Separation of "Muffin Central" and G2Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main issue is G2 undeniable benefit from Emmie's short time her has been met with very little civility from their side. Evidence wise - the only bit of "evidence" that has been posted are Emmie's logs of Alan giving her the green light, which aren't set in stone either. Sure, G2 has a more "detailed" description of affairs, but between four heads details can be easily fabricated.

You judgement of the situation assumes that everyone presenting the details is of an ethically sound character, while the situation at hand should lead you to believe otherwise. Granted, Emmie is the reason I'm here, but even objectively the split was terribly handled.
Then we are left with nothing but our own opinions and thoughts on the matter. Which, by the way, I never said mine was RIGHT. This is what I believe and yours is what you believe-that is how it should be left. With that being said, because I have said it before, this situation should be left to the administrators. If you believe there are fabrications, by all means, do some sleuthing if possible. If it actually gets you somewhere, I congratulate you. Otherwise, you're not doing me much of a favor telling me my judgment of the situation is flawed. I can very well say the same for yours. By the way-none of this post is sarcastic. You're talking to someone who is taking this situation 100% serious.

@raven.sinn Your questions are very thoughtful. I would like answers to those myself, if someone who has the information right can answer them.

OH MY GOSH. I just realized what's been bugging me this whole time.

Will someone please change the title to "Separation of "Muffin Central" and G2Anime". I knew there was something with the title and it was just burning at me this whole time. xD

I just realized something, Legio-you said I was being overcritizing of Emeralda. I want you to read my FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD AGAIN. There, you will see WHY I am staying here and IF I HAD THE TIME TO DEDICATE TO IT, I would follow Emeralda onto another forum as well. Before you start saying I'm getting on someone specific, READ! It helps!

Also, I'm not a fan of the deceit. While we're at it, one side of the argument has more information and evidence while the other doesn't. I understand this is on a completely different level than that of just the members; however, I do understand that the side that has all or most of the evidence usually wins. If you don't have proper leadership support, you're going to fall, no matter WHAT your position is. Don't believe me? Life itself will teach you that lesson. The cost is that a lot of the members here may scatter or pursue other places...

It is at that time, however, that some members must learn to be a little more mature and not just leave because there's an administrative problem. Some members say that it is money; however, if you're not giving into ANY of that money, you lack the right to discuss that word. From what I've read (I have read ALL 11 pages, btw), it sounds like the donations came from people who aren't really here anymore. Once again, I stress that if it isn't YOUR money, you do NOT have a say about the WORD money. If the problem is something else, as I see it really is, then discuss about that please.

While we're at it, that's like leaving your job because more rules have been put in place that you don't like. Ask yourself if you really have the time to find another job? Ask yourself if you really have the time to dedicate to another place...

If you do, then good luck to you and may your endeavors be pleasant *is saying this to EVERYONE*.

Kuro stays here. Not that I don't like all of the people I've ever interacted with, and if anyone wants to find me, please obtain my email or MSN or Yahoo IM from my profile before they leave. I have found this place pleasing with the current members/merged members I have met, and just because something has happened doesn't mean I need to disappear. Honestly-if I had the time to do so, I wouldn't mind following Emeralda myself except...

I don't have the ability to dedicate myself to many forums due to my working all the time, and I'm already active in another forum besides this one. I don't honestly think I could operate on THREE while doing everything else I do online in my LIMITED TIME online at all.

I'll be sad to see some of you leave if you do, but I've enjoyed almost everyone here.

P.S. Before anyone gets on MY case, I used to be a former moderator for AnimeTempest. I also have not mentioned anyone else's screen name besides Emeralda's and that was for the sake of making a statement that wasn't offensive. If you want to come at me, come at me with maturity and decency in your statements. Otherwise, I'll ignore you; my right to do so. Thank you.
This. Deceit was what led to this whole problem. And I'm not only agreeing with this statement because theres more evidence on one side, but because I know the opposing very well (or even better).

Only thing I disagree with is the rules statement. Meaning that its no that they have new rules, its just that little to no rules were being enforced, where as now theyre actually enforcing the rules like any other normal forum would. Theyre not doing anything unfair.

