[XB360]Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Dante

Devil Hunter of Hell
I just want to note to everybody that this review was written at the end of January, before all my free time went out the window. So....

[XB360]Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Introduction:

Well folks, the 6th installment of the Ace Combat series is here. (As well as my review series, since I have had a lot of free time to try out new games over the past month) As always, you are the main character in an Air Force of the beautiful country of Emmeria. But, things turn for the worse as a militaristic country of Estovakia invades your capital, forcing you to run (in this case, fly) from your homeland in order to build a better counter attack force. Now, it’s time for you to liberate your country from the hands of the Estovakians and put an end to their militaristic grasp.

Graphics: 9/10

Now, before I continue with this I just want to make this perfectly clear. All the games in this series have been played on by a 65” 1080p HDMI set. (Brand new, I love it, too bad I won’t have it in my dorm =| )

The graphics for this game were not less of outstanding. They have really improved from Ace Combat 5. Reflections off of the planes are much better and the debris off of the plane you just annihilated are much more realistic. Plus, they added a nice little feature. During communication chats in game, you can actually view what aircraft is talking to you, or sometimes, the actual pilot. I thought it was a great addition to the game.

Sounds: 9/10

The soundtrack for this game is absolutely amazing. The Ace Combat team really know how to cook up some good soundtracks, getting your blood going as you prepare to face off against 500 enemy crafts alone….(And you really thought I would give some game storyline away……HAH! Don’t make me laugh, fool ) But, the soundtrack is moving, and the voice acting, I thought, was pretty good also. Great job in the sounds department overall.

Controls: 8/10

The controls are OK. Nothing to be too exciting about. As with all the other games, you can choose between Novice and Normal controls. This basically separates the boys from the men….(Well, not really…It just shows how skilled you really are.) But, just note you can’t roll in Novice controls. Why, I have no idea….I thought that was a little annoying myself. But, I quickly found out why as I kept getting barraged by missiles and gunned by AA guns going, “OH MY GAWD! ALLIES COVERZ MEH!!!!111ONE!”

Overall: 9/10

A lot of the other guys at my home store said that this game sucks. Absolutely NOT! If you have played the other Ace Combat games, I think this one will be very enjoyable. Plus, unlockables that would really surprise you, give you ultimate godly power, and help you understand the enemies as well as your fellow allies….Even yourself! (….well the main character at least…..) But, this game is disappearing very quickly, so get your hands on it today!

For those who don’t know, the cost for one is around $50