[Discussion Thread] P3: Memento Mori [GAME OVER]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credits to Senri Kudou and Naoji

Story:
Prophecy speaks of a Dark Prince who would bring about the Fall of mankind, and summon Nyx, Goddess of the Fall. Nyx has come and gone, sealed away, sleeping, but only with great sacrifice. However, even with two Seals, it was not enough. Nyx has come and taken over. There is only one way to stop her: to turn back the hands of time, and prevent the Fall from ever occurring. We cannot fear death, but must stare it straight in the face, for all things must come to pass.

Basics: Each person is assigned an arcana, and corresponding powers, which can only be unlocked once an appropriate social standing has been reached. Each person will have 200 LP and 100 SP. Every spell you use and every social link you make will take up a certain amount of SP. SP is recharged each day, with 75 SP being restored each day, while LP must be healed.

Persona: Personas are like a facet of your personality: they will only emerge once you have begun to make strong bonds with other people. Each Persona is classified into one of twenty-one arcana, and each persona will differ based on your arcana. The different arcana will be listed below. Perhaps they will help to determine your future…

The Fool: The first card, numbered 0. It suggests infinite possibilities.

The Magician: Represents action and initiative… but also immaturity.

The Priestess: Represents contemplation and inner knowledge.

The Empress: Represents motherhood and the life it brings forth. It is at opposition with the Emperor.

The Emperor: Represents fatherhood, and relates to leadership and decision-making skills. It is at opposition with the Empress.

The Hierophant: Represents formality and knowledge, and stands for religion.

The Lovers: Represents choice, and the surfacing of one’s consciousness.

The Chariot: Represents a momentary victory for one’s self.

Justice: Represents the knowledge of what is right and what is wrong.

The Hermit: Represents one’s search for answers deep inside one’s self.

Fortune: Represents fate, and the opportunities that come with it.

Strength: Represents both passion and self-control.

The Hanged Man: Reflects one’s inability to take action.

Death: Represents both endings and beginnings.

Temperance: Represents the balancing of opposites, which allows one to grow as a person.

The Devil: Represents the temptations that one must face.

The Tower: Represents the steady collapse of one’s values.

The Star: Represents hope in the darkness.

The Moon: Represents illusions and trickery.

The Sun: Represents true achievement.

Judgment: Represents reflection, and the knowledge gained from this.

[/SPOILER]

Abilities

There are four kinds of abilities in this game: attacks, spells, status-effectors, and passives.

Attacks come in three types: Strike, Slash, and Pierce. If a player is resistant to a type of attack, the chances of your attack working is halved. If a player is weak to a type of attack, then the chances of your attack working is doubled. Otherwise, your attack will have the same percentage. This works on the same principle with LP.

Spells come in three categories, each with specific types. Offensive spells are classified as follows: Fire, Ice, Wind, Lightning, Dark, and Light. There is also a seventh category, but that will not be needed till the time is correct. The resistance mechanisms work the same way as with attacks.

Defensive spells do just as they say: they can defend targets from certain forms of attack or status ailments.

There are also specialized spells, which can do things such as raise a person’s attack percentage, or stun an enemy.

All active abilities require some sort of sacrifice, either Life Points or Spell Points.

Passives are just that: abilities that kick in without you having to activate them. You can have more than one passive running at a time. These passive abilities are EXTREMELY helpful.

Statuses:

These are statuses that you can be inflicted with. None of these are good things, so try to get rid of them as soon as possible.

Fear- There is a 75% chance of hitting yourself with an attack.

Panic- There is a 50% chance of hitting yourself with an attack

Distress- There is a 25% chance of hitting yourself with an attack.

Poison- Suffer from a 20 LP loss every day you have this status.

Charm- A person cannot take ANY action.

Rage- A person can only use physical abilities: they cannot use any form of spell.

Social Link/Ranking System-
Each person can use some of their SP each day to link with people, more specifically, 10 SP per link. At first, everyone will start at rank 0, with no spells or abilities. However, with each link made, they will gain a power, and the powers will become stronger for both people. Different people will have different max level caps. If you link with a person, but they don’t link back, that is 1 point. If both of you link each other, that is two points. If you link one of the “recommended” people on your role sheet without them linking back to you, that’s three points. The maximum, however, would be four points, when both you and one of your recommended people link to each other. Sometimes, you can gain ranks in other ways, although these you will have to discover for yourself. You can also enlarge your circle of friends, although this you will also have to discover for yourself.

Every eight points, you gain one rank, although the number of ranks you can gain are dependent on the kind of person you are. You will be notified when you have reached a new rank, what rank you are, and the new power they have gained, but not of how close you are to the next rank, or how many points you’ll need to get there.