And thats that baby.

@KuroNightStar, dont waste your time/energy arguing. Some people arent going to listen or get things.

This. Deceit was what led to this whole problem. And I'm not only agreeing with this statement because theres more evidence on one side, but because I know the opposing very well (or even better).

Only thing I disagree with is the rules statement. Meaning that its no that they have new rules, its just that little to no rules were being enforced, where as now theyre actually enforcing the rules like any other normal forum would. Theyre not doing anything unfair.

And thats that baby.
My dear @Crom that was a comparison I was making. It didn't really have any meaning besides comparison. I was not referring to the rules, just to be clear. Also, I suppose so. Except for a select few, I haven't seen much maturity in this thread myself. Ah well-those who will stay, will stay, and those who will go, will go. I am sad to see them leave though, which is what inspired my posting in the first place.

I just realized something, Legio-you said I was being overcritizing of Emeralda. I want you to read my FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD AGAIN. There, you will see WHY I am staying here and IF I HAD THE TIME TO DEDICATE TO IT, I would follow Emeralda onto another forum as well. Before you start saying I'm getting on someone specific, READ! It helps!
Well, I didn't immediately respond to your first posts because I saw no problem with it. Your responses to John became increasingly critical of Emeralda, which prompted me to point out that believing Cana word for word is equivalent to blindly following Emmie to a new location.

I have no real issue with your opinion on not wanting to divide your time, but please try not to imply that I can't read. Not insulting other members in a civil debate! It helps!

Well, I didn't immediately respond to your first posts because I saw no problem with it. Your responses to John became increasingly critical of Emeralda, which prompted me to point out that believing Cana word for word is equivalent to blindly following Emmie to a new location.

I have no real issue with your opinion on not wanting to divide your time, but please try not to imply that I can't read. Not insulting other members in a civil debate! It helps!
Touche, mon ami. Touche indeed. I am more critical of John, because I know who he is and he hasn't learned to respond in a civil, thoughtful manner. If you had said this at first or made yourself more clear, I probably would have not said what I said in my last post. I'm not going to apologize, but I will not retaliate. This is my means of understanding.

@Darkchao45 I didn't ignore her :p

I said largely my dear Kuro not completely lol
Do you know, my dear Darkchao, that I'm picking on you? I've lost the will to be serious about this situation anymore. That is-I've said enough. Anything else from now on is me either responding maturely or picking on someone I like *i.e. you lol*

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
There seems to have been problems with MangaFox before and that little one line is all I know.

PS: Thought you should get at least some kind of answer, no matter how crappy it is.

Darkchao45

No More Heroes
Staff member
Do you know, my dear Darkchao, that I'm picking on you? I've lost the will to be serious about this situation anymore. That is-I've said enough. Anything else from now on is me either responding maturely or picking on someone I like *i.e. you lol*
*brofists*

The show must go on!

And I like you already :3 ....been camping in this thread to hear some answers and was tempted to bump it but I don't want to appear like some whiny bitch wanting attention XD
lol, it happens. Someone says something that completely contradicts/destroys/questions what they are saying/going for and ignore it. You see it everywhere :3

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
As far as moving out for the second time, it can be explained simply as follow (at least from my point of view);

1. The first move out is largely due to the previous owner inability to provide a main site (after waiting for a considerable amount of time). I personally see nothing personal there but a necessary move to avoid the forum from declining.

2. When moving to G2, I was rather discouraged by the fact that it was on IPB. After certain amount of time, it is clear that the forum cannot survive with IPB. Thus, when we move to vB, it really jumpstart everyone's interest once again and A LOT of modifications has been done with vB. The forum are able to retain an amount of users that ensure its longevity, nothing big - but significantly enough to make the forum at least active in the minimum sense.

I will not debate about which software is better and which isn't since they all are roughly equals. However, regardless of everything, we can all agree that vB is the most popular, and this "popular" notion is what important in forum. It's like PS and Dreamcast; one can say that Dreamcast is better - but popularity speak volume in the end.

