Separation of "Muffin Central" and G2Anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canabary

Administrator
We regret to inform you that due to significant disagreement between G2Anime and staff members from the former "Muffin Central" it has been decided to dissolve the merger between the two. In the end there was too much friction between the two sides for a partnership to be viable. "Muffin Central" 's owner Emeralda has been given a copy of the database and the old vBulletin installation to continue her forum elsewhere.

Staff that came from Muffin Central can if they wish to stay, notify either Alan, Boyd, Myself or Brad. However, we do specify that this is not "Muffin Central" and that we are not affiliated or connected with "Muffin Central" in any way. We wish "Muffin Central" all the best and hope they can continue elsewhere. In the end the direction we saw for the site did not coincide with the views of "Muffin Central"'s leadership.

Bloodrazor

The Overlord
"Muffin Central"

Meh... This is so troublesome. I was getting cozy with this site.

I'll go both places if Emmie decides to split, however I hope the community doesn't get killed

What does this mean in terms of this site in particulair? Does this, which I am on now, become a new web adress? Will information on posts get lost in the split? Will there be a different forum for Muffin Central than on G2Anime?

Canabary

Administrator
"Muffin Central"

Meh... This is so troublesome. I was getting cozy with this site.

I'll go both places if Emmie decides to split, however I hope the community doesn't get killed
Emmie is free to continue a community elsewhere, and will probably do so.

What does this mean in terms of this site in particulair? Does this, which I am on now, become a new web adress? Will information on posts get lost in the split? Will there be a different forum for Muffin Central than on G2Anime?
It means nothing for this place in particular, except for a handful of staff changes, a reorgainzation of the forum and a few other tweaks here and here.

Does this mean my account on here will be deleted? ;A;
No.

So basically, G2 reaps all the benefits from from the MC merger without actually having to deal with Emeralda/the MC staff? That was so clever of you guys. <3

Okay. So basically this is mostly in reguard of staff? Will graphical changes be affected as I heard that different forum hosts dont allow special features? (Last time I was here it was white and orange and... Different. That was about a month ago)

Tempest

The Lotus Eater
Staff member
So basically, G2 reaps all the benefits from from the MC merger without actually having to deal with Emeralda/the MC staff? That was so clever of you guys. <3
It's your choice to stay and make active use of your account or not. We aren't forcing anyone from MC to stay.

roselillya

Bleep Bloop
Staff member
Okay. So basically this is mostly in reguard of staff? Will graphical changes be affected as I heard that different forum hosts dont allow special features? (Last time I was here it was white and orange and... Different. That was about a month ago)
You can change your skin
click that and you can change it between a few different choices

Canabary

Administrator
Anyone is welcome to follow Emeralda to another forum. We do not however see why we should delete our user base after having been merged for 4 months.
I'm not sure what you mean by this? We do no actually have a "host" per say. We own servers in a datacenter, we are our own hosts.

Ah, thank you so much! It helps me.

To be honest I wasn't sure what I mean't either. Sorry for troubling you, I am just a bit confused over everything.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
It's your choice to stay and make active use of your account or not. We aren't forcing anyone from MC to stay.
Yes, but you didn't give the same chance to me. You gave me a one week old database from before the merge, but at the same time you're keeping everything I ever made. Is that fair?

Canabary

Administrator
Yes, but you didn't give the same chance to me. You gave me a one week old database from before the merge, but at the same time you're keeping everything I ever made. Is that fair?
We aren't keeping everything. Graphics made by you, the names of the sections and organization will be changed.

Canabary

Administrator
Oh hell...

This is like ripping apart everything we did here.
We are sad to see this come to this conclusion as well. But we simply can not continue having infighting between administrative staff like we've had. Certainly not to the extent that we've experienced over the forum software.

HappyNisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh gawd T_T why do you people keep making me choose!!! T_T
I mean I dont think I can handle being a mod at two different websites >.<" (though in here on this new bulletin i have no acces to the staffsection nor do I have any modpowers in my section, thought that was simply coz of the merge)
so seems I have to choose :/ OTL gawd T_T I liked it the way it was.. but oh well *sigh*

How long till you are gonna seperate? <-- how long till I have to make a choice >.>"

Status
Not open for further replies.