There is a risk to social linking, however: if you happen to accidentally link with the Guardian of your corresponding Arcana, you will become “possessed”, and change allegiances to the Guardian side. You will still, however, be able to link with others. If you link with a Guardian of an arcana that isn’t yours, you will receive a 25 LP deduction due to aura incompatibility.

Shadow Leveling Up: Shadows, however, receive ability increases by landing successful attacks and spells on the “goodies”. They all start of at the equivalent of Rank 2 of a Link, and gain: one point per missed attack, two points per missed spell, three points per successful attack, and the maximum of four points per successful spell.

Page 2

Groups- Each group has a specialized ability. This ability can only be used when all members of the group have already linked to each other at least once. It also requires 50 LP and 25 SP from each member.

Assassination Website Service: There is a certain group that will offer to assassinate people… for the price of 10% of your current LP and your role. However, be warned: these people are VERY picky. If they deny your request, it will result in instant-death for you. Still, they are required to accept at least ONE request per day. So, if you choose to take out a contract, be wary…

Shinshoudo Antiques Spell Purchases: If you’re tired of waiting around for your ranks to level up, it IS possible to buy spell cards to upgrade your Persona. However, be warned: you will have to pay for these purchases with your own life energy, with no warning of exactly what each spell can do, and with every day that passes, the prices of these purchases will be steeper and steeper…

Remember: ONE item per CUSTOMER per DAY.

THE CURRENT SHOP LISTING

Agi- 10 LP

Maragi- 15 LP

Bufu- 10 LP

Mabufu- 15 LP

Medicine- 20 SP

Snuff Soul- 20 LP

Goals

Humanity- You must find a way to prevent Nyx from being summoned. Being limited in this role, I cannot aid you in this task. You must find out how to do this yourself. Preventing Nyx’s summoning will result in Ultimate Victory. If Nyx IS summoned, however, you will have to find a way to defeat her, which will only result in Normal Victory.

The Guardians- Your goal is to wipe out ALL humans and herald the coming of Nyx, regardless if their allegiance is Humanity or not.

Strega- Your goal is simple: to destroy SEES and ensure that the Dark Hour remains secure. However, regardless of your own allegiances, you must STILL carry out assassinations.

Basic Rules:

1. Please keep spam to a minimum. I want to ensure that no one has to come back to twenty pages of nothing after a good night’s rest, so if you are posting, PLEASE be productive.

2. The same goes for trolling VERY MUCH.

3. Screen shots of roles, and text shots of roles, are definitely not allowed here. However, public role gathering is not banned, but will be frowned upon by the general community.

4. You will be required to vote at least once every two days, and post at least once per day. It’s not hard, is it?

5. Once you are dead, you may not post in this thread any longer. Please refrain from doing so.

6. General forum rules still apply here, ladies and gentlemen.

Useful Links:

The MegaTen Wiki

Persona

FAQ:

All important queries shall be placed here. Feel free to peruse it at your pleasure.

Q: Can I have OVER 200 LP and 100 SP?

A: Yes, you can, but the absolute maximum is 50 above each, making it 250 LP and 150 SP.

Q: Is it possible for me to link more than once a day?

A: As long as you have the SP to do so, you can make as many links as you like per day. However, you can only link to the same person three times per day. After that, you must link with someone else.

Q: How about attacks and stuff? Am I limited with those as well?

A: No, you can continue to attack, use spells, and perform actions as long as you have the SP or LP to do so.

Q: Can I just spam link with the same person for the maximum amount of points every day?

A: There is nothing keeping you from using this tactic: however, there are certain advantages if you choose to link with other people.

Q: All the text was confusing: what are the regen rates again?

A: You regenerate 75 SP every day. However, you do not regenerate LP unless I say you can.

Q: Is there some sort of PM… format… thingy?

A: No, there will not be a strict enforced PM Format. All I ask is that you at least label your PMs with either Persona 3 or Memento Mori. Including the purpose of each is optional, but would be most convenient.

Q:… Should I stop asking these questions?

A: No, by all means, I’m fine with questions and queries, as long as they’re relevant to the game. This doesn’t mean you can spam my inbox, though, and I will not look kindly on people who do so.