I personally really do not see any REAL justification in moving into xF. If it's about license money, it can always be discussed with the forumers. Moving out into xF (which interestingly and coincidentally enough at the same time frame as AT merging) simply means abandoning all the massive works that has been done with vB all this time. I am somewhat inclining to see this move as at least partly an attempt to restrict Emeralda's power.

Edit:
The new place offer both; license and main site.

I see. I do not wish to debate what forum software is the best (my community runs on IPB and my members are quite happy with it), but my question remains the same.

Why the merge? Based on my understanding, Emmie moved the whole MC to G2...why did she do it in the first place, instead of making her own? She should have known that merging with a new entity, especially if that entity is the one paying for the server and own the licenses, her power is limited, even if she is the front person in the community.

Even the second time around, she chose to merge with Generation Otaku (did I get the name right? I am too lazy to skim back)...what will happen if something like this happen again? She is going to be jerking her members along again and again and she cannot do anything because she doesn't have the full authority.

Money is not a problem as far as I can see. Kaze, I saw you donating $100 in one go...she can easily start a community of her own if she wants. What is stopping Emmie from going independent?

Kaze Araki

Libertarian Communist
I see. I do not wish to debate what forum software is the best (my community runs on IPB and my members are quite happy with it), but my question remains the same.
Your question has been answered.

Why the merge? Based on my understanding, Emmie moved the whole MC to G2...why did she do it in the first place, instead of making her own? She should have known that merging with a new entity, especially if that entity is the one paying for the server and own the licenses, her power is limited, even if she is the front person in the community.
Your using your own opinion as assumption. I do not know their agreement (I only talked from my personal point of view) and neither does your implying that she would have less power (in regard to the forum) is valid. All is up to them, whether they wanted to work on equal term or not.

Even the second time around, she chose to merge with Generation Otaku (did I get the name right? I am too lazy to skim back)...what will happen if something like this happen again? She is going to be jerking her members along again and again and she cannot do anything because she doesn't have the full authority.
Now this part is bullshit, moving around is not something that is a wonderful hobby, it's a painful task. The new place offer both, so I doubt that would happens. But also you are avoiding addressing my point, it is clear here that regardless of the motive, the moving out to xF blatantly diminish her bargaining power completely.

Money is not a problem as far as I can see. Kaze, I saw you donating $100 in one go...she can easily start a community of her own if she wants. What is stopping Emmie from going independent?
I never claim that money was, the amount needed is only $210, but you skillfully avoid my point here. If money wasn't the issue, why the painstaking moving out needed in the first place? You shift the question a la a lawyer by asking why Emeralda don't want to start on her own, BUT THAT"S NOT THE POINT!

Lily

Dead is the new alive.
This merger was already an indicate what was to happen. Basically the whole forum is made into a second AT. Oh well. I had a lot of work done in the site and forum (concerning mangauploads and what not) which makes me sad because Im not staying in this environment. I didnt join this pplace for G2 nor for AT whose admin since he arrived has done everything to ignore Emmie it seems. *remembers disagreements and going behind Emmie's back in staff section* So yeah 'huge disagreement' --> G2 and AT conspiring!

/conspiracy theorist > D

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
And we've done nothing but do everything Emmie wanted on xF. We did our best to replicate Konata and were working on modifications. I installed a mentions system here as well since it was popular. We listen to Emeralda every step of the way. Don't say that this is a conspiracy, this is a result of a person refusing to work with all other admins regardless of how much we said we'd work with her.

My thought would be *and this is only my thought*-if you have the money to do so, GO INDEPENDENT to avoid these problems in the future. I mean-why depend on someone else when you have the ability to do something yourself? That makes it seem like a matter of confidence in one's self. If not, make that a goal and ask others to help you reach that goal. If you know there are problems with plan #1, have plans 2,3, AND 4 ready. I think all of this may have been rushed a bit, and we have to do what we have to do. However, it isn't the fault of ANYONE ELSE if someone doesn't have their stuff together, ready to deal with ALL or MOST possible outcomes. And with that, I bid thee all a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.