Child Circumcision

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Yes they did.
But the question is. Is it really needed?

Not being circumcised ,is it a danger to the health of the infant? No it isn't.
It is a commodity. A tradition.
Simillar to plastic surgery. And you don't see parents doing that to their children. Do you? XD

lol

noex1337

Emmie was here
Yes they did.
But the question is. Is it really needed?

Not being circumcised ,is it a danger to the health of the infant? No it isn't.
It is a commodity. A tradition.
Simillar to plastic surgery. And you don't see parents doing that to their children. Do you? XD

lol
If only you knew. America is a fun place.

But that's besides the point. It's a commodity with no longer relevant health benefits. Is that reason enough to outlaw it?

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
If only you knew. America is a fun place.

But that's besides the point. It's a commodity with no longer relevant health benefits. Is that reason enough to outlaw it?
O=

Don't tell me! I don't wanna know! I like my innocence ! o.o

And there has to be a logical reason,why they wanna ban it,in the first place.
Or to say.

What was their reason? They had to have at least 1? Right?

Biomega

Net Ronin Of All Trades
What was their reason? They had to have at least 1? Right?
Circumcision is basically needless, and at worst a genital mutilation, plus they force it unto childrens, without the children's consent.

... I still remember the day... the beige-brown hued incandescent surgical lights... the insuperable pain...

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
<.< I told you not to scare me..and my innocent mind. :p
It is too late now...

And that sounds like a logical reason for banning it. Doesn't it?

noex1337

Emmie was here
Circumcision is basically needless, and at worst a genital mutilation, plus they force it unto childrens, without the children's consent.

... I still remember the day... the beige-brown hued incandescent surgical lights... the insuperable pain...
Well, this brings us back in a circle.

1. It has no severe physical effects

2. Children don't have rights (They do, but it's easier to say it that way)

3. Calling it "genital mutilation" seems a bit like a scare tactic, especially considering it was once beneficial.

"child circumcision", but it applies only to male babies right? As long as its not done to girls i don't think there is any problem with letting parents make the choice to do it to their boys or not. To me its about the same as getting babies ears pierced, I have a very neutral feeling about it.

"child circumcision", but it applies only to male babies right? As long as its not done to girls i don't think there is any problem with letting parents make the choice to do it to their boys or not. To me its about the same as getting babies ears pierced, I have a very neutral feeling about it.
Well its the same if it was done to a girl. Pretty pointless.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
I agree with Biomega. <.<

Female circumcision/ (FGC):
All procedures that involve partial or total removal of the external female genitalia, or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.
And i am not talking about clitoridectomy. it applies only to cancer cases.And it is not so common.
<.<

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
Why would you ban a relatively harmless religious custom? Wouldnt that infringe on peoples right of freedom of religion? And even if it has nothing to do with religion, if people decide its for the best of their kid (even if its based on nothing) then they should be able to do that right?

We let far more damaging things being done to kids, like parents not giving their kids shots against polio (turns you kid into an autistic kid) and instead rely on prayer or alternative bullshit medicine with all the real proven health risk consequences. Or not sending your kids to a school instead using homeschooling, denying your kids a whole lot of social experience needed to properly function in a modern world. Not to mention the fact that a lot of parents use this to teach their kids a whole lot bullshit because they arent qualified teachers or because they want to brainwash their kids into believing the same bullshit as they did.

So, there are far worse things you could and perhaps should ban first.

noex1337

Emmie was here
Why would you ban a relatively harmless religious custom? Wouldnt that infringe on peoples right of freedom of religion? And even if it has nothing to do with religion, if people decide its for the best of their kid (even if its based on nothing) then they should be able to do that right?

We let far more damaging things being done to kids, like parents not giving their kids shots against polio (turns you kid into an autistic kid) and instead rely on prayer or alternative bullshit medicine with all the real proven health risk consequences. Or not sending your kids to a school instead using homeschooling, denying your kids a whole lot of social experience needed to properly function in a modern world. Not to mention the fact that a lot of parents use this to teach their kids a whole lot bullshit because they arent qualified teachers or because they want to brainwash their kids into believing the same bullshit as they did.

So, there are far worse things you could and perhaps should ban first.
That homeschool bit sounds like it warrants a new topic, because i completely disagree.

Buried Under Ice

B R E A T H L E S S
On the subject of female circumcision:

Female circumcision, unlike male circumcision, completely removes the pleasure point and is done while the subject is a teen. The places in which this is done use it in order to stay sexual desires of their women. Unlike male circumcision, it is extremely harmful and has a higher chance of going wrong. It is also practiced far less than male circumcision.

And noex, agreed. The homeschooling part of the sentence is far more controversial. I too disagree with Lexus' statement.

Zero Phoenix

The Second Coming of Hazama
That homeschool bit sounds like it warrants a new topic, because i completely disagree.
Chillax Noex. This is just another chapter in the series entitled, "[lexus] Doesn't Know What the Hell He's Talking About." It's a painful read.

I'm really not sure if I should comment on this issue. It's the right of the parents to determine whether or not their kids get circumcised. It's not barbaric and it's not as dangerous as people would have you believe. It's something that Orthodox Jews have done since the time of Abraham. It's their culture, their religion, their rite, their right. Those of us, operating outside of the Orthodoxy don't have any ethical right to infringe on their practice.

It's just more of America's ass backwards policies.