“I chooseth this fate of my own free will, and take responsibility for all that may occur.â€

1. Tsukiko- The Hermit

2.♣미야코♣ - Takaya, betrayer of the Fortune Arcana

3. --Pal-- - Maiko, representing the Hanged Man Arcana

4. VivaLaDementia- Chihiro Fushimi, representing the Justice Arcana[/S[

5. Wolfnagi- Aigis, representing the Chariot Arcana

6. Crestham- Justice

7. Johnzy- Kenji Tomochika, representing the Magician Arcana

8. Avan- Fuuka Yamagishi, representing the Priestess Arcana

9. EroLussion- The Chariot

10. Emeralda- Nozomi Suemitsu, representing the Moon Arcana

11. TheRazyChan- Rio Iwasaki, representing the Chariot Arcana

12. Riruka- Junpei Iori, representing the Magician Arcana

13.chronicle_-Akihiko Sanda, representing the Emperor Arcana

14. Kulitman- Mamoru Hayase, representing the Star Arcana

15. Shadowwolf- Kazushi "Kaz" Miyamoto, representing the Chariot Arcana

16.godofwar7- The Emperor

17.moon- Isako Toriumi, representing the Hermit Arcana

18. Murasaki Cho- Hamuko Arisato, representing the Fool Arcana

19. Amulet Shade- Yukari Takeba, representing the Lovers Arcana

20.HaloCapella- Mutatsu, representing the Tower Arcana

21. Ludoggy- Yuko Nishiwaki, representing the Strength Arcana

22. kamil- Shinjiro Aragaki, representing the Hierophant Arcana

23. Yuuki Rei- Strength

24. Hadriel- Mitsuru Kirijo, representing the Empress Arcana

25. Graham Aker- The Empress

26. Kabiigon- Ken Amada, Desecrator of Justice

27. Ataraxia- Akinari Kamiki, representing the Sun Arcana

28. Sanae- Hidetoshi Odagiri, representing the Emperor Arcana

29. Foreverava- Shuji Ikutsuki, betrayer of the Fool Arcana

30. acky- Minato Arisato of the Fool Arcana

Day 1 Day Post

Day 2 Day Post

Day 3 Day Post

Refrain from posting in orange, Cresty. We don't want misunderstandings based on faction colours.

So, who's going to be the first day sacrificial ham this time?

You suck, old man.

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
[quote name='Hadriel']Refrain from posting in orange, Cresty. We don't want misunderstandings based on faction colours.

So, who's going to be the first day sacrificial ham this time?

You suck, old man.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll refrain from using orange.

Walking towards those who had volunteered, Victoria halted for a bit. Only thirty... No, it was a blessing that thirty people had been willing to sacrifice their lives for this endeavor. And yet... Victoria's head throbbed. Why had she wanted 45? What was so important? She shook her head, and began to speak.

"Thank you, thank you all. I am sure you all know that we must save this world, by finding and eradicating Nyx. This will require much dedication, and possibly bloodshed, on your part. But... it is a necessary evil, so that the world may be safe. Please, regard my words, and regard my plea. For if we do not do this, who will? Anyways, I pray that you may all adjust to your new lives, or, rather, your new disguises, well. I shall see you all at the fated hour."

They left, then, grumbling a bit, but it didn't phase Victoria. After all, they had accepted the possibility of death without anger. And yet... There was something, something nagging her...

----

In the darkness, a glow lit the dim walls of a small apartment. Click click click. Fingers, moving across a keyboard, steady and sure. Then, a satisfied grunt, a tapped key, a whisper. "And so it begins..." [The Assassination Website is up and running.]

---

Adjusting the sign, the shopkeeper grins. "Ah, finally back in business. It's just too bad that it's quiet around here, and no one to talk to. Still, at least there's bound to be custom for me!" A tinkling sound alerted her to an incoming customer, and the woman grinned. "This early? Haha, aight. Welcome to my shop. I hope you find what you're looking for!" [The Shinshoudo Antique Store is open.]

---

Looming over the sleeping figure, the boy giggled. "They look so innocent asleep... It's... charming, I suppose is the word." He jumped from his watching place and crept in closer. "Not ideal... But, not bad. Kukukuku..." Slowly, he faded away, and the figure writhed in painful dreams. [A spirit has found a host.]

----

The game has now commenced. This first day will end tomorrow, 5 PM GMT+8.

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
I am a guardian! The rest of you guardians better contact me! @_@

Just kidding. Man, that sacrificial ham thing was just... meh.

So a spirit has already acted, and someone has already bought from the store?

Crestham

~*†Tank†*~
Highly unlikely. That post was probably pure spam, in any case.

And there seems to be no activity, which means no one to lynch for now.

[quote name='Graham Aker']Sesshomaru: Jaken dig a grave..we will need it soon...

Jaken: Yes sesshomaru sama..*digs grave*[/QUOTE]

Asking for a lynch, Aker?

;hello;

Status
Not open for further replies.