Fire emblem what do you think of it?

What do you think of fire emblem the characters in general and what exactly happened in the end?
I was going to put this in the gaming section but what i'm really asking about is what happened to the characters in fire emblem for gameboy advance. at the end when you kill the dragon i think nils and ninan closed the gate from the other side but i read that there was an ending where eliwood and ninan were wed and their child was named roy? This was one of a few possible endings where eliwood could haved married any of the main female characters and their child would still be roy, so what i'm asking is how do you get that ending or figure out who married who and so on.
I beat the game once in lyn's tale and eliwood's tale each on normal but the ending I got only had that nils and ninan closed the gate on the other side and then 15 years later eliwood and hector meet their kids go off and play, one is roy and then some mysterious guy talks about chaos or something and reveals a scar on his eye laugs and then finishes.
so what exactly happened? I tried so many sites for storylines but the one i saw must have sucked cause i still dont get it.
If anyone know what happened, the storyline or a site with it or even better explain it to me could you please reply
thanks for any replys (FIRE EMBLEM ROCKS!!!)