’t hear the laughs of the Aysiki nor could she feel the warm hand of Fiach. She could only stare at the spot where used to be her brother and now was an Aysiki. It grinned victoriously at her.

“Casidhe, you should wake up. Look at me.”

She slowly turned around with tears in her eyes. Her sole purpose of living had been consumed by the darkness and turned into an Aysiki, the very creature she hated. She would never ever see him again. She would never be able to touch him again. She had lost him. Her precious little brother, her only light. Nothing mattered anymore since he was gone.

Fiach touched her face. “Remember my face… Casidhe!”

His light dimmed and slowly but surely they were standing in complete darkness again. Fiach had disappeared together with Dalaigh, she was all alone now as the cold fingers of the Aysiki grabbed her and took her with her for the eternity of darkness. The cold, brute world of Darkness where deaths were the standard. Murders committed without being seen, without hearing the victims. A world of complete nothingness.

“Remember my face…” It echoed through her head as she saw her life passing by.

At her left side she felt her husband’s hand, at her right the small hand of her son. They were quietly talking to one another. Her head was blank. She couldn’t remember anything but the weird nightmare she just had. A nightmare about darkness and no freedom.

Someone entered the room, someone she didn’t recognize. As soon as she saw the name of the man written on his coat, she remembered what had happened. She got hit by a car.

“Mister Enos?” Casidhe felt her husband move. “Your wife is in a severe condition, but she seems stable now. Her brains seems to be damaged quite badly and there is a high possibility that she might not remember anything. I am also sorry to tell you that there is a chance she will not awaken from her coma.”

Her son started to sob. The doctor shouldn’t have bluntly told that while he was in the room. He may have been 5 years old, but he sure was very intelligent.

“Dalaigh…” Her voice was a mere whisper, but the room went silent instantaneously.

“Mommy?”

With utmost effort she opened her eyes and smiled to her son. Her husband hurried to her side. “Casidhe…”

“Fiach.” She wanted to touch him, but she couldn’t move.

“Welcome back, my love.”

Oh, please note, I have to thank Hadriel for pointing out some mistakes I made ^^"

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you ^^ It won the WOTF I wrote it for ^^

Yeah I liked it too, as like covers 8D XD I didnt make the pictures myself though, I only sharpened the first one and mad the second one a loot darker ^^ oh and I added the text for both ofcourse and gave them shape XD but the actual picutres were made by who knows XD

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member

Dear Mother,

I’m sorry for the horrible sight you just encountered and the blood on this letter. I can imagine that it might haunt your mind for the rest of your life. See it as a revenge for all those years we spend together. Years that we can actually recall in just a few words, right? When I’d actually see you, then the only thing you’d say to me is: “Just get rid of whatever prevents you from achieving your goal and you’ll grow up to be happy.” You’ve been a terrible mother, but you were right about that. I’ll explain to you why.

“Hey, I heard Lillian and Matt finally got together!”

That one sentence of a classmate meant the end for me. We were always together. Matt was my best friend and Lillian, well, Lillian’s mom and you were best friends, so what can I say about that. Whenever you had to work I got dumped at her place. We quickly grew up to be friends, you were quite happy with that even though you wanted more out of our relationship.

Matt and Lillian both had these very dark brown eyes that seemed to shine in the dark. It wasn’t that weird that people always matched up Lillian and Matt, they looked really great together, but I always felt a sting of jealousy whenever I heard people say that they should be a couple. You always liked to stir up that fire of envy in me, didn’t you? Too bad you never understood the real reason of my jealousy, you might have ended up being the support I really needed. No, that’s a silly idea, what am I writing? You could barely lay your eyes upon me without throwing up, without knowing the real reason. I can’t even imagine what you’d have done to me if you did know. Maybe the blood you can see in my room would also have been on your hands then? We’ll never know.

Never hit the messenger, right? Classic. It was the first mistake I made, besides of course trusting you. My classmate couldn’t know any better, but I beat him to pulp nonetheless for giving me the bad news of Lillian and Matt being an item. Just to get that happy grin of his face, I rebuilt his face with my fists. Something you would approve of, right?

I’d always been a great actor and nobody knew the truth about me. Nobody even knew the real me. No, mom, not even you knew me though that can’t be much of a surprise anymore now, can it? As you can feel my blood ruining your pretty shoes as you read this.

Blind creatures we humans can be. We only see what we want to see. So, what others saw in me was this innocent, obedient and kind child. Hitting someone really didn’t fit that picture. I left the whole class in shock as I ran out of the classroom.

