Stairway to Heaven

Rascal

Welcome to my GFX/COLORING gallery... this is kinda like a journal for me to track my progress, any cnc is appreciated :)

hopefully i'll get a banner up soon

my very first attempt at gfx, lol *wince* :

and some works that followed shortly after, with a little cnc nd tips :

a oversized sig x.x :

Bố

CnC time.......

Okay, first of all..............don't put your text in a corner. Download some font and brushes and try them.

Nothing more since it's only your few first try, we'll have to see later.

Rascal

Original Image:

after my coloring:

i cant shade .... i just cant figure it out

more gfxing: ... i think it was too much this time tho, less is more i guess cuz the original pic looks better than my render lol

original:

[quote name='Kiyo']

more gfxing: ... i think it was too much this time tho, less is more i guess cuz the original pic looks better than my render lol

original:

[/QUOTE]

Mind telling me exactly how you managed to achieve this effect? Sure, it looks sketchy, but the effect is beautiful, and with some refining it could be awesome. Thanks! ;hello;

Rascal

Kyoko: thanks! i get all my stuff from Zerochan.net ... so far its been great stuff

Hadriel: ok lets see,

-original picture

-erase background

-replace with textured background from google

-recolor the background to a greenish color (it was purple)

- put the gradient on the background

-more darkness !!! >.> aka, cover overlay black (on top of the image and the background)

- find a image on google or DA that is black with sparkles... or... small glowing arbitrary dots and put it as a "screen" layer

- google fireflies, select black on google images.... save one, put it in as a screen layer nd recolor all the glowing stuff so its greenish/yellow

- select the eyes... layer via copy.... glow effects...

- put a light source over her back...

- white/yellow text + glow .__.

x.x nd yeh.... i was doing a bunch of unnecessary stuff im sure lol.... but i was jus messing around with the tools... so im sure there is a MUCH faster way to get the effect

ok new stuff:

slightly darker version:

stock:

[quote name='Kiyo']Kyoko: thanks! i get all my stuff from Zerochan.net ... so far its been great stuff

Hadriel: ok lets see,

-original picture

-erase background

-replace with textured background from google

-recolor the background to a greenish color (it was purple)

- put the gradient on the background

-more darkness !!! >.> aka, cover overlay black (on top of the image and the background)

- find a image on google or DA that is black with sparkles... or... small glowing arbitrary dots and put it as a "screen" layer

- google fireflies, select black on google images.... save one, put it in as a screen layer nd recolor all the glowing stuff so its greenish/yellow

- select the eyes... layer via copy.... glow effects...

- put a light source over her back...

- white/yellow text + glow .__.

x.x nd yeh.... i was doing a bunch of unnecessary stuff im sure lol.... but i was jus messing around with the tools... so im sure there is a MUCH faster way to get the effect

[/QUOTE]

I think so too. Hmm, I'll experiment around and see if there's another easier way. For one, you can use Winter Breeze brushes to achieve the effect of the light dots. Or maybe someone like Maria could come along and tell us how to do it.

Rascal

update:

I made another, more basic set, cnc is appreciated... but i totally deleted the ps file on accident (lies i noobishly didnt save a ps file at all) so i cant edit it

Rascal

My Latest work, I tried puting a text over the entire picture... i dont think it worked like i was hoping... but its not all that bad i think.

unless u did it intentionally kiyo-chi.... did u want the text to be over the render as well? D: and the boarder? OAO

And also, how did u achieve the lighter shade of text? did you lower the opacity of it? hmmmm next time, try using blending options to change it. for example, put your text layers all over your render/stock whatever, and then change the blending options to something like "Overlay" or "Softlight" the blending layers are in your layers palette btw :)

also, see if you can sharpen it a little bit.. kinda seems blurred... sharpen is Filter->sharpen->sharpen if it doesnt look good, dont do it x)

Also, play with the colours, like... using "Colour balance" or "Hue/Saturation" dont use too much of it...but just to experiment :) its also in the little ball thing i showed u where the gradient maps are...

these are all just suggestions :) you have to decide what looks good or doesnt x) <3333

cookies <3

Rascal

yeh i think it'd look better without the text on top... but i did it with.... i think difference? or ... idk it was by changing the layer from "normal" to something random , and ok lol i'll try the hue/saturation... cuz MW said it needed more color "pop" ... maybe that would help

Rascal

ok .... so an update, another creation of mine:

mostly just trying to learn to color things in ....

i drew this in AI

Bố

CnC: Too dark for my liking......>__________>"........like seriously......It's super duper dark even in this light skin forum...