Religion

Nori

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Krahe @ July 27, 2007, 10:11 AM) [snapback]9537[/snapback]</div>
There is? :huh: I've always considered Catholicism to be another branch of Christianity (More specifically, the general "starting point").[/b]
It is a part of Christianity. Mag-Daddy's wording is kinda iffy.

The reason he's really saying that the Catholics aren't really Christians is because they tell there people to worship God in ways that are absolutely not in the Bible, many of those things were put into place because they made a profit from it.

Such as the idea of purgatory, which is said by them to be a place that you go before either going to heaven or hell. Purgatory is no where in the Bible and by making up this place people paid the priests of churches so they would be able to get access into heaven. Since most people couldn't read the Bible for themselves when this was instituted they got away with it easily.

Also, confessions, why should we have to confess our sins to the priest when we have direct access to God ourselves? And finally the saints things (especially St. Mary)....it's just stupid, especially the Mary one, why make her a saint she just had Jesus....I mean yes she brought our savior into the world, but what did she do afterwards? I'll just end it at that point.

I don't see that you've used the words muslim and Islam incorrectly, Krahe :)

And I don't think we [the Arab nations] put out more extremists than any other main religion...There is quite a focus on Muslims though.

Yeah the whole catholic vs christian thing is a bit topsy turvy for me..... There are many variations between catholocism and christianity, like baptism for instance...... I'm a baptist (I know it's just another denomination but it illustrates my point) and a part of my faith is ofcourse being baptised.... In this instance catholics are baptised as babies, whereas with us christians we choose to be baptised..... We make a stand for God and we declare to the world that we are going to follow him whole-heartedly.

another difference is the whole Papel system. (dunno if i spelled that right)..... with us christians we do not recognise the pope at all, whereas he is seen as being sort of second in command to the kingdom od God to catholic people..... The apparently see him as their intermediary in relationship to god (tell me if i am wrong you catholic people in this forum :tongue:).

Also with us christians, we believe that Jesus is our way to speak to God and this is where we can confess our sins..... we are then cleansed. Though catholics believe in relaying their sins to an ordained priest (fathers??) in order for their sins to be forgiven....

These are just a few differences..... U guys should check out the difference by going to a christian church and then going to a cathedral.... U'll find it to be poles apart!! Everything about it is totally different!!

It is actually a great thing to do, because at least that way you know what it is all about and you would only have wasted like 2 hours of your time!!

BTW: there are quite a few other differences... these are just a few... and also christianity (as far as I know) did not stem from catholicism (because they really are that different!!) :laugh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maq_daddy @ July 25, 2007, 4:05 AM) [snapback]9406[/snapback]</div>
Entombment, could you please list these contradictions?? If you have the time that is. Its good for us christians to know what people see our faith as being, so that we can search for those answers ourselves. Probably some of the things on your list are things that I have found contradictory too, though I like the challenge of finding the answers to those questions. :tongue:[/b]
A little late, but I suppose. I'll only mention a few, due to the fact that its 5:00 AM here

<div align="center">Joseph's Father?</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Jacob

MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.[/b]
Heli

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.[/b]
Alright, done for now

Hmmm.... these were actually kinda good to think about..... I guess you have to really be scrutinizing the bible with a microscope to pick some of these up..... anyways I went away and checked some of these up.......

1. For the question of beast and man, beast was created first (which is shown in your proof of this for the beast). The second set of verses are a bit distorted when I look at my bible..... I study from the NIV bible (which is standard these days) and
the verses you have seem to come from the King James version (old english, and older ways of writing). In the NIV

Gen 2:19 : Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name[/b]
The point i'm getting at is that the "Now" at the beginning of the verse says that it is a continuation, not a starting point if this makes sense??

2. When it comes to your next question.... God is both peaceful and wrathful (I love that word :laugh:)... The second case (about his anger) was God showing his Jealous side, because his people had turned their backs on him and had started worshipping idols. (this is explained by exodus 20:4 where God says that he is a jealous God)..... He is peaceful when his children are well behaved, and enraged when they are otherwised. That simple!! I sorta think this answers both questions 2 and 3??

4. As for the whole Josephs father thing..... this one had me kinda guessing. The only explanation i could come up with explanation is that Jacob was the branch in the family which eventually lead to the birth of christ (hence he is seen as the father of the line). This kinda makes sense when you read the rest of luke 3 when it gives Jesus's full geniology and it shows Jacob further in there..... this would also explain why Heli was removed from the equation.??

