Discipline vs Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanae

Staff member
I've been hearing about this "Tabascoing" a lot lately. Tabascoing is a new form of disciplining children nowadays.

Do you think forcing a child to guzzle down tabasco sauce discipline or abuse? This can also go with other forms of punishment.

Discipline should involve revoking privilages, not causing harm. If this "tabascoing" is massively painful or uncomfortable then it's abuse, otherwise it's just neglect (Seriously, that can't be healthy).

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Old Days Disciplines = Almost a level of abuse.

Strangely, it works.

But nowadays, with thread like these.

I'll say, in order to reinforce disciplines, sometimes you must go to level abuse BUT if its for good reason (smoking, taking drugs, not listening to what your parents say at all, etc.)

Otherwise, just punish them a little.

It is important that people strike a balance between abuse and leniency while disciplining others. Too much and the child bears a grudge forever. Too little and the child grows complacent.

For me, a degree of abuse is fine if it is accompanied by an explanation of what the child did wrong and how he can correct his/her behavior. If you punish a child, you need to tell him why you punish him, and that's how he learns.

Tabasco sauce is pretty tasty though.

Bố

It depends.

A few hit on the hands are okay.

Slamming your kid's head to the wall is not okay.

Pour hot boiled water on your kid is not okay.

Makes your kid eat sauce is not okay. <--why not let the kid eats something he/she dislikes instead of eating that crap?

[quote name='Sanae']I've been hearing about this "Tabascoing" a lot lately. Tabascoing is a new form of disciplining children nowadays.

Do you think forcing a child to guzzle down tabasco sauce discipline or abuse? This can also go with other forms of punishment.[/QUOTE]

WHAT THE FUCK? LOL

What kind of cruel shit is that? Where the hell do they do that? Lol, oh man, the things people will do to say they dont hit their children.

Typically abuse doesnt dont anything, it just teaches fear. Theyre not really learning what they did wrong, theyre just scared to get it. Plus then they do it to their kids

I agree with Handrail. Regardless of method, unless it's too extreme, one should always punish their kids if they did something wrong. No, giving them chocolates whilst reprimanding them about their actions isn't the equivalent of a good spanking, preferably in the presence of all of their friends. That would send a good message across.

...Kay, maybe I sound too sadistic there. Oh well, as long as somebody gets beaten~

;jump;

[quote name='Shadowwolf']Not abuse. Not even spicy or hot. It is lame. I had what they called a hot pepper in the mouth[/QUOTE]

Yeah I used to just get slapped. None of this weird hotsauce and pepper weird shit.

Sanae

Staff member
[quote name='Kamil']Discipline should involve revoking privilages, not causing harm. If this "tabascoing" is massively painful or uncomfortable then it's abuse, otherwise it's just neglect (Seriously, that can't be healthy).[/QUOTE]

Agreed ^__^

There was one case where a child died from this form (why do I keep putting forum lol) :\ I'll have to try to look for the article.

_________

When disciplining a child, I think it also depends on the age... I see some parents trying to discipline their 1yr olds... They can't understand and if they do, they're going to eventaully forget <_<; What are you going to do? Yell and spank them every time they do something bad?

If spankings are given out, an explanation is good. Totally agrees with the hitting just instills fear instead of the kid actually learning his lesson and respecting you.. Or, if they do it'll take a long time and they will resent you in the long run.

Parents are fucking pansies these days. But it isn't really their own fault. It's society's fault. Like, omg, I'm gonna call social services on you, bitch! And since the kid knows no better, s/he's gonna go along with the ride, until they realize the dumb shit they did, and then come whining back.

Family matters.

Unless arms are broken and face is like a soccer ball, STAY THE FUCK OUT!

*sigh*

Sanae

Staff member
Couldn't find the article that a child dis die from such a punishment, but I did find the one that sparked the craze http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110131...auce_discipline_tactics_land_her_in_hot_water

I can actually believe a child dying from guzzling down hot sauce... Not everyone can handle any type of hot sauce (not just tabsco sauce). It could cause lots of stomach problems/pain.. Especially, if it's a small child.

Note: I'm not saying it's wrong to discipline your kids, but some do take it to the extremes :\ Just wanted to know what others thought on the subject ^^

Wolfnagi

♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~Nagi~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Also,

At my place, Tabasco means nothing.

Forcing your children to eat really hot chili (the small green one, I forgot their names in English) is much more spicier that the tabasco sauce.

We need public canning.........

Sanae

Staff member
Don't forget I did say "and other forums", so this is still on topic ^^

I recall some parents chasing their kids around with those wooden spoons for being bad xD They'd usually swat them on the butt or legs (behind the calves). Did anyone here ever receive the swat to the butt xD? I can't tell you if it was really hard or not, because it wasn't done to me.. I was smart enough to not want that done to me so I behaved xD

A balance of both. There's always a saying

What's life when you could never have a little bit of fun and abuse and a little bit of cruise control in discipline :3

Just go moderately retard on one of them, not full retard, that shit's dangerous; it'lll suck the life out of you, like shamwow.

I recall some parents chasing their kids around with those wooden spoons for being bad xD They'd usually swat them on the butt or legs (behind the calves). Did anyone here ever receive the swat to the butt xD? I can't tell you if it was really hard or not, because it wasn't done to me.. I was smart enough to not want that done to me so I behaved xD

May I ask why spoon? Cause I recall my mom chasing me with her iron buckled belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.