Cookie section

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
You see, we all agree and hate one thing. LEECHERS!

So, to avoid or minimise leecher downloading and overloading download servers, I suggest we put a restriction for new comers.

I remember a (game)forum where the links are show after 10 posts(contribute a bit, yanni). I know they will end up spamming, but that's better than overloading servers and links. Of course, there are other kind of restriction beside hiding the links, and that's the whole cookie forum is gone for those under ten posts.

Maybe you have better suggestions, so, post them out.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Rawr, the main site doesn't even require registration from what I remember, but having a 10 post rule there, OR EVEN BETTER, making people pay with Gil for what they download or read, would be nice.

Canabary

Administrator
[quote name='Biomega' timestamp='1306777752' post='141416']

You see, we all agree and hate one thing. LEECHERS!

So, to avoid or minimise leecher downloading and overloading download servers, I suggest we put a restriction for new comers.

I remember a (game)forum where the links are show after 10 posts(contribute a bit, yanni). I know they will end up spamming, but that's better than overloading servers and links. Of course, there are other kind of restriction beside hiding the links, and that's the whole cookie forum is gone for those under ten posts.

Maybe you have better suggestions, so, post them out.

[/quote]

We appreciate the concern, but our servers are more than powerful enough to cope with the current traffic, and any forseeable increase

Let's DDOS them to oblivion to see their full capabilities!

AaaaaaaaaaaaahHahahahahaHAhaHahahhaha!

<3

Wait... bad joke. I read something about you actually going through shit like that in the past. Was it the competition, or maybe just haters?

[quote name='Emeralda' timestamp='1306779145' post='141437']

Rawr, the main site doesn't even require registration from what I remember, but having a 10 post rule there, OR EVEN BETTER, making people pay with Gil for what they download or read, would be nice.

[/quote]

I support teh usage of gil for DLs.......

I believe that that might actually discourage people from visiting. There are many other sources from where to get their anime and manga fix. Why bother contributing when it's faster and easier to find a site where you can do that with no effort?

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Ok, so manga would be for free, since if the people are reading it on the site anyway, they might as well drop by from time to time. But anime? They just need to click it and forget about the site until they'd feel like leeching again. If it would cost gil, it would generate some activity on the forum. It did work quite well for GenerationOtaku when it was still active.

I can't argue with that if you're talking from experience. The only idea I could recommend is to make it easy for the first few episodes. Like, register yourself to the forum and you can watch an episode (1 episode = 1 gil, registering = 5 gil). Wanna watch a second episode? Introduce yourself in the section, or just reply to whatever you want! (1 gil per post, unless in spam section). And stuff like that...

And after you get a decent amount of members you could increase the price of watching an ep, and so on...

I don't actually agree with having to 'pay' gil or posts to download. It will just end up attracting lots of spammers. Happened to an anime site I once moderated for. Servers are still up, active posters I can count on 10 fingers, and most are spammers spamming to gain points enough to download stuff.

Don't really understand why the site owner is still leaving the servers up for downloading.