Dunno really if these answered some of these questions.... It depends on the translation and your interpretation as well, so this could appease you or annoy you.... you chose.

hey, to start, i would like to say that i'm Athiest. i dont believe in god or anything, but i certainly dont think less of religious people. in fact, i rather envy their faith, for i just can't beleive in a higher power, or god/s. i think i first began to question religion when i was in grade 6. since then, i've looked into a few religions, learnt about islam, buddhism, christianity, catholic, wiccan and even read up satanism.. and the truth is, i've found that i can understand the concepts, but not put my faith in them (so to speak).

Swiss

function Swiss()
I've practiced Satanism in my life. It's theory is actually quite an interesting one

Saying that Satan is the human nature within all of us[/b]

May God help your soul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Entombment @ September 20, 2007, 4:18 PM) [snapback]11156[/snapback]</div>
I've practiced Satanism in my life. It's theory is actually quite an interesting one

Saying that Satan is the human nature within all of us[/b]
hey, u must know that i dont fully understand satanism, or how it is practiced, but from what i have learned (from unbiased books not written by the church), satanism's reputation can be quite unfairly stained. Most satanists that i know of, are normal, (not blood drinking/ animal sacrificing) people. A lot of what i find in books against satanists is myth.
And anyway, i'm happy with how anyone chooses to live their life, with whatever beliefs they choose, as long as it doesnt go completely against my moral basis. (as in, i dont think that killing others is right) I do however, choose to further examine those religions where such things that could be considered morally wrong are practiced; if not to accept, then at least to understand a little better.
I personally am a little judgemental on christianity/chatholic because of my upbringing (my father is strongly against religion). And was compelled to look back into history to the origins of the oldest religions. lol, It can be quite interesting what one can find about how these religions began.
anyway.. i prattle on too much

I am personally a Christian but im flexible with my beliefs. I think,however, that the world would be a much better place if there was no specific religion and that everyone had that same beliefs. Please don't misunderstand me and think that i want to force beliefs on people or do a er... 'Hitler'. What i mean is that if, originally, everyone had the same holy book and same rules or if there wasnt anything at all, it would make things better.

Even though i've been baptised and therefore be a christian I gave up on giving a monkeys about religion a long while ago, and my one and only view on it is that its something people use an excuse to be really crappy to each other :p I mean seriously there are places in the UK now where you cant even call christmas lights christmas lights anymore, I am completely unbiased in how a person lives their life but when they try to force another person into it one way or another I think that these ppl need lining up in front of a firing squad :p

Im not into beleiving in one thing its a persons choice wether they believe in god or who ever but i still dont get y ppl waste there sundays haha isnt that recovery day lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (deathangelebz @ November 9, 2007, 4:57 PM) [snapback]11847[/snapback]</div>
I am personally a Christian but im flexible with my beliefs. I think,however, that the world would be a much better place if there was no specific religion and that everyone had that same beliefs. Please don't misunderstand me and think that i want to force beliefs on people or do a er... 'Hitler'. What i mean is that if, originally, everyone had the same holy book and same rules or if there wasnt anything at all, it would make things better.[/b]
hmm... i think i understand what you're getting at. Are you trying to say that a lot of the times people fight, it's over religion, and therefore, if there was only one beleif that everyone followed, there would be no fights? if that's wot you're saying, i reckon you've got a valid point.
So much war and bloodshed is in the name of God, whether that be the christian/catholic god, allah, buddha or others. I personally think that sometimes the world would be better without religion - as some stem from ancient superstitians and because of this, have in the past haulted scientific and medical progression and the such.
It's interesting to imagine how far advanced we'd be if examining the human body centries ago wasn't heresy. If the science of evolution was accepted quicker, and how many lives would not be condemned to die a painful death of AID's because contraception is banned in catholocism?

I'm a muslim 100% xD
I believe in God. I just can't live not knowing who created this whole universe (SP?). It's like living without caring to know who your parents are.

im a catholic.. Christian is a major name who believe in jesus,taken from the name 'CHRIST" n nowadays Christianity r apart that is catholic and protestant but its still the same.. only the way n some belief r diff.. like who is catholic,they do the cross b4 praying.. sex b4 marry and abortion child is a taboo in christian.. well,i aint a good catholic

I'm a member of the Curch of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, aka a Pastafarian. Before ANYONE criticizes this religion, go to the official site and find out what it's actually about. www.venganza.org

Once you understand why the religion was made, then comment on it, but don't instantly assume things just because of its name, and I wont assume anything about your religion. If you have any questions about it that the website doesn't clarify, just ask, I've read the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (a really funny and intellectual book that I would suggest to anyone who doesn't have a problem hearing their religion put down.)

Don't mean to insult anyone here, but if anyone believes in Scientology I'd like to know why. It's completely ridiculous, and very stupid

Also, your sites are down. Have a nice day