Final Fantasy X HD remake to hit PS3 and Vita

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
Who didn't see an HD remake coming? It seems to be the rage these days. The God of War series got a full HD nip and tuck so it only makes sense that one of the most successful Final Fantasy game of the last generation gets a HD makeover. Off course, this is Squeenix we're talking about. How many times have they re-released the same game a dozen times over various consoles. Oh right, a dozen times! I'm no longer a big fan of X as I used to be but given a resonable price I may pick up the PS3 copy for the nostalgia run without the "yuck, POLYGONS!" If you're wondering where the FFVII HD remake is, well tough shit as usual.
Some Final Fantasy fans may spend their days begging for a remake of Final Fantasy VII, but that's apparently still not in the cards. What is coming, however, is an HD upgrade for last-gen favorite Final Fantasy X.At Sony's Tokyo Game Show press conference, Square Enix took the stage to announce a few titles for the PlayStation Vita. The sole new PS3 announcement was an HD version of Final Fantasy X which will also make its way to the Vita.Square said we can look forward to hearing more information on Final Fantasy X HD in the near future, as the title is already well under way. It's currently unclear if the game will be a direct port with upgraded graphics or if Square will possibly offer some new content. Either way, I'm personally quite excited for the excuse to replay one of my favorite Final Fantasy titles.
Source: Gameinformer

Looks like you beat me to it by mere minutes. Wouldn't have called an FFX remake though. Not exactly excited over it,my sister just brought my copy with her when she came over because she'd been stuck on Evrae for weeks. That game has some really dickish double-gank bosses. Everything from Bevelle to Zanarkand is just a gauntlet of suck. Good for Square getting some of their money back I suppose,but I stopped buying their games after the train-wreck that was FFXII. Even Dragon Quest is being tainted with DQX being online-only,you'd think they would learn something after the total failure of FFXIV. This generation needs some good console RPGs,I have yet to find one,but this isn't the way to do this,it's just a cash grab like XIII-2 and XIII-3 saving money by recycling resources. That shit hasn't been done right since Majora's Mask.

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
Hmmm... well Final Fantasy X wasn't exactly my favorite game of the series. Tidus just kinda got on my nerves a bit. I like the idea though that they're going back and "re-doing" so to speak but... I don't think I would have picked FFX to re-do :/I would have loved if they perhaps did a game from Lulu's point of view since she was my favorite character in the game and through the process of the game we don't really get to see into her character as much as Tidus and Yuna.If they continue with this HD remake I hope they remake FFVI, FFVII and FFIXI would really love to see the old Playstation day graphics redone with the technology today BUT keep the master piece of the story untouched

[quote name='"amandaluvsya' date=' post: 47734"']I would have loved if they perhaps did a game from Lulu's point of view since she was my favorite character in the game and through the process of the game we don't really get to see into her character as much as Tidus and Yuna.[/quote]​
This right here,this is the cancer. The series was fun when things were new but recognizable. That's right up until FFVII stole FFVI's plot then nobody liked FFVIII even though it had the best visual design of the PSX games and the best minigame. Then FFIX came along with it's patchwork plot and terrible design and X rolled into view with it's sketchy voice acting. Everything else is just Sweet Square and Hella Enix falling down an endless staircase of shit games.​
You know why you never get any in-depth view of Lulu's character? Because she doesn't have one. The only plausible concept for a Lulu-centric game would be to follow her first pilgrimage,which would end with one dead summoner and one goth whore slinking home finishing with a shot of Wakka's balls bouncing off her chin.​
Anytime someone wants Square to make a remake or spin-off of "insert game" I want to launch a railroad tie through their foreheads for not understanding that this is how Square became the joke it is now. This is not the way to redeem this company or this franchise.​
You know what would be better than making Final Fantasy Extreme Beach Volleyball? A new Chrono game. Or how about a good Parasite Eve game? I hear that Capcom put out this obscure little blip on the radar no one bought called "Megaman 9" that sold just fine by saying "screw the ongoing casualization of games,we're gonna appeal to our long time fans by giving them a balls-hard retro game like they remember our series being.". You want to make a spin-off Final Fantasy game? Here's what you do,copy Capcom by making a retro game that takes the series back to it's high-fantasy roots complete with classic sounding Uematsu tunes and either SNES style sprites or even Disgaea 4 style HD sprites.​
When your lost fanbase sees that you're giving them a game that looks,feels,and sounds like FFVI without copy/pasting FFVI (This is important.) they will be forced to take note instead of instantly seeing "-2,-3" and knowing without even seeing it that they already give not one fuck. It'll be dirt cheap and it just might be the lightning strike this name needs to get back on it's feet. The retro market is making realistic money and Square Enix is far too content to sit back and dick-whip their fans.​

amandaluvsya

Kissing ZeroKnight's Neck
Staff member
That's why I said "perhaps". Not exactly sure if they could make a game I just think it might be interesting to see her story with whatever route they go, add to the story or go back to her past. Wouldn't really matter to me, I'd probably play it. I don't mind a game having bad graphics or the voice being out of sink or whatever. To me as long as it has a good story, I'll play it. *sigh* It was just my opinion, I wasn't looking for a debate...