Outside, I saw them. I sneaked up to them, quietly, like a lioness would sneak up to her prey, just to get a better view of what they we’re doing. That was the second mistake I made. I shouldn’t have done that, I knew what I’d end up seeing anyway and I surely knew I wouldn’t like the sight.

I’m not sure how I felt as I watched; how the lips I wanted to kiss so badly were kissed by someone else, how I was invisible to the dark brown shimmering eyes that now stared at someone else, how those hands I wanted to hold were touching the skin of someone else, and most of all, how that someone else, that lucky person, was no one less than my friend.

I got the urges to puke, to scream, to cry, to run, but all I could do was standing there and feeling my jealousy burn my soul. With every new heartbeat my body ached a bit more until finally… I heard the one I loved say: “I love you” to someone else.

I stood on that very same spot I spied on my friends when the principal found me. She had already called you about the incident of me hitting my classmate. You were sitting in a chair in her office, looking at me with the hate in your eyes that always fired in your eyes whenever I reminded you of dad. When you heard about what happened with Lillian and Matt, your eyes became calm and even started to shine again. However, as you walked out of the door you whispered to me: “Wrong person to beat to pulp. He’s not the guy standing in your way, is he? We should do something about that Matt. How dare he lay his hands on my friend’s daughter.” I started crying, your word choice was wrong. I indeed never wanted him to lay his hands on Lillian, but the fact that he did, made me feel so desperate and hopelessly useless.

I couldn’t tell you. Even now I’m having problems writing it down. You see, mother, I’m ashamed of it myself. I’m not right, I really am a failure. Another thing you were right about, huh?

Crying was something you did not want to see a anyone doing, surely not if it was without reason and if it was me. You beat me to pulp that night, remember? You stopped when you noticed I was bleeding and then you hugged me like a little baby. You promised me you’d help me take out Matt, you promised me to help me win over Lillian’s heart. You really thought I’d be happy to hear that. Little did you know.

Vacation finally started and you made Matt stay over at our house. I think I can describe those days as the best days of my life, honestly. You were there, he was there and Lillian was nowhere to be found. Matt kindly never mentioned Lillian and his relationship with her. It was just me and him and if I forget about the nights in which you gave me hints and tips as in how to get rid of Matt, I can actually say that they we’re the best days of my life. Just my best friend around me and a mother that seemed to care about me.

Of course there was an end to it, you had gotten inpatient and you brought over Lillian too, you really thought that bringing her here would make me feel more pressure, more need to quickly get rid of Lillian. You were once again right, it really did put me under pressure, because as kind as Matt is, he really did love Lillian and Lillian really did love him. It was a perfect love if only I wasn’t there.

It was that thought that kept spinning around in my head, if only I wasn’t here. You know, mother, the whole problem of your plan of getting rid of my rival had one big problem. Even if my rival was gone, nature would still be against me, you see?

I love Matt. Even at this moment that I’m writing this my heart is not beating to finish this letter to you but to see him one last time. I think he knew it, but he never mentioned it. He never rejected me, but also never accepted me. It might have been weird but I feel like I even love him more for that very reason.

I think if I had told you this all honestly from the start to you, mother. You’d have disowned me. I know how you always went on about how filthy people like me were and how people should kill people like me off. Yeah, you can feel at ease about that, at least you won’t have to dirty your hands killing me now.

Anyway, I have to hurry up because I’m starting to get really dizzy and sleepy, I think that might be because of the lack of blood in my body? I only cut one of my wrists, but it’s still going faster than I expected.

Back to what I was telling you, that one night you prepared the perfect kill for me, a little bit of poison in the form of too much nutmeg in dinner and some great drug in it to finish it, was the night I decided to not go through with it. I thought about killing Matt and about killing Lillian, but both felt wrong. They we’re both my friends. Besides that, killing off Lillian or Matt wouldn’t change any feelings. So I’ll tell you why your plan went wrong, I simply changed bottles. And I threw away the plate of food with too much nutmeg and replaced it with non-poisoned food.

Mom, I know I’ve been going on about how much I hate you ,but for real, I only hate myself. You tried your best in your own weird and illegal way. You never wanted to get me, but you still took care of me in the best way you could. I love you for that mom… I really do.

I don’t want to be a bother to anyone any longer, I don’t want to feel unloved by the people I love.

If anyone had to go to make this place a better place, it had to be me.

With love, pain and blood sipping out of me,
Your son,
